XBLA--LIMBO- Out now!

[quote name='zeoavenger']That's where I stopped watching. :lol:[/QUOTE]Eh, I kept watching. She was still wearing a bikini. ;)

Just beat Limbo, was just as short as I feared it would be. I also figured it would be a classic and have much replayability due to the lack of narrative.

loved Limbo, great clever, and overall very original puzzle/platformer. Simply can't be missed.

Beat it a few nights ago. I must've died 100 times but I did it without any hints. However I did cheat a little on a few achievements.

Like Braid I'll probably never do another play through. I still feel 800 points is a more appropriate price but I'm glad I bought it. The best XBLA game this year so far.

I really enjoyed the demo, but am scared off by the reports of it being so short. But I generally don't mind short games because I play games slowly, so I'm not sure why it's worrying me. Still, I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger.

The game is freakily scary. There's no way I could play this in front of my kids as it would probably give them nightmares for weeks.

[quote name='crunchewy']I really enjoyed the demo, but am scared off by the reports of it being so short. But I generally don't mind short games because I play games slowly, so I'm not sure why it's worrying me. Still, I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger.

The game is freakily scary. There's no way I could play this in front of my kids as it would probably give them nightmares for weeks.[/QUOTE]
I was in the same boat, but all the positive reviews and feedback made me pull the trigger and pay $15 for it. I also figured that since I plan on buying Lara Croft and for me Castlevania is a must-buy. I'll get 400 points back for buying Limbo as well, so that I can pretend it only cost 800 points!

[quote name='Sigma']I was in the same boat, but all the positive reviews and feedback made me pull the trigger and pay $15 for it. I also figured that since I plan on buying Lara Croft and for me Castlevania is a must-buy. I'll get 400 points back for buying Limbo as well, so that I can pretend it only cost 800 points![/QUOTE]

That's the same as I am looking at it. Overall I think it's worth the money.

[quote name='crunchewy']I really enjoyed the demo, but am scared off by the reports of it being so short. But I generally don't mind short games because I play games slowly, so I'm not sure why it's worrying me. Still, I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger.[/QUOTE]
I downloaded the demo but didn't play it right away. I told myself I would wait for a sale, but with all the buzz I caved in and tried the demo. Then I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I pulled the trigger this morning and bought it. I played for about an hour this morning, and I'm at 31%, so I figure I'll finish it with one or two more sittings. I'm already not regretting the purchase; this game is amazing.

I'm about 70% through I think - I have to be coming up on the end. I like it but don't love it. The graphics and atmosphere are amazing and the puzzles are fun (varied and challenging but not too challenging) but I think it is just missing something. The achievements are really lame too - they are totally tacked on. I'd give it an 8.5/10 though. Very good but not great - certainly worth the $11.25 I paid for it.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm about 70% through I think - I have to be coming up on the end. I like it but don't love it. The graphics and atmosphere are amazing and the puzzles are fun (varied and challenging but not too challenging) but I think it is just missing something. The achievements are really lame too - they are totally tacked on. I'd give it an 8.5/10 though. Very good but not great - certainly worth the $11.25 I paid for it.[/QUOTE]

Really, the achievements are just tacked on? I've only gotten one and it was pretty hard to get.

I finished LIMBO last night. I had grabbed the demo like the week before Halloween and I really dug it which led to a purchase. (grabbed it before the 800 bonus points deal expired).

I have to say I really really loved the game. I loved the atmosphere. I liked how the sound effects really fit each individual puzzle. It made the overall sparseness of sound that much more effective. The puzzles themselves were challenging at times but not in a frustrating way. I never went to a guide which made me feel good and I definitely got the sense of accomplishment after each one. I thought it was also kind of interesting how it mixed up the puzzle elements with some platforming and it did a good job of keeping you engaged. The game was on the short side but for me it was definitely worth the price of admission.

bread's done
Back