XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vlv723']Rocket Knight needs a sale. I haven't seen it on sale since it got released last year.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I've been waiting for a sale on it as well. I might give in if it's $10, though cheaper would be even better. I wish the original was also released for XBLA/PSN or Virtual Console.

One of these days, Microsoft needs to go look at the games that haven't or have barely been on sale & have them be Deal of the Week.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']There was a "Worm" themed week a while ago that included EWJ.[/QUOTE]

Darn, I must have missed that... thanks. Here's to another one.

Does anyone know when the sale that we voted on at the end of June will occur? I thought it said July, and we only got 2 more weeks here. Then again, if Mass Effect didn't win, I could care less anyway.

[quote name='fader089']I would say the best way is to go to the "top rated" section either on the dashboard or on xbox.com and grab demos of the ones that look interesting.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Games/XboxIndieGames?sortby=TopRated[/QUOTE]

The rating can be "gamed" though. There was a bit of ruffling of feathers a while back b/c a dev asked users to rate their game 5 stars. The users then went on to do that and rate the competition down to 1 stars.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/30/xbox-live-indie-games-ratings-are-being-manipulated-devs-say/?

Now only Gold members can rate on Xbox.com, but that doesn't entirely fix the problem

http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/04/20/lacrosse-fans-negatively-target-xbox-indie-titles/

[quote name='vlv723']Rocket Knight needs a sale. I haven't seen it on sale since it got released last year.[/QUOTE]

Having won and 200'd it back when it came out, I will warn you this isn't the RK you grew up with. It's alright, but it's no better than alright. Don't buy it for more than 600.

But yeah it's ridiculous it's never been on sale when Hard Corps, which was only released in March, has. ¬_¬
And then there's Castlevania HoD, that's been what, twice or thrice now?

There's so many games out there that don't sell, maybe even have never sold, that would sell if they were on sale but nope, Microsoft are fucking idiots who'd rather feed us the same crap at the same prices instead.

First week of August will probably be something like RISK Factions, Zombie Apocalypse, all the Sonics and Comic Jumper. At the same prices they've already been six times.

[quote name='Exu']Having won and 200'd it back when it came out, I will warn you this isn't the RK you grew up with. It's alright, but it's no better than alright. Don't buy it for more than 600.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I too remember Rocket Knight having more personality and color. I would have figured the widescreen aspect would benefit its play providing a larger horizontal viewing space, given the speed you can get to, alas, there were other reasons the new XBLA/PSN title didn't meet my expectations.

[quote name='Exu'] But yeah it's ridiculous it's never been on sale when Hard Corps, which was only released in March, has. ¬_¬
And then there's Castlevania HoD, that's been what, twice or thrice now?[/QUOTE]

I don't complain, because I do enjoy both playing the latest and moreso saving the monies. How could I not like the Arc System Works art style with Contra-ish play mechanics. Castlevania HD is another feel-good deal because I am sure many other CAGs feel Konami has some nerve charging per stage, per character, and even music packs at a prices high for the content. The sales rectified what would have been insta-full-priced purchases for me, but the DLC made me wait it out.

[quote name='Exu'] There's so many games out there that don't sell, maybe even have never sold, that would sell if they were on sale but nope, Microsoft are fucking idiots who'd rather feed us the same crap at the same prices instead.

First week of August will probably be something like RISK Factions, Zombie Apocalypse, all the Sonics and Comic Jumper. At the same prices they've already been six times.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but I imagine there's some deals that has to be made between publishers and the Live team because I think MS takes a share from sales through MS points. That's just speculation, but I imagine that may be a reason some titles have a smaller likelihood of going on sale (coupled with other factors like a language barrier, e.g. SNK with their flawed Engrish).

My forecast of August sales is bleak. Based on how I feel: The Summer of Arcade promotion makes deals worse just to put more focus on those "marquee" XBLA games. So I predict it will not be Sonic or Risk:Factions; I think it will have to be DLC for an old once-popular game, like Forza 3, Halo 3 maps, Modern Warfare maps, or Viva Pinata :roll:.

Yet in the back of my head, I hope after The Summer of Arcade promotion, I hope some solid XBLA releases will come out. Titles which I would pay full asking price for like Guardian Heroes, Radiant Silvergun, NBA Jam: On Fire. I may even consider Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online. I can hold out hope Dust: An Elysian Tail gets released soon. Finally if I'm into fantasizing, Jet Set Radio to steal away more MS points from me :D.

Funny that I just played twin blades the other day for like 15 minutes. I like how it looks but it's not all that fun to play for long at all. Seemingly to beat the game at the end I have to go through every single level again and clear out zombies which sounds..kinda like a chore. It's ok.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Is the Red Dead Redemption DLC worth it at 1000 points?[/QUOTE]

If you want more RDR story and play a lot of the multiplayer and want more modes, than yes, it probably is. The Undead Nightmare DLC which is just the single-player and the zombie multiplayer mode has been on sale for 400 msp, so you might want to wait for it to go on sale again if you don't care about multiplayer as much.

I have the Undead Nightmare DLC and the Liars & Cheats pack. The Undead Nightmare campaign was great and there's a lot of content there. I rarely find myself doing anything from the Liars & Cheats pack. I don't know anything about the Legends and Killers pack which is also included in the collection.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Is the Red Dead Redemption DLC worth it at 1000 points?[/QUOTE]

Undead zombies is worth a full retail release IMO. It took me about 20hrs to 100% it and if you include the multiplayer co-op, my total gametime was easily over 30hrs for it, possibly 40.

[quote name='drStaton']just in case you didn't notice it in any other threads ...

XBOX Live Arcade Triple Pack
Trials HD / Limbo / Splosion Man
plus 160 microsoft points and a 48 hour gold trial

is on sale for $10 at Best Buy right now.[/QUOTE]

That is such an excellent deal. Too bad I bought all 3 the day they came out!

[quote name='BrolyB593']That is such an excellent deal. Too bad I bought all 3 the day they came out![/QUOTE]

i buy a lot of arcade games but it seems like every time any of these 3 go on sale im really low on points, so they have all been on my short list of must buys next time a deal pops up for quite a while. this was a no brainer, $10 is a steal.

[quote name='drStaton']just in case you didn't notice it in any other threads ...

XBOX Live Arcade Triple Pack
Trials HD / Limbo / Splosion Man
plus 160 microsoft points and a 48 hour gold trial

is on sale for $10 at Best Buy right now.[/QUOTE]

Everyone do yourself a favor and go buy those discs. 'Splosion Man is a funny, LIMBO made it into several Bestof/Top 10 lists last year, and Trials HD is controller breaking fun. Even if you only like 1 game, it's a deal.

[quote name='reddjoey']Everyone do yourself a favor and go buy those discs. 'Splosion Man is a funny, LIMBO made it into several Bestof/Top 10 lists last year, and Trials HD is controller breaking fun. Even if you only like 1 game, it's a deal.[/QUOTE]

Since you are saving money, getting a 48 gold trial code, and 160 MS points

No doubt the XBL Triple Pack - Limbo, Trials HD, Splosion Man with 38hr trial and 160 MSP for only $10 is one of the best deal of the year...top 3 for me

Nom

[quote name='Halo05']Gah, already owning Trials HD and Splosion Man kinda kills it for me. Plus I've spent enough money in the past week.[/QUOTE]

Same here but I bought one anyone knowing I can always sell it back for $10-$15

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'm glad that the Red Faction DLC was reduced but how about Saints Row MS?[/QUOTE]

maybe when the third is about to come out? God I can't wait for that game. It is what GTA IV was supposed to be with nicer graphics to an extent. (No Fanboy Rant)

[quote name='vlv723']Rocket Knight needs a sale. I haven't seen it on sale since it got released last year.[/QUOTE]
Man, this game needs to go on sale. Been waiting for over a year as well. My luck they'd drop it to 800 points instead of 400-600. No way is that damn game worth 1200 points

FINALLy got my wish i they announced the July drops.

- The Red Fraction DLC that people have said that was discounted, is in fact true.
- Gatling Gears is now 800 points. If you didn't get it a couple of weeks back, get it now with the promo for buy 2 800 MSP games and get back 200 MSP.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Does anyone have any opinions on "The Passing" DLC for Left 4 Dead 2?[/QUOTE]
It's the best L4D DLC out there and a million times better than the Sacrifice. If you like the game at all then you owe it to yourself to get it.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It's the best L4D DLC out there and a million times better than the Sacrifice. If you like the game at all then you owe it to yourself to get it.[/QUOTE]

this.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It's the best L4D DLC out there and a million times better than the Sacrifice. If you like the game at all then you owe it to yourself to get it.[/QUOTE]

Can't agree with this. If you play L4D2 regularly (especially Versus), they're both pretty much crucial to have. Both The Passing and The Sacrifice are relatively weak maps (I prefer The Sacrifice tho), but the extras you get with each are what's worth the price of admission IMO.

The Passing gets you access to mutations while Sacrifice gets you the No Mercy campaign from the first game. Mutations can be cool from time to time, but seeing as how they just recycle the same old ones over and over now, they've lost most of their appeal with me. Not sure if you still need The Passing to play Realism Vs. anymore, but if so the DLC is worth picking up just for that.

With The Sacrifice, you get 2 campaigns for the price of one (and No Mercy is still every bit as good as the other shipped maps) so it's the better value overall.

Seeing as how the game only shipped wtih 5 campaigns, you're going to want to get your hands on all the content you can (even if it's subpar) if you plan on spending a substantial amount of time playing the game. If you're a more casual player and don't play Versus, then I recommend passing on these and waiting for the next DLC to get the most bang for your buck. It will include a user created campaign and the remainder of the L4D1 maps, which is 5 campaigns in all. If it is released at the same price point as the previous DLCs, that will be a steal.

Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it.
[quote name='crookshow']It will include a user created campaign and the remainder of the L4D1 maps, which is 5 campaigns in all. If it is released at the same price point as the previous DLCs, that will be a steal.[/QUOTE]
I don't have any DLC at all for either games. So let me get this straight, wouldn't this make the first Left 4 Dead obsolete?

[quote name='Ma12kez']Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it.

I don't have any DLC at all for either games. So let me get this straight, wouldn't this make the first Left 4 Dead obsolete?[/QUOTE]

No. Who said that L4D1 maps are coming to #2. Xbox doesn't get Steam support like that. You will never see user created maps on the xbox version

Here's to hoping some of the PS3 Summer Sale games go on sale soon. I decided to hold off on some PSN purchases for XBLA purchases. Don't fail me now, Microsoft!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']No. Who said that L4D1 maps are coming to #2. Xbox doesn't get Steam support like that. You will never see user created maps on the xbox version[/QUOTE]

L4D2 has gotten every "official" content update the PC has thus far so why would this be any different. This Valve blog specifically says the update will be coming for XBOX: http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=5019

We want you the community to be part of the process of taking his unfinished campaign and releasing it as DLC on the Xbox 360, PC and Mac.

The easiest starting point for new campaigns is the three remaining Left 4 Dead 1 campaigns, so the DLC will include those. We also want something brand new and Cold Stream is the perfect fit.

Yes, this would essentially make L4D1 obsolete.

Do remember, you get Crimson Alliance including all three characters FREE when purchasing all 5 Summer of Arcade games. Also, if you're signed up for xbl rewards the monthly promotion is buy 2 xbl arcade games that cost 800 MSP or more and get 200 ms points back. So you could buy Bastion and 1 other game and that'll qualify you for 200 msp back free along with the SoA deal.

I purchased Torchlight when it was on sale so now just to wait..

Still sitting on 1600 points and nothing good to spend it on :whistle2:( looks like ill wait to see what the summer of arcade games are like. I dont like spending 1200 for a game though

[quote name='goodbyetonight']I don't know if it's part of the Deal of the Week sale or not, but Mass Effect 2's Arrival DLC is 280 points right now. Just picked it up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, got it as well!

[quote name='goodbyetonight']I don't know if it's part of the Deal of the Week sale or not, but Mass Effect 2's Arrival DLC is 280 points right now. Just picked it up.[/QUOTE]

Early Dotw leak? I have all the rest so I had to sign out to check but it's the only piece of content on sale right now. I believe I'll bite just in case it is a screw up. Worst case scenario it goes cheaper but considering the voted on Dotw is for 50% off I'd say it's a safe bet that it's just an early discount.

Here's hoping that Genesis will go on sale as well. I want to play through the comic but I don't have the PS3 version yet.

[quote name='bob_793']Still sitting on 1600 points and nothing good to spend it on :whistle2:( looks like ill wait to see what the summer of arcade games are like. I dont like spending 1200 for a game though[/QUOTE]

Bastion looks like it has more gameplay, art and character than most retail games these days. I don't mind a $15 "regular" price for these when they always get discounted down 4-8 months after release and the quality has shot through the roof compared to early downloadables.

I think I'm in for Arrival. I likely won't get to it for a little while so it violates my policy of not buying things unless I'm ready to play them. That's okay, I definitely want to play the DLC and I was planning to play through ME1 and 2 again before 3 comes out. Even if it goes on sale for lower between now and then I doubt it'd be below 200. I'll gamble the dollar.

Oh man that seems like a good price for Arrival! Thing is its for gold members only x.X Would a 48 hr trial work for this deal if you're just a silver member?

Grabbed Arrival. Was waiting for it to go on sale so I could buy it before I play through Mass Effect 2 again.

Still waiting for a second 800 point game to get.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']you do see the date of the article correct? Over 4 months ago.[/QUOTE]

I'm well aware of that fact. Doesn't change anything. Ever heard of Valve time? The DLC hasn't been released for the PC yet either (Cold Stream is still in beta) so I don't see your point.

Furthermore, from a July 7th post:

What else is coming? We have been working on and testing a new version of the Dark Carnival finale and some gameplay changes for finales in general. We want to get some more of these changes out and tested on the PC. Once those are solid and our new campaigns are ready, we will go into the certification process on the Xbox 360 and then release. What date is that? Hard to say but with your help it just got closer.

EDIT: Apologies for the slight derail. Just don't like seeing people spreading misinformation.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JzN86']Oh man that seems like a good price for Arrival! Thing is its for gold members only x.X Would a 48 hr trial work for this deal if you're just a silver member?[/QUOTE]

No, 48 hour trials don't work for deal-of-the-week. If you look at the fine print on the card/in the email/wherever you got it, it probably says that. I remember trying to use one myself when I was silver and being upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back