XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seanr1221']Tempted by Crazy Taxi, but I'll wait for the DC collection to drop in price.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing but then I realized I really don't care about any of the other games on the disc except maybe sonic adventures which as been on sale several times; and I'd personally rather have them on my HD than on disc.

To you guys passing up Crazy Taxi in favor of waiting for the DC collection to drop, someone recently mentioned that installing the disc to your HD still results in the games being played from the disc.

Since I don't really care for the other games on the collection, and don't want to RRoD my 360 playing a bunch of Crazy Taxi, I went for the 400 MSP download.

[quote name='seanr1221']Tempted by Crazy Taxi, but I'll wait for the DC collection to drop in price.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the DC collection to drop in price also. I've been researching and it looks like the Sonic Adventure DX DLC isn't included in the DC collection disc. That's seriously bullshit. I have all those games for the Dreamcast I spent $199.99 on 9-9-99. I can wait for the stupid xbox 360 DC collection to drop to $9.99 just so I can achievement whore the points out of it.

Crazy Taxi may be one of those games better kept in the nostalgic past for some people.

In my opinion, it hasn't aged very well.

Funny too, cause I was really excited for it, until I dug out and played the Dreamcast version for about 20 minutes. I was left wondering what captivated me for weeks and months on end with this game a decade ago.

Simpler times, I suppose. ^ ^

[quote name='donburns99']
Simpler times, I suppose. ^ ^[/QUOTE]

The simplicity of Crazy Taxi is exactly why I still love it. At its heart, it's a high score based game much like classics like Pac Man and the "gotta beat my latest high score" mentality is addicting for me.

[quote name='louiedog']Joystiq is reporting that Crazy Taxi and Afterburner Climax will both be 400 points between tomorrow and Friday the 1st. Joystiq says 50% off, but I thought they were normally 1200.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/28/afterburner-climax-and-crazy-taxi-are-half-off-on-xbox-live-mark/

edit: The sale prices are live right now.

edit2: And to help out reddjoey who works so hard:
After Burner Climax metacritic quick look
Crazy Taxi metacritic quick look[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the edit. Too bad I didn't see it in time, :roll:

Someone remind me, but isn't there some type of connectivity thing with Raskulls, a World of Keflings, and ilomilo, where they all unlock something different in each of the games? I have ilomilo already, and I was debating about Keflings and Raskulls, but that info would definitely help.

[quote name='lolwut?']Someone remind me, but isn't there some type of connectivity thing with Raskulls, a World of Keflings, and ilomilo, where they all unlock something different in each of the games? I have ilomilo already, and I was debating about Keflings and Raskulls, but that info would definitely help.[/QUOTE]
You unlock playable characters for Raskulls (kefling & ilomilo), blueprints in World of Keflings and I'm not sure what unlocks in ilomilo.

I'll finally pick up After Burner at this price, wil also check out the Crazy Taxi demo. Its been a while since I've played it so I'm not sure if I'll even like it these days.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'm waiting for the DC collection to drop in price also. I've been researching and it looks like the Sonic Adventure DX DLC isn't included in the DC collection disc. That's seriously bullshit. I have all those games for the Dreamcast I spent $199.99 on 9-9-99. I can wait for the stupid xbox 360 DC collection to drop to $9.99 just so I can achievement whore the points out of it.[/QUOTE]

Wait really? I thought it had the DX DLC? The Steam version does :cry:

Picked up Crazy Taxi, been waiting to pick it up for a while. Might get After Burner Climax. Was looking at the market place and saw that Doom 2 was now 400 points. Not sure if it's a permanent price drop or not, but it's originally 800 points.

[quote name='KASPENN']Picked up Crazy Taxi, been waiting to pick it up for a while. Might get After Burner Climax. Was looking at the market place and saw that Doom 2 was now 400 points. Not sure if it's a permanent price drop or not, but it's originally 800 points.[/QUOTE]

NICE. I just looked up DOOM II a few days ago so this is a definite recent price drop. Probably going to snag it for this price.

Also might have to snag the DC collection from AZ since it's on sale at my high price. Unless you guys think I should wait it out for it to drop some more? I'm not in any rush so I can wait if it'll drop some more. $10 maybe?

I'm in for Crazy Taxi at that price. Nostalgia. Don't expect too much from it. May swoop Undead Nightmare too since it's on sale. Is the multiplayer DLC worth it? Raskulls too I suppose lol.. blowing money fast.

I think I'm Big Meech, Larry Hoover

[quote name='xblaze23']I'm in for Crazy Taxi at that price. Nostalgia. Don't expect too much from it. May swoop Undead Nightmare too since it's on sale. Is the multiplayer DLC worth it? Raskulls too I suppose lol.. blowing money fast.

I think I'm Big Meech, Larry Hoover[/QUOTE]

o wow it is on sale, I have to say at 400 points Undead Nightmare is a must have.

Last edited by a moderator:
all prices shown are after 50% off:

Yugioh 5d=400 ms points (regular price=800 ms points)
a kingdom for keflings=400 ms points (regular price=800 ms points)
crazy taxi=400 ms points (regular price=800 ms points)
3d ultra minigolf2=400 ms points (regular price=800 ms points)
costume quest=600 ms points (regular price=1200 ms points)
monkey island 2: special edition=400 ms points (regular price=800 ms points)
faery: legends of avalon=600 ms points (regular price=1200 ms points)
gyromancer=400 ms points (regular price=1200 ms points)

I've already spent over 4,200 ms points and now thanks to this new sale I'll be spending another 3,000 ms points. Do remember, if you signed up for the xbl rewards you'll be getting back 5%. Unbound Saga is a great purchase @ 160 ms points as it has avatar awards, achievements of course, leaderboards and most importantly online play.

Holy poop, there's a lot of things on sale this week!

Extreme Shopping week, with one day specials on April 1st.
Deals for the week:

"Casual Arcade Games":
Yu Gi Oh! 5D's Decade Duels - 400 pts
A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 pts
Crazy Taxi - 400 pts
3D Ultra MiniGolf 2 - 400 pts
Costume Quest - 600 pts
Monkey Island 2: Special Edition - 400 pts
Faery: Legend of Avalon - 600 pts
Gyromancer - 400 pts

"Core Arcade Games":
DOOM II - 400 pts
Quake Areana Arcade - 800 pts
Zeit 2 - 400 pts
After Burner Climax - 400 pts
Alien Breed Evolution - 400 pts
Alien Breed 2: Assult - 400 pts
Darwini+ - 400 pts
Defese Grid - 400 pts
Unbound Saga - 160 pts

"Awesome Add-Ons":
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare Bundle: 1000pts
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare pack: 400pts
Halo Wars Historical Battles: 400pts
Halo Wars Strategic Options: 400pts
3D Ultra Minigolf 2 Fairy Tales: 120pts
Mirror's Edge Pure Time Trials: 400pts

"Avatar Discounts":
Break Dancing - 160pts
Ninjas Black Horned Samurai Outfit - 120pts
Fantasy Pets Minotaur companion - 120pts

On the dashboard, there is a thing for a week long sale (that wasn't even announced to my knowledge). The Extreme Shopping Sale Week, it's called. Tons of stuff in there. They are labeled as such:

Casual Arcade Games:
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Decade Duels - 400
A Kingdom for Keflings - 400
Crazy Taxi - 400
3D Ultra Mini Golf 2 - 400
Costume Quest - 600
Monkey Island 2 - 400
Faery: Legends of Avalon - 600
Gyromancer - 400

Core Arcade Games:
Doom 2 - 400
Quake Arena Arcade - 800
Zeit 2 - 400
After Burner Climax - 400
Alien Breed 1: Evolution - 400
Alien Breed 2: Assault - 400
Darwinia+ - 400
Defense Grid - 400
Unbound Saga - 160

Awesome Add-Ons:
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Bundle - 1000
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Pack - 400
Halo Wars: Historical Battle - 400
Halo Wars: Strategic Options - 400
3D Mini Golf 2: Fairy Tales - 120
Mirror's Edge: Pure Time Trials - 400

And that doesn't even include the DotW stuff. Here I thought I was only going to be spending 800 points this week, but now I'm looking at 4,000 or so. My gosh!! It was like Christmas when I turned on my 360. Plus there's gonna be stuff on sale for 1 day only on April 1st. Thanks for taking all my money MS! Haha.

Edit: Dammit, beaten like a red headed stepchild.

I bought Undead Nightmare. Will pull trigger on Crazy Taxi. Are the Alien Breed games worth the purchase? or How does Monkey Island 2 compare to the 1st?

Unbound Saga has a crap metacritic score but it was reviewed at 800ms. I wonder how those reviews would've gone for 160ms aka 2 dollars.

[quote name='garrett9418']Does it say you have to have Gold Membership for the Extreme Shopping Sale Week?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe so. When MS have these week long sale promotions that feature numerous titles, they are usually open to everyone. It is only the Deal of the Week sales that are for Gold members only (which is still stupid if you ask me).

Awesome sale, only expected to get Raskulls this week. Already picked up Doom II and Crazy Taxi. Will pick up Raskulls, Costume Quest, Alien Breed, Alien Breed 2, Unbound Saga, After Burner Climax, and Mirrors Edge Pure Time Trials. Not sure about the Keflings games.

[quote name='hamberger']It's weird; every time I try to buy Alien Breed 2 it says only the trial is available.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I'm downloading the trial now to see if I can purchase the full game through it.

[quote name='hamberger']It's weird; every time I try to buy Alien Breed 2 it says only the trial is available.[/QUOTE]

Think it does that when they are still updating the system. It says that for World of Keflings too. I went to the demo for it in my game library and went to "purchase game", but it is still listed at 800 points. Here in a couple hours, everything should be ironed out.

[quote name='BigMack9737']I don't believe so. When MS have these week long sale promotions that feature numerous titles, they are usually open to everyone. It is only the Deal of the Week sales that are for Gold members only (which is still stupid if you ask me).[/QUOTE]

I see good to see that. Yeah I agree that limiting the DOTW to only Gold Members is pretty dumb. NO DISCRIMINATION MICROSOFT!

[quote name='garrett9418']I see good to see that. Yeah I agree that limiting the DOTW to only Gold Members is pretty dumb. NO DISCRIMINATION MICROSOFT![/QUOTE]

I guess their reasoning is that offering the deal of the week to only gold members gives them another bullet point to add to the list to try and sell people a $60/yr subscription.

But essentially what they are telling non-gold members is that "sorry, we don't want your money. It's no good here unless you pay for a gold sub." And it is really weird for a corporation to say no to money like that.

[quote name='BigMack9737']I guess their reasoning is that offering the deal of the week to only gold members gives them another bullet point to add to the list to try and sell people a $60/yr subscription.

But essentially what they are telling non-gold members is that "sorry, we don't want your money. It's no good here unless you pay for a gold sub." And it is really weird for a corporation to say no to money like that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and considering that PSN is free to play online shouldn't Microsoft be trying to attract more people? It still seems weird that XBL is more popular than PSN. But the online interface and options on XBL is so much better than PSN.

Man, am I so glad my hunch was right. I knew there'd big a big sale coming up, just no so soon. I grabbed about 60 bucks worth a MS points last week. Glad I didn't bite on Unbound Saga for 800 on Sunday. Now I can finally pick up Crazy Taxi and Costume Quest. Along with Worms 2 and World of Keflings. Will trial Raskulls before buying.

[quote name='garrett9418']Yeah and considering that PSN is free to play online shouldn't Microsoft be trying to attract more people? It still seems weird that XBL is more popular than PSN. But the online interface and options on XBL is so much better than PSN.[/QUOTE]

If anything, I'd think Sony is kicking themselves for not charging for online MP like MS does. Seeing as how MS brings in something like $800 million a year from gold subscriptions alone, I don't see them dropping the fee for it anytime soon.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Bought Costume Quest, but I'm still waiting for Worms 2 to go on sale. And ME2: Arrival to be put up.

Stupid Microsoft, making me wait.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 2 arrival is already live on Europe Marketplace :)

[quote name='Stephan123']Mass Effect 2 arrival is already live on Europe Marketplace :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I checked the US marketplace again and it is indeed up for us. It's just not under the Mass Effect: Arrival ad on the dashboard, or under "Newest Add-ons". I had to look up Mass Effect 2 and download it in the DLC list.

Still, huzzah!

EDIT: Upon further investigation, Worms 2 is on sale now too!

Anybody know if the DLC is worth it? It's on sale as well.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Yeah, I checked the US marketplace again and it is indeed up for us. It's just not under the Mass Effect: Arrival ad on the dashboard, or under "Newest Add-ons". I had to look up Mass Effect 2 and download it in the DLC list.

Still, huzzah!

EDIT: Upon further investigation, Worms 2 is on sale now too!

Anybody know if the DLC is worth it? It's on sale as well.[/QUOTE]
Worms 2 Battlepack is a very good addon for that price :)

[quote name='BigMack9737']If anything, I'd think Sony is kicking themselves for not charging for online MP like MS does.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's something Sony will address for the PS4.

[quote name='Stephan123']World of Keflings for 400 msp is not live yet.I hope it goes live soon[/QUOTE]

They haven't updated the DotW section yet, but if you have the trials for Raskulls and World of Keflings downloaded already, just go to them in your game library and select Unlock Full Game, and you can buy both at their sale price of 400 points. That's what I did.:D

I already own Worms 2, so I don't know if it works with that too or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back