XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a pretty sweet deal on my dashboard:
For $1 get 1 month of Gold plus 2 XBLA games (Lode Runner & R-Type).
Needless to say I jumped all over it. :)

Might and Magic is damn fun, but thanks to all the deals I find it hard to pay more then $10 for any game, and only reason I bought Torchlight for $15 was to support a possible Torchlight 2 on the 360, and of course play through the awesome game again.

Yar's Revenge was a huge surprise. The story looks stupid and no voice acting for the intro was wierd, but the gameplay is damn superb. It's about time we got a sin and punishment type game on the 360.

Yeah, I thought it was a glitch or something. It looked like there was suppose to be voice acting during the intro.

& yeah, when I tried the trial, I couldn't help but think of S&P, which is a good thing. I think that was the main deciding factor in getting it.

[quote name='ooga']I got a pretty sweet deal on my dashboard:
Needless to say I jumped all over it. :)[/QUOTE]

fuck! I just renewed mine yesterday because nothing good was showing up.

I forgot how much better the arcade version of Final Fight is over the SNES copy I've been playing for years. Really glad I bought it, even comes with the Final Fight episode of the Street Fighter animated show!

WTF!? how do you get that deal? I buy mine yearly and it's up in may. I would love to extend a month for a buck and get that deal!!

Picked up the Big Thrills Pack (Trials HD). You can never go wrong with contest-winning content, it's always the best of the best made by people who love the game 100x more than you do.

Peggle Nights next week. First thing I did when PvZ disc arrived was pop it in and complete the Peggle campaign (again). I still hate the crab claws just as much as ever.

Make sure you call to turn that auto-renewal off in your account. ;)

[quote name='KoRuPT']Make sure you call to turn that auto-renewal off in your account. ;)[/QUOTE]

I signed up with a prepaid AMX card that had only $3 on it. Now it has $2. They can try and charge it if they like :)

[quote name='Althax']WTF!? how do you get that deal? I buy mine yearly and it's up in may. I would love to extend a month for a buck and get that deal!![/QUOTE]

Mine was set to expire in May too, but I have different circumstances. I've never signed up for a traditional Gold account.
I connected to LIVE for the first time this past March and (by a stroke of luck I imagine) had a series of offers on the dashboard that allowed me to maintain Gold status one way or another. See below:

* 1 month of Gold free for signing on to LIVE (Expires 4 2011)
* 1 month of Gold for free + The Maw "on us" (Expires 5 2011)
* 1 month of Gold + Lode Runner & R-Type Dimensions for $1 (Expires 6 2011)

So all in all so far I've spent $1 and got 3 months of Gold and 3 XBLA games. Best $1 I have ever spent. ;)
Can't wait to see how MS gives me another month to get me through July. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ooga']I signed up with a prepaid AMX card that had only $3 on it. Now it has $2. They can try and charge it if they like :)[/QUOTE]

quick warning: my year xbl gold was up in december '10 and i didn't feel like calling in to cancel the auto-renewal/was busy with family stuff around christmas so i went online and got rid of all my payment information except a credit card that had been stolen and replaced about 7 months earlier (and thus inactive). i figured they would try to auto-renew, the card wouldn't go through and they would downgrade me to the free xbl. what ended up happening was they kept my gold running for about a month before they realized the mistake in payment then put m account on suspension (meaning i couldn't even use the marketplace).
So I called them and asked if they could just downgrade me to free so I could spend money on their games. They told me I'd have to pay for the year of gold before I could connect to XBL again. I started using another account but I couldn't access the indie games I'd bought on my main account because they need to connect to XBL. Luckily, sometime in late March I signed on to the suspended account and it gave me the message "your gold account has expired. would you like to renew?" and gave me an option to downgrade to the free account so I did that.
I don't know if this only happened because I was signed up for the yearly. Probably won't happen to you because it's a different deal, but just thought I'd put it out there.

tl;dr: always call in to turn off the auto-renewal or you might be suspended from using xbl at all, even the free subscrip.

[quote name='inbetweenphase']

tl;dr: always call in to turn off the auto-renewal or you might be suspended from using xbl at all, even the free subscrip.[/QUOTE]

Listen to this. It's not an isolated incident. I've heard a lot of stories about this happening.

[quote name='ooga']Mine was set to expire in May too, but I have different circumstances. I've never signed up for a traditional Gold account.
I connected to LIVE for the first time this past March and (by a stroke of luck I imagine) had a series of offers on the dashboard that allowed me to maintain Gold status one way or another. See below:

* 1 month of Gold free for signing on to LIVE (Expires 4 2011)
* 1 month of Gold for free + The Maw "on us" (Expires 5 2011)
* 1 month of Gold + Lode Runner & R-Type Dimensions for $1 (Expires 6 2011)

So all in all so far I've spent $1 and got 3 months of Gold and 3 XBLA games. Best $1 I have ever spent. ;)
Can't wait to see how MS gives me another month to get me through July. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's awesome.

[quote name='louiedog']
[quote name='inbetweenphase']always call in to turn off the auto-renewal or you might be suspended from using xbl at all, even the free subscrip.[/QUOTE]
Listen to this. It's not an isolated incident. I've heard a lot of stories about this happening.[/QUOTE]

It does happen ... A LOT. If MS attempt to charge your card on file, and payment is rejected, your account is put on "lock". You're unable make purchases on XBL Marketplace, redeem some codes, or make various changes to your account. At that point, the only way to unlock your account is to call Xbox Support and reconcile the charges, which is a MUCH BIGGER pain than simply turning auto-renewal off in the first place.

[quote name='nCogNeato']That's awesome.

It does happen ... A LOT. If MS attempt to charge your card on file, and payment is rejected, your account is put on "lock". You're unable make purchases on XBL Marketplace, redeem some codes, or make various changes to your account. At that point, the only way to unlock your account is to call Xbox Support and reconcile the charges, which is a MUCH BIGGER pain than simply turning auto-renewal off in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Moral of the story: don't purchase auto-renew deals on the Dashboard before contemplating the hidden "cost."

The game Outland by Ubisoft is coming to XBLA on April 27 for 800 MSP according to www.xblafans.com. That site also said Red Johnson's Chronicles will be out later this month. No price was mentioned for that game though.

[quote name='Zonic505']Wow, Yar's Revenge was added today?? That sure came out of nowhere. While I download the demo, does anyone here have any opinions of it?

Update: Well FINALLY. I'm sure I'm one of the only people looking forward to it, but Trouble Witches Neo FINALLY HAS A RELEASE DATE of April 27th.[/QUOTE]

In for Trouble Witches Neo day one. Thanks for the info on the date.

[quote name='nCogNeato']That's awesome.

It does happen ... A LOT. If MS attempt to charge your card on file, and payment is rejected, your account is put on "lock". You're unable make purchases on XBL Marketplace, redeem some codes, or make various changes to your account. At that point, the only way to unlock your account is to call Xbox Support and reconcile the charges, which is a MUCH BIGGER pain than simply turning auto-renewal off in the first place.[/QUOTE]

it ain't always that easy. the pone call when i called in was an absolute nightmare, the dude i talked to for over 30 minutes, every time i had asked him to just turn off auto renewal, he would make up an excuse and give me the runaround, over and over. i eventually just said okay fine leave it on, figuring i'd call back. i ended up just using a 3 month code which seemed to turn the auto renewal off. but the phone call was definitely not an easy/quick call.

there are so many games i have been wanting for so long on sale right now but i spent way too much cash on points with the sales they just had last week. shit. i dont know what to do.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Might and Magic is damn fun, but thanks to all the deals I find it hard to pay more then $10 for any game, and only reason I bought Torchlight for $15 was to support a possible Torchlight 2 on the 360, and of course play through the awesome game again.

Yar's Revenge was a huge surprise. The story looks stupid and no voice acting for the intro was wierd, but the gameplay is damn superb. It's about time we got a sin and punishment type game on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Yeah ditto.

So what's in the Trials HD Big Thrills Pack?

How long will it lasts? Is it ultra hard like the regular game?

[quote name='biledriver']In for Trouble Witches Neo day one. Thanks for the info on the date.[/QUOTE]

can Cave sue for this blatant rip of their game DeathSmiles, jeesh!:hot:

[quote name='destro4eva']can Cave sue for this blatant rip of their game DeathSmiles, jeesh!:hot:[/QUOTE]

That game is just as old and I think it came out before Deathsmiles ;)

I've been waiting on ilomilo for so long. I've always wanted it, but knew I wouldn't get around to playing it for a while, the time has come!

With those free arcade games for renewing xbox live, do they e-mail you codes for the game at another time or something? I saw nothing about the 2 free games except for on the banner that I originally clicked from the dashboard.

[quote name='Armads']I've been waiting on ilomilo for so long. I've always wanted it, but knew I wouldn't get around to playing it for a while, the time h
has come![/QUOTE] I keep seeing people mention ilomilo going on sale but I don't see it? When does it go on sale?

I'm only a little bit into it, but I'm really having fun with Yar's Revenge. Came out of nowhere for me!

Anyone who enjoys Panzer Dragoon/Rez/Sin & Punishment should at least give the demo a shot.

[quote name='WTFer']So what's in the Trials HD Big Thrills Pack?

How long will it lasts? Is it ultra hard like the regular game?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. I am going to be buying Trials HD, but I don't know if I need the DLC. Hard to know now if I will crave more before playing through the game...

I picked up the Noble Map Pack for Halo last night. I can't wait to play this. I have neglected the game for awhile so this should help me get back into it.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']With those free arcade games for renewing xbox live, do they e-mail you codes for the game at another time or something? I saw nothing about the 2 free games except for on the banner that I originally clicked from the dashboard.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they state that it takes 4-6 weeks for the codes to be emailed to you. My code for The Maw took around 3 weeks or so f I remember correctly. I thought I was supposed to get Aqua for free as well but no big loss.
I won't expect my codes for R-type and Lode Runner for a while. Luckily I have a mountain of games that I don't have time to play as it is.

[quote name='kellte2']I'm wondering the same thing. I am going to be buying Trials HD, but I don't know if I need the DLC. Hard to know now if I will crave more before playing through the game...[/QUOTE]

I'd say play it and see how much you get into the game. It's been stated that the pack isn't all extreme tracks but varying difficulties. So it wouldn't necessarily be something you buy and can't beat any of it.

Thanks for the info on trouble witches!

On another note, I was really excited about Yars revenge. But the controls feel like utter trash to me. Those types of games just don't need to be a twin stick shooter. I tried to play that, but (with a lot of games these days) they lost me due to bad controls and lack of being able to customize controls.

[quote name='crunchewy']Decided to buy The Writer even though I haven't started Alan Wake yet. Hopefully it doesn't prove to be a waste of points.[/QUOTE]

If you have any interest in Alan Wake, it's worth it. I agree with most of the posts in this topic, The Signal was more or less just filler combat. The Writer is for better or worse probably the closest thing to an ending we'll get with Alan Wake, so I'd definitely say it's worth it for $3.50.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I'd say play it and see how much you get into the game. It's been stated that the pack isn't all extreme tracks but varying difficulties. So it wouldn't necessarily be something you buy and can't beat any of it.[/QUOTE]

The DLC packs for Trials HD are both worth it, especially when on sale, but even if not. They are bargains.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Quake Arena Arcade is now 800 ms points as part of April's recently reduced items.[/QUOTE]

Now we wait for the 400pt sale.

[quote name='seanr1221']Now we wait for the 400pt sale.[/QUOTE]

By then you'll probably be 1 of very few still playing it. So many sales going on and then the gears 3 beta is coming soon+sales for tomorrow. Busy times for 360 gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back