XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
DONT get Daggerdale. I played the game thru with a friend and it was trash. Only reason we played it once was because it had couch coop. The combat is super buggy (especially the Cleric's heal), the game is super repetitive, the levels are all just caves (boring), and the number of different enemies is pitiful. Play Arkadian Warriors or Crimson Alliance before Daggerdale (for coop) or Torchlight for singleplayer.

Daggerdale should be avoided at all costs!

[quote name='rbarba4']Is it just me or did anyone else see the updated OP and think that Sword & Sworcery was getting ported to XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Haha I thought that immediately. I was totally blown away by that, but then thoroughly confused and then disappointed when I saw otherwise.

[quote name='Darknuke']Haha I thought that immediately. I was totally blown away by that, but then thoroughly confused and then disappointed when I saw otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I was the opposite, blown away and beside myself that that turd got that much attention. Relieved when it wasn't.

FYI: I used a 1 month gold card I had in order to get Ilomilo for 400 MSP. After doing so, an offer showed up on my dashboard, $1 to renew one more month. Of course you have to cancel autorenew after that.

looks like my Xbox live is up. I guess I will be spending $50 on amazon soon since I don't want to miss the Battlefield 3 beta coming in 9 days...

Loved Clash of Heroes on the DS, would bite if it was 600 points or less.

I really want a Fallout NV 1/2 off expansion sale, I need them last 3 DLC!!

[quote name='biledriver']capcom gets me pumped for half priced magic sword and it doesn't show up.[/QUOTE]

So I guess I'm not the only one who considers that release to be Magic Sword + Bonus Final Fight? I was getting worried when every other post was "Final Fight and some other game..."

I used to love Magic Sword in the arcade, it was as much fun as Rastan. This whole Capcom sale is confusing. I'm still not sure if I can get Magic Sword for 400 or not...

I never skip out on arcade games on sale (except Death Tank... oops :( ), but I think I am going to have to opt out of Daggerdale. I'd only bite at 400 or if they somehow squeezed out a patch. Sounds like a major FUBAR release.

How does anyone have time for these games after gears 3, lol? Anyways, ilomilo is great fun even single player because basically you are just controlling both characters yourself. Also, I have the orange box on 360 and portal 2 on ps3 and just wondering if portal still alive will be coming to the PSN anytime in the future?

[quote name='sp8001']I did the same ;)

I wish the DLC was on sale as well...[/QUOTE]

I picked up ilomilo during the last sale. Great game! i waited for months to see if the dlc would go on sale, but as history has shown dlc is rarely on sale when it comes to arcade titles. Now if it is GOW, CoD, Rockstar titles, or Battlefield the DLC will be on sale at some point. That beings said the dlc for ilomilo is 240ms points, and in my opinion well worth the few dollars. Great addition and the levels are well done.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I never skip out on arcade games on sale (except Death Tank... oops :( ), but I think I am going to have to opt out of Daggerdale. I'd only bite at 400 or if they somehow squeezed out a patch. Sounds like a major FUBAR release.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just went to metacritic and it looked like it took a beating. Now typically I don't take reviews all that seriously as there are MANY games that have a 60 or less on metacritic that I absolutley love. Kind of like movies, most of my favorite movies are reviewed poorly. But, for some reason I believe the reviewers on this game. Anyone own Daggerdale that can recommend? The other title, Clash of Hereos, appears fun. I will probably bite on that one.

Yeah, I don't think there is much of a chance for the ilomilo dlc to go on sale. I myself grabbed it last month to get credit for the rewards program's August promotion.

[quote name='stoned99']I was going to pass on Burnout crash until I just saw the HasselHoff commercial for it. Didn't realize this was also a kinect release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCcqTF4c83M&feature=player_embedded[/QUOTE]

ROFLCOPTER=in full effect.

I hadn't laughed so much and been excited for a game after it's trailer, good day sunshine. Looks like fun and yeah, you can use Kinect so i'll probably get it. For laughs and giggles if anything else :bouncy:

Hmm, I wasn't going to get it. And now that I know it supports Kinect, I won't get it for sure. The faster this thing dies, the quicker they can get back to making good games again.

[quote name='dragonjud']Hmm, I wasn't going to get it. And now that I know it supports Kinect, I won't get it for sure. The faster this thing dies, the quicker they can get back to making good games again.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, that's not going to happen. And it doesn't require the Kinect, genius.

[quote name='imretarded']This looks PERFECT for me, because I usually play Kinect while drunk and sprawled on the floor eating a hamburger.[/QUOTE]

hi 5

From what I've seen of how the Kinect actually controls the Burnout CRASH, the Kinect aspect seems tacked-on.

Honestly, I was against the game at first, because I just wanted a game filled with the almost puzzle-esque Crash Modes from the main games (Paradise excluded), and they somehow managed to screw that up by making it this top-down cartoony thing...but the demo was so surprisingly entertaining for what it is, it might actually have won me over. Yeah, it's not the game I wanted, but if I just pretend it doesn't have the Burnout name, its a really fun mini-game for people who love destruction.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Has dlc for NFS: hot pursuit gone on sale before? Any impressions? I will be getting the game theough goozex soon.[/QUOTE]

I know that the Super Sports Pack has been, because I bought it. I don't remember what the discount was, but I think it was 50%. There's nothing new in it, just more events. It does have achievements, though, if you're into that (I certainly am).

[quote name='dragonjud']Hmm, I wasn't going to get it. And now that I know it supports Kinect, I won't get it for sure. The faster this thing dies, the quicker they can get back to making good games again.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to use kinect. Also, you realize other people have a right to enjoy games you may not like?? Plus there are plenty of "good" games being made. I just bought 4 this last week. Thank goodness for "great" games being made..still.

opinions are like aholes, everyone has one.

Anyone have an idea as to when NBA Jam: On Fire edition drops in October? I figured it would be Oct. 5 to coincide with NBA 2K12's release but I figured we'd have heard by now if that was the case.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']opinions are like aholes, everyone has one.[/QUOTE]

and many of them are full of shit. (that's not directed at you.)

[quote name='nCogNeato']Not to throw this topic off-topic (again), can anyone link me to an explanation of the differences between the downloadable "On Fire Edition" and the retail version? I've searched but can't get a clear description.[/QUOTE]

One of them is on fire, lol. I'd bet that the only real difference is the rosters and some new game modes

[quote name='nCogNeato']Not to throw this topic off-topic (again), can anyone link me to an explanation of the differences between the downloadable "On Fire Edition" and the retail version? I've searched but can't get a clear description.[/QUOTE]

From what ive heard the ON FIRE EDITION will have roster updates, more players, different modes, updated AI. You can control both characters i think now....

NBA JAM for XBLA will be the first game I buy for full retail value since Limbo, I believe. I very rarely buy games at full price, but this seems very much worth it. It's so packed with content.

As for what's new, check out the trailer

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOUWmyHOusU[/youtube]

NBA JAM for XBLA will be the first game I buy for full retail value since Limbo, I believe. I very rarely buy games at full price, but this seems very much worth it. It's so packed with content.

As for what's new, check out the trailer

[youtube]YOUWmyHOusU[/youtube]

So I ended up biting on Crimson Alliance. Played it all day yesterday with my brother and sister-in-law. We had a blast. If you can find a coop partner this game is well worth the asking price if you are a Diablo fan. Definitely wetted my appetite for DIII.

Yes the game is short but has pretty solid replay value. We played every level 1-4 times before moving on to the next (we wanted to find all the secrets before moving on).

I am suspicious that there will be additional level-packs or possibly even new character types coming down the pike. I hope they do, but at a better price. Obviously any new characters will be another $10 but I would hope additional level-packs will be more like $5.

Being able to switch chars in 1P mode in NBA Jam is great but this release does look like it was largely subsidized by already coming out as a full price product and then getting an update.

NBA Jam for the console release was full of a lot of dumb gimmicks in addition to the main campaign. Ridiculous boss battles and crummy minigames. On the plus side, the list of unlockable b-ballers, cheats, etc was enormous.

I ended up tossing it though. Rubber-band AI was absolutely galling and the stealing/ball defense mechanics were all over the place. I could never grasp how one or the other worked.

Complete with an Iphone port and then back to XBLA, this game has made the rounds. Behold the unending power of nostalgia, especially considering how much it rolls back since the N64 NBA Jam. Still, the quality of the XBLA release will depend on how much stuff they fix in the new one they SHOULD have fixed in the tepid console release. The trailer talks a big game, but that's what they do.

And... you... PAID FOR LIMBO?! AHGHGFJGDJGBNGJDHFHSNHJAN

[quote name='harry hood']Yea I paid for Limbo. It was my cup of tea and I absolutely loved it.[/QUOTE]

Limbo is a great game. I haven't attempted to beat it w/out dieing yet. So...painful..

when Crimson Alliance drops by 50% I'll get it, orcs must die and dungeon defeners is just around the corner and I have a feeling one of those two games will be a lot fun.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Limbo is a great game. I haven't attempted to beat it w/out dieing yet. So...painful..[/QUOTE]
Well, and so not what the game was designed for. The developers describe it as "trial and death" gameplay, so a no-death run is really just a matter of memorizing the locations of all the hidden bear traps and such. Much as I enjoyed the game, I'll pass on that particular time-sink, thanks.

I can't believe it's September and we still haven't seen a single sale for Beyond Good and Evil HD. I am guessing it is coming any week now.

I can't believe there's yet to be a sale on Full House Poker. I already have the game, but I have friends I want to play against who are waiting for the sale.

[quote name='chopper']I can't believe it's September and we still haven't seen a single sale for Beyond Good and Evil HD. I am guessing it is coming any week now.[/QUOTE]

I hope so! I have been holding out for a while...

[quote name='chopper']I can't believe it's September and we still haven't seen a single sale for Beyond Good and Evil HD. I am guessing it is coming any week now.[/QUOTE]

PSN in Europe has it on sale this week (Outland too!). Obviously that doesn't help you, but it's definitely encouraging!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back