XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrNEWZ']
I think we're on the same page...[/QUOTE]

We are. Good to know about FGN3 though. I'll have to keep my eye out for a good deal on it.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Has a sale advice question. I just played the Torchlight demo and enjoyed it a lot. I know at this point it's been out for a little while and its sequel is right around the corner in July. So I was wondering if I should hold off for a sale soon (Ala the Portal sale when Portal 2 came out) or if you think a sale is prob not anytime soon and I should just go for it.[/QUOTE]

My opinion of Torchlight is that it's like any other repetitive dungeon crawler, which isn't necessarily bad except for the fact that the story is barely there. If you have a backlog, I recommend waiting for the sale.

[quote name='Jhuntley']We're probably the only ones who want that horse armor.[/QUOTE]

i would but i already own it :D

[quote name='gotdott']My opinion of Torchlight is that it's like any other repetitive dungeon crawler, which isn't necessarily bad except for the fact that the story is barely there. If you have a backlog, I recommend waiting for the sale.[/QUOTE]

thats how i felt when i played the demo. i was expecting more but i kept getting this game confused with trine. if it drops to 600 i will bite

[quote name='bajingo']thats how i felt when i played the demo. i was expecting more but i kept getting this game confused with trine. if it drops to 600 i will bite[/QUOTE]

If you like Diablo then you'll love Torchlight. I've already beaten it on the PC last year so I'll wait for a sale to pick up the XBLA version.

somehow i missed the diablo series back in the day. that was about when i discovered drugs as a teenager so my priorities shifted.. had the dreamcast era pass me by too. IF it goes on sale ill give it another shot, diablo looked cool i remember. thanks ooga

[quote name='bajingo']somehow i missed the diablo series back in the day. that was about when i discovered drugs as a teenager so my priorities shifted.. had the dreamcast era pass me by too. IF it goes on sale ill give it another shot, diablo looked cool i remember. thanks ooga[/QUOTE]

If you haven't played Diablo 2, get that over this. Diablo 2's story is great from start to finish and carries itself well over its various acts. Torchlight gives off the same vibe but is nothing more than a cheap knockoff with a 2 hour story. Definitely wait for a sale on Torchlight, but I'd recommend getting it on steam for < $5 unless you're interested in achievements. The D2 bundle has been on sale for < $15 several times and it's well worth that.

[quote name='gotdott']If you haven't played Diablo 2, get that over this. Diablo 2's story is great from start to finish and carries itself well over its various acts. Torchlight gives off the same vibe but is nothing more than a cheap knockoff with a 2 hour story. Definitely wait for a sale on Torchlight, but I'd recommend getting it on steam for < $5 unless you're interested in achievements. The D2 bundle has been on sale for < $15 several times and it's well worth that.[/QUOTE]

Completely disagree with this. I prefer both Torchlight and the original Diablo to Diablo 2. Never cared for that one. Also wish Baldur's Gate 2 Dark Alliance wasn't so rare for the original xbox.

Torchlight is a loot grind, if you like those games then you will get your money's worth. Plus it supports the game makers who almost didn't release it on anything but PC.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Hmm, well Torchlight 2 comes out in July. A sale would probably knock 50% off, so just set the wait = to the price, is $7.50 off worth the 1-2 month wait?
Like, if a game-maker promised you 1-2 month early access to this game for that $7.50, would you consider it worth paying extra for it?[/QUOTE]

Normally I would agree with this, but despite all that had been reported and stated previously, not too long ago the Runic Games twitter said there were no plans "currently" for an XBLA version of Torchlight II. I'm mostly confused by this because when the game was delayed till July the stated reason was due to the XBLA version, so hopefully they simply misspoke or I misunderstood what they were saying. (They were responding to someone who had asked about Torchlight II on XBLA)

*EDIT* From the Runic Games Twitter: "No plans for a XBLA version of TL2 at this time so you may be waiting a while....we're hopeful though." later on hey also said that they would like to but aren't working on it till TL2 for PC is "out the door." Which could mean finished or released. Long story short, if the guy who is solely responsible for handeling all the press for Runic Games can be trusted, we probably won't see Torchlight II on XBLA this summer, least not till late.

Otherwise, I loved Torchlight, it is a great dungeon crawler. Yeah the story is a bit weak, but there is a lot of game there, its fun and just light enough to play in your spare time.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Normally I would agree with this, but despite all that had been reported and stated previously, not too long ago the Runic Games twitter said there were no plans "currently" for an XBLA version of Torchlight II. I'm mostly confused by this because when the game was delayed till July the stated reason was due to the XBLA version, so hopefully they simply misspoke or I misunderstood what they were saying. (They were responding to someone who had asked about Torchlight II on XBLA)

Otherwise, I loved Torchlight, it is a great dungeon crawler. Yeah the story is a bit weak, but there is a lot of game there, its fun and just light enough to play in your spare time.[/QUOTE]

From what I read elsewhere, Torchlight II for PC/Mac was delayed because they were working on the XBLA version of the first game and they are not currently working on the sequel for XBLA.

[quote name='louiedog']From what I read elsewhere, Torchlight II for PC/Mac was delayed because they were working on the XBLA version of the first game and they are not currently working on the sequel for XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's where I'm confused. I updated my earlier comment with details of what they said on Twitter.

Wow, thanks for all the info guys, I love CAG. :) I've played the demo almost all day today and thinking I may get it at full price just to help insure that TL 2 does in fact make it to XBLA. This game + online & couch Multiplayer would be amazing.

Reading about Torchlight got me to thinking about Dungeon Defenders. I read the review for it in the recent OXM and am super excited for it. I may even be willing to shell out (shudder) the $15 they expect it to be if the timing is right and I have nothing better to play.

I've looked everywhere for a release date and cannot find one. Anyone know of anything? I would hope it's sooner than later if there is a review up for it but that's of course no guarantee.

[quote name='PenguinJim']There's that D&D looty dungeon crawler from Atari that comes out on XBLA next week. Dagger something, or something dagger.[/QUOTE]

Daggerdale :p

damn ok ive decided against it. dungeons get old. period. i love bethesda games too but moving through endless similar looking dungeons/caves makes me a little insane. an xbla game that doesnt change scenery much gets stale faster.

-ill be checking dagger dale, im convinced i can be turned with the right game

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Reading about Torchlight got me to thinking about Dungeon Defenders. I read the review for it in the recent OXM and am super excited for it. I may even be willing to shell out (shudder) the $15 they expect it to be if the timing is right and I have nothing better to play.

I've looked everywhere for a release date and cannot find one. Anyone know of anything? I would hope it's sooner than later if there is a review up for it but that's of course no guarantee.[/QUOTE]

I was pretty excited about DD back when it had a November 2010 release date, then it got bumped to 2011, and since then I've seen/heard absolutely nothing about it - plus it's a $10 game (or was, when I last checked). Hard to keep my interest up when it seems to have vanished into the void.

Not sure on the price yet but it looks like.

Mothership Zeta
Operation Anchorage
Broken Steel
Knights of Nine
Shivering Isles
3 FO Avatar items AND THE BIG ONE.....
HORSE ARMOR!!! No REALLY!!!

About as crap of a week as there has been.

I'm excited for the new MTG game that's coming out--the recent official trailer confirms a June 15 release date (in case we want to list it in the OP).

[quote name='cancerman1120']

Mothership Zeta
Operation Anchorage
Broken Steel
Knights of Nine
Shivering Isles
3 FO Avatar items AND THE BIG ONE.....
HORSE ARMOR!!! No REALLY!!!

About as crap of a week as there has been.[/QUOTE]

*julius taunt in Castlevania:HOD* "Ha. Is that all?"

Looks like my wallet is saved this week, especialy if D&D is $15 (as much as I want the game, I'm spoiled by all these sales and anything above 800 pts I will probably pass on except Street Fighter 3 when It's released).

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Lame sale... the horse armor isn't on the goty is it? I doubt I'll get it just wondering.[/QUOTE]

It's not.

[quote name='cancerman1120']not sure on the price yet but it looks like.
And the big one.....
Horse armor!!! No really!!!
[/quote]
fuck yeah!

[quote name='UnrealZero']One of if not the worst deal of the week.[/QUOTE]
How so?
I'm not seeing it considering most of it is highly rated DLC for 50% off

[quote name='Jaysonguy']How so?
I'm not seeing it considering most of it is highly rated DLC for 50% off[/QUOTE]

Well all the Fallout 3 DLC has been on sale numerous times before, so anybody who wanted it probably already downloaded it or picked up the GOTY edition. Oblivion has been around so long you'd be hard pressed to find a vanilla copy at this point as I've only seen the GOTY edition with both those DLC's in it for years now.

Halo: Reach Games on Demand is on sale for $39.99/£39.99/€39.99 May 24 - May 30. It's normally 59.99 so that's 33% off. A demo has been made available today.

It's available to free members as well. Of course I imagine anyone spending $40 for the GoD version is getting it because they play a lot of multiplayer and they don't want to swap discs anymore. Maybe I assume to much.

So my question is why is "The Pitt" left out of the sale? This sale is actually beneficial to me - as I have vanilla copies of both FO3 and Oblivion, but I can't stomach buying DLC at full price.

But even at these discounted prices, it's almost cheaper to just buy the GOTY editions of both games.

Any of the DLC 'must haves?'

Was hoping for something better since my Prius Xbox promo points expire next week Tues @3am and it seems like the sales aren't active until after 3am so this would be the 'final week' of sales, looks like Dungeon & Dragons it is.

[quote name='blitztwn36']So my question is why is "The Pitt" left out of the sale? This sale is actually beneficial to me - as I have vanilla copies of both FO3 and Oblivion, but I can't stomach buying DLC at full price.

But even at these discounted prices, it's almost cheaper to just buy the GOTY editions of both games.

Any of the DLC 'must haves?'[/QUOTE]

The Pitt wasn't that great. I recommend Broken Steel and Operation Anchorage, though. Too bad Point Lookout isn't on sale - that one's pretty decent, too.

operation anchorage was horrible other than the equipment you get
I really enjoyed the pitt, point lookout and broken steel
mothership zeta was awful

[quote name='mebegod']mothership zeta was awful[/QUOTE]
Mothership Zeta was endless, but the nice part was, once you're done with it, you have such powerful guns and a huge amount of ammo that you can steamroll through anything else in the game with barely any effort.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Mothership Zeta was endless, but the nice part was, once you're done with it, you have such powerful guns and a huge amount of ammo that you can steamroll through anything else in the game with barely any effort.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

[quote name='blitztwn36']So my question is why is "The Pitt" left out of the sale? This sale is actually beneficial to me - as I have vanilla copies of both FO3 and Oblivion, but I can't stomach buying DLC at full price.

Any of the DLC 'must haves?'[/QUOTE]

Broken Steel is a must-have. The only other 'must have' in my opinion is Point Lookout, which is not on sale. I personally think Operation Anchorage and Mothership Zeta are the worst of the Fallout 3 DLC.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Why do people hate Operation Anchorage so much? I actually really enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

It just feels so different from the rest of the game. It's like a classic shooter campaign, which doesn't really fit with the vibe of Fallout 3. Mothership Zeta is the same to me... I actually couldn't wait for that one to be over.

Essential
----------
Broken Steel
Point Lookout

Good
------
The Pitt

Weak
-------
Operation Anchorage
Mothership Zeta

That's my take. And I would rate Fallout 3 as one of my 5 favorite games ever.

[quote name='cthomer5000']It just feels so different from the rest of the game. It's like a classic shooter campaign, which doesn't really fit with the vibe of Fallout 3. Mothership Zeta is the same to me... I actually couldn't wait for that one to be over.

Essential
----------
Broken Steel
Point Lookout

Good
------
The Pitt

Weak
-------
Operation Anchorage
Mothership Zeta

That's my take. And I would rate Fallout 3 as one of my 5 favorite games ever.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with this list. Although, Operation Anchorage was worthwhile for the really nice rewards. Possibly the best weapon in the game.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Why do people hate Operation Anchorage so much? I actually really enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

Because it's boring as shit? The ONLY saving grace for it was the Chinese Stealth armor. Had it not been for that single piece alone, I would rank it as the worst DLC. That title goes to Mothership Zeta however...

I liked the departure from the normal with Operation Anchorage. I got tired of being scared shitless because I didn't know if a Super Mutant was coming after me, or just a raider I could easily take out. I agree with playing through Zeta and waiting for it to be over. It just dragged on and on and on, and those Guardian Drones were a pain in the ass.

Operation Anchorage = snow dream from "Inception"
So awesome. I loved it. The Pitt I feel dragged on and on. And I feel that the GOTY Bundle is definitely the way to go. The DLC content for this game easily made me love it more

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny that Operation Anchorage and Mothership Zeta seem to be the most poorly regarded DLCs for Fallout 3, and those were also the only ones that I completed. Then again, I didn't like Fallout 3 very much in general, so maybe it was the fact that they were so different from the main game that made them palatable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back