XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Having not bought much in the past month or so, I'm once again debating if I should buy Triggerheart Exelica now or keep waiting hoping it goes on sale on day as unlikely as it seems.

And before you ask, yes, I do enjoy schmups having played Deathsmiles, Touhou, and others.

[quote name='JStryke']Having not bought much in the past month or so, I'm once again debating if I should buy Triggerheart Exelica now or keep waiting hoping it goes on sale on day as unlikely as it seems.[/QUOTE]
Just buy it. Any shmup fan shouldn't have a problem getting their $10 worth out of it. ;)

[quote name='JStryke']Having not bought much in the past month or so, I'm once again debating if I should buy Triggerheart Exelica now or keep waiting hoping it goes on sale on day as unlikely as it seems.

And before you ask, yes, I do enjoy schmups having played Deathsmiles, Touhou, and others.[/QUOTE]Considering how old it is, I'd say wait for it to be on sale. I know I've been waiting ever since I got my 360 last year. As I recall, it's never been on sale. I've been waiting as well, so I'm hoping it'll be on sale as well.

I'd say buy triggerheart exelica, it's been more than a year and still never went on sale. Waiting over a year to save $5 on a game isn't worth it to me and u have a better chance of the Maw going on sale again. Game developers have to tell Microsoft they'd like to agree to have their game on sale and smaller companies hardly ever do that. Anyone still play guwange online? Thinking of buying it to play online co-op.

[quote name='bajingo']does anyone have information that they will eventually release a disc compliation of the new sonic games (sonic 4 EPISODE 1)? i did a quick search and could not find info about that. obviously since the next episodes arent even on the horizon this would be a loooong ways away. but ive got nothing but time and other games[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, the only thing Sega has officially said about Sonic 4 Episode 2 is that there will be one and that they will be taking criticism of the first into consideration. So basically nothing. No I do recall something about a retail packaged once they were all done, but at this rate that will be 2-4 years from now.

Just wanted to clarify something about the OP post. It says in that post that the sale items are for "Gold Members Only":

March 22nd - March 28th - "Xbox Originals" GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
However, I am a free XBox live member, and I bought two of the new XBox "originals" (Black and Burnout 3: Takedown), and they were both discounted to 800 points as mentioned in the sale post. So it looks like these sales are not limited to Gold members.

Still torn on the Xbox originals. Would like something new to play and would be nice to have a few of these on my HD, yet I know these are going to be on sale at $5 at some point. Maybe I'll just get a 1600 point code and wait it out.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Just wanted to clarify something about the OP post. It says in that post that the sale items are for "Gold Members Only":

[/LIST]
However, I am a free XBox live member, and I bought two of the new XBox "originals" (Black and Burnout 3: Takedown), and they were both discounted to 800 points as mentioned in the sale post. So it looks like these sales are not limited to Gold members.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, when I setup the links they were all Gold Only. I will adjust.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']Interesting, according to the article the lowest price MS allows for an Indie title over 50MB is 240 space bucks. As for Clover, I took a pass after the demo ended.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is not entirely up to the developers, size plays a part as well. Sort of makes sense I guess, Microsoft doesn't want developers putting 500mb games up for $1, the cost of all the people downloading the demo would get pricey after a while.

Tempted to get BLACK (Xbox Original)... but with so many next gen shooters available as alternates, it's tough to decide.

Is BLACK still worth it even after 7 years or so?

Or is it now basically just like every other shooter?

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Tempted to get BLACK (Xbox Original)... but with so many next gen shooters available as alternates, it's tough to decide.

Or is it now basically just like every other shooter?[/QUOTE]

doubtful. and even if it still holds up to todays standards, will it work its way to the top of your play list? with so much out and coming out, probably not. i REALLY had to struggle not to buy halo and GTA SA when they were on sale for 400 during holidays, but i still would not have even touched them by now. fight the urge.im starting a support group for CAGs.

[quote name='bajingo']doubtful. and even if it still holds up to todays standards, will it work its way to the top of your play list? with so much out and coming out, probably not. i REALLY had to struggle not to buy halo and GTA SA when they were on sale for 400 during holidays, but i still would not have even touched them by now. fight the urge.im starting a support group for CAGs.[/QUOTE]
Know what you mean. Thanks!

[quote name='bajingo']doubtful. and even if it still holds up to todays standards, will it work its way to the top of your play list? with so much out and coming out, probably not. i REALLY had to struggle not to buy halo and GTA SA when they were on sale for 400 during holidays, but i still would not have even touched them by now. fight the urge.im starting a support group for CAGs.[/QUOTE]

Will it be a 12 store program?

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Tempted to get BLACK (Xbox Original)... but with so many next gen shooters available as alternates, it's tough to decide.

Or is it now basically just like every other shooter?[/QUOTE]

What bajingo said. I would also like to say that I borrowed Black from a friend in the month it came out. Neither he nor I liked it very much and neither of us finished it. Compared to today's shooters it would probably bore you to tears.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I've been debating on stubbs the zombie I've never even tried the game though but it was always one I would look for at my gamestop but could never find.[/QUOTE]

I was lucky enough to find a retail version at a local used bookstore awhile back form $20 (saw two more copies show up recently at $25+). It's pretty fun considering it runs on the Halo engine, but slightly repeatitive. Some parts of that game can be rather cheap too. I'd say if you need something to play, go for it. But if you already have a backlog going, it won't get played much more than likely. Soundtrack is great though!

[quote name='jgressley']What is the consensus on Raskulls and World of Keflings? I've got some points to spare tomorrow if these are any good.[/QUOTE]

World of Keflings is great. It's better than A kingdom for Keflings in every way.

Raskulls plays a bit like a really nice flash game. I'm not that far into it, but it's charming and kinda fun. I have seen a few people say the game gets hard very quick, where you have to have perfect runs to beat the later levels. In retrospect I shouldn't have paid 800 points for it, but would have been fine with 400 points.

do any of you remember if there ever was a sale on marvel vs capcom 2 or either of the metal slugs? visited my hometown and the old billiards still has those arcade machines set up.

I'm almost positive MvsC 2 did go on sale on Live for 400 points about a year ago. I purchased it on Amazon for I think half off soon after release.

[quote name='gotdott']do any of you remember if there ever was a sale on marvel vs capcom 2 or either of the metal slugs? visited my hometown and the old billiards still has those arcade machines set up.[/QUOTE]

There were a few sales on MvC2. No clue on the Metal Slugs.

metal slug games were on sale before along with a few other snk games too I think, don't recall exactly their prices but i'm sure a google search would give you that information. ah nothing for me to buy next week..

[quote name='nerdtown']i don't think any SNK game has ever gone on sale, prove me wrong[/QUOTE]

I second this statement. I have been waiting for Metal Slug 3 to go on sale for ages

I feel like I haven't seen a good DotW in a while...or at least nothing that I personally wanted. Tomorrow however, I feel like I might just buy everything that goes on sale.

I'm thinking about getting A World of Keflings since I enjoyed A Kingdom of Keflings very much. $5 is a good price for this type of game even though A Kingdom of Keflings was 200 MSP ( I believe, when it went on sale) when I got it

[quote name='Thrinn']I don't recall either of the XBLA Metal Slug games having ever been on sale.[/QUOTE] I have Metal Slug 3 and I know I didn't pay full price for it. Either a sale or eBay "sale".

MvC2 was definitely on sale a few times.

Does the Worms DLC have achievements?

[quote name='shinn']kingdom was never 200, it was 400.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, I remember it being 50% when I got it and I guess they had a price drop for the game.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Gracias. Couldn't find WHICH part was worth the points. Guess I'm adding that.[/QUOTE]

No prob. I just did a quick check here and they said it was the battle pack. I just wanted to make sure that was the DLC pack in question as I haven't played the game myself.

Hey guys, don't know if it's a permanent drop or not, but the Red Dead Redemption DLC is on sale. Undead Nightmare is 400 points and the Undead Nightmare Collection (Undead Nightmare + All other DLC) is 1000 points.

[quote name='ramenXnoodles']Hey guys, don't know if it's a permanent drop or not, but the Red Dead Redemption DLC is on sale. Undead Nightmare is 400 points and the Undead Nightmare Collection (Undead Nightmare + All other DLC) is 1000 points.[/QUOTE]

RDR dropped to $30 at retail last week. Do GoD drops usually happen on Tuesday? For some reason I feel like they do, but I'm likely wrong. They may have put the DLC on sale to go along with the full game dropping in the marketplace tomorrow.

Joystiq is reporting that Crazy Taxi and Afterburner Climax will both be 400 points between tomorrow and Friday the 1st. Joystiq says 50% off, but I thought they were normally 1200.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/28/afterburner-climax-and-crazy-taxi-are-half-off-on-xbox-live-mark/

edit: The sale prices are live right now.

edit2: And to help out reddjoey who works so hard:
After Burner Climax metacritic quick look
Crazy Taxi http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/crazy-taximetacritic quick look

Last edited by a moderator:
After Burner sounds like a good pickup. Crazy Taxi is on disc so I probably won't be getting it. Thanks for the tip louiedog!

Wish they would have put Virtual-On on sale while they were at it. Still kicking myself for not buying it when it went on sale for 800 points forever ago. Sigh.

[quote name='louiedog']Joystiq is reporting that Crazy Taxi and Afterburner Climax will both be 400 points between tomorrow and Friday the 1st. Joystiq says 50% off, but I thought they were normally 1200.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/28/afterburner-climax-and-crazy-taxi-are-half-off-on-xbox-live-mark/

edit: The sale prices are live right now.

edit2: And to help out reddjoey who works so hard:
After Burner Climax metacritic quick look
Crazy Taxi http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/crazy-taximetacritic quick look[/QUOTE]

Nice, been waiting for Crazy Taxi to go on sale. Thanks!

Do you guys think that GTA: SA would be better if I downloaded the one off the marketplace, or should I just stick with my PS2 version?

[quote name='blinkFRO']Do you guys think that GTA: SA would be better if I downloaded the one off the marketplace, or should I just stick with my PS2 version?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the same game. Just depends if you want a version on your HD or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back