XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Pacman DX won too, I already have Castlevania. I'll be holding off on Hardcorps until it goes on sale, unless the demo tells me otherwise.

I played the Contra, I mean Hard Corps demo with my brother tonight. Man that was fun. If he had the points he was going to buy it right then and there. I'm just going to wait out the eventual sale. Really impressive game from what we played though.

Hard Corps DLC means unless I get a code I ain't getting that game until it's 800 tops, on principle.

Why couldn't they have just made it so the DLC was free if you bought the game, like DeathSpank TOV did? That way now or on a deal, the "full" game would still have been 1200.

Nah, that makes too much sense.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Day one DLC? *Rage Face*[/QUOTE]

For you and Everyone else complaining about Day one DLC - You do know that this is usually the result of the development teams having nothing to do for the 8-12 weeks before a retail game shows up on shelves right?

For Arcade games the time line is far worse since Microsoft certification is so backed up and Microsoft chooses when to release the game (which was even longer than normal since they choose this game for house party.)

In short: Almost all day one DLC is not stuff that would have been in the game, it is the product of Development teams sitting in their office with nothing to do waiting for their game to be released.

[quote name='bywaytm']In short: Almost all day one DLC is not stuff that would have been in the game, it is the product of Development teams sitting in their office with nothing to do waiting for their game to be released.[/QUOTE]

Last year alone Arc System Works contributed to the development of over 20 plus unique games. I really doubt the team for HC:U would be twiddling their thumbs had they not been busy with DLC. They would have just been switched over to other projects.

[quote name='bywaytm']In short: Almost all day one DLC is not stuff that would have been in the game, it is the product of Development teams sitting in their office with nothing to do waiting for their game to be released.[/QUOTE]

Uh, yeah right. I can't say I have inside info, but unless you can provide documentation on that, I'm calling bullshit. This is all about, IMHO of course, charging for something that would otherwise have been already in the game. I.e. $$$. Nothing more, nothing less.

I agree with most on the Hard Corp subject...seeing that we paid 1200 pts for the game I expected to get those DLC characters included. They should only be charging 800 pts for this title if they are going to nickel and dime us on DLC that SHOULD have been included in the $15 cost.

[quote name='bywaytm']For you and Everyone else complaining about Day one DLC - You do know that this is usually the result of the development teams having nothing to do for the 8-12 weeks before a retail game shows up on shelves right?

For Arcade games the time line is far worse since Microsoft certification is so backed up and Microsoft chooses when to release the game (which was even longer than normal since they choose this game for house party.)

In short: Almost all day one DLC is not stuff that would have been in the game, it is the product of Development teams sitting in their office with nothing to do waiting for their game to be released.[/QUOTE]

The problem with this is that it is well known that many dev teams worked on DLC simultaneously as the main project when DLC first started becoming popular. As a result Day 1 DLC was born. Since this is how Day 1 DLC came about it has garnered a negative connotation and many people(myself included) don't like to see it because it represents content completed during the normal development cycle that was simply excluded from the final package in order to try to squeeze more money out of customers.

While this is not necessarily the case today, the negative connotation persists and as a result Day 1 DLC should probably never be released unless you want to alienate your audience and make them feel slighted.

I thought the general consensus of day 1 DLC is it gives developers a way to recoup some of costs it takes to make games. Granted, this is a XBLA game, but that was always my understanding.

Also, I hope MN posts what next weeks deal is. I'm still waiting on Costume Quest :)

[quote name='seanr1221']I thought the general consensus of day 1 DLC is it gives developers a way to recoup some of costs it takes to make games. Granted, this is a XBLA game, but that was always my understanding.

Also, I hope MN posts what next weeks deal is. I'm still waiting on Costume Quest :)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the consensus is that all DLC gives developers a way to recoup costs. Day 1 or otherwise.

I would also like to see Costume Quest go on sale.

Major Nelson just updated his blog with the new DOTW. Good news everyone, Pac-Man CE DX confirmed.

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week** :

Week of February 21 – Tom Clancy:
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Co-op Collection, 200 points (50 percent off)
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Co-op Collection 200 points (50 percent off)
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction Deniable Ops: Insurgency 400 points (50 percent off)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Chapter 2, 300 points (50 percent off)
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. Air Supremacy, 400 points (50 percent off)
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2 All-in-one Pack, 400 points (50 percent off)
Tom Clancy’s EndWar Escalation, 200 points (50 percent off)
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, 600 points (50 percent off)
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction Outfit, 200 points (50 percent off)

Week of February 28:
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, 400 Points (Save 50%)

link

Meh, we already knew the dates for the House Party games (still getting BG&E HD). I'm STILL waiting on that release date for Trouble Witches Neo.

& no interesting deals for the next 2 weeks (already got Pac-Man CE DX, go get it if you haven't).

Weak next two weeks...but House Party games are still good. Played Contra last night and really liked it, but I'm not sure if I want to plop down 1200pts for it. Might as well wait for it to go on sale down the road.

Really looking forward to grabbing Pac Man CEDX when it goes on sale. Just wish they'd go and drop the price already. -.-

Also, tried out Hard Corps Uprising last night. Was thinking "Gee, I think I recognize this style of music . . ." from the intro. Watched the credits and it just so happens that both the character designs -and- the music composition were both done by Daisuke Ishiwatari of Guilty Gear fame. =O

Went ahead and impulse bought it. Partially because it seems a good solid fun (and pretty!) Contra, second to support my favorite composer of game music. >.>

EDIT -
Also totally in for the Splinter Cell Conviction DLC on sale next week. Played some co-op Conviction with a friend, and that was fun as hell. :D

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']
Also totally in for the Splinter Cell Conviction DLC on sale next week. Played some co-op Conviction with a friend, and that was fun as hell. :D[/QUOTE]

This, I only finally got around to playing co-op lately and found it incredibly fun. Immediately started kicking myself for not getting the DLC last time it was on sale.

aarrggghhhh, just bought the endwar dlc about a month ago, i thought there was no chance of it going on sale, oh well, its only 200 msp

Is the splinter cell conviction dlc worth it if you don't have anybody to play co-op with? Most of my friends don't even own the game/heard about the series.

[quote name='EarthKing']Is the splinter cell conviction dlc worth it if you don't have anybody to play co-op with? Most of my friends don't even own the game/heard about the series.[/QUOTE]

get them to spend the 10 bucks on it... seriously some of the most fun I've had co-op outside of Saints Row 2.

[quote name='EarthKing']Is the splinter cell conviction dlc worth it if you don't have anybody to play co-op with? Most of my friends don't even own the game/heard about the series.[/QUOTE]
If you're lonely and have no friends that play the game then no. The maps feel like they were built to be centered on co-op. Though if you got someone then hell yes, fun as hell together. Especially trying to get the achievements.

[quote name='bardockkun']If you're lonely and have no friends that play the game then no. The maps feel like they were built to be centered on co-op. Though if you got someone then hell yes, fun as hell together. Especially trying to get the achievements.[/QUOTE]

Most of my friends never even heard of the series...I guess I'll pass. Thanx. Atleast I'll get Pacman in 2 wks. Glad it won.

When it comes to the Splinter Cell Conviction co-op,
I managed to beat it when I was playing with myself.

Splinter Cell Conviction DLC is FANTASTIC. There is no story in them, but it's a set of 5 just REALLY good levels, better than the main campaign and the co-op campaign, even.

Hard Corps disappointed the crap outta me.

[quote name='gordojones88']When it comes to the Splinter Cell Conviction co-op,
I managed to beat it when I was playing with myself.

.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Awesome, glad that Pac-man won the Member's Choice. Definitely picking that one up.

On another note, both sets of H.A.W.X. DLC look like disc unlocks, for those folks who are annoyed by that publisher tactic.

Does the splinter cell co-op DLC have matchmaking like the base game does? I play with one guy but I can't guarantee he'll get the new maps and if it doesn't have match making I may end up passing...

Looks like the new Dotw is up, but the Avatar clothes aren't on sale yet.

Blacklight is still showing up 600 MSP, so jump on it if you want it

does anyone know if you can play pacman ce dx with a fighting stick? i just got one and would love to DL some old arcade games so long as they work with it

[quote name='nerdtown']does anyone know if you can play pacman ce dx with a fighting stick? i just got one and would love to DL some old arcade games so long as they work with it[/QUOTE]

A fighting stick is really no different than a standard controller. It doesn't require special game compatibility. The only limitation is that fighting sticks don't have the right thumbstick, but I doubt that is necessary for Pacman.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Does the splinter cell co-op DLC have matchmaking like the base game co-op does? I play with one guy but I can't guarantee he'll get the new maps and if it doesn't have match making I may end up passing...[/QUOTE]

I'm going to bump this again and ask if anyone knows the answer. It is the deciding factor between me buying this and not buying it. I loved the co-op and want the DLC, but if I'll have no one to play it with that kind of sours the whole thing.

[quote name='nerdtown']Does anyone know if you can play pacman ce dx with a fighting stick?
I just got one and would love to DL some old arcade games so long as they work with it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it will work with all retail and arcade games.
However, Pac-Man is a special case and won't work properly.
Pac-Man requires a 4-way input and you are using an 8-way joystick.
The problem is referenced here and here in the CAG Arcade stick thread.
The solution is to get a $5 4-way restrictor plate and Pac-Man will play better than ever.

" The best example of a game where diagonals can be a problem is Pac-Man. The game recognizes the last of the four directions newly-engaged in choosing the direction of movement. Say you are turning right, but you accidentally clip the up switch after engaging right. Up will be the saved direction because it was last engaged. So you try to fix this by rotating the stick out of the up-right diagonal into only the right engagement. You would intuitively think this would fix the problem and make right the new direction. But right was engaged the entire time and it is not a new command. So up is still the recognized movement even though you are specifically holding right and only right. "

http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/restrictors.html

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I'm going to bump this again and ask if anyone knows the answer. It is the deciding factor between me buying this and not buying it. I loved the co-op and want the DLC, but if I'll have no one to play it with that kind of sours the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

I beat it when I was playing with myself on hard.

[quote name='nerdtown']does anyone know if you can play pacman ce dx with a fighting stick? i just got one and would love to DL some old arcade games so long as they work with it[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gordojones88']Yes, it will work with all retail and arcade games.
However, Pac-Man is a special case and won't work properly.
Pac-Man requires a 4-way input and you are using an 8-way joystick.
The problem is referenced here and here.
The solution is to get a $5 4-way restrictor plate and Pac-Man will play better than ever.

" The best example of a game where diagonals can be a problem is Pac-Man. The game recognizes the last of the four directions newly-engaged in choosing the direction of movement. Say you are turning right, but you accidentally clip the up switch after engaging right. Up will be the saved direction because it was last engaged. So you try to fix this by rotating the stick out of the up-right diagonal into only the right engagement. You would intuitively think this would fix the problem and make right the new direction. But right was engaged the entire time and it is not a new command. So up is still the recognized movement even though you are specifically holding right and only right. "

http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/restrictors.html [/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity nerdtown, what stick are you planning on using? If it's something with a Sanwa stick inside (The SF4 Fightstick TEs for instance) , then the included / default gate can be swapped between 4-way and 8-way modes.

[quote name='gordojones88']I beat it when I was playing with myself on hard.

.[/QUOTE]

So its basically single player too then and you just have to control both players?

If thats the case I'll get it. I want to be able to play it and not have to worry about finding someone else in order to access the content.

WAIT...does it put you into a split screen anyway? ...or will it recognize your just one player and go full screen and just make you have to control both characters?

I'd also like to ask anyone if they could please answer if the Ghost Recon content can be played by one person only as well. I'd like to get the extra Chapter 2 missions but will it force me to play in co-op or can I go into them and play through them via single player as well?

The description doesnt say. Hell, I'd get all of the co-op stuff for both part 1 and 2 if it'll let me play single.

*I know the experience will be diminished since its intended for co-op play but at the sametime I want to be able to play it no matter what and if your forcing me to play it co-op or nothing then its a hassle because in the case that I cant find another person when I feel like accessing that content then the content IMHO becomes just a paper weight.... so to speak.

.[/QUOTE]

I know the co-op is playable with one player, it just isn't nearly as much fun and I found it bordering on irritating when I tried a co-op level in the base game on my own. Which is why I was asking if the DLC also had the matchmaking ability.

.[/QUOTE]

Haha this made me laugh. I didn't realize we could control the difficulty on that activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back