[XBLA] - Monday Night Combat - 1200 Points - Free DLC Out Now!

[quote name='youenvy']so this game is actually fun huh i mean i played the demo n thought meh-

but now after reading some of the comments im thinking maybe i should give it another try--

as it seams most of the fun is coming from playing with other people[/QUOTE]

I have a blast playing it. Never tried the demo thou. only time u'm mic'd thou is when im in a group with my friends...

I didn't try the demo for the game either. I had watched a couple developer walkthroughs of the game and thought it looked awesome from that.

[quote name='Hoffer']Just walk up to it and press the Y button. Same button you press to deploy it.[/QUOTE]

And to go with that, if you pay attention to your 3 colored buttons on the right side of the screen, they will only ever light up when you can use them. They will dim when you can't. If you pay attention to them you will notice all kinds of interesting things you may not have known.

Game has a lot more depth to it then you'd think if you just casually saw someone playing it. Right now Tank is my main and favorite class.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Just picked the game up so if you want a TF2 veteran and MNC noob to play with send me an invite.[/QUOTE]

Your TF2 knowledge won't help you much here. But yea, I'll be on again later tonight If you're still on we can play then.

i think we should set up a CAG Night, if people are interested, send me a friend invite on XBL with CAGNIGHT or something in it letting me know you are from here. ill work on setting us up two nights a week to get together... as far as killing a gunner? assassin or sniper, or dashing assault, or airstrike support... those are my biggest killers if i play offensive... defensively... assassins from the back or a juiced assault.

[quote name='Freemason']i think we should set up a CAG Night, if people are interested, send me a friend invite on XBL with CAGNIGHT or something in it letting me know you are from here. ill work on setting us up two nights a week to get together... as far as killing a gunner? assassin or sniper, or dashing assault, or airstrike support... those are my biggest killers if i play offensive... defensively... assassins from the back or a juiced assault.[/QUOTE]

Just give me the times, and I could most definitely update the OP.

The Demo sucks. I would advise to go watch the Giant Bomb guys play it instead. Still 1200 Points is too much for me. I think I payed about the same or less for TF2 which I know will not die any time soon.

[quote name='kklems']Anyone have problems with laggy mathces the last few days? Yesterday was just awful.[/QUOTE]

I played last night for about 90 minutes and had zero lag.

I've had one or two matches where there was like 5 seconds of lag, but that's it.

[quote name='eliter1']The Demo sucks. I would advise to go watch the Giant Bomb guys play it instead. Still 1200 Points is too much for me. I think I payed about the same or less for TF2 which I know will not die any time soon.[/QUOTE]

i played TF2 about 6 months ago and it was dead then.. for ranked matches anyways. now on PC thats another story... but for console shooters this is right now IMO the best and most budget option. and although it is a stylized animated class based shooter, it plays nothing like TF2 IMO. this game will be around a while and they plan regular updates

[quote name='eliter1']The Demo sucks. I would advise to go watch the Giant Bomb guys play it instead. Still 1200 Points is too much for me. I think I payed about the same or less for TF2 which I know will not die any time soon.[/QUOTE]

No game will ever have as much content/price as TF2. Valve uses it as a loss leader to get people to install steam.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Anybody else getting lag every now and again?[/QUOTE]

All of the lag I've experienced is from too many things on screen at once. Although, I've had the occasional lag due to the connection, nothing major though. Rarely happens.

[quote name='Freemason']i think we should set up a CAG Night, if people are interested, send me a friend invite on XBL with CAGNIGHT or something in it letting me know you are from here. ill work on setting us up two nights a week to get together... as far as killing a gunner? assassin or sniper, or dashing assault, or airstrike support... those are my biggest killers if i play offensive... defensively... assassins from the back or a juiced assault.[/QUOTE]

I'm down for a CAG night. I'm sending you an add now.

got a couple of ya added up, played against a few tonight, my last game i was 37/7 and every other person on my team was like 10/28 was awful lol. i RARELY get lag and if so for no more than a few seconds

Unless you know the people, I think Blitz is almost impossible. I get too many people who run around buying the cheapest towers. Maybe one day I can finish 'Playoff Blitz'.

[quote name='Darkchaos91']Unless you know the people, I think Blitz is almost impossible. I get too many people who run around buying the cheapest towers. Maybe one day I can finish 'Playoff Blitz'.[/QUOTE]

Do it solo. That is how I beat it the first time.

I've played it twice since with random people and beat it. It is far from impossible.

Well I know it isn't impossible, but it is with the people I play. I get many people who are level 0 who join 'playoff blitz' and have no idea what they're doing. I guess I'll try it solo and do it that way.

I tried to play this today and it was nothing but lag. I might stop playing if that is how this is going to be.

EDIT: Also what is up with all the ads that come up on screen now? today was the first H have seen them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sendme']I tried to play this today and it was nothing but lag. I might stop playing if that is how this is going to be.[/QUOTE]

might be the host, with the migration for host based play it may have just been that, very rarely have i had it and much less than other commercial games (COD:MW2, etc) don't be a quitter so soon, its very much better than many other games. i have yet to beat blitz playoff too, thought about doin it solo but havent gotten there... anytime i play with pick ups i usually get people who just wanna sit in a pathway and fire away... its all about the turrets ... a good support can lock down one side easy between them, their firebase, and upgraded turrets.

as far as ads.. you mean the AD Bomb the tank fires at you to blind you? i see no other ads in game but for lazer razer and the likes

[quote name='Freemason']might be the host, with the migration for host based play it may have just been that, very rarely have i had it and much less than other commercial games (COD:MW2, etc) don't be a quitter so soon, its very much better than many other games. i have yet to beat blitz playoff too, thought about doin it solo but havent gotten there... anytime i play with pick ups i usually get people who just wanna sit in a pathway and fire away... its all about the turrets ... a good support can lock down one side easy between them, their firebase, and upgraded turrets.

as far as ads.. you mean the AD Bomb the tank fires at you to blind you? i see no other ads in game but for lazer razer and the likes[/QUOTE]

Out of all my games today was the first time I ever saw that. Each game has had 2 or 3 tanks in it. I'm surprised today was the first I have seen it.

[quote name='sendme']Out of all my games today was the first time I ever saw that. Each game has had 2 or 3 tanks in it. I'm surprised today was the first I have seen it.[/QUOTE]

Not many people use that ability.

i find its most useful against gunner or other tanks who have deployed so that cannot see where they are firing, or on assassins so they cannot see you to grapple

I will be playing tonight with some other people, everyone should join in together.

I main tank and use the grenade heavily. When it is level 3, it is awesome. AoE stun all bots since the grenade splits and it blinds everyone too when I use it.

I

look me up man, i should be on after like 8-830CST i can run gunner with ya or be your support, hopefullly we get on a better team than last time we played. gunner i always get double guns, then slam, deploy, and grapple in that order..

Just got Monday Night Combat and am loving it so far, I'll be sure to send out some f/r's and be sure to hit me up as well. Can play anytime, so just send a game invite or message.

GT: Ironwilled

oh yeah I have a mic as well so no worries there.

I have been playing this pretty much every free moment I get since I bought it two weeks ago. Would love for there to be a CAG night set up! Willing to play either way, though!

I just made a Cag gamertage for everyone to join, find friends to play with.

Gamertag CAG MondayNight Send FR and I will add you.

[quote name='kklems']I just made a Cag gamertage for everyone to join, find friends to play with.

Gamertag CAG MondayNight Send FR and I will add you.[/QUOTE]

Is the gamertag "CAG MondayNight"? I'm not able to find it on the xbox live website.

Edit: Never mind, my inner copy editor put a space between "Monday" and "Night."

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Is the gamertag "CAG MondayNight"? I'm not able to find it on the xbox live website.

Edit: Never mind, my inner copy editor put a space between "Monday" and "Night."[/QUOTE]

Yeah ran into max characters so I bunched it together. :)

I think it would be better if we set up a night to do this as a group instead. I won't be so brash as to suggest....Monday Night, but I think this game lends itself to a once a week group meetup pretty well.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']Monday Nights around 10 PM est would be a good time to have the game nights.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me. The assassin class is really annoying. I say this because I'm constantly getting eviscerated by assassins.

Noticed a possible glitcher today. There was an assault class high above the building where we spawn just hovering and never coming down. He just sat up there and fired at the moneyball and us and when we fired back we couldn't hit him. I also saw an assassin on top of a really high scoreboard in another game but I guess they could have smoke bombed jumped and than the scoreboard held them up (and you could shot and hit them) Hope this title doesn't go the way of MW2 and the likes.

I saw a thread in the xbox.com forums for this game. It was supposedly a repost of a thread from Uber's forum. They listed a bunch of glitches they know about. That they are working on fixing them. They also mentioned they are a very small team and not to expect a patch any time soon.

Personally, I don't find anything wrong enough with the game to not make me want to play it. I've experienced a couple glitches, but it is pretty rare.

bread's done
Back