XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']I Saw the price drops are up today. In addition to what Spylon found:
Blade Kitten 800 MSP - 33%
The UnderGarden 400 MSP - 50%
Hanuted House - 400 - 50%[/QUOTE]

Permanent price drops? I'm interested in the first two but if these are permanent there's no rush to snag them now.

Also I got my Live Rewards rebate for last month. Should have probably spent more, regretting not snagging some of the games that I know will never go on sale. Perhaps they will bring it back soon. Anyone get higher than 520 points in either of the last 2 months? I suspect someone surely has and I don't want to feel so guilty for spending like XBLA is going down like PSN.

[quote name='reddjoey']I Saw the price drops are up today. In addition to what Spylon found:
Blade Kitten 800 MSP - 33%
The UnderGarden 400 MSP - 50%
Hanuted House - 400 - 50%[/QUOTE]

I went to buy Haunted House but it is 800 points & I do not see it being on sale on my dashboard. Also checked xbox website, same 800 price point.

Any further info on this?

[quote name='Mitch662']I went to buy Haunted House but it is 800 points & I do not see it being on sale on my dashboard. Also checked xbox website, same 800 price point.

Any further info on this?[/QUOTE]

They have apparently been removed from the price drops on the dashboard and I am assuming the price drops are no longer in effect.

I guess those games weren't supposed to receive price drops. That or they confused a future sale with price drops.

[quote name='Kaltic']They have apparently been removed from the price drops on the dashboard and I am assuming the price drops are no longer in effect.

I guess those games weren't supposed to receive price drops. That or they confused a future sale with price drops.[/QUOTE]

All three sold poorly, so a price drop makes sense. I bet someone just flipped the switch early. Maybe next week?

Unless I decide to get the mafia 2 DLC (might pass as I don't know if I see myself getting this game or not yet), it's a pass for me this week and next. Maybe might take the points I'm saving and buy myself a new shmup. Undecided right now.

[quote name='JStryke']Unless I decide to get the mafia 2 DLC (might pass as I don't know if I see myself getting this game or not yet), it's a pass for me this week and next. Maybe might take the points I'm saving and buy myself a new shmup. Undecided right now.[/QUOTE]

Isn't there a GotY out/coming for Mafia II? If you are on the fence I'd wait for/get that version.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Isn't there a GotY out/coming for Mafia II? If you are on the fence I'd wait for/get that version.[/QUOTE]

it's already out, platinum hits version has all the dlc on disc. The betrayal of Jimmy which is not dlc (I think it was only packaged on the ps3 version prior) is also on it.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Isn't there a GotY out/coming for Mafia II? If you are on the fence I'd wait for/get that version.[/QUOTE]

Somehow must've missed that. Thanks.

Age of Booty for 200 should be instant purchase for anyone who doesn't have it.

I enjoyed Undergarden. Total tension free gaming. There is no challenge and no way to get hurt. It's the total opposite of games like Super Meat Boy or Trials HD. I imagine most core gamers would be bored to tears by it. Try the demo, is what I'm saying.

I highly recommend Age of Booty. I got it when 400 was the 50% off price point and I'm very glad I did. At 200 you'd be crazy to pass it up. And with the sale, it should help to revitalize the online community for the game too!

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']Age of Booty for 200 should be instant purchase for anyone who doesn't have it.

I enjoyed Undergarden. Total tension free gaming. There is no challenge and no way to get hurt. It's the total opposite of games like Super Meat Boy or Trials HD. I imagine most core gamers would be bored to tears by it. Try the demo, is what I'm saying.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on The Undergarden. It's a nice palate cleanser after playing something like Blops or Super Meat Boy. It's also got local co-op so if you have a significant other who isn't a huge gamer they may enjoy floating around and collecting stuff with you.

[quote name='Skydude']I highly recommend Age of Booty. I got it when 400 was the 50% off price point and I'm very glad I did. At 200 you'd be crazy to pass it up. And with the sale, it should help to revitalize the online community for the game too![/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%.

Grabbed the BS2 and Mafia 2 DLC. Hopefully I get around to playing them...

ive actaully been kinda glad that the last few weeks have been slow and i have been able to save some cash after all those great back to back sales they kept dropping but now i would like to pick up a new game or two, im thinking about grabbing age of booty but im not too sure.

Well I got my 230 Reward points for the 5% April promotion. Now if I get the 200 for my 12-month Gold, the 600 from the dashboard gold AND 400 for buying the defiant Map pack I am going to be one very happy camper. 1430 points for "free" in the last month is not too shabby.

I got 410 reward points so now I have enough to get both Bioshock 2 DLC. I think I'll play a bit of the game this weekend and if I like it I'll go ahead and purchase the dlc.

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection coming in late summer 2011 for 800 pts. It includes MK, MK2, and UMK3.

Press Release:
STOCKHOLM – May 12, 2011 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announces Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection for PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. For the first time ever, the original Mortal Kombat arcade trilogy – Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 – have been brought together into a single collection which will be available for download in late summer 2011.
“We are very excited to finally have the first 3 Mortal Kombat games available in one download package for long-time and new fans to play,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “With the release of our 2011 Mortal Kombat, and its return to 2D game play, players have been asking for these classic titles and we are happy to deliver them.”
Developed by Other Ocean in conjunction with NetherRealm studios, the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will offer fans the chance to play through the games in their original arcade state and rediscover all their favourite characters, fatalities and environments as well as relive some of the franchise’s most memorable secrets. In addition, this new collection will feature online play, leaderboards, achievements and trophies.
An arcade- perfect port, the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection brings players their favourite Mortal Kombat arcade classics for 800 Microsoft points or €7.99 on the PlayStation Network or PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I got my 230 Reward points for the 5% April promotion. Now if I get the 200 for my 12-month Gold, the 600 from the dashboard gold AND 400 for buying the defiant Map pack I am going to be one very happy camper. 1430 points for "free" in the last month is not too shabby.[/QUOTE]

Just a reminder, I posted about this before, but according to a rep from the Rewards program, the defiant rebate will not show up in your rewards account. You will get an email with a 400 microsoft point code 4-5 weeks after the program ended, so 4-5 weeks after May 15th.

[quote name='louiedog']Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection coming in late summer 2011 for 800 pts. It includes MK, MK2, and UMK3....Developed by Other Ocean in conjunction with NetherRealm studios...[/QUOTE]Thank god it's not being developed by Backbone again. They managed to do a half-ass job with MK2 on PS3 and UMK3 on Xbox. I'm really looking forward to this release.

Bummer the next two weeks are zero buys for me, as they have all been on sale at least once. :( I understand, sorta, putting games/dlc on sale more than once. But with hundreds/thousands of games/dlc/content that could be placed on sale it bums me out. I hate seeing a game on sale 3 or 4 times when there is content that is good but never on sale. MS at least give it a couple years to put the same game on sale 3 times. Ho hum.

I just got my points back from both March and April. I ended up getting a 1,650 refund. Not bad (also waiting on my Defiant Map Pack refund, which will put me over 2k points for free).

Surprized by all the love for age of booty. I thought it was terrible and it's the only xbla game I actually regret buying.

Maybe it's fun in multiplayer? The single player campaign was incredibly tedious after like 2 missions.

Age of Booty was one of my favorite arcade games. I just wish there were more people online. Multiplayer is fun and I still have some achievements to get.

I got 120 msp added to my xbox account today. I am assuming it's the rebate, but I don't see anything at all about it on my reward account. I am guessing it does not register there.

[quote name='louiedog']Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection coming in late summer 2011 for 800 pts. It includes MK, MK2, and UMK3.

Press Release:
STOCKHOLM – May 12, 2011 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announces Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection for PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. For the first time ever, the original Mortal Kombat arcade trilogy – Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 – have been brought together into a single collection which will be available for download in late summer 2011.
“We are very excited to finally have the first 3 Mortal Kombat games available in one download package for long-time and new fans to play,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “With the release of our 2011 Mortal Kombat, and its return to 2D game play, players have been asking for these classic titles and we are happy to deliver them.”
Developed by Other Ocean in conjunction with NetherRealm studios, the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will offer fans the chance to play through the games in their original arcade state and rediscover all their favourite characters, fatalities and environments as well as relive some of the franchise’s most memorable secrets. In addition, this new collection will feature online play, leaderboards, achievements and trophies.
An arcade- perfect port, the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection brings players their favourite Mortal Kombat arcade classics for 800 Microsoft points or €7.99 on the PlayStation Network or PC.
[/QUOTE]

800 points for MK1, 2, and UMK3 arcade ports? O___O Hell yes! I was just happy to be getting this on 360 instead of PS3, but that price point is pretty insane.

Welp, time to start practicing back up. I'm not playing UMK3 right if i'm not getting hate messages in my inbox over my Robo-Smoke. ;D

Thanks, Microsoft. I earned a total of 400 MSP from your reward program, but you won't count the survey I did 1st day of May, so now I have 380 points. & I can't earn the other 20 until I reach 100 or more.....

Now I gotta figure out an even way to spend that 380 or figure out a way to make it so I earn an even amount....

Are those Bioshock 2 expansions worth it? I'd consider re-buying the game at GS for $10 if they are. Any thoughts on those? Chime in please.

[quote name='destro4eva']Are those Bioshock 2 expansions worth it? I'd consider re-buying the game at GS for $10 if they are. Any thoughts on those? Chime in please.[/QUOTE]

The general concensus seems to be that Minerva's den is fantastic. i've had it on HD for a couple of months now but have not had a chace to try it out.
The other DLCs not so much....

[quote name='destro4eva']Are those Bioshock 2 expansions worth it? I'd consider re-buying the game at GS for $10 if they are. Any thoughts on those? Chime in please.[/QUOTE]
Minerva's Den is very much worth it, it's an excellent mini campaign.

The Rapture Metro pack is only worth it if you're really into the multiplayer, especially since it's very hard to actually get a game going on the new maps.

I haven't delved too much into the Protector Trials but if you enjoyed the gathers in the campaign, it's like those but with customized loadouts for each challenge.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']800 points for MK1, 2, and UMK3 arcade ports? O___O Hell yes! I was just happy to be getting this on 360 instead of PS3, but that price point is pretty insane.

Welp, time to start practicing back up. I'm not playing UMK3 right if i'm not getting hate messages in my inbox over my Robo-Smoke. ;D[/QUOTE]

The hate mail I'm going to get because of Jax in MK2 is gonna be amazing.

has capcom ever had their dlc up for sale? I want to pick up some stuff for RE, MvC3, and SSF4 but it is sorta expensive. I know capcom has had sales for their arcade games, but cannot recall a dlc deal.

[quote name='ooga']I got 120 msp added to my xbox account today. I am assuming it's the rebate, but I don't see anything at all about it on my reward account. I am guessing it does not register there.[/QUOTE]

I got a Rewards statement e-mail saying 220 points had been awarded for April (and they're showing in my account), though http://rewards.xbox.com/ still shows them as pending.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The hate mail I'm going to get because of Jax in MK2 is gonna be amazing.[/QUOTE]

Alternating between ground-pounds and throws?

Platinum Hits and Greatest Hits. They include all three dlc : "Betrayal of Jimmy," "Jimmy's Vendetta" and "Joe's Adventures". They are on a seperate install disk.

A lot of good tier games have been coming out at 800 points recently. Nice to see MS backing off the $15 price point.

Now, no more teasing, just give us a damn release date. Demos are all that matters, guys.

[quote name='Zonic505']Thanks, Microsoft. I earned a total of 400 MSP from your reward program, but you won't count the survey I did 1st day of May, so now I have 380 points. & I can't earn the other 20 until I reach 100 or more.....

Now I gotta figure out an even way to spend that 380 or figure out a way to make it so I earn an even amount....[/QUOTE]

Or you could remember that just cause you have points doesn't mean you have to spend them. So if you end up with 80 left over, just leave them, and next time your rewards comes through and it is 120 or something, all good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back