XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mailer daemon']The Mass Effect sales seems to be in "effect". At the very least the "Arrival" DLC is 280 points again.[/QUOTE]

That was pretty funny, actually. Go back a page and look for the post I made about the specific ME 2 DLCs on sale.

Edit: @ above post, WHOA. Could it be? Examples?

Edit 2: You're right, it's not Gold-exclusive either. Both Halo Reach mappacks are on sale for 400 MSP each (50% off). Same with Gears' 2's All Fronts Collection (400 MSP, 50% off). This might be a great time to pick up the mappacks (highly doubt they'll ever be free/get a price drop).

Edit 3: Current List Of Sale DLC:

Mass Effect 2: (Gold Exclusive)

The Arrival - 280 MSP/$3.50 (50% off)
Lair of Shadow Broker - 400 MSP/$5 (50% off)
Kasumi - Stolen Memory - 280 MSP/$3.50 (50% off)

Gears of War 2: (Non-Gold Exclusive)

All Fronts Collection - 400 MSP/$5 (50% off)

Halo Reach: (Non-Gold Exclusive)

Noble Map Pack - 400 MSP/$5 (50% off)
Defiant Map Pack - 400 MSP/$5 (50% off)

Holy massive DLC sale, Batman! Good ones, at that.

List of price decreases

DLC sales for:
Mass Effect 2
Kinect Sports
Halo Wars
Halo: Reach
Halo 3
Gears of War 2
Forza 3
Fable III
Crackdown 2
Batman: AA
Alan Wake

I think I'll grab Traitor's Keep since I'll be getting Fable III eventually anyway.

[quote name='Firvagor']Holy massive DLC sale, Batman! Good ones, at that.

List of price decreases

DLC sales for:
Mass Effect 2
Kinect Sports
Halo Wars
Halo: Reach
Halo 3
Gears of War 2
Forza 3
Fable III
Crackdown 2
Batman: AA
Alan Wake

I think I'll grab Traitor's Keep since I'll be getting Fable III eventually anyway.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. I guess I'm not buying any XBLA titles for that promotion, but I'm happy that I need all of this DLC anyways. The problem being that a chunk of these games are on my wishlist, and some of these games have DLC included on disks (Halo 3: ODST with Halo 3's map packs, to my knowledge, Forza 3 Ultimate, Batman: AA GotY). I heard the first Alan Wake DLC comes with the game, is that true? I only have the downloadable version thingy.

Edit: I'd just buy Forza 3 Ultimate if you lack all the DLC, unless you only want specific cars. But the second disk is just an install disc which you don't need ultimately, so you can re-sell it if you already have yourself a copy of Forza 3 vanilla. I know ODST's second disk for Halo 3 online (which sounds a bit annoying) requires the disk. The DLC is cheap enough at this point (though the Legendary Map Pack isn't on sale, for whatever reason) that you might wanna buy it to avoid the hassle if you don't care much for the single-player campaign. As for Gears 2, everything's contained in the All Fronts Collection.. so just ignore everything else. (The price for all the map packs separately, even though they're on sale is massively higher than the sole price for the collection.)

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Holy crap. I guess I'm not buying any XBLA titles for that promotion, but I'm happy that I need all of this DLC anyways. The problem being that a chunk of these games are on my wishlist, and some of these games have DLC included on disks (Halo 3: ODST with Halo 3's map packs, to my knowledge, Forza 3 Ultimate, Batman: AA GotY). I heard the first Alan Wake DLC comes with the game, is that true? I only have the downloadable version thingy.[/QUOTE]
No, only those that pre-ordered the game obtained the first DLC. I have the downloadable version and can confirm that I had to buy both content packs.

actually when I bought alan wake late last year mine came with the code for one the DLC
maybe the non disc version did not come with it but all disc versions do? I dont know

[quote name='Master Troll']No, only those that pre-ordered the game obtained the first DLC. I have the downloadable version and can confirm that I had to buy both content packs.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I thought it may have been included as a redeemable voucher with buying a new copy of the retail version. Definitely picking it up... or not. ^

TO GOOGLE!

Brand-new copies of Alan Wake do indeed come with the Signal as a redeemable voucher. Hmm, I was debating getting a disc version, so.. on the fence about getting the Signal now. But I might bite since it's only 280 MSP anyways.

Source: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=305484

Edit: Brand-new copies of Halo Wars (Platinum Hits) also come with codes for both DLCs, in case anyone cares.

Edit 2: Buying the Challenge maps off of the Marketplace for the Batman: AA vanilla is the only way to have a 360 version of the game with ALL the challenge maps (at the sacrifice of the 3D option). That, and a European Live account (to download the second free Challenge Map Pack).

Edit 3: Sign me up for the Crackdown 2 DLC/Halo Reach DLC/Alan Wake DLC/Fable 3 DLC. Sorry ME2, gotta prioritize games I actually own. Reminds me I still need to pick up Fable 3/ODST/Halo Wars/Forza Ultimate/Alan Wake Retail.

Everyone pretty much doubts that Fable 3 will get a GotY re-release, nevermind any sort of re-release, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BobbyTastic']Thank you! I thought it may have been included as a redeemable voucher with buying a new copy of the retail version. Definitely picking it up... or not. ^

TO GOOGLE![/QUOTE]

the retail version has the dlc...

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Thank you! I thought it may have been included as a redeemable voucher with buying a new copy of the retail version. Definitely picking it up... or not. ^

TO GOOGLE![/QUOTE]

He's wrong. New copies have the first dlc pack. The download of the main game doesn't include it. If you buy a new copy of the game on disk, you get the first one. Do not buy that one. The download of the game is a huge rip off.

You definitely need to pick up the writer, it's very good and at the end makes you say, 'holy shit, where is alan wake 2?'

[quote name='Blaster man']He's wrong. New copies have the first dlc pack. The download of the main game doesn't include it. If you buy a new copy of the game on disk, you get the first one. Do not buy that one. The download of the game is a huge rip off.

You definitely need to pick up the writer, it's very good and at the end makes you say, 'holy shit, where is alan wake 2?'[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know. And yeah, my first 360 was the Holiday 2010 bundle and I got all excited seeing Alan Wake on the box, cue the massive disappointment when I discover Forza 3 in a proper format, but Alan Wake just consisting of a voucher. :( What a crock, but at least it snagged me a $50 GC? Will definitely buy the Writer, do I need the Signal to play the Writer? And Alan Wake 2 was supposedly in development, last time I heard. The first game did take centuries to develop, apparently.

[quote name='Blaster man']You definitely need to pick up the writer, it's very good and at the end makes you say, 'holy shit, where is alan wake 2?'[/QUOTE]

100% agreed, it's the closest you can get to Inception: the game :D

[quote name='wmclark']Is Kinect Sports Calorie Challenge Pack worth 160 points?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know the same. I have about 200 points sitting around me account doing nothing.

I was this close from getting the Gears All Fronts, but decided to get The Writer instead thanks to all the praise it got in this topic! Hope it doesn't disappoint! Also grabbed ME2 Kasumi and Arrival.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']really? because ive never payed taxes when buying point cards at best buy and PSN purchases include the taxes on the price already, they were charging taxes at first but i guess enough people complaint and they fixed it[/QUOTE]

It depends on the state. Lots of states charge tax on the points. Georgia doesn't, Alabama does.

[quote name='crunchewy']What's the Cave shooter that was released as GoD? Will buying that qualify for the buying two 800 point games to get back 200 points, or is that just for XBLA titles?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if someone responded but the game is DEATHSMILES II-X.

It's quite fun and can be set to where it's not insane like most Cave shooters.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Not sure if someone responded but the game is DEATHSMILES II-X.

It's quite fun and can be set to where it's not insane like most Cave shooters.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That's it. I'm still not sure if it will qualify for the 200 pt rebate, though. I'm now thinking that the answer is probably not since it is Games on Demand and not XBLA.

[quote name='crunchewy']Thanks. That's it. I'm still not sure if it will qualify for the 200 pt rebate, though. I'm now thinking that the answer is probably not since it is Games on Demand and not XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they really dropped off with the XBLA sales this month, but this DLC batch kinda makes up for it. Also, I hope the Writer doesn't disappoint you, but I personally would have chosen the All Fronts Collection just because of the sheer amount of content... it's like EVERYTHING. It was worth the 800 imo, and I haven't really seen it on sale often because of it (certainly worth more than the Reach maps outside of this sale :roll:). But to each their own.

As for OP updating, take your time ReddJoey, we know some of you have lives.

Anyone else looking forward to playing from dust tomorrow?

Also all this talk about crackdown 2 has made me want to play the game. I pre ordered it last summer but it's still wrapped in plastic...Second worse pre-order I've ever made, next to Brink.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Thanks for letting me know. And yeah, my first 360 was the Holiday 2010 bundle and I got all excited seeing Alan Wake on the box, cue the massive disappointment when I discover Forza 3 in a proper format, but Alan Wake just consisting of a voucher. :( What a crock, but at least it snagged me a $50 GC? Will definitely buy the Writer, do I need the Signal to play the Writer? And Alan Wake 2 was supposedly in development, last time I heard. The first game did take centuries to develop, apparently.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you need the signal to play the writer since I had it already but I don't think so. The signal certainly takes place before the writer but you can skip it and won't miss too much. There is a summmary of it at the start of the writer. That said, the signal starts out good, goes down hill a little, then abruptly stops. The end feels unnatural to me and is probably why a lot of people didn't like it.

[quote name='Blaster man']I'm not sure if you need the signal to play the writer since I had it already but I don't think so. The signal certainly takes place before the writer but you can skip it and won't miss too much. There is a summmary of it at the start of the writer. That said, the signal starts out good, goes down hill a little, then abruptly stops. The end feels unnatural to me and is probably why a lot of people didn't like it.[/QUOTE]

Well, since I planned to pick up a new disk copy anyways, thanks for saving me 280 points, though the retail price for this game seems higher than I expected, damn. A Crackdown 2 pre-order? Yikes, yeah.. definitely not as bad as brink though. I'm just happy I picked mine up from a closing BBV.

And you know how rare sales on anything Marvel are. :p Those tables seem like such a rip-off.

Arrival was the only ME2 dlc I didn't have, and I just started playing the game a couple days ago, so this worked oit nicely. Thanks again reddjoey, for keeping up with this thread.

Speaking of ME2 dlc, is there any particular time in the game I should do the downloaded missions? I've heard Arrival is basically a ME3 prequel, but what about the others?

[quote name='seanr1221']Fun labs still wont work, even after re-downloading.

Weak.[/QUOTE]

Apparently you can "Quick Launch" Avatar Kinect (or other ones) via the xbox button menu. Game tab. Mind you, I haven't tried this, but I've read that this can be done. It gets around the broken Kinect Fun Labs. Still weak, but at least maybe you can try out Avatar Kinect. I'm going to give it a shot tonight.

[quote name='Gertle627']Arrival was the only ME2 dlc I didn't have, and I just started playing the game a couple days ago, so this worked oit nicely. Thanks again reddjoey, for keeping up with this thread.

Speaking of ME2 dlc, is there any particular time in the game I should do the downloaded missions? I've heard Arrival is basically a ME3 prequel, but what about the others?[/QUOTE]

Lair of the Shadow Broker feels like an end of the game DLC. Kusami grants you a new squadmate so probably during the beginning. Overlord I assume you can do when ever. Do Arrival at the end! They will give you an option to do it early in the game, but don't do it until the end.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Yeah, they really dropped off with the XBLA sales this month, but this DLC batch kinda makes up for it. Also, I hope the Writer doesn't disappoint you, but I personally would have chosen the All Fronts Collection just because of the sheer amount of content... it's like EVERYTHING. It was worth the 800 imo, and I haven't really seen it on sale often because of it (certainly worth more than the Reach maps outside of this sale :roll:). But to each their own.[/QUOTE]

I think you're talking to someone else there. I wasn't planning on buying The Writer. I do in fact have Alan Wake, but I haven't even started it. Also, I wouldn't buy the All Fronts Collection seeing how I don't have the game it's for at all and have no real plans to buy it, so that wouldn't be much of a good buy for me. :) The DLC on sale is all pretty much a bust for me. I would like to see some XBLA sales. Or how about a sale on Deathsmiles II? :)

I would love to meet the people in marketing. You make a big deal about voting for what game everyone wants DLC for and the you put 3 out of 11 available on sale? I have most of it from other sales and I really only need Arrival but for those who have not played them game yet this sucks. If you want to compete with the PS3 for those last few players that own both systems would you not want to offer all the DLC for as cheap as possible? I mean you could have gotten ME2 with everything but Arrival yesterday for $30. Maybe it is not a big deal but cutting all DLC would have seemed like the right idea.

[quote name='crunchewy']I think you're talking to someone else there. I wasn't planning on buying The Writer. I do in fact have Alan Wake, but I haven't even started it. Also, I wouldn't buy the All Fronts Collection seeing how I don't have the game it's for at all and have no real plans to buy it, so that wouldn't be much of a good buy for me. :) The DLC on sale is all pretty much a bust for me. I would like to see some XBLA sales. Or how about a sale on Deathsmiles II? :)[/QUOTE]

Actually, the first sentence was at you, and the rest was for someone else. My brain kinda fused the thoughts together.. my bad. I was hoping for an XBLA sale myself, and would have preferred this at the beginning of August but... oh well. And a niche Game on Demand on sale? Impossible!

Gears Triple Pack is worth picking up (well.. aside from this week, better to just buy the first and second game used and buy the All Fronts Collection) for $30, though I wish they had the DLC on disk (or at least the free map packs for the first game).

So, anyone have any recommendations for two 800 point arcade games that are never getting a sale or price drop? I'm thinking of the incredibly crappy Fable 2 Pub Games for one since I just picked up Fable 2, and possibly Soulcalibur. Want X-men but even though it JUST had a sale I unfortunately missed out on, I'm going to try and hold on for another.

Edit: @ cancerman Yeah, I was expecting all the add-ons to be on sale (including the weapon/appearance packs) and the vastly overpriced Cerberus Network, since ME2 DLC costs alone amount to quite a bit more than the PS3 version... but I guess they wanted to make EVERYONE happy, so they put lots of other random crap on sale?

[quote name='BobbyTastic']ASo, anyone have any recommendations for two 800 point arcade games that are never getting a sale or price drop? I'm thinking of the incredibly crappy Fable 2 Pub Games for one since I just picked up Fable 2, and possibly Soulcalibur. Want X-men but even though it JUST had a sale I unfortunately missed out on, I'm going to try and hold on for another.[/QUOTE]
Jeez, there are SO many better rarely-discounted 800 point XBLA titles than Pub Games! From Puzzle Quest through Duke Nukem 3D to Catan or even Rez HD!

Don't settle, try some trials!

[quote name='harry hood']I'm waiting for the inevitable GOTY. I have a feeling we'll get one this November[/QUOTE]

I got my copy of ME2 in November for $10. I got the three story DLC packs in December for $7.50. I just picked up Arrival for another $3.50. Waiting another year for what will likely be a $30 GOTY? I'm glad that I didn't.

[quote name='louiedog']I got my copy of ME2 in November for $10. I got the three story DLC packs in December for $7.50. I just picked up Arrival for another $3.50. Waiting another year for what will likely be a $30 GOTY? I'm glad that I didn't.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I did the same thing: Bought ME2 for $10 on BF, bit on the three DLCs for 200 points each a few months back, and will likely get Arrival later this week. 280 just isn't a clean number though...

[quote name='louiedog']I got my copy of ME2 in November for $10. I got the three story DLC packs in December for $7.50. I just picked up Arrival for another $3.50. Waiting another year for what will likely be a $30 GOTY? I'm glad that I didn't.[/QUOTE]
I don't have ME2, I didn't have the points to buy the 200 point DLC's at the time (after a spending spree around that time), and I still need to finish ME1. I'm glad I'm waiting.

Wait, so how many ME2 story DLC packs are there? I just bought the game and am buying whatever's on sale, but now there one more that isn't on sale?

[quote name='Obiwan456']Wait, so how many ME2 story DLC packs are there? I just bought the game and am buying whatever's on sale, but now there one more that isn't on sale?[/QUOTE]

iirc 4, another option is to go to XBL and click Game Add ons to see which ones are out and which ones you already have.

August 2-8
Change your gamertag at a discount. 560 points, regularly 800. That's 30% off.
That might be the lamest deal yet. I'd actually like to change my GT, but they still haven't released the original Xbox Live tag that I want.

[quote name='harry hood']I don't have ME2, I didn't have the points to buy the 200 point DLC's at the time (after a spending spree around that time), and I still need to finish ME1. I'm glad I'm waiting.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make sense to me, but okay.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Wait, so how many ME2 story DLC packs are there? I just bought the game and am buying whatever's on sale, but now there one more that isn't on sale?[/QUOTE]

There are 4. Kasumi's Stolen Memory adds a new character and her loyalty mission. Lair of the Shadow Broker is my favorite of the bunch and includes a lot of combat and features more Liara. It's best to play that one after you finish the main game. Arrival is a bridge between ME2 and ME3. The one that isn't on sale is Overlord which features a couple of missions on a new planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back