XBLA - Rez HD - 800pts

peteloaf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)

Features

Set in a cyberworld, the legendary fast-paced action-shooter Rez HD, created by Tetsuya Mizuguchi, will provide the ultimate audiovisual experience as the player targets the enemies and hacks the system while creating their own beats. Rez will open your senses … let's go to synaesthesia was the watchword when Rez released in 2001 to become a fan favorite. The dynamic, total integration of visual presentation, sound and player input provides the ultimate audiovisual experience.
  • Legendary gaming experience: Old-school vector style graphics, sensory response, and beat synchronization sets the title apart and is perfectly recreated in this port for Xbox LIVE® Arcade in high-definition and 5.1 surround sound.
  • The world of Rez: Rez consists of five different levels, each with its own unique visual theme and style, musical track and a boss battle at the end. The game also features several different modes and lots of unlockable elements, giving it plenty of replay value.
  • Game modes: Play through the five areas in regular or Score Attack mode. Go to the Beyond mode and try Direct Assault, Lost Mode, the free play Trance Mission, or take on all the bosses consecutively in Boss Rush.
  • Feel the rhythm: To further enhance the Rez experience, artists including Coldcut, Adam Freeland, Joujouka, Ken Ishii and Keiichi Sugiyama (SEGA's Wave Master) contributed tracks to the game.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/microsoft-tokyo-presser/microsofts-pre+tgs-presser-298901.php

As well as Every Extend Extra Exgtreme, Ikaruga, Trigger Heart, Exit and Omega Five

That's pretty awesome. Considering I've wanted to play Rez and Ikaruga forever, but didn't feel like paying $70 bucks for ’em, the probability that they'll come in at 800 ~ 1200 points each is pretty nice.

Sheesh, with Sin and Punishment hitting the VC, I'm going to be drowning in quality shooters all of a sudden.

Oh, and is it just me, or does Itagaki make it sound like Ninja Gaiden 2 is (at least temporarily) at 360 exclusive?

fuck yes! I'll finally be able to play it. I already own Ikaruga for GCn (never ever ever selling it) and love it. I've always wanted to play Rez, but never found it in any store, nor for a decent price. Hurray!

nice! Will pick up Rez, Ikaruga and EEE all on day 1. I really need to get the 120gb hdd because I am running out of room. I know I could just delete some demos and videos, but I like keeping them on there. The videos to show off on my TV, and the demos to mess around with on games I just want to get a quick fix for. Then of course the downloadable content for games like Gears, GRAW and R6 arent helping also because they are like 500+mbs. Then of course all these good arcade games already out and coming out.

for those thinking EEE is double dipping... the entire game is revamped and has nothing to do with the previous ones other than the core gameplay... it's almost a new game.

Wow. Definitely will be picking up Trigger Heart and Rez whenever they are released. I already have Ikaruga for GC, so I am going to skip on that.

If MS keeps releasing XBL titles like these, I might have to upgrade my HD.

Every Extend Extra Extreme, Ikaruga, Trigger Heart Exelica, and Exit are all actually old news, and Rez has been a rumor forever, but

Cool. Never played Rez and only saw Ikaruga. I hesitated buying both and couldn't find them (reasonably priced) once I decided to get them.

Looks like I'm selling off Ikaruga for cube, figure I should get the money out of it while I can. That way it will pay for the 360 version with some extra $$$ to go into my Mac fund :)

[quote name='daphatty']Cool. Never played Rez and only saw Ikaruga. I hesitated buying both and couldn't find them (reasonably priced) once I decided to get them.[/QUOTE]

"Fear is the mind killa". chuckles. ;-)

Personally I'd like a sequel to "Rez" released exclusively on XBLA. It would be the perfect low budget, high profile, low sale cultish game that would sell perfectly under the XBLA delivery system.
Now I'm just wondering where is my "Guardian Heroes" with multiplayer?! Specifically 6 player. I think that's what the Saturn version could hook up to right?

[quote name='Sarang01']Now I'm just wondering where is my "Guardian Heroes" with multiplayer?! Specifically 6 player. I think that's what the Saturn version could hook up to right?[/QUOTE]

OMFG! I totally forgot about that game! That would DESTROY games like Bomberman or Puzzle Fighter in terms of sales. I absolutely loved Guardian Heroes and would totally buy it day 1. Undead hero FTW!

yep yep, ikaruga and rez are both awesome games. we finally get a HD version, i'm glad more people can experience them now. i can't wait...

[quote name='velvet396']I'll get REZ but I don't do SHMUPS other than the free Aegis Wing. Why? It's free.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it's free for a reason....

and the reason is that it completely sucks ass. :lol:

I hope Rez is updated with newer electronic artists. the music is pretty outdated...they need to get some Fourtet, Squarepusher, Boards of Canada, maybe some ratatat, Animals on Wheels, Aphex Twin (even though his stuff is just as old as the stuff in game, haha)

Very, very cool that they're putting these out.

Nice to see something really different come to the 360.

Great news for everybody.

[quote name='Apossum']yeah, it's free for a reason....

and the reason is that it completely sucks ass. :lol:

[/quote]

I heard it is actually a lot better as a two-player co-op game. I haven't tried it as two-player though.

I think Rez will be my first XBLA purchase. I've had 1600 points sitting around here for over a year waiting for something decent.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I heard it is actually a lot better as a two-player co-op game. I haven't tried it as two-player though.[/quote]

i beat the game with 3 other guys on the hardest difficulty which was actually pretty easy. but once you're done, you're done. the bosses were pretty lame. but i digress...

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']heh, and this is why i love the arcade more than actual 360 games[/quote]

Why? You love overpaying for games that came out over 10 years ago? Way to go budday!

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Why? You love overpaying for games that came out over 10 years ago? Way to go budday![/QUOTE]

Overpaying?

Most of these are improved (either/and visuals, online, sound) from the originals.

And most games "that came out over 10 years ago" are only 400 points (5 dollars)

[quote name='Sporadic']Overpaying?

Most of these are improved (either/and visuals, online, sound) from the originals.

And most games "that came out over 10 years ago" are only 400 points (5 dollars)[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I heard it is actually a lot better as a two-player co-op game. I haven't tried it as two-player though.[/quote]

It's a lot better as a 4-person co-op game.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Why? You love overpaying for games that came out over 10 years ago? Way to go budday![/QUOTE]

Nice sarcastic ass comment except this wouldn't be overpaying. I've have recently seen Rez for Ps2 used at Gamestop for like $40. Nice try.

bread's done
Back