[XBLA] - Monday Night Combat - 1200 Points - Free DLC Out Now!

I was addicted to this game when it first came out. I haven't played it in quite a while. I queued up the DLC to download this morning. I'll have to give it a try tonight.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Well it's pretty disappointing that this thread is deserted now even after the free DLC.

Guess people are still stuck on reach and black ops.[/QUOTE]

I played a bit yesterday only to find out I'm a bit rusty. Played way more AC:B instead. When I did play there didn't seem to be a lack of games to join. I'm not sure if I like the new arena or not just yet.

I play this game at least 3-4 nights out of a week and some afternoons too. I love this game and despite it only being an XBLA title I enjoy it way more than Reach of Call of Duty(MW2 or BOps.) I just prefer games like this that emphasis team play rather than "OMG check out my 1337 K/D!"(mine's only 1.5, to prove a point.) Plus, would you ever see CoD or Halo throw out free DLC to their community? I've been really impressed with the team at Uber and their frequent interaction with the community, especially over on the official boards.

I really like the new map. It's a bit more conjested in the middle which I like. I don't usually play the heavier classes but I have been on this map. The assault really can make that map his own with all the movement available from flying.

I'm still coming to terms with a few of the other adjustments but all of them seem to favor longer, more team oriented matches, which I like. It seemed like before there was very little you could do to push out from your base once the other team had you pinned there. Now without the ridiculous lines of sight on some of the maps it's a bit easier to maneuver around and find ways to break through.

Anyone looking for a match is welcome to message me. I'm not that great but I love the game!

Anyone wanna help boost to get 200/200 sometime? I just need the triple kill one but I can help others get the menu kill / etc also.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I am havin a hell of a time getting pancake achievement.[/QUOTE]

This was the one achievement that I couldn't get through normal gameplay very easily. I did it by setting up a private match with two controllers and then made sure to jump in the air and fly with an assault(so he stayed there a bit longer.) and then slammed down on him with the gunner while he was in the air. This got me the achievement.

The game is half price today (600 points) for anyone that doesn't have it yet, no excuses now. It still is, imo, one of the best multiplayer experiences released this year.

I already posted a similar sentiment in the DOTW thread. I play this game constantly and have since its release. Please, if any of you have any inkling in a well made, humorous class based shooter, buy this. It was a deal quality wise at $15. For $7.50, it's ridiculous how much fun you can get out of this.

Anyone who needs someone to playwith, I'm always looking for more folks to play with, feel free to Friend me!

[quote name='Gamer SDP']WTP (Knaves) I see you've got the most lifetime monies on my FL. we should get a CAG night together maybe Monday nights?[/QUOTE]

That would be fantastic, I've been hoping we could get one together for months but there didn't seem to be enough interest here in the game.

I played this game a ton at launch. I think I got up around $300k in money. I quit playing it when the first DLC came out for Crackdown 2 and haven't gone back since. With the patches and free DLC, I always think about playing again, but haven't.

If a CAG night starts up, please PM me or something in case I don't check this thread often enough. I would definitely play.

I have had this pretty much since launch. I had a team for a little while on gamebattles.com. I go back every now again to this and the newly released Quake 3 Arena. Add me if you want to play in a party. I mainly play Gunner and Sniper. Sometimes Support and Assassin. Gamertag : RedBeardRaven .

WTP, saw that you're partaking in the uber tourney (read at gf). I browsed the list and don't think I've ever encountered anyone.

I might try to aim for a CAG night next Monday but not sure. is there a way to setup a private match?
atm I've ran solo and just played for kills, money, and taking down turrets. I started off with assassin but feel better with sniper. recently learning assault.

Oh uh, I'm taking part in an draft edition on the official forums. Didn't know it was uber sponsored though, that's cool.

The game does have a private match setting. You just need to invite folks into your game then you can search for games while in your party. I was thinking for cag we would try to get together a group of around 5 or 6. This way we could play as a team and chat in party about things. I am in no way a pro at this game but I would be happy to play with all of you and try to share what I can.

If more than 5 or 6 are interested, we can play teams against each other. Even if we only have 6 we can okay 3v3 too if you would rather.

I am not free Monday night this week as I have to work but If you all want to get together by all means. I am available wed/thu this coming week though. Would love to play with you guys any time too. I have added a few of you that have posted in here but if I missed someone feel free to add me. Also if you see me on x box by all means add me and well play a few rounds any time!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I hit you up yesterday WTP when I noticed you playing. I thought I friended you from CAG but couldn't remember. I was getting infuriated with this game yesterday. I almost rage deleted it from my HD.

If anyone still needs achievements or just someone to team with, send me an invite. Just got back into the game and am looking to knock out 2 achievements for it.

GT: Ironwilled

bread's done
Back