XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BobbyTastic']Any inklings as to the next sale's theme?[/QUOTE]
AFAIK nothing's been announced yet. Joey usually quickly updates the first post after any official announcement is made.

This thread is one of the best maintained and has some of the best users for updating info as soon as possible. The sale information isn't available for more than a few minutes before the details start getting posted in a typical week.

Believe me, I wish the info would come out sooner on a regular basis because when it is announced far enough in advanced I can sometimes convince developers to give me codes to do a timely "sale" review on my site.

I do love this thread, I need to read it more carefully though, b/c I didn't even realize Monkey Island was part of the deal... until I went in to the deal tab on the dash and looked at it.

I've never played Monkey Island before, and I love those old school point and click adventures (wish they'd do Discworld on XBL), so for $5, it was finally at the sweet spot, pricewise.

I'd like to see a deal on that Family Game Night stuff. At first I didn't care for it but now my daughter likes it and at 400 points each I might just buy out the rest of the collection.

*fingers crossed*

[quote name='ZForce915']I'd like to see a deal on that Family Game Night stuff. At first I didn't care for it but now my daughter likes it and at 400 points each I might just buy out the rest of the collection.

*fingers crossed*[/QUOTE]

At this point, I think the discs are cheaper

Family game night? You can find each game for about $5 on the 360 code trading thread, that's what I did. Great games and we just had a sonic sale awhile back. They really need to put some content that hasn't been on sale or rarely goes on sale. Such as triggerheart exelica and others.

[quote name='reddjoey']At this point, I think the discs are cheaper[/QUOTE]

Not at all. I ended up skipping the deal when the Family Game Night games were 400 msp each because I thought the same thing. But then, I discovered that Family Game Night 1 is $50 on Amazon and never sells for less than $40 on eBay. 7 games for $5 each on XBLA is a better deal.

[quote name='vamn']Not at all. I ended up skipping the deal when the Family Game Night games were 400 msp each because I thought the same thing. But then, I discovered that Family Game Night 1 is $50 on Amazon and never sells for less than $40 on eBay. 7 games for $5 each on XBLA is a better deal.[/QUOTE]

I feel like I've seen it cheaper @ BestBuy B+M, or included in some sort of bundle (not a weekly sale thing), so you might try giving that a look, YMMV.

Family Game Night deals are usually on Black Friday. At least, that is when I bought the first compilation and the times I've ever seen it. I have yet to see FGN3 on a good sale yet.

FGN1 (Battleship, Boggle, Connect 4, Scrabble, Sorry, Sorry Sliders and Yahtzee) is $24.99 Used @ GS vs 7x $5 ($35). I guess the problem is finding the disc used.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Family game night? You can find each game for about $5 on the 360 code trading thread, that's what I did. Great games and we just had a sonic sale awhile back. They really need to put some content that hasn't been on sale or rarely goes on sale. Such as triggerheart exelica and others.[/QUOTE]

I have seen many codes there, but they are the same three codes (Pictureka, Sorry Sliders and Jenga) and never the ones I need like Boggle, Battleship or Sorry. I'd gladly buy them from a CAG if they had what I needed.

[quote name='reddjoey']FGN1 (Battleship, Boggle, Connect 4, Scrabble, Sorry, Sorry Sliders and Yahtzee) is $24.99 Used @ GS vs 7x $5 ($35). I guess the problem is finding the disc used.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the rare times where I would prefer to have the game digitally. Especially since I have about 4-5 of the games already. (Of course all purchased at $5 or less)

[quote name='carldisc']According to Aceybongos, this weeks deal is "on a bunch of Bethesda content".[/QUOTE]

i would love to see the new New Vegas DLC go on sale, but I doubt it...

[quote name='intoxicated662']Family game night? You can find each game for about $5 on the 360 code trading thread, that's what I did. Great games and we just had a sonic sale awhile back. They really need to put some content that hasn't been on sale or rarely goes on sale. Such as triggerheart exelica and others.[/QUOTE]

Three of the Family Game Night games are only available on 360 through Xbox live. They were never released on disc for the 360. Each of the three games are currently 800 microsoft points.

[quote name='ZForce915']This is one of the rare times where I would prefer to have the game digitally. Especially since I have about 4-5 of the games already. (Of course all purchased at $5 or less)[/QUOTE]

I agree. I bought the discs for Family Game Night 1 and 3, but I'd rather have them digitally because the discs keep spinning even when you install them. They make my 360 sound like a jet engine taking off. I bought the discs really really cheap when gamestop.com had glitchy promo codes that all stacked along with EDGE/PUR.

Odd they'd do a Bethesda week... the second FO:NV DLC JUST came out, and the FO3 and Oblivion content has been on sale quite a few times already. Not really sure what else from Bethesda they'd do...

[quote name='vamn']Not at all. I ended up skipping the deal when the Family Game Night games were 400 msp each because I thought the same thing. But then, I discovered that Family Game Night 1 is $50 on Amazon and never sells for less than $40 on eBay. 7 games for $5 each on XBLA is a better deal.[/QUOTE]

The disc version of the game went OOP and is now harder to come by for some reason.

I lucked out and found a BIN copy for $20 (and yes, I actually have all the DLC but have this strange obsession with owning all the disc-based 360 games).

DLC is definitely the safer bet.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Isn't Doom 2 a Bethesda published game? Wouldn't be surprised to see that on sale again also.[/QUOTE]

I think all the ID stuff is now Bethesda isn't it? I forgot about that, I was thinking I knew they bought some stuff up but I couldn't remember what...

Assuming the sale will include Oblivion DLC, people should be aware that a 5th anniversary release is coming out next month for $30. It will come with the GOTY edition, collector's edition content, and a $10 coupon for Skyrim.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='louiedog']Assuming the sale will include Oblivion DLC, people should be aware that a 5th anniversary release is coming out next month for $30. It will come with the GOTY edition, collector's edition content, and a $10 coupon for Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

I might jump on that since my GOTY walked off before I played it.

[quote name='ZForce915']This is one of the rare times where I would prefer to have the game digitally.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I just bought FGN1 used @ my local gamestop for a quick 1 week test run and so far I'm really liking it. However, I think I would prefer to own them all on the Xbox without requiring the disc. Probably so because there are 2 FGNs and I would really prefer to swap between games without having to swap discs. If/when they ever go on sale again I'll most likely snag them all. $5 is fine even though I just paid $26 for 7 (~$3.71 each) for the sake of convenience.

I didn't know that FGN1 went out of production. I bought it at Best Buy for $19.99 maybe two years ago on Black Friday. Prior to that, I only had Scrabble as DLC, so obviously when it went on sale, I made sure I was there to get the disc.

I'm disappointed that they went and added three games that I truly do not want. I was close to finishing the game and now I have to decide whether I'll suffer through the last three games.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Agreed. I just bought FGN1 used @ my local gamestop for a quick 1 week test run and so far I'm really liking it. However, I think I would prefer to own them all on the Xbox without requiring the disc. Probably so because there are 2 FGNs and I would really prefer to swap between games without having to swap discs. If/when they ever go on sale again I'll most likely snag them all. $5 is fine even though I just paid $26 for 7 (~$3.71 each) for the sake of convenience.[/QUOTE]

Just a FYI - There's no such thing as swapping between discs for HFGN on the 360. The first version includes the games released on the Wii as well as Family Game Night.

There are then 3 other games which are DLC only which showed up on the disc that the Wii got as Hasbro Family Game Night 2.

Hasbro Family Game Night 3 is a stand alone game and doesn't use the same interface as the first.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Just a FYI - There's no such thing as swapping between discs for HFGN on the 360. The first version includes the games released on the Wii as well as Family Game Night.

There are then 3 other games which are DLC only which showed up on the disc that the Wii got as Hasbro Family Game Night 2.

Hasbro Family Game Night 3 is a stand alone game and doesn't use the same interface as the first.[/QUOTE]

So can I buy all the FGN (1&3) content on XBLA and play them all through the same interface then? Or is the XBLA content only FGN1 and it's DLC?

The disc swapping I meant was that of any 2 games. I can swap in Fallout when I'm done with Borderlands for example. I was not under the impression you could change out the disc and run FGN3 from within FGN1. I'm assuming there's a restart or kick out to the dashboard in between disc changes. Though I can see why you would think I thought that was possible. It sounds like something that could be done but hadn't occurred to me until you pointed it out.

Still trying to decide on Monkey Island, never played it before. I like games that make you think and with a good sense of humor, but I'm not a big fan of point and click adventure games. The only one I remember enjoying was The Secret Island of Dr. Quandary. I've read Metacritic but much prefer CAG input--anyone want to convince me?

[quote name='bsmiff']Still trying to decide on Monkey Island, never played it before. I like games that make you think and with a good sense of humor, but I'm not a big fan of point and click adventure games. The only one I remember enjoying was The Secret Island of Dr. Quandary. I've read Metacritic but much prefer CAG input--anyone want to convince me?[/QUOTE]

If your not a fan of point and click you should probably just pass on it. I enjoyed it when it originally came out years ago and bought the XBLA version when it went on sale last time. I started to play it and lost interest pretty quickly. The jokes are pretty goofy (in a good way) but the game just doesn't feel fresh today. If you don't have a love for the original you probably won't get much enjoyment out of it.

Has a sale advice question. I just played the Torchlight demo and enjoyed it a lot. I know at this point it's been out for a little while and its sequel is right around the corner in July. So I was wondering if I should hold off for a sale soon (Ala the Portal sale when Portal 2 came out) or if you think a sale is prob not anytime soon and I should just go for it.

[quote name='bsmiff']Still trying to decide on Monkey Island, never played it before. I like games that make you think and with a good sense of humor, but I'm not a big fan of point and click adventure games. The only one I remember enjoying was The Secret Island of Dr. Quandary. I've read Metacritic but much prefer CAG input--anyone want to convince me?[/QUOTE]

It's $5 for one of the best adventure games ever remastered in HD. I would suggest grabbing it. You'll end up busting it out on a rainy day and have a blast with it. It's def a point and click adventure though.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Has a sale advice question. I just played the Torchlight demo and enjoyed it a lot. I know at this point it's been out for a little while and its sequel is right around the corner in July. So I was wondering if I should hold off for a sale soon (Ala the Portal sale when Portal 2 came out) or if you think a sale is prob not anytime soon and I should just go for it.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, well Torchlight 2 comes out in July. A sale would probably knock 50% off, so just set the wait = to the price, is $7.50 off worth the 1-2 month wait?
Like, if a game-maker promised you 1-2 month early access to this game for that $7.50, would you consider it worth paying extra for it?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So can I buy all the FGN (1&3) content on XBLA and play them all through the same interface then? Or is the XBLA content only FGN1 and it's DLC?

The disc swapping I meant was that of any 2 games. I can swap in Fallout when I'm done with Borderlands for example. I was not under the impression you could change out the disc and run FGN3 from within FGN1. I'm assuming there's a restart or kick out to the dashboard in between disc changes. Though I can see why you would think I thought that was possible. It sounds like something that could be done but hadn't occurred to me until you pointed it out.[/QUOTE]

Actually FGN 3 is only available as disc. There is no XBLA version. FGN1 disc only includes 7 games, while it is actually 10 games total. So, to sum up, the first seven games of FGN1 is available disc or digital. The latter three games of FGN1 is digital only. FGN3 is disc only.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So can I buy all the FGN (1&3) content on XBLA and play them all through the same interface then? Or is the XBLA content only FGN1 and it's DLC?

The disc swapping I meant was that of any 2 games. I can swap in Fallout when I'm done with Borderlands for example. I was not under the impression you could change out the disc and run FGN3 from within FGN1. I'm assuming there's a restart or kick out to the dashboard in between disc changes. Though I can see why you would think I thought that was possible. It sounds like something that could be done but hadn't occurred to me until you pointed it out.[/QUOTE]

FGN3 is disc only and would be the equivalent of playing Fallout 3 instead of Borderlands. Content (DLC) stuff from FGN1 (the free room) cannot be accessed through this game at all.

FGN1 is DLC or Disc for the base game. 3 additional games were DLC only and a part of FGN on XBox 360 (but FGN2 content for Wii/PS2)

I think we're on the same page...

[quote name='sanger']Actually FGN 3 is only available as disc. There is no XBLA version. FGN1 disc only includes 7 games, while it is actually 10 games total. So, to sum up, the first seven games of FGN1 is available disc or digital. The latter three games of FGN1 is digital only. FGN3 is disc only.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I can certainly see based on both my post and chrono's post (and how we chose to word things) why this might be confusing.

My "no disc swapping" was more to the fact that it was not avoidable if you wanted to play the content from the first game or third. You cannot avoid it. The HFGN3 games are only tied to the disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back