XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
So with more Hasbro Games seemingly going on sale for 400 points... is it better to just get a few games from this sale or just get the retail disc? If I'm not mistaken the disc comes with 6 games correct? It's kind of hard to get for cheap but the best price I can find is $22 used. That's about $3.50 per game which is better than the current 400 point sale, but if only a few of the original six games are good, I could just get those instead of the disc and save the money.

Right now my plan is to get the disc for $22 (hopefully less) and get Pictureka, Jenga, and Connect 4X4 from this sale so that I have the whole collection, but my question is... is it worth it?

[quote name='metallicoholic']So with more Hasbro Games seemingly going on sale for 400 points... is it better to just get a few games from this sale or just get the retail disc? If I'm not mistaken the disc comes with 6 games correct? It's kind of hard to get for cheap but the best price I can find is $22 used. That's about $3.50 per game which is better than the current 400 point sale, but if only a few of the original six games are good, I could just get those instead of the disc and save the money.

Right now my plan is to get the disc for $22 (hopefully less) and get Pictureka, Jenga, and Connect 4X4 from this sale so that I have the whole collection, but my question is... is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

It's worth it if you dig classic board games. I've played a bunch with my family and I'm stoked to be able to snag all the DLC on the cheap. Imo they are all good representations of their physical counterparts. Considering you'd probably pay $10-$20 per game (for the original board games) at the store I'd say it's overall a pretty solid value. Yes someone could peek when your setting up your Battleships and yes they can see your Scrabble pieces but those are minor annoyances.

If your not sure you can download the hub and a demo for each game and then buy them piecemeal. Since these go on sale every so often (so I've heard, this is the first time I've paid attention to them) you could always buy a few that you really want now and buy some more next time they go on sale.

If you want to go the absolute cheapest route get the disc+the DLC only games (that's what I did for ~$2.50/game by getting the disc). I'd wager these games will NEVER go below 400 points each and that's easily beatable by the disc.

I'm a little bleak that I bought Half Minute Hero the day it came out instead of waiting a few days so I could use it towards the July rebate, especially seeing as I haven't even fired it up yet.

I'm probably buying W40K: Kill Team (that's still coming out in July, right?), but I'm not too keen to buy too much else unless it's on Deal of the Week because I have such a backlog of games it might be months before I get around to playing some of them. I'm sure I'll find something else during the month for 800MSP or more. Maybe From Dust or Bastion, both look awesome (but will probably both have gone on sale by the time I get around to them).

Just talked with microsoft support and for the july promo, torchlight will not be eligible. Any game that is on sale will not qualify. It has to be regular priced games 800 and up.

So if a game is 1200 and is on sale for 800. It WILL not qualify.

Just to give a BIG heads up out there

And you can use this offer as many times as you wish. Ex. If you want to buy six games at 800 you will recieve 600msp back.

[quote name='Bradisback']Just talked with microsoft support and for the july promo, torchlight will not be eligible. Any game that is on sale will not qualify. It has to be regular priced games 800 and up.

And you can use this offer as many times as you wish. Ex. If you want to buy six games at 800 you will recieve 600msp back.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I have less of an incentive to pick up Torchlight and Gatling Gears now. I'll save my points for something else.

[quote name='Bradisback']Just talked with microsoft support and for the july promo, torchlight will not be eligible. Any game that is on sale will not qualify. It has to be regular priced games 800 and up.

And you can use this offer as many times as you wish. Ex. If you want to buy six games at 800 you will recieve 600msp back.[/QUOTE]

.... lol you actually believe what phone support told you.
"Dirka dirka sir." Ask twitter support if anything, I don't see why it wouldn't count if it costs 800 or more..... but you never know with microsoft.

Didn't they say the same thing about Super Meat Boy not working with last year's buy 2400 get 800 back promo? They don't know what they're talking about. There's no reason it shouldn't work.

[quote name='clickpow'].... lol you actually believe what phone support told you.
"Dirka dirka sir." Ask twitter support if anything, I don't see why it wouldn't count if it costs 800 or more..... but you never know with microsoft.[/QUOTE]

I didnt say I called anyone,, you ever play jump to conclusions. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

To find this answer I asked three sources,phone support, online support and twitter. Or if you dont believe me just try and see if it works. I am getting torchlight regardless.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Didn't they say the same thing about Super Meat Boy not working with last year's buy 2400 get 800 back promo? They don't know what they're talking about. There's no reason it shouldn't work.[/QUOTE]

Based off of what happened with the promotion doodofdoods posted, I assumed you called india. Also there is no reason why it shouldn't work
if the arcade game is 800ms points +.

[quote name='clickpow']Based off of what happened with the promotion doodofdoods posted, I assumed you called india. Also there is no reason why it shouldn't work
if the arcade game is 800ms points +.[/QUOTE]

Doesnt make sence to me either, but this is microsoft we are dealing w here. Lol

[quote name='ooga']So much for TMNT Reshelled not being available after the end of June. Marketing ploy?[/QUOTE]

Considering it's gone off the PSN I'd wager the sale is the only thing keeping it on XBLA atm. Once the sale is over it'll probably be gone forever.

[quote name='ooga']So much for TMNT Reshelled not being available after the end of June. Marketing ploy?[/QUOTE]

Man, people always jump to the conspiracy huh? It's probably more like Netflix. Sometimes you get a notice that something is about to go off streaming, often it does, but at times it stays around. This is usually due to Netflix acquiring the rights and licenses that it was about to lose in order to keep the content available.

Perhaps they announce the date in the first place to see if they get feedback on whether people are going to be angry that the content is gone before they bother paying any additional licensing fees.

I bought Hard Corps Uprising because I was waiting for it to go on sale and I've always loved Contra. The music is awesome(thank, AkSys games!).

One thing I recommend - BUY Sayuri from the marketplace. She literally makes the game play like Stryder(minus all the backflip and rebound jumps though) and that's awesome because Capcom is too lazy to make or give us a port of the originals. I haven't bought he other characters yet, but I can't imagine them being as fun as Sayuri.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ej1EleGKB8Y

[quote name='Donnums']I bought Hard Corps Uprising because I was waiting for it to go on sale and I've always loved Contra. The music is awesome(thank, AkSys games!).[/QUOTE]
Arc System was the dev. Aksys is a publisher. ;)
[quote name='Donnums']
One thing I recommend - BUY Sayuri from the marketplace. She literally makes the game play like Stryder(minus all the backflip and rebound jumps though) and that's awesome because Capcom is too lazy to make or give us a port of the originals. I haven't bought he other characters yet, but I can't imagine them being as fun as Sayuri.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ej1EleGKB8Y[/QUOTE]

Hmm, interesting. I'm always down for some Strider gameplay. I think I'll pick up that DLC, thanks.

I get the opposite answer from Xbox support:

loser_geek Joshua Dancer
@XboxSupport Is the Rewards offer for 200msp back on a purchase of 2 XBLA games at 800msp and up valid if the games purchased are on sale?

XboxSupport Xbox Support
@loser_geek to receive the 200MSP back, each purchased Arcade game will need to be 800MSP+ ^KN

loser_geek Joshua Dancer
@XboxSupport But is it ok if they're on sale? Like if I buy Torchlight when it's on sale next week for 800msp, does that count?

XboxSupport Xbox Support
@loser_geek From what I'm seeing, that should be fine.^JC

loser_geek Joshua Dancer
@XboxSupport Can I quote you on that? ;)

XboxSupport Xbox Support
@loser_geek Certainly. Usually if it won't work there will be the asterisk that says not to be combined with other offers.^JC

So I think the official answer is that no one has any idea how the promotion is supposed to work.

I thought about getting Torchlight but ended getting Connect 4, since Connect 4 I guess is not really a time consuming game. It's just I downloaded so many games from these deals that my game catalog has been backed up and I haven't even played the majority of them yet lol. I know I'm not the only one. Might get Torchlight before the deal ends though, doh!

Because of the confusion on Torchlight I think I'll pick 2 super old games that will probably never drop in price instead. Seems like a good time to snag a couple shmups. Which 2 are the best on XBLA atm? When is Radiant Silvergun coming out for that matter?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Because of the confusion on Torchlight I think I'll pick 2 super old games that will probably never drop in price instead. Seems like a good time to snag a couple shmups. Which 2 are the best on XBLA atm? When is Radiant Silvergun coming out for that matter?[/QUOTE]

Guwange is my favorite of the xbla shumps. Ikaruga might go on sale when Radiant Silvergun comes out, I have no idea when it is comming out though.

[quote name='D0RC']I thought about getting Torchlight but ended getting Connect 4, since Connect 4 I guess is not really a time consuming game. It's just I downloaded so many games from these deals that my game catalog has been backed up and I haven't even played the majority of them yet lol. I know I'm not the only one. Might get Torchlight before the deal ends though, doh![/QUOTE]

You should absolutely pick up Torchlight before the sell is over with, absolutely worth it, especially if you are a fan of hack-n-slash games like Diablo.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Because of the confusion on Torchlight I think I'll pick 2 super old games that will probably never drop in price instead. Seems like a good time to snag a couple shmups. Which 2 are the best on XBLA atm? When is Radiant Silvergun coming out for that matter?[/QUOTE]

It's not a traditional schmup, but Galaga Legions is pretty awesome.

This is what im doing I bought 6 800 point games that i dont think will go down anytime soon(watch me be wrong lol).

Plus I dont buy ms points at retail so getting 25% off the top of each game then 200 back for each two.

Only problem is I have over 135 arcade games now. I need to slow down but I pick up points at a really good price cuz paying full price is for suckers lol or non CAGs

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']It's not a traditional schmup, but Galaga Legions is pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

Galaga Legions is amazing and I have the cube version of Ikaruga. I want the new GL DX but it seems like they dumbed it way down based on the demo.

Guwange is definitely at the top of my list atm.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']
Guwange is definitely at the top of my list atm.[/QUOTE]

I will most likely be picking up Guwange and Ikaruga to qualify for the 200 point bonus. Unless any new releases pop up that I want.

Still no release date for Guardian Heroes, but I've seen a ton of gameplay footage so it has to be close to release. They are keeping quiet about RS. Haven't heard a peep since it was announced.

Usually when I buy old stuff for full price, it's a DotW within a month lol.

I gotta give a shout out to Trouble Witches Neo! 800 points and its an awesome shmup.

Outland is another good game that qualifies for the promotion. Bangai-O HD too ;)

Outland is a great choice for sure but I get the feeling I can get it for 400 by year end. Not that it isn't worth every point that game seemed like an arcade goty contender just from the demo.

Trouble Witches Neo also seems like a good choice.

Ok i actually talked to ms support that was actually worth a shit. Torchlight will be available for the promo. Any 800msp and above game is eligible.

And to my dismay the promo can only be used once. So you cant buy 4 games and get 400 msp.

I was really gonna go apeshit tonight on games if i could have used that promo.

So there is NO MORE confusion on the matter.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Outland is a great choice for sure but I get the feeling I can get it for 400 by year end. Not that it isn't worth every point that game seemed like an arcade goty contender just from the demo.

[/QUOTE]

Same here, I have waited this long already and I feel this game is guaranteed to go on sale for how well it has been received.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']It seems to still be TBA.[/QUOTE]

I find it funny it still isn't out yet. They released the achievement list and there was speculation it would be out in june.

[quote name='Ray5555']I find it funny it still isn't out yet. They released the achievement list and there was speculation it would be out in june.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it'll come out in July then. Guess I'll wait until the end of the month to see if it shows up before I settle on my two 800+ point games. If not I think I'm going to go with 2 of these 3:

Guwange
Trouble Witches Neo
Strania

that's an excellent deal. too bad my computer won't run anything made after 1998 :whistle2:/

Im trying to decide on my two 800 point games. looking at triggerheart, trouble witches, half-minute hero, bangai-o and a few others. decisions, decisions...

[quote name='Kismayaz']that's an excellent deal. too bad my computer won't run anything made after 1998 :whistle2:/

Im trying to decide on my two 800 point games. looking at triggerheart, trouble witches, half-minute hero, bangai-o and a few others. decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

I would check your specs against Torchlight's requirements. It plays on very low end systems and even has a netbook mode.

I have been having a blast with Hard Corps: Uprising; though some of the Arcade mode achievements are going to prove to be quite difficult..

^you've got to be kidding me. Wait a lifetime then. I'm feeling regret on having purchased hard corps now but oh well. Guess I'll get torchlight and a shmup game.

[quote name='intoxicated662']^you've got to be kidding me. Wait a lifetime then. I'm feeling regret on having purchased hard corps now but oh well. Guess I'll get torchlight and a shmup game.[/QUOTE]

how am I kidding? I would love to see older titles get disocunts. Metal SLug is great but overpriced at $10, while on the other hand soul caliber is a classic and 10 is fair but a discount permanently or a dotw would be great.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']how am I kidding? I would love to see older titles get disocunts. Metal SLug is great but overpriced at $10, while on the other hand soul caliber is a classic and 10 is fair but a discount permanently or a dotw would be great.[/QUOTE]

disocunts? This will NEVER happen, both games would have to be rated AO.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']forgive me but what does AO mean?[/QUOTE]

AO is the rating for Adult's Only, but it doesn't make sense when he said it anyway, unless there is some other AO that I do not know of.

[quote name='Kaltic']AO is the rating for Adult's Only, but it doesn't make sense when he said it anyway, unless there is some other AO that I do not know of.[/QUOTE]

your right. WHat arcade game is rated AO. I would love to see a dotw based on fighters. Soul Caliber, MVC 2, KOF, and other great fighting games could go on sale. I would jump all over that.:bouncy:

[quote name='Kaltic']AO is the rating for Adult's Only, but it doesn't make sense when he said it anyway, unless there is some other AO that I do not know of.[/QUOTE]
There's a typo on discounts...

I'm ready for pinball, I really like the Fantastic Four table and now I want the Marvel pack and PFX2 Basic 4-pack.

That would be a smooth 1600 - 200 = 1400

I would MUCH rather prefer to see PBFX2 just go on sale already, but IIRC it's never gone on sale since the inception of 2. Any thoughts/suggestions? I'm already buying a 1600 point card to cover it regardless.

[quote name='Kerig']I'm ready for pinball, I really like the Fantastic Four table and now I want the Marvel pack and PFX2 Basic 4-pack.

That would be a smooth 1600 - 200 = 1400

I would MUCH rather prefer to see PBFX2 just go on sale already, but IIRC it's never gone on sale since the inception of 2. Any thoughts/suggestions? I'm already buying a 1600 point card to cover it regardless.[/QUOTE]

Get them! You won't regret it...

My fav XBLA title :D

Make sure you get the FX2 Core pack and not the Classics. FX2 Core is much better... Pasha, SotD, Rome, and Biolab...

[quote name='clickpow'].... lol you actually believe what phone support told you.
"Dirka dirka sir." Ask twitter support if anything, I don't see why it wouldn't count if it costs 800 or more..... but you never know with microsoft.[/QUOTE]

Lol. I had to comment, only because the "dirka dirka". It is just funny to read someone else use that... Team America Right.

Btw. It only makes sense the 800pts on any game will work, including torchlight. I remember past things like this and it didn't matter if they were on sale or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back