XBLA - Bomberman LIVE - 800pts - Bomb Up Pack 3 Now Up

If you're not on my FL already and you want to play some bomberman, I'm all for it-- Linkin was the only one online at 5AM EST last night :).

Here's a tip for getting 3 kills at once and for the 130 tiles in a zombie paint match (although I have not gotten it yet): put all weapons in the game and try to get both the super flame power up and the skull bomb power up. That combo blows up 1/4th the stage.

On a side note, I had a blast playing with LinkinPrime, Musicnoteless, I0, Zewone, Mr. Jared and of course CheapyD this morning. Here's to many more times on enjoyment.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Here's a tip for getting 3 kills at once and for the 130 tiles in a zombie paint match (although I have not gotten it yet): put all weapons in the game and try to get both the super flame power up and the skull bomb power up. That combo blows up 1/4th the stage.

On a side note, I had a blast playing with LinkinPrime, Musicnoteless, I0, Zewone, Mr. Jared and of course CheapyD this morning. Here's to many more times on enjoyment.[/quote]

Oh man didn't recognize you. I thought you were a random guy...Mr. Jared was a random guy right?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Good thing Cheapy didn't win while I played, supposedly his victory screenshot is a shot of his "niss-nacks" :lol:[/QUOTE]

He won the match right before you came in and he threatened with the niz-nacks, but didn't quite, uh, pull the trigger ;).

Just so everyone knows, at the end of the match (once a person has won 2 or 3 games - whatever the settings are) it shows either your bomberman character or your vision camera feed. If you didn't win, it shows a static shot from your camera. If you win, you get an extended time (at least 20-30 seconds) to do whatever you want on the camera with a captive audience :lol:. We had one guy pimp Viva Pinata and show off what I think was one of the upcoming plush toys (now, I want want of those for my kids - Cheapy, did you know that Jared guy or was he some random SOB from Live?).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']io, Did your kids play Bomberman Live! yet? If so what was their reaction?[/QUOTE]

They're at a camp this afternoon and I need to get work done (and yet, here I am on CAG ;)). We'll play this evening for sure and I'll let you know. I'm really hoping they like it. Carcassone was a bit too much for them (or too slow and boring, perhaps, though I like it ;)). I expect the Bomberman experience to be very different. I'm not being random - I'm comparing multi-controller games (3 or 4 players) since there aren't a ton on the 360. I've been looking for a good one for me and the kids. I know they will like customizing Bomberman and will get a kick out of the revenge cart.

Hey, can anyone explain the revenge cart achievement? I thought it said you have to win a match after being in the cart but I did that last night and got nothing. Then I realized it says "Super Revenge Cart". What is that?

[quote name='io']
Hey, can anyone explain the revenge cart achievement? I thought it said you have to win a match after being in the cart but I did that last night and got nothing. Then I realized it says "Super Revenge Cart". What is that?[/QUOTE]
You have to make sure there is enough CPU players first.

Then, just kill yourself.

In super revenge, when you kill someone from your cart, you get back in the game.

After coming back, just win the match.

[quote name='io']They're at a camp this afternoon and I need to get work done (and yet, here I am on CAG ;)). We'll play this evening for sure and I'll let you know. I'm really hoping they like it. Carcassone was a bit too much for them (or too slow and boring, perhaps, though I like it ;)). I expect the Bomberman experience to be very different. I'm not being random - I'm comparing multi-controller games (3 or 4 players) since there aren't a ton on the 360. I've been looking for a good one for me and the kids. I know they will like customizing Bomberman and will get a kick out of the revenge cart.

Hey, can anyone explain the revenge cart achievement? I thought it said you have to win a match after being in the cart but I did that last night and got nothing. Then I realized it says "Super Revenge Cart". What is that?[/quote]

There's a setting for "Revenge" called "Super". Basically, you die, and if you kill someone while riding the cart, you get to be back in the game and that bomber goes to the cart, after coming back from the cart to the game, win the match and its supposed to give it to you.

Ah, I see. I guess I didn't kill someone to get back in (and I may have missed that 'super' setting so it probably wouldn't have mattered). I thought it meant be in the cart for one game, then come back in the next and win the match (which is what I did). D'oh! Well, good, anyway, I have something else to shoot for now.

I am going to send some invites out to people in this thread since nobody on my list has this game.

I won't take it personally if you decline.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']io, did your kids play Bomberman Live! yet? If so what was their reaction?[/QUOTE]

And now they are playing it - a definite thumbs up from them. My older son (7)has already created himself a pirate Bomberman and they took to the game very quickly. In fact, I'd say they figured out the controls and how to get away from the bombs much faster than I did. I kept dropping them behind myself and getting trapped last night when we all played.

And they LOVE the super cart mode where they can get back in the game.

And I like this game for them because they can play it without any help from me, so they don't bug me constantly when I'm trying to work (or CAG). :lol:

They did have to run in here and tell me they got an achievement though (apparently they both got one, not sure which). Whoever at MS thought up achievements should get one huge bonus - they've got my kids hooked, that's for sure. (Damn Microsoft!)

[quote name='Puzznic']I am going to send some invites out to people in this thread since nobody on my list has this game.

I won't take it personally if you decline.[/QUOTE]

Good luck. Almost everyone participating in this thread have full friendlists.

I downloaded it this morning and boy I am hooked. Was gonna play this all day, but I'm covering somebody at work.

But I'll be home after 9pm California. Add me...and if you're playing, I'll jump in! :D

[quote name='Puzznic']I am going to send some invites out to people in this thread since nobody on my list has this game.

I won't take it personally if you decline.[/quote]

feel free to add me. I'm looking for some people to play the game with.

gamertag is carlwinslow2000

[quote name='io']And now they are playing it - a definite thumbs up from them. My older son (7)has already created himself a pirate Bomberman and they took to the game very quickly. In fact, I'd say they figured out the controls and how to get away from the bombs much faster than I did. I kept dropping them behind myself and getting trapped last night when we all played.

And they LOVE the super cart mode where they can get back in the game.

And I like this game for them because they can play it without any help from me, so they don't bug me constantly when I'm trying to work (or CAG). :lol:

They did have to run in here and tell me they got an achievement though (apparently they both got one, not sure which). Whoever at MS thought up achievements should get one huge bonus - they've got my kids hooked, that's for sure. (Damn Microsoft!)[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! Do they each have their own gamertag to keep track of their own achievements?

what the fuck xbl for some reason just won't let me pay with my credit card to get ms points, now i have to wait and go buy a 1600 point card in the store. fuck.

[quote name='sying']It also seems like i like to kill myself often[/quote] yea u do lol and i like to tap my self with my own bombs

I'm gonna go out and get some MS points here soon (because Microsoft doesn't allow you to buy points in 400 point intervals for some reason although it's normal to have stuff in $5 increments) and get Bomberman. Unsure about Gold though since I have a 48 hour trial, which I'll use to play some Bomberman.

[quote name='sying']Gloveslap is crazy good at this crap[/QUOTE]

Yea I just played him in some Zombie matches I got Pwoned

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in these 10 pages, but can you have guests locally play with you on Live?

Also, the achievements sound difficult, how are they?

Yes you can play online locally on player matches.

Achivements are pretty hard, but you can boost almost all of them.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That's awesome! Do they each have their own gamertag to keep track of their own achievements?[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah - I played with them tonight and helped them get a few. My youngest just has a regular profile (no XBL) and my oldest has a Silver account. He's almost got more achievements than me now. You can check it out: LightningMQueen. Yes, he's really, really into the Cars movie ;). Feel free to add him (if you have spare room) He won't be playing online much at all, but he loves looking at the leaderboards and has no one on his friend list but me. I might use some 48 hour codes for him for Bomberman though at some point (he'd just play without the headset ;)).

Sorry about not being able to get you in earlier dubb. But those matches filled up quick. Most dropped though.

Also, for people wondering about customization. In Local play, if you notice those gold diamond-shaped balls. I believe those are the Costume Balls that you need for an Achievement and more customization. Someone asked me during online play, but I didn't have an answer.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Is it just me or do the player models seem too small, or the camera seems just a tad bit too far away?[/quote]

Click in the right thumbstick to change the camera.

[quote name='KingBroly']Sorry about not being able to get you in earlier dubb. But those matches filled up quick. Most dropped though.[/quote]

no worries I found a game with a bunch of CAGs including Cheapy himself. I'll be looking to play with you next time though for sure. It's difficult inviting people right now for sure because people flood in.

holy crap I already got my money's worth. and somehow it became 1am. definitely worth $10 to play bomberman on XBL.

bread's done
Back