XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
ilomilo is good, but I found it got really hard. But then, puzzle games aren't my strong suit.

I liked Gyromancer. It's got a similar vibe to Puzzle Quest.

Iloilo is a great game. Very quirky ,but fun. Bejeweled blitz is a waste of points, even if it's only 200.

So is portal:still alive the same as the regular portal? I have the orange box for both 360 & PC but haven't had time to check it out.

[quote name='ooga']Iloilo is a great game. Very quirky ,but fun. Bejeweled blitz is a waste of points, even if it's only 200.

So is portal:still alive the same as the regular portal? I have the orange box for both 360 & PC but haven't had time to check it out.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, and was content with my cheap copy of the Orange Box (thank god it's got other games on it) and was wondering why they would sell Portal separately for $15 with people eating it up UNTIL I found out:

Portal: Still Alive was announced as an exclusive Xbox Live Arcade game at the 2008 E3 convention, and was released on October 22, 2008.It features the original game, 14 new challenges, and new achievements. The additional content was based on levels from the map pack "Portal: The Flash Version" created by We Create Stuff and contains no additional story-related levels.

^ I loved the Flash version, and as soon as I pick up a points card, I'm getting the XBLA version this week.

Here's the Flash version: http://portal.wecreatestuff.com/portal.php

Valve can be so cool sometimes, importing user-created levels like that.

Even though we're not seeing anything on sale from Capcom this week, this sale is still decent, especially if you're like me and have missed Portal: SA every single one of the million times it's on sale. Might pick up ilomilo. Have to check out Gyromancer too, but I think I've played enough Bejeweled to not care about a Blitz version.

[quote name='Coltin']Deal of the Week is live now:

Gyromancer - 600
Portal: Still Alive - 600
Bejeweled Blitz LIVE - 200
ilomilo - 400

Anyone play ilomilo? It looks interesting[/QUOTE]

Already have all of these, since they've already all been on sale before. My own personal opinions:

Gyromancer: Terrible. Much prefer puzzle quest. Part of that is that I prefer Bejeweled over Bejeweled Twist, but also Gyromancer just feels like a cheap flash game.

Portal: Awesome at any price. Worth playing even if you have the Orange Box.

Bejeweled Blitz Live: I got if for 160 MSP, and that's around the right price. Decent enjoyment, but you could also just play the Facebook version for free (Facebook doesn't have twist though).

Ilomilo - Difficult until you get your brain in the right frame of mind, after that it can be pretty enjoyable. If you're not a puzzle person, you may find it boring though.

Yeah, I'm probably in for Portal Still Alive. I played it through on my Mac, but wouldn't mind doing it again for achievements. Are the extra levels something different from what is in the PC/Mac version, or are they the same challenge levels?

[quote name='crunchewy']Yeah, I'm probably in for Portal Still Alive. I played it through on my Mac, but wouldn't mind doing it again for achievements. Are the extra levels something different from what is in the PC/Mac version, or are they the same challenge levels?[/QUOTE]

Since the XBLA version came out in October '08 (the PC version being a stand-alone title coming out the previous May) I doubt it.

Edit: Apparently, there was a mappack made for Portal with the levels, if that's what you mean.

-> Many of the levels in this map pack have been incorporated into the standalone Xbox Live Arcade game Portal: Still Alive.

It's a shame the DLC for GoW2 is finally on sale just as the sequel hits! It would have been great last week, because some of those extra maps would have been great for the XP events.

[quote name='Baldur']It's a shame the DLC for GoW2 is finally on sale just as the sequel hits! It would have been great last week, because some of those extra maps would have been great for the XP events.[/QUOTE]

It was on sale throughout last week, though. ;)

Already got Portal when it was on sale for $5 last year (Black Friday, I think). I might get Bejeweled Blitz. Wasn't it originally $10, then it had the price drop to $5?

Meh, these have already been a DotW before. None that tickle my fancy since I have most of em and I got swindled into getting Bejeweled Blitz for 200 msp since it was so cheap and I was starving for arcade games. Guess I learned my lesson.
[quote name='Zonic505'])I might get Bejeweled Blitz. Wasn't it originally $10, then it had the price drop to $5?[/QUOTE]
Yup. As in, the price was just dropped the month of August if I remember correctly

[quote name='Coltin']Anyone play ilomilo? It looks interesting[/QUOTE]

I played through the entire game coop with my sister-in-law. If you have someone you can play through it with then most definitely get it. We had an absolute blast playing it together.

It's worth mentioning that Portal is free on Steam right now. It's PC/Mac. The sale ends 9/20 but I can't find an exact time anywhere of when it expires.

[quote name='louiedog']It's worth mentioning that Portal is free on Steam right now. It's PC/Mac. The sale ends 9/20 but I can't find an exact time anywhere of when it expires.[/QUOTE]

The computer versions also have the mappacks for it. Like the one containing challenge levels based on the Flash Version's, and another containing what's called "Portal Prelude".

I currently don't have a computer (that's working) powerful enough to run it, is there any way I could just get Portal, just to have it until I have a computer to run it? Almost forgot about the TF2 promo, is that still in effect?

Next week's DotW

Sword & Sorcery - September 27–Oct. 3
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off - Metacritic - Quick Look

[quote name='BobbyTastic']The computer versions also have the mappacks for it. Like the one containing challenge levels based on the Flash Version's, and another containing what's called "Portal Prelude".

I currently don't have a computer (that's working) powerful enough to run it, is there any way I could just get Portal, just to have it until I have a computer to run it? Almost forgot about the TF2 promo, is that still in effect?[/QUOTE]

Just download steam, hit the install button for Portal and then cancel the download. It should be tied to your account forever.

[quote name='louiedog']Next week's DotW
Sword & Sorcery
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes September 27–Oct. 3 800 (33% off)
Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale September 27–Oct. 3 800 (33% off)

Just download steam, hit the install button for Portal and then cancel the download. It should be tied to your account forever.[/QUOTE]

That easy? Please don't tell me I missed out on a million other free Steam goodies.

Also, I hope next week's sale has more than that. ^ Many others may be happy with that, but neither of those games seems like my thing. That, and I heard Daggerdale was pretty bleh.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']That easy? Please don't tell me I missed out on a million other free Steam goodies.
[/QUOTE]

I can't think of any other limited time Steam freebies. Portal was free once before, but since it's free now the point is moot. Games that are always free, like free-to-play games or Alien Swarm, won't actually stay in your Steam library unless they're currently installed, so there's no point in adding them.

Aww, Daggerdale's not very good and I'd prefer a lower price on Clash of Heroes. At least they're games that haven't been on sale lately...

Clash of Heroes is pretty good, especially if you have some cool online friends who got it or willing to get it.

Its a twisty cool mix between strategy, rpg, and puzzle. Good for both competitive players and casual ones I've noticed.

The Single play mode is pretty long for an arcade title, and I find its story simple but charming with its pictures and characters. I think getting that game for just 10 dollars is a really great price, because I did not regret paying for full price.

Although the announced DLC is disappointing, I'm still going to get it to support the developers. I really hope they work on a sequel.

[quote name='louiedog']I can't think of any other limited time Steam freebies. Portal was free once before, but since it's free now the point is moot. Games that are always free, like free-to-play games or Alien Swarm, won't actually stay in your Steam library unless they're currently installed, so there's no point in adding them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Got Portal on my Library now, haven't used Steam in centuries, so it's nice to see all the contents from my CS:S bundle are there as well.

Do NOT buy D&D: Disappointment.

It's raddled with bugs, and was bad enough that 90%+ of the team was fired after releasing it. There is no patch incoming to fix the game.

Buyer beware. It's a total PoS. Not worth 120 points.

[quote name='Solder']Do NOT buy D&D: Disappointment.

It's raddled with bugs, and was bad enough that 90%+ of the team was fired after releasing it. There is no patch incoming to fix the game.

Buyer beware. It's a total PoS. Not worth 120 points.[/QUOTE]

Yeah ... it is the buggiest game I have ever played. They released a premium theme a week or two ago but have not patched the game. Nor do I believe it will be patched.

If it was to be patched, I could see 800 points as being a good deal but it is rough. I bought it on release day to play with my daughter. Based only on gameplay video. Mistake. Never did it before, will never do it again.

For those that will ask ... List of issues I have personally encountered -

-At times, inability to talk to vendors.
-Vendors not showing items.
-Getting stuck in the enviorment.
-Enemies falling through the map and still casting spell from an unattackable zone.
-Doors unable to be opened.
-Quest givers dissappearing. Making you unable to complete quests.
And many more.

It really bothers me how buggy this game is and that it is now being put on sale. It should truly be taken off the marketplace and those who purchased it, should be refunded. The premium theme being released after the game has been out for so long without a patch is another big slap in the face.

[quote name='Narsis84']Yeah ... it is the buggiest game I have ever played. They released a premium theme a week or two ago but have not patched the game. Nor do I believe it will be patched.

If it was to be patched, I could see 800 points as being a good deal but it is rough. I bought it on release day to play with my daughter. Based only on gameplay video. Mistake. Never did it before, will never do it again.

For those that will ask ... List of issues I have personally encountered -

-At times, inability to talk to vendors.
-Vendors not showing items.
-Getting stuck in the enviorment.
-Enemies falling through the map and still casting spell from an unattackable zone.
-Doors unable to be opened.
-Quest givers dissappearing. Making you unable to complete quests.
And many more.

It really bothers me how buggy this game is and that it is now being put on sale. It should truly be taken off the marketplace and those who purchased it, should be refunded. The premium theme being released after the game has been out for so long without a patch is another big slap in the face.[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is depressing. Thanks for the heads up. Now I'm really torn.

The completionist in me says to get it anyway, but the rational me says "why?!?!"

[quote name='Solder']Do NOT buy D&D: Disappointment.

Buyer beware. It's a total PoS. Not worth 120 points.[/QUOTE]

Around forums for the game people have literally been able to get their points back for purchasing the game because it is such a mess and the company publicly went completely under without a patch submitted for approval.

I can't believe microsoft would even put it on sale. Most of the people on the game's official forum asked for the game to be pulled from the marketplace because it is so broken. You can literally lose all your progress, pretty much at random, according to most people that have played it.

ilomilo is a really charming little game, and it's great if you want to play a puzzle game with someone. Well worth 400 MSP.

I'm pleased to see Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes going on sale next week, but I was hoping for 600 MSP. I've still got such a backlog, I'll keep waiting.

It's not even that the sale is that bad this week as that I'm burned out from misinformation. First, major nelson misses the Guardian Heroes date by over a month. Than this capcom site gets me pumped for half priced magic sword and it doesn't show up. Than over at the PSN announcement they put up chrono trigger/ FFVI as being released and then say it was a mistake.

[quote name='biledriver']Around forums for the game people have literally been able to get their points back for purchasing the game because it is such a mess and the company publicly went completely under without a patch submitted for approval.

I can't believe microsoft would even put it on sale. Most of the people on the game's official forum asked for the game to be pulled from the marketplace because it is so broken. You can literally lose all your progress, pretty much at random, according to most people that have played it.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get my money back on this. You have to call and be persistent on the phone with microsoft. Honestly, the fact that this company lost an official sale was FAR more important to me than the 15 bucks.

Some people get through the game fine, while a majority will lose their equipment and skills randomly. It's true garbage, making money off the Dungeons and Dragons name alone.

It's hard to wish unemployment on anyone currently, but if any team deserved it, it was the fuckers that released Daggerfall.

They've banned anyone who brings up refunds or contacting the BBB on their facebook page, and are releasing avatar outfits instead of fixing their game. Irreparable harm to the company name in the eyes of this consumer.

Again, Buyer Beware.

All this Daggerdale sucks talk seems like a good time to remind people not to buy any of these $10-$15 Atari downloadable games.

Look at their track record. They published Star Raiders, Yars' Revenge, Warlords, Ghostbuster: Sanctum of Slime, Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale, The Undergarden, Haunted House, and Blade Kitten.

A couple of them were okay, but most of those are just terrible and none were great. Most seemed like they needed quite a bit more development time. I'm guessing Atari stopped funding long before any of the devs would have liked.

I got through Daggerdale and thought it was OK. Its not as good as Torchlight if you are looking for something in a similar vein. I'm getting Portal. My wife cashed in some reward points to get me a copy of Portal 2 and I wanted to play the 1st one. I kinda want to go ahead and get Gyromancer, but I need to save 800 points for Guardian Heroes. They say that a squeal depends on sales of the 1st on XBLA/PSN. So it's a day one for me. Considering what it would take for me to require it for Saturn, I'll consider it a steal.

Is it just me or did anyone else see the updated OP and think that Sword & Sworcery was getting ported to XBLA.

With all the bad reviews and general negative comments from the community (plus the demo was bad imo) I'm really surprised D&D hasn't perma-dropped to 800 with a 400 point sale or lower. No way it's worth 800.

[quote name='rbarba4']Is it just me or did anyone else see the updated OP and think that Sword & Sworcery was getting ported to XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Blame MajorNelson/Xbox Marketing

I can't recommend clash of heroes enough. I got it for free during the period where ms accidentally credited everyone too many ms points. After playing it I can say it's easily something I would have paid the full 1200 for.

yeah, clash of heroes is pretty awesome. I have no regrets paying 1200 ms points forf it when it came out.

in other news: Nightmare Before Christmas avatar marketplace sounds pretty cool...as for D&D Daggerdale avatar market? why...seriously...why

CRAP! I was planning on buying the All Front GoW Pack for 400 pts after work today, but it looks like it just went back up to 800...

Anyone have a code they want to sell?

Argh...

[quote name='CCCHeel']CRAP! I was planning on buying the All Front GoW Pack for 400 pts after work today, but it looks like it just went back up to 800...

Anyone have a code they want to sell?

Argh...[/QUOTE]

i have one.

[quote name='reddjoey']Weird, it was 400 about an hour ago[/QUOTE]

maybe they're trying to get some of those space bucks back they lost when they got...hazed.

[quote name='100xp']maybe they're trying to get some of those space bucks back they lost when they got...hazed.[/QUOTE]
Har har. I see what you did there!

Seriously, I missed that hazing by 5 minutes. Totally bummed, but it's only skins anyway

[quote name='Coltin']I think I'll pick up ilomilo based on everyone's recommendations. Thanks for the responses![/QUOTE]

I did the same ;)

I wish the DLC was on sale as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back