XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mokmoof']Caved and grabbed both DeathSpanks. Here's hoping for a THQ week so Xbox gamers can get in on cheap Costume Quest, and maybe--just maybe--a discount on Stacking.[/QUOTE]

Isn't Costume Quest on sale on PSN right now? If THQ doesn't participate in these publisher sales there might be a standalone discount on it.

Thank you for listing all of the past sales, too.

Damn it. I was hoping to get Assault Heroes. I just noticed that they were half off on 1/11. I would have gotten them then, but failed to care about this until just a few days ago. :(

^^^ I concur about the Costume Quest and Stacking deals. They must happen.

Rockstar/2k released their official lists yet or are we just going to have to wait till the deals go live? Kinda hoping 2k will put the Claptrap avatar prop on sale again. Missed it last time.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Rockstar/2k released their official lists yet or are we just going to have to wait till the deals go live? Kinda hoping 2k will put the Claptrap avatar prop on sale again. Missed it last time.[/QUOTE]

I have looked around and haven't seen anything. I am tempted to put together a "wish" list tonight and edit it down in the am, but I won't.

THIS IS SPECULATION:

Rockstar:
-They have Xbox Originals they can discount.
-GTA IV DLC could go on sale (I'd only expect TBoGT)
-RDR DLC was on sale last month
-RDR has Avatar Gear

2K:
-BioShock 2 DLC has been mentioned
-Borderlands DLC has also been mentioned
-Both those IPs have Avatar Gear.

I can't think of more than the obvious stuff. Maybe some Games On Demand, but I haven't seen on go on sale yet

I was hoping to get some info on the Rockstar / 2K deals before hopping on my Seattle-Atlanta flgiht tonight but it seems I'll have to wait until I've landed to see that... can't find any info anywhere yet...

[quote name='mtxbass1']If you're on the fence about anything, you should pick it up ASAP. I imagine in the morning the deal will expire.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, picked up Deathspank TOV

[quote name='Kerig']2K sale is live on Xbox.com. Minerva's Den & Undead Nightmare Pack are 400 each.[/QUOTE]

thanks, bought Minerva's Den.

The Sale is live on the dashboard as well. I think I might pick up Bioshock 2 for cheap as I rented it when I beat it and get Minervas Den. I can wait on Axel and Pixel for another sale.
Looks like majority has been mentioned here. RDR DLC, GTA4 DLC, Borderlands DLC, Mafia 2 DLC, Bioshock DLC, Avatar Outfits for games and stuff, Axel and Pixel, PB Winterbottom, and games on demand like the Max Paynes, GTA San Andreas, Midnight Club and stuff.

And if not mentioned the Bulletstorm Demo and Crysis 2 MP Demo are up.

Crysis- Linky
Bulletstorm- Linky

Was just turning on my 360 to let it download Crysis and Bulletstorm before heading to sleep, and surprise to see the 2K sales on the dashboard.

Pretty good sales for all 2K stuffs. Will pick up Minerva's Den and maybe others.

These are the 2K/Rockstar deals

Red Dead Redemption

* Undead Nightmare Collection: 1600 --> 1000
* Undead Nightmare: 800 --> 400
* Liars and Cheats Pack: 800 --> 400
* Lasso Avatar Prop: 480 --> 240

Bioshock 2

* Minvera's Den: 800 --> 400
* Protector Trials: 400 --> 200
* Rapture Metro Pack: 800 --> 400
* Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack: 400 --> 200
* Big Sister Avatar Helmet: 50% off

GTA IV

* Ballad of Gay Tony: 1600 --> 800
* The Lost and Damned: 800 --> 400

Midnight Club: Los Angeles

* South Central Ultimate: 800 --> 400

Borderlands

* Claptrap's New Robot Revolution: 800 --> 400
* Zombie Island of Dr. Ned: 800 --> 400
* Secret Armory: 800 --> 400
* The Underdome: 800 --> 400
* Moxxi Avatar Hat: 50% off

Mafia II

* Jimmy's Vendetta: 800 --> 400
* Joe's Adventures: 800 --> 400
* Fedora Avatar Outfit: 50% off

Xbox Live Arcade

* Axel & Pixel: 800 --> 400
* Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom: 800 --> 400
* LA Lakers Avatar Jersey: 50% off

Xbox Originals

* Max Payne: 1200 --> 600
* Max Payne 2: 1200 --> 600
* GTA San Andreas: 1200 --> 600

[quote name='Stephan123']These are the 2K/Rockstar deals

Red Dead Redemption

* Undead Nightmare Collection: 1600 --> 1000
* Undead Nightmare: 800 --> 400
* Liars and Cheats Pack: 800 --> 400
* Lasso Avatar Prop: 480 --> 240

Bioshock 2

* Minvera's Den: 800 --> 400
* Protector Trials: 400 --> 200
* Rapture Metro Pack: 800 --> 400
* Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack: 400 --> 200
* Big Sister Avatar Helmet: 50% off

GTA IV

* Ballad of Gay Tony: 1600 --> 800
* The Lost and Damned: 800 --> 400

Midnight Club: Los Angeles

* South Central Ultimate: 800 --> 400

Borderlands

* Claptrap's New Robot Revolution: 800 --> 400
* Zombie Island of Dr. Ned: 800 --> 400
* Secret Armory: 800 --> 400
* The Underdome: 800 --> 400
* Moxxi Avatar Hat: 50% off

Mafia II

* Jimmy's Vendetta: 800 --> 400
* Joe's Adventures: 800 --> 400
* Fedora Avatar Outfit: 50% off

Xbox Live Arcade

* Axel & Pixel: 800 --> 400
* Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom: 800 --> 400
* LA Lakers Avatar Jersey: 50% off

Xbox Originals

* Max Payne: 1200 --> 600
* Max Payne 2: 1200 --> 600
* GTA San Andreas: 1200 --> 600[/QUOTE]

fuck the Lakers, but everything else im digging.

I've been told buy people that even thought I hated GTAIV and liked all the rest of them that I would love the dlc. Thinking of maybe picking up lost and the damned to find out and if I do picking up the other before the sale is over.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I've been told buy people that even thought I hated GTAIV and liked all the rest of them that I would love the dlc. Thinking of maybe picking up lost and the damned to find out and if I do picking up the other before the sale is over.[/QUOTE]

I will be straight with you. I hated the game and thought the DLC wasn't that much better than the original. It was better in the sense that I didn't feel like I was constantly going from one place to another but eventually I found that the story still drags in both content. I felt obligated to finish out the Lost and the Damned but couldn't stomach to finish Ballad of Gay Tony. I gave up about midway through it. (I had played them from the disc version that I had rented through a gamepass.)

So I just bought Mafia II (got it the CE edition used for $14) but I won't be able to play anytime soon. Any thoughts on the DLC? Is one better than the other or do you really need them?

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I've been told buy people that even thought I hated GTAIV and liked all the rest of them that I would love the dlc. Thinking of maybe picking up lost and the damned to find out and if I do picking up the other before the sale is over.[/QUOTE]

I think GTA4 was very good, not the "fucking TEN" that it was getting in mags, but a solid 8.5. OTOH, I thought TLaD was near perfect, mostly because the story made sense and didnt drag on too long. The final mission was a bit of a letdown gameplay wise (too easy), but the story resolution was satisfying.

I've yet to try TBoGT so no comment.

As for the sale, although I've wanted to play Max Payne for a while, $7.50 real money is still too much, especially when you can get it used for well under five. I wish MS would price their Xbox Originals better.

Thinking of picking up Lost And The Damned for 400. 800 for Gay Tony is too much. Only content on Live I spent more than 5 dollars was 1943 and that was via eBay.

Is it worth it to pick up the disc version? I don't really ever listen to the radio anyway since their songs suck compared to San Andreas....funny I actually listen to the news radio on GTA IV more lol.

Edit: Sweet. I put in my code for Bing Rewards from last week and now 400 points added. No need to go to town to find a points card (been spending too much on the card via Microsoft).

And is Hydrophobia worth 400 points when it goes on sale next week?

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I just bought Mafia II (got it the CE edition used for $14) but I won't be able to play anytime soon. Any thoughts on the DLC? Is one better than the other or do you really need them?[/QUOTE]

I second this question. Haven't yet picked up a copy of Mafia II but intend to once it hits sub $20, and I doubt I'll ever want to spend $10 each on its DLC. Someone mentioned the DLC implements more free roaming style side missions, any truth to that?

I'm also thinking about getting Lost and the Damned. I played TBoGT and didn't think it was terrible. It added some of the old goofy elements of GTA like base jumping and golf carts, and also added some new cars and weapons. I honestly think the best part was not playing as Niko Bellic. If I'm not that into biker gang culture, should I bother with Lost and the Damned?

I guess the question on my mind is should I just get Undead Nightmare for $5 or the whole collection for $12.50? How is the online play for the game and do a lot of people play with the add-ons?

[quote name='Felder71']I guess the question on my mind is should I just get Undead Nightmare for $5 or the whole collection for $12.50? How is the online play for the game and do a lot of people play with the add-ons?[/QUOTE]

Hmm I didn't even really think about that. I guess I'm with you there. I'll probably just end up getting UN by itself... man I don't know...

I've enjoyed the whole collection (I got the disc based version) and have a lot of fun with it. It seems like there is a good number of people playing. The cool thing about it is everybody can play the different match types that is in the collection regardless if they have the DLC or not. Having the DLC just lets them be able to get the achievements.

This is also good because you can try out the game modes before you actually buy the DLC. If you don't care for it, just the UN solely will provide a lot of fun. The "horde" mode in UN is great as well.

I just ordered the disc-based Undead Nightmare the other day (haven't even received it yet) and have been wondering what slight differences there are between disc and DLC. Even as extraordinarily lame of me as this would be, I'd consider getting the DLC also if the achievements for the two products were separate.

(edit) I'm getting the vibe that the DLC does some minor unlocks in the original (tomahawk, for example) and that the disc achievements do stack under RDR vanilla. Why the disc would not do those unlocks, I can't really fathom... not worth spending 1000 points. But if someone else shows up that knows what they're talking about, that'd be groovy.

[quote name='GregSal1']Is the Undead Nightmare collection via Xbox live download the same as the disk version sold retail?[/QUOTE]

Content wise, yes. The UN disc can be played without the single player RDR disc. The DLC requires the single player RDR disc in the drive.

That for getting the info out guys. I'm updating the OP. Should be done in about an hour

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I just ordered the disc-based Undead Nightmare the other day (haven't even received it yet) and have been wondering what slight differences there are between disc and DLC. Even as extraordinarily lame of me as this would be, I'd consider getting the DLC also if the achievements for the two products were separate.

(edit) I'm getting the vibe that the DLC does some minor unlocks in the original (tomahawk, for example) and that the disc achievements do stack under RDR vanilla. Why the disc would not do those unlocks, I can't really fathom... not worth spending 1000 points. But if someone else shows up that knows what they're talking about, that'd be groovy.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by the disc not doing the unlocks? For anybody wondering the disc UN achievements do stack and go under the regular RDR achievement list

[quote name='kidrocklive']What do you mean by the disc not doing the unlocks? For anybody wondering the disc UN achievements do stack and go under the regular RDR achievement list[/QUOTE]

kidrocklive - If you buy the disc version of Undead Nightmare Collection, you don't get to use the new weapons that came with those DLC packs in the standard RDR game.

[quote name='dark_inchworm'](edit) I'm getting the vibe that the DLC does some minor unlocks in the original (tomahawk, for example) and that the disc achievements do stack under RDR vanilla. Why the disc would not do those unlocks, I can't really fathom... not worth spending 1000 points. But if someone else shows up that knows what they're talking about, that'd be groovy.[/QUOTE]

dark_inchworm - It's really quite simple as to why, the content is on the disc when you buy the Undead Nightmare Collection on disc. Therefore vanilla RDR doesn't know that you own the DLC, and thus can't provide the new weapons in the vanilla RDR campaign. I'm sure Rockstar could make a workaround for the issue, but it's probably something they just don't care about.

In short, if you want the new weapons in your vanilla RDR single-player campaign, buy the DLC version of Undead Nightmare Collection. If you're fine not having the weapons, then you can purchase the disc version.

[quote name='BingoBrown']kidrocklive - If you buy the disc version of Undead Nightmare Collection, you don't get to use the new weapons that came with those DLC packs in the standard RDR game.

dark_inchworm - It's really quite simple as to why, the content is on the disc when you buy the Undead Nightmare Collection on disc. Therefore vanilla RDR doesn't know that you own the DLC, and thus can't provide the new weapons in the vanilla RDR campaign. I'm sure Rockstar could make a workaround for the issue, but it's probably something they just don't care about.

In short, if you want the new weapons in your vanilla RDR single-player campaign, buy the DLC version of Undead Nightmare Collection. If you're fine not having the weapons, then you can purchase the disc version.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!

Dang I was really hoping the claptrap avatar prop would be on sale.

Downloading the Axel & Pixel and Misadventures of PB Winterbottom demos now. Will try them when I get home from work. I've heard the latter is quite good. Anyone like either of them?

For those wondering, EA deals still appear to be active as of a moment or two ago. I got Deathspank and Risk Factions last night but was on the fence about going ahead and getting TOV. Decided better safe than sorry and got it just now.

[quote name='BingoBrown']kidrocklive - If you buy the disc version of Undead Nightmare Collection, you don't get to use the new weapons that came with those DLC packs in the standard RDR game.

In short, if you want the new weapons in your vanilla RDR single-player campaign, buy the DLC version of Undead Nightmare Collection. If you're fine not having the weapons, then you can purchase the disc version.[/QUOTE]

ahh yeah that is the crappy part. I got it for $10 at bestbuy after a PM and RZ pts. I'd rather have it as DLC because of that now but too late lol. I wasn't expecting it to go on sale so quick like it did.

I have bioshock 2 but have yet to play it at all. I am getting Minevera's Den but am wondering is the protector trails any good?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Downloading the Axel & Pixel and Misadventures of PB Winterbottom demos now. Will try them when I get home from work. I've heard the latter is quite good. Anyone like either of them?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played a lot of Winterbottom, but what I have played of it, I really liked. Definitely worth a meager 400 points.

I'm in for Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den. Only problem is that I only have 200 points and Xbox.com won't take my CC. Tried to buy an point code on Amazon, but that's unavailable. What gives? :p

Guess I might have to actually drop by the local Best Buy just for a point card.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Dang I was really hoping the claptrap avatar prop would be on sale.

Downloading the Axel & Pixel and Misadventures of PB Winterbottom demos now. Will try them when I get home from work. I've heard the latter is quite good. Anyone like either of them?[/QUOTE]

+1 on the first statement. As for Axel & Pixel, I am probably too much of a cheerleader for these kinds of games, but it's essentially a not-too-difficult puzzle game with some collectibles.

The main differentiator is the art and animation style - people will either dig it or be turned off by it. I tend to support these types of games (as long as they are not functionally broken) just to see some variety on the marketplace.

I have no choice now but to complete the Bioshock 2 DLC... ugh. I really want to add something RDR related to the mix but I haven't touched that game since launch. I'd better not.

I got a quick question, I'm thinking of grabbing the two DLC packs for Borderlands I am missing (Knoxx and Claptrap). However does the Borderlands GOTY Edition have all four DLC on disc or just codes? Let me know, I may be grabbing the two I am missing if it just codes on the GOTY edition

My general theory on DLC sales for games I have but may not have played yet is to get them if you have the points and hope you like the game. The main reason is that most DLC never gets a permanent price drop and the older a game gets the less liklihood you will see a sale for it. So far it has worked well for me but I am sure there will be a game that I will have DLC for but not like. Right now I am on the fence for Mafia II since I just bought it but won't play it most likely for another month. I know I would NEVER pay $20 for both DLCs but $10 is doable as long as I like the main game.

[quote name='guardkitty']I got a quick question, I'm thinking of grabbing the two DLC packs for Borderlands I am missing (Knoxx and Claptrap). However does the Borderlands GOTY Edition have all four DLC on disc or just codes? Let me know, I may be grabbing the two I am missing if it just codes on the GOTY edition[/QUOTE]

Borderlands GOTY are just codes, so get this DLC. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back