XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zonic505']So, any opinions on Fancy Pants Adventure? I'll probably try the demo out (I tried one of the online versions), though I most likely will wait until it's on sale for $5 (seeing as I've probably already spend a good amount this month, including what I'll be getting next week).[/QUOTE]

It's a Flash game at Kongregate.com... You run really fast and can run on walls and stuff, which is fun. But the Flash version is kind of simplistic, so I'm not sure I'd spend money on it.

[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']Quick question about peggle nights. Is it able to be played as a stand alone, or do I have to own peggle on the xbox first? I ask because I have the original peggle through steam, and I don't want to have to buy it again to be able to play nights.[/QUOTE]
That's hilarious, thinking DLC from Steam would carry over to a different company & payment system. I have "Plants vs. Zombies" on 360, but I certainly wouldn't expect to magically unlock the same game on NDS, PS3, Steam, iOS, Android, and my microwave oven.
[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']Thanks.[/QUOTE]
No, thank YOU for a hearty chuckle on a Wednesday morning, you cheapskate. :)

[quote name='sainrub']A Konami sale would be excellent and even more so if the new Rush N Attack would be included. But as long as all the classic arcade games + Contra Hard Corps are there im good. :D[/QUOTE]
You're aware that the new Rush'n'Attack is one of the worst-reviewed games on XBLA? There's a good chance you'll see it on sale later in 2011, only because they'll need to recuperate the dev-costs, now that word is out about how badly it does platforming & combat:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/rushn-attack-ex-patriot/critic-reviews

[quote name='Zonic505']Just a FYI, Moon Diver has been confirmed for XBLA on May 4th.[/QUOTE]

Finally, some XBLA titles I have been wanting to come out are coming out. Troube Witches Neo, Nin2 Jump, and Moon Diver...here I come

Anyone played Moon Diver on PSN? Looks interesting, I'll most likely try the demo for it.

Comes out same day as Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury. Wonder if Microsoft will do another month of 5% back.

I'm debating between Gunstar Heroes and Peggle Nights. I played the demo of Gunstar and loved it. Peggle isn't great for my plasma TV though lol.

[quote name='Cornelius']That's hilarious, thinking DLC from Steam would carry over to a different company & payment system. I have "Plants vs. Zombies" on 360, but I certainly wouldn't expect to magically unlock the same game on NDS, PS3, Steam, iOS, Android, and my microwave oven.

No, thank YOU for a hearty chuckle on a Wednesday morning, you cheapskate. :)[/QUOTE]

MAJOR FAIL!!! Dude, read what he's asking again.
He didn't say anything about transferring the DLC over to the 360. He said that since he already owns Peggle on the PC he does not want to buy it again for the 360 just to play Nights. If nights was a standalone game he would buy it for the 360.

So thank You for the hearty chuckle!! :applause:

Rabidmuskrat> Just buy nights through Steam for your PC so you can use it with your copy of Peggle.

[quote name='Cornelius']That's hilarious, thinking DLC from Steam would carry over to a different company & payment system. I have "Plants vs. Zombies" on 360, but I certainly wouldn't expect to magically unlock the same game on NDS, PS3, Steam, iOS, Android, and my microwave oven.

No, thank YOU for a hearty chuckle on a Wednesday morning, you cheapskate. :)[/QUOTE]

I wasn't sure if the nights stuff was considered DLC or not. The main stuff I had read described it simply as a sequel. I was merely wanting to know if it was a standalone product.

Though on these boards, I'd probably consider the cheapskate comment a compliment. :p

Guess I'll just pick up Ecco instead.

[quote name='Cornelius']That's hilarious, thinking DLC from Steam would carry over to a different company & payment system. I have "Plants vs. Zombies" on 360, but I certainly wouldn't expect to magically unlock the same game on NDS, PS3, Steam, iOS, Android, and my microwave oven.[/QUOTE]

Actually Rabidmuskrat has a good question. For example you don't need Dragon Age on the Xbox to play Awakening (disc version). So if you did own Dragon Age on the PC you could still buy Awakening (disc version) on the 360 and play it. He isn't asking if he can transfer Peggle from the PC to the Xbox. Just whether or not Peggle: Nights is a stand-alone expansion.

So thank you for your hilarity in not understanding that persons question.

And to Rabidmuskrat's question. I would lean towards no, but that is only because I have yet to hear of an Xbox 360 arcade game's expansion being stand alone.

EDIT: Damn ooga beat me to answer this... Still i'm liking our common comments.

Do you know what would be awesome on XBL? If you could buy arcade games/add-ons and gift them to your friends, just like how you can do that on Steam

[quote name='ooga']Interesting!! I already have the games on various *cough*emulators*cough*. But it would be nice to play them (if I ever do) on a big screen TV. Kinda wish they had some achievements tied to the Shining games.[/QUOTE]

If your computer and tv had an HDMI port..you could always still play them on a big screen, and a controller ;)

Just thought I would give you guys a heads up...

MARS for Pinball FX2 released today for 240 MSP ($3). Not really a deal, but a very fair and reasonale price none the less.

They are following up this release with a tournament on MARS starting in about 2 weeks.

See you guys on the leaderboards.

[quote name='Zonic505']Anyone played Moon Diver on PSN? Looks interesting, I'll most likely try the demo for it.[/QUOTE]

Played the demo myself. I liked it. Going to wait for a sale though. (Big surprise)

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Haha that's great. DLC that's neat but effectively more of the same? Old mundane Sega games that are available elsewhere cheaper? Random avatar stuff for half off? Well gosh darn it, guess I'll go without groceries this week.[/QUOTE]

LOL true. But take a look at my CAG name and take a guess why I bought Sega stuff and Sonic stuff. I've been a diehard Sonic fan for over 20 years

(But I admit, the last 10 or 11 years have basically sucked being a Sonic fan and a Sega fan). But of course I'm buying this shit to play it in HD and for Achievements.

[quote name='Pck21']I'm debating between Gunstar Heroes and Peggle Nights. I played the demo of Gunstar and loved it. Peggle isn't great for my plasma TV though lol.[/QUOTE]

Haha, damn I never thought of that. I guess games like Peggle, Plants vs Zombies, Zuma, etc. might screw up your plasma TV after long play sessions. That sucks.

[quote name='polo14player']So should I get outrun???[/QUOTE]

TRUE+NEUTRAL+MOTIVATIONAL+POSTER.jpg

Try the demo? I tried it a while back when it was last on sale and didn't think much of it. It didn't seem to age well. I thought the controls were terrible, in particular. YMMV.

[quote name='Gustav']Do you know what would be awesome on XBL? If you could buy arcade games/add-ons and gift them to your friends, just like how you can do that on Steam[/QUOTE]This, & the ability to gift points would also be neat. Nintendo allows you to gift games and send it to others via Wii, why can't Microsoft (& Sony, for that matter) do the same?

[quote name='Zonic505']This, & the ability to gift points would also be neat. Nintendo allows you to gift games and send it to others via Wii, why can't Microsoft (& Sony, for that matter) do the same?[/QUOTE]

I suspect that it's to cut down on rampant fraud that would likely occur. You already hear stories of folks who send codes to others over XBL in exchange for stuff...I feel like this would just increase the likelihood of that happening.

Why? I'm not sure why, but I feel like that's at least part of the reason.

[quote name='Skydude']I suspect that it's to cut down on rampant fraud that would likely occur. You already hear stories of folks who send codes to others over XBL in exchange for stuff...I feel like this would just increase the likelihood of that happening.

Why? I'm not sure why, but I feel like that's at least part of the reason.[/QUOTE]

But how would it be fraud? Since you don't get to keep the game and once you gift it off, it's your friend's property now

[quote name='adiras']I bought Ilomilo because I have extra points from Bing, and it is a cool game.[/QUOTE]

i bought it and thoroughly enjoy it, its cuteness level is off of the charts.

[quote name='drStaton']i bought it and thoroughly enjoy it, its cuteness level is off of the charts.[/QUOTE]
Finished the first world and that was enough for me to buy the DLC just so they can get a bit more support.

[quote name='Cornelius']There's a good chance you'll see it on sale later in 2011[/QUOTE]

I hope so, I liked the demo and thought it had a good mix of stealth and exploration.

Here's what I said a couple of pages back:

It's a classic driving game with great graphics, slick cars, ridiculous drifting, scenic locales and awesome music. It's cheap and about to be delisted. Buy it!!

I totally disagree with crunc saying it hasn't aged well. The formula of driving and drifting a babe through scenic locales in a Ferrari at super fast speeds never gets old for me, and the graphics look excellent! The controls are great once you understand how to drift. The cars handle unrealistically because it's an unrealistic arcade game.

OOA is a great revival of a classic. If you like racing games, Ferraris, corny SEGA music, etc. you will regret not picking it up once it's delisted, especially at 50% off. I can't stress my love for OutRun enough!

[quote name='Zonic505']This, & the ability to gift points would also be neat. Nintendo allows you to gift games and send it to others via Wii, why can't Microsoft (& Sony, for that matter) do the same?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Skydude']I suspect that it's to cut down on rampant fraud that would likely occur. You already hear stories of folks who send codes to others over XBL in exchange for stuff...I feel like this would just increase the likelihood of that happening.

Why? I'm not sure why, but I feel like that's at least part of the reason.[/QUOTE]

I could see people setting up new accounts, and spamming things like using live rewards to activate netflix for the first time, and so forth to get points and then forward it to their account. I haven't put a lot of thought into how to scam the system, but I'm sure plenty would have ideas. There have been times though that if I could of sent someone points from my account I would have just to get them to buy a game I really wanted to co-op.

Meanwhile, I've got a lot of classic Sega gaming to try out...

Oh and semi unrelated shameless self promotion, giving away a copy of Yar's Revenge on my site this week. See the sig.

Ms points from rewards get posted to that same account so no way to scam them. Don't mess a good thing up for the rest of us. Section 8: Prejudice was released today as well.

Is anyone struggling with Virtual On? The rose colored glasses are off and this game controls awful. It looks great and is a blast when you get lucky enough to dodge incoming attacks but I find the simple act of turning to be a challenge.

I saw that there is a new game in the fanchise that was released in Japan. I posted a few questions about it in the Requests forum. I hope it comes stateside else I'm going have to do my first import in 7 years.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Is anyone struggling with Virtual On? The rose colored glasses are off and this game controls awful. It looks great and is a blast when you get lucky enough to dodge incoming attacks but I find the simple act of turning to be a challenge.

I saw that there is a new game in the fanchise that was released in Japan. I posted a few questions about it in the Requests forum. I hope it comes stateside else I'm going have to do my first import in 7 years.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/user/schoolyd#grid/user/0D63F39693A3197A

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Is anyone struggling with Virtual On? The rose colored glasses are off and this game controls awful. It looks great and is a blast when you get lucky enough to dodge incoming attacks but I find the simple act of turning to be a challenge.

I saw that there is a new game in the fanchise that was released in Japan. I posted a few questions about it in the Requests forum. I hope it comes stateside else I'm going have to do my first import in 7 years.[/QUOTE]

It won't make it stateside, it's region free and cheap tho.

So, Sonic 4 worth that price? I have 1800 points, and the only thing I want is Arrival ME2, so I got stuff to spend. Is it worth 800?

[quote name='MrNEWZ']... did you seriously just ask if they'd put a game up for free?[/QUOTE]

Wow, random hate for a legitimate question. First off, I said "very VERY unlikely" and second, my rationale is not too crazy...a few small reasons, but this is actually pretty much it....

[quote name='Thrinn']They've offered a few non-promotional XBLA games for free in the past for the U.S. region, such as Undertow and Texas Hold'em, but those free games are few and far between. I really doubt Outrun will ever be offered for free, especially since Sega has to pay licensing fees for this particular game.[/QUOTE]

Again, there is a reason I said unlikely; but what is the harm in asking for input? [EDIT: This is directed at MrNEWZ, not Thrinn]

[quote name='Stimes']Peggle Nights works just fine with the PvZ disc, just got it last night and it's great.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, if it works with PvZ disc it will probably work with my Pop Cap disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd buy Sonic 4, but I'm waiting for more episodes and then a "full version" of the game after that.

As for the other sonics (1-3 & Knuckles)... in for one each.

Also, Ilomilo is a solid game... bought the DLC as well. Fun little puzzler. :)

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Again, there is a reason I said unlikely; but what is the harm in asking for input?[/QUOTE]

There's no harm at all. I was just agreeing with you on how unlikely it would be.

[quote name='teknomedic']I'd buy Sonic 4, but I'm waiting for more episodes and then a "full version" of the game after that.
[/QUOTE]

They screwed up episode 1. If they fix the other episodes, I figure they'll tweak episode 1 with the improvements they made to the other episodes when they put it on disc. Going to be a long wait, though.

Found a temp solution to the streets of rage problem. If I redownload it from within the game, and press continue, it unlocks for me. I have to do this every time I exit the game. Annoying but will do for now.

[quote name='Thrinn']There's no harm at all. I was just agreeing with you on how unlikely it would be.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, sorry Thrinn if it didn't seem like it, I was just referencing what you said, rather than retype it all out; since what you said was the major reason for thinking there could be a possibility. Probably should have formatted the post better.

[quote name='gotdott']slightly off topic but does anyone know if getting points from bing rewards is instant or do you have to wait a set period of time?[/QUOTE]

In my experience, the Bing payouts seem to be random or at least based on their backlog. I've gotten points the same week I requested them some times, other times it's taken about a month or more.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']What do you guys think for PvZ? Spend 800 MSP or $3 for the iPhone?[/QUOTE]

Here's what I found. It seems like the XBLA version has many more gameplay options over the iOS version:

In the iOS version of the game, the puzzle mode and Zen Garden are removed. The Xbox Live Arcade version of the game includes 5 multiplayer modes, both co-operative and competitive, additional mini-games and a virtual house where players can show off their achievements to friends

Imo if it's just something you'll play to pass time a few minutes at a time, then you might as well get it for your iphone. It is fun, but 800 points can be used in better ways.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Oh no, sorry Thrinn if it didn't seem like it, I was just referencing what you said, rather than retype it all out; since what you said was the major reason for thinking there could be a possibility. Probably should have formatted the post better.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. My mistake. ;)

You must not be very good at VO. It's not a game you can just pick up quickly.

(I played alot of VO in high school, and we did alot of VO matches over Netlink, while the controls weren't dual arcade stick perfect, they seemed perfectly fine for the 360.)

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']What do you guys think for PvZ? Spend 800 MSP or $3 for the iPhone?[/QUOTE]

I'm a heavy iPhone user and I say it's a tossup, honestly. I loved it on PC and XBLA. Was nice to sit back and coop with the gf or pump out 10 hour long survival mode attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back