XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I will hold off on the wiki until I see how this semester starts to flow. If all goes well, I will still update the OP in the afternoons after classes. If I start to fall behind, I will consider the wiki again.

[quote name='ooga']I am hoping for more stuff @ 50%. C'mon Shank!! :)[/QUOTE]

Has Shank ever been discounted? Want it but not at full price.

[quote name='biledriver']Has Shank ever been discounted? Want it but not at full price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got it for either 800 or 600 points earlier this year. Great deal at that price. :)

Wonder if they will ever put the street fighter costume packs on sale. The CAG in me won't let me go anywhere near the 1440 ms points for them.

[quote name='Zonic505']Another Atari remake, Star Raiders, is coming to XBLA Wed., confirmed by Nelson[/QUOTE]

Star Raiders was probably my favorite game of the Atari era. Didn't like the 2600 version (too stripped down and graphically stinky) but the 5200 version (which I had) and the computer version were fantastic. Will be interested to see how this turns out, but it's definitely not a blind buy for me, based on the video I saw. Looks nothing like the original.

Still no word on price drops for May? someone jinxed it. just because YOU have a backlog doesn't mean you should pray that no more good deals/discounted sales should be given to us. damn u cager who jinxed us! lol ah more dlc on sale this week that has been on sale numerous times, oh well.

i know this isnt the exact right place, but people in this thread more helpful than any other, so heres 2 Gears of war 3 beta codes, PLEASE post when theyve been used.

PRHPQ-K4VR9-2HFRG-GP7DJ-GYPGZ
TC2JW-QJ77M-PJRVV-2KVW9-JMFDZ

[quote name='bajingo']i know this isnt the exact right place, but people in this thread more helpful than any other, so heres 2 Gears of war 3 beta codes, PLEASE post when theyve been used.

TC2JW-QJ77M-PJRVV-2KVW9-JMFDZ[/QUOTE]
I got the first one, many thanks to you!

[quote name='bajingo']i know this isnt the exact right place, but people in this thread more helpful than any other, so heres 2 Gears of war 3 beta codes, PLEASE post when theyve been used.

TC2JW-QJ77M-PJRVV-2KVW9-JMFDZ[/QUOTE]

TC2JW-QJ77M-PJRVV-2KVW9-JMFDZ used. Thanks much!

Join public games, you don't have to play the full game to get credit for a match. Join late and play TDM for 90 Matches. 100 Kills comes easy as well

[quote name='gundamb0i']You Still need a play 90 games to unlock the gold Retro lancer and a 100 kill's to unlock it for Retail.[/QUOTE]

forgot about that as i been playing for a while sorry

as another said TDM till 90 games are up then king the hill after

[quote name='dowlichr']anyone have an extra Gears of Wars code for me? PM me, Thanks[/QUOTE]

Wrong thread/forum. Please don't beg for codes here.

It'd be nice if the Games on Demand version of Borderlands was 50% off...I need a replacement for my scratched copy. They never put On Demand Games on sale.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']It'd be nice if the Games on Demand version of Borderlands was 50% off...I need a replacement for my scratched copy. They never put On Demand Games on sale.[/QUOTE]
It's only $12.99 used at Amazon. You could probably install it to the hard drive and used your scratched disc for DRM verification. Then you could trade back your copy for $8.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']It'd be nice if the Games on Demand version of Borderlands was 50% off...I need a replacement for my scratched copy. They never put On Demand Games on sale.[/QUOTE]

You may want to check your local Toys R Us. I've seen the PS3 vanilla version of Borderlands for $7 there with their current "30% off of clearance games" sale. Maybe the 360 version has seen a similar cut.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']It's only $12.99 used at Amazon. You could probably install it to the hard drive and used your scratched disc for DRM verification. Then you could trade back your copy for $8.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thrinn']You may want to check your local Toys R Us. I've seen the PS3 vanilla version of Borderlands for $7 there with their current "30% off of clearance games" sale. Maybe the 360 version has seen a similar cut.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for both of these suggestions. The last I checked it was floating around $20 along with the GotY version and I just hated the idea of paying for the dlc which I already have. I'll have to check TRU this week and get it on amazon if I have no luck.

[quote name='Thrinn']You may want to check your local Toys R Us. I've seen the PS3 vanilla version of Borderlands for $7 there with their current "30% off of clearance games" sale. Maybe the 360 version has seen a similar cut.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that definately makes me want to drive to my local TRU. Wasnt aware the clearance had dropped that low.

On a side note, i still cant freaking decide whether or not to buy the Castlevania stages

The stages are a rip off in my opinion and have no achievements. Only way I see someone buying the stages is if they play the game often and are a hardcore fan. You'd still have to buy characters and what not to get the full, complete experience or you could just buy HoD and that's it & still get 200gs.

[quote name='intoxicated662']The stages are a rip off in my opinion and have no achievements. Only way I see someone buying the stages is if they play the game often and are a hardcore fan. You'd still have to buy characters and what not to get the full, complete experience or you could just buy HoD and that's it & still get 200gs.[/QUOTE]

So, the only reason to buy the stages is if you actually enjoy the game and aren't just an achievement whore? Got it.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Good point, i'll use my points on Bangai or something then. I bet that Castlevania HD will end up getting a retail disc somehow soon anyway

[quote name='eastx']It might not ever get a disc release though... IMO if you actually like the game, buying the DLC is a must. But if you don't care about playing it any more,. you can pass.[/QUOTE]

I like it, but i just cant force myself to put hundreds of hours into that game

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Wow, that's sudden. Yar's Revenge was announced months in advance and there were gameplay trailers and everything.[/QUOTE]

I'm on Atari's press list and I know they emailed me about this about a month ago, but it was the first I heard about it.

Wow I'm glad I just checked xbox.com. If you buy the maps from the dashboard they missed one that one sale apparently. There was one map I could still buy at a discount. I would have been pissed if I missed it. It's possibly just me and I managed to skip one on the dashboard but still, not cool.

[quote name='intoxicated662']The stages are a rip off in my opinion and have no achievements. Only way I see someone buying the stages is if they play the game often and are a hardcore fan. You'd still have to buy characters and what not to get the full, complete experience or you could just buy HoD and that's it & still get 200gs.[/QUOTE]

It's crazy to me how so many people hinge purchasing decisions on gamerscore and achievements. What about fresh gameplay, good artwork, diverse environments, different enemies, added equipment, and new music? Oh no no, if I can't get 10 more GS added to my gamertag for completing some mundane task like jumping on someone's head 30 times in a row, the DLC is a total rip. :whistle2:s

I am not a hardcore fan and am very glad I bought all the DLC stages for 50% off.

[quote name='bsmiff']It's crazy to me how so many people hinge purchasing decisions on gamerscore and achievements. What about fresh gameplay, good artwork, diverse environments, different enemies, added equipment, and new music? Oh no no, if I can't get 10 more GS added to my gamertag for completing some mundane task like jumping on someone's head 30 times in a row, the DLC is a total rip. :whistle2:s

I am not a hardcore fan and am very glad I bought all the DLC stages for 50% off.[/QUOTE]

I kind of agree with intoxicated. Not because of achievement-boosting, but just the fact of how badly Konami tried to squeeze every lemon out of this game

[quote name='bsmiff']
I am not a hardcore fan and am very glad I bought all the DLC stages for 50% off.[/QUOTE]

I tried to add 800 points to my account but MS doesn't want to process my card for some reason... I was gonna grab SOTN (thankfully I have my old PSX copy) and Ch. 7... oh well, that's what I get for procrastinating. Hopefully another Konami sale rolls along sometime :(... with the character DLC discounted as well.

About the DLC... yea it does kinda blow having to purchase a bunch of DLC to get the "full game" This seems to be one of the games that milks DLC to its fullest. Like I said before, I ended up passing on Ch.7 but got all the other stages. The 2 retro stages are pure awesome sauce! Those 2 are def worth the measly $3 on sale. I haven't had any experience on the SOTN remake levels though, but I'm thinking those will be a lot of fun too.

Disappointed in this weeks upcoming sales... Come on MS, discount some of your awesome exclusive XBLA games due to PSN being down, and will be for the remainder of the month at least.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wow I'm glad I just checked xbox.com. If you buy the maps from the dashboard they missed one that one sale apparently. There was one map I could still buy at a discount. I would have been pissed if I missed it. It's possibly just me and I managed to skip one on the dashboard but still, not cool.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too, its the Lord of the Flies stage right? Weird that its not under the highlights.

Playing Castlevania: HoD with CAGs was a lot of fun. But man those DLC stages seem tough, gotta work on those ;)

Just visited the Deal of the Week site. Nothing interesting to me. Two DLC from Borderlands, Mafia 2, and Bioshock 2, and an avatar item each.

[quote name='biledriver']So, the only reason to buy the stages is if you actually enjoy the game and aren't just an achievement whore? Got it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Why couldn't some of the content be FREE? Monday night combat among games have given out free dlc and seems like we're getting incomplete games nowadays. Support the games you like and enjoy playing then, pay for the dlc if you want it's your choice. I'll wait for a better sale or a retail disc with everything instead. I bought Lumines @ launch and learned my lesson.

[quote name='kitpowers007']Just visited the Deal of the Week site. Nothing interesting to me. Two DLC from Borderlands, Mafia 2, and Bioshock 2, and an avatar item each.[/QUOTE]

Good to have an off week.

[quote name='sp8001']I tried to add 800 points to my account but MS doesn't want to process my card for some reason... I was gonna grab SOTN (thankfully I have my old PSX copy) and Ch. 7... oh well, that's what I get for procrastinating. Hopefully another Konami sale rolls along sometime :(... with the character DLC discounted as well.
[/QUOTE]

When this happens you could always enter your code through your Xbox directly or when you go to Xbox.com go to add points (which is just under your name in the top right corner) and then select redeem code from the available options. For whatever reason this "redeem code" page which is specific just to points codes, is way more reliable than the standard redeem code page listed under "My Xbox".

Figured I'd post what is on the deal page...

Mafia 2
--------
Joe's Adventure Add-On - 400msp
Jimmy's Vendetta Add-On - 400msp

Bioshock 2
-------------
Minerva's Den Add-On - 400msp
The Protector Trials Add-On - 200msp

Borderlands
--------------
Secret Armory Add-On - 400msp
New Revolution Add-On - 400msp