XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='urmomlikesme']With all these good deals, I hadn't noticed that Borderlands was $20 on Games on demand. I know the GOTY version is going to be that price during gamestops power saver sale but is the dlc worth me putting the disc in every time I want to play? ... So thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I get what you're saying, but the downloads do make for a great package with tons of gameplay. I would get the disc.

[quote name='darthballz']I get what you're saying, but the downloads do make for a great package with tons of gameplay. I would get the disc.[/QUOTE]

I've heard the zombie island is very good. Mad Moxxy not so much. I'm not too familiar with the other dlc's. How many others are there? and are they worth getting the goty? or should i just pick up zombie island later (hopefully discounted price).

[quote name='urmomlikesme']I've heard the zombie island is very good. Mad Moxxy not so much. I'm not too familiar with the other dlc's. How many others are there? and are they worth getting the goty? or should i just pick up zombie island later (hopefully discounted price).[/QUOTE]

Knoxxs Armory is probably the best. Raises the level cap as well. I havent played through Revolution or Madd Moxxi, but thats why Im grabbing it on PS3 for 20 at Gamestop. Id like to play Mad Moxxi and getting a storage bank is also very cool. So far the tho Knoxxs Armory and Zombie Island have been awesome and most definitely worth it. You also get a 4-person vehicle in Knoxxs Armory.

I would much rather have the GOTY with the DLC on disc as well, than the Games on Demand on a hard drive. Its a great game and luckily I have 3 other friends who I informed about the copy for 20 and are getting it on PS3 as well (I have Knoxxs Armory and Zombie Island on 360). Cant wait to play through with 3 friends again.

[quote name='Abeja']Knoxxs Armory is probably the best. Raises the level cap as well. I havent played through Revolution or Madd Moxxi, but thats why Im grabbing it on PS3...Cant wait to play through with 3 friends again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm sold on the GOTY. I hope the online community is still alive. I don't think I know anyone still playing this :/

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Thanks! I'm sold on the GOTY. I hope the online community is still alive. I don't think I know anyone still playing this :/[/QUOTE]

That was the reason I never got Borderlands. I heard it was a great game if you had friends to play it with. I don't play online consistently enough to have people to play with so I figured it wasn't worth it.

[quote name='biledriver']Nope. I reacted almost the same. I was all "There should totally be a The Maxx game."[/QUOTE]

You know they would totally ruin it.

[quote name='Mizzou75']eh, i grabbed FO3 for $5.xx and I've got points just sitting there. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

If it makes a difference, the DLC actually installs from the disc for Fallout 3, meaning you could pick up the GOTY from gamestop, install the DLC and then return it. Seriously. That's why stuff comes in code form now. :lol:

[quote name='eastx']The co-op levels in Alien Breed are separate from the story mode. With that said, quit being antisocial and play with friends. :p[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way with XBLA games that are "best with co-op" and don't have strong matchmaking or a big community. Most of my friends own maybe 3-5 arcade games that weren't free, I own over 40, well before this sale...

[quote name='Dalerax']That was the reason I never got Borderlands. I heard it was a great game if you had friends to play it with. I don't play online consistently enough to have people to play with so I figured it wasn't worth it.[/QUOTE]
It is a solid single player campaign too. I only played it solo and it was my personal goty. You should give it a shot, you don't need friends to enjoy it, one size fits all :).

[quote name='Cheapskate']I know Unbound Saga is supposed to be a crap game, but the I decided to d/l the demo after someone's suggestion that it's like buying a 160ms points comic book avatar prop that comes with a crap game...and when the intro opened with the line "I had that dream again. The one with the rabbits," I was like "omg, buying!"

Surely I can't be the only one who still remembers The Maxx?[/QUOTE]

You surely aren't and it's in the Zune Marketplace.

I need a suggestion for the Red Dead Redemption DLC. I only enjoy playing the single player mode and I don't think I will play multiplayer mode anymore except co-op, should I get the DLC bundle or just the Undead Nightmare? Thanks

[quote name='urmomlikesme']I've heard the zombie island is very good. Mad Moxxy not so much. I'm not too familiar with the other dlc's. How many others are there? and are they worth getting the goty? or should i just pick up zombie island later (hopefully discounted price).[/QUOTE]

Claptrap provides another fun post-game storyline, though the drop rates for some of the collectible achievements make for a bit of a time sink. And even if you're playing in a group, the things you pick up only count toward your totals (unless there's been a patch that shares them). There also isn't a counter, so if you're interested in the achievements, try to keep track yourself.

Moxxi has no real storyline, just has a storage bank and arenas with short runs and long runs. The long runs will take quite a while to get through, and each one must be done in a single sitting, so set aside some time.

Also, take a close look at the packaging of the GOTY edition you pick up. Originally, it came with the main game disc and codes for the DLC, but I've read that Gearbox has also recently put out a 2 disc edition with all the DLC on a second disc. Apparently the package says "Includes a voucher" for DLC codes and just "Includes" for the 2nd disc. Reddjoey may want to include that in the DLC Discs section at the beginning of the topic.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/942810-borderlands/58372703

fax07a.jpg

[quote name='BudzMcGee']
If it makes a difference, the DLC actually installs from the disc for Fallout 3, meaning you could pick up the GOTY from gamestop, install the DLC and then return it. Seriously. That's why stuff comes in code form now. :lol:[/QUOTE]

wow, i thought it was code. thanks for the heads up.

I'll update the OP with the GOTY change soon. Can we track down a UPC, etc so that way I can expand on how to get the "right" one.

Edit: Nevermind the Gamefaqs thread will work.

OK, I came on here to day how embarassed I was that I misread (for weeks) that it was World of Keflings and not Kingdom of Keflings (the older one) that was on sale.

But the OP has World of Keflings listed so I didn't misread that. But it is actually Kingdom of Keflings that is on sale? Or is it both? I was just looking at the dashboard sale ad and it is definitely Kingdom of Keflings as it says I already have it.

Edit - the hell? Everyone else seems to be getting World of Keflings. I am looking at it right now - Kingdom of Keflings is on sale for 400 points in the April 1 sale ad thingy on the dashboard...

Edit #2: OK, I got it. I went looking for it in the A-Z list and couldn't find it at first until I doscovered it is actually "A World of Keflings" and thus listed under "A" :roll:. They are both on sale apparently. But that is pretty underhanded and sneaky to put the older one in the featured list - they probably suckered more than a few peope into buying that one when they intended to get the newer one!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']But the OP has World of Keflings listed so I didn't misread that. But it is actually Kingdom of Keflings that is on sale? Or is it both? I was just looking at the dashboard sale ad and it is definitely Kingdom of Keflings as it says I already have it.[/QUOTE]

It's both. World is part of this week's regular DotW, Kingdom is part of the Extreme Shopping extra sale that's also running now.

[quote name='toshii22']I need a suggestion for the Red Dead Redemption DLC. I only enjoy playing the single player mode and I don't think I will play multiplayer mode anymore except co-op, should I get the DLC bundle or just the Undead Nightmare? Thanks[/QUOTE]

If you don't plan on playing RDR online then just get Undead Nightmare.

Personally? I love the multiplayer and co-op and think your'e missing out!

[quote name='Bloomy']It's both. World is part of this week's regular DotW, Kingdom is part of the Extreme Shopping extra sale that's also running now.[/QUOTE]

Ah, OK, so it was this "Extreme Shopping" thing that is featured...

That sale just threw me off because I've been waiting for weeks for World of Keflings.

I'm crawling reviews now to see what else I might want: 3D Mini Golf, Gyromancer??

Both are on sale. Kingdom is part of this week's Extreme Shopping Sale, while World is the part of the Arcade Four-Play DotW sale.

[quote name='io']Ah, OK, so it was this "Extreme Shopping" thing that is featured...

That sale just threw me off because I've been waiting for weeks for World of Keflings.

I'm crawling reviews now to see what else I might want: 3D Mini Golf, Gyromancer??[/QUOTE]

gyromancer is worth the 400 ms points in my opinion, as for 3d minigolf 2 i'm still skeptical on this myself as well. i've got the original one and only difference I see between them is new characters and maps. Anyone care to let us know if 3d minigolf 2 is worth the purchase? the dlc for it is on sale too @ half price.

FYI it should probably be mentioned that this is the first time the Halo Wars DLC has been on sale so if you have that game I would suggest getting it now to get the bonus modes/missions/achievements if you enjoyed the game.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI it should probably be mentioned that this is the first time the Halo Wars DLC has been on sale so if you have that game I would suggest getting it now to get the bonus modes/missions/achievements if you enjoyed the game.[/QUOTE]

And in addition to that I would mention, again for those who may have missed it, that this is the DLC that comes with the platinum hits version, which is pretty much all you can find in stores now so if you plan to pick it up in the future, just an FYI.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']And in addition to that I would mention, again for those who may have missed it, that this is the DLC that comes with the platinum hits version, which is pretty much all you can find in stores now so if you plan to pick it up in the future, just an FYI.[/QUOTE]

I bought the LE off Amazon a few months ago for about $30. Should I pick up this DLC then? I haven't gotten around to play it yet. I'm assuming it's not in there since the LE's obviously aren't being made anymore and I assume this isn't Day 1 DLC. Is the DLC installed from the PH edition like the Fallout 3 GOTY or do you have to run it off the disc?

Bought World of Keflings and man I played it for like a straight hour earlier, hella addicting, ha. Xmen is next for that price.

Definitely in for X-Men. Nostalgia at a crackhead price. Going to spread the word to my goons too for multilayer purpose. Going to try out the World of Keflings demo since I've heard good things.

Grabbed Undead Nightmare Pack and 3D Ultra Mini Golf 2. Grabbing X-Men, Comic Jumper, and Understone DLC on Friday. This sale is pretty great.

OT: How long do xbox rewards take to go through? I bought some stuff in March (2 above purchases and new Reach maps), and I know 5% deal is through March.

[quote name='linkbear']Grabbed Undead Nightmare Pack and 3D Ultra Mini Golf 2. Grabbing X-Men, Comic Jumper, and Understone DLC on Friday. This sale is pretty great.

OT: How long do xbox rewards take to go through? I bought some stuff in March (2 above purchases and new Reach maps), and I know 5% deal is through March.[/QUOTE]

The 5% thing tallies up all points spent through March, and then adds it to your Rewards points a few days into April, so probably within the first week of April.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']With all these good deals, I hadn't noticed that Borderlands was $20 on Games on demand. I know the GOTY version is going to be that price during gamestops power saver sale but is the dlc worth me putting the disc in every time I want to play? I know that sounds super lazy but here's my case in point: I had Fable II on a normal disc and could not bear to play it. Then when it was free on the marketplace (due to glitch) I picked it up and completed the game. I guess I liked the convenience of having a game I like to play (FIFA, COD, etc) and then an RPG on my xbox that could boot up quickly and play a quest or two. I'm not a big fan of RPG's but I have played borderlands and did enjoy it until I got stuck somewhere. So thoughts?[/QUOTE]

dude, I've been feeling the exact same way lately. I wish I could get fifa on games on demand. I am, up until a few days ago, a firm believer in buying, playing, reselling. But the convenience is amazing. "They", the companies, knows this though... and they will capitalize on it. I just hope that soon there's a good middle ground in pricing that everybody is happy with. If FIFA 11 was on there for $40, I'd bite right now. But it would suck knowing that in two years they would cut off the servers. I cna't believe htey did this for FIFA 09

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI it should probably be mentioned that this is the first time the Halo Wars DLC has been on sale so if you have that game I would suggest getting it now to get the bonus modes/missions/achievements if you enjoyed the game.[/QUOTE]

I still think it's overpriced but I picked them up because like you said this is the first time they've gone on sale and it's been a while. I also love Halo Wars anyways.:)

Gyromancer's demo doesn't do the game justice in my opinion. If you like bejeweled gameplay with a bit more tactical hardcore rpg element behind it you'll like this game, esp at that price.

[quote name='Agrippan']Thinking about Costume Quest. Has anyone played it?[/QUOTE]

Costume Quest is great! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm just waiting for the DLC to go on sale now.

[quote name='Agrippan']Thinking about Costume Quest. Has anyone played it?[/QUOTE]

My favorite XBLA game of last year (Enjoyed it more than both Limbo or Deathspank) but I personally would wait until October to play it as it really is more enjoyable when you are in the Halloween spirit.

Is the Halo Wars DLC worth it at all if you don't plan to play online? I've yet to actually play the game, but I know I'd enjoy the offline mode.

Also, does anyone have the Grubbins on Ice DLC for Costume Quest? Does it fix the text speed issues at all? Maybe an option to adjust it?

[quote name='uglyteradon']If you don't plan on playing RDR online then just get Undead Nightmare.

Personally? I love the multiplayer and co-op and think your'e missing out![/QUOTE]

Thank you. :)

[quote name='toshii22']I need a suggestion for the Red Dead Redemption DLC. I only enjoy playing the single player mode and I don't think I will play multiplayer mode anymore except co-op, should I get the DLC bundle or just the Undead Nightmare? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I'm very doubtful I'll play multiplayer at all (unless it's co-op with friends online). Thinking of grabbing the bundle anyway just to make sure I have the definitive Red Dead experience.

Also, I had somehow missed the announcement of X-Men for 200 pts on Friday. Definitely in for that. :D

[quote name='Spybreak8']I still think it's overpriced but I picked them up because like you said this is the first time they've gone on sale and it's been a while. I also love Halo Wars anyways.:)

Gyromancer's demo doesn't do the game justice in my opinion. If you like bejeweled gameplay with a bit more tactical hardcore rpg element behind it you'll like this game, esp at that price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that tip about gyromancers demo not doing it justice. I tried the demo but wasnt super impressed.

Still I was tempted when I noticed this morning that it was on sale for 400 and not 800 like I originaly thought. Think I might just pick it up. I liked puzzle quest but got burned out towards the end of it and having to refight low level enemies over and over really irritated me. How does it compare to puzzle quest?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I bought the LE off Amazon a few months ago for about $30. Should I pick up this DLC then? I haven't gotten around to play it yet. I'm assuming it's not in there since the LE's obviously aren't being made anymore and I assume this isn't Day 1 DLC. Is the DLC installed from the PH edition like the Fallout 3 GOTY or do you have to run it off the disc?[/QUOTE]

It's a paper code, but you peel off the cover on the back of the card to reveal the numbers.

[quote name='donburns99']Is the Halo Wars DLC worth it at all if you don't plan to play online? I've yet to actually play the game, but I know I'd enjoy the offline mode.[/QUOTE]

yea you can play it thru skirmishes, which are fun. i found it tough to even get a game for the dlc online last time i played (a few months ago), but hopefully this sale will bring more people in with the dlc. gonna have to start playing again

edit: also, i read somewhere that the Undead Nightmare Bundle with all the Red Dead DLC works without having to have the actual game, is this true?

So I have Fallout:New Vegas but have not started it yet. Is the DLC worth $5. I know a lot of people say you just get money but since I have not started the game I thought having some extra cash could help.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I have Fallout:New Vegas but have not started it yet. Is the DLC worth $5. I know a lot of people say you just get money but since I have no started the game I thought have some extra cash could help.[/QUOTE]

well, if i were you i would wait a long while before starting the DLC. i was a pretty high level character and still got my ass kicked a lot bc of the hard enemies and lame weapons. of course you can turn down difficulty.... also, at least one of the achievements tied to the DLC requires you to pass a speech/science check that you need to have level 100 for. does that make sense, since you havent started yet?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']
edit: also, i read somewhere that the Undead Nightmare Bundle with all the Red Dead DLC works without having to have the actual game, is this true?[/QUOTE]

xbla based, no. Disc based, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back