XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Wait, the Deal of the Week for my Birthday is a reduced price on changing your Gamertag?

Are you fucking kidding me? This is a joke right?[/QUOTE]

apparently Microsoft doesn't value your life :booty::lol:

[quote name='Brother Daz']I had a different experience than the above poster with bungie.net. None of my stats from my other GT transferred over. When I log into bungie.net now, I have no stats from when I played Halo 3[/QUOTE]

Ugh, this is what I don't want to deal with. What I'm essentially weighing is the potential headache vs. how much I'd like a new Gamertag.

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I will probably pick the Traitor's Keep for Fable 3, and Arrival for ME2. Those are the only add-ons that I'm actually considering[/QUOTE]

Im considering the same two. I just have to buy more points. Cant convince my self yet:applause:

Okay, I'm buying Kasumi's Memory, Shadow Broker, Arrival, and the 2 Reach packs. Now I have a problem, I don't have enough points left after that from Overlord. When in the game should Overlord be played, so I know weather or not to wait. (I'm only an hour in).

[quote name='n64ra']LOL! How many people really change their Gamertag??[/QUOTE]
Quite a few actually. I have one friend on my list that changes almost monthly.

Yeah Im kinda interested in changing my GT, but I havent played enough on it to warrant a change. Only game I have besides Arcades games is a cracked CoD BO that I cant trade in anywhere.

[quote name='Narsis84']One last question. I am on the fence for Outland. It looks great and I have heard a lot of good things but I am waiting for a price drop or DOTW. Is it worth grabbing now? I read it has a Metroid/Castlevania style but the game seems to be really linear in gameplay from the demo. Is there a way to go back and discover new stuff with new abilities on older stages as you progress? Or is it as linear as it appears in the demo?[/QUOTE]

The game is very linear. You can go back to previous levels and access secret areas with your new skills, but you'll only ever find collectibles, money and occasionally the opportunity to purchase an additional unit of health or magic. Unless you plan on going for 100% completion, there isn't much incentive to backtrack. That being said, I enjoyed the game quite a bit and it's a strong purchase for 800 points if you're trying to get the rewards points for this month. If you can wait it out though, it will very likely go on sale before the end of the year.

I've thought about changing my tag to match my PSN ID but it's not worth it at any price to lose the space. Especially when I'd rather add the space to my PSN ID. It's two words not one! :p

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I've thought about changing my tag to match my PSN ID but it's not worth it at any price to lose the space. Especially when I'd rather add the space to my PSN ID. It's two words not one! :p[/QUOTE]

IIRC MS doesn't differentiate between Chrono Gear and ChronoGear in their system. So you may run into trouble

Second, I'm not seeing where Major Nelson said the MGS sales end tomorrow. Anyone care to post a link?

If you can't wait for From Dust to be released, the MS Store is selling it already and apparently people are getting their codes for it. You get The Maw for free, but you will probably be out of luck with Crimson Alliance if you plan to buy all of the Summer of Arcade games.

You can also add Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet and Fruit Ninja Kinect to your cart, but I don't know if they're sending codes for those orders yet.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Paid for codes, sure.

The trail codes, no.[/QUOTE]Sorry, what do you mean by this? I have an unused 3-month subscription card lying around (that I think I got for free with Gears of War 2 a lifetime ago); if I used that, could I buy the ME2 Arrival DLC at the sale price?

[quote name='shosh']so i got gay tony last week. does that qualify for the buy 2 800 get 200 points back? or is it strictly xbla games[/QUOTE]

Strictly XBLA games to my knowledge. Don't gamble with Games on Demand purchases either.

@ Abeja

My brother actually randomly cracked his BlOps disc as well when pulling it out, that's odd.

[quote name='Sway']Since these deals last till August 1st, I'll wait till then on buying the Arrival (and maybe the Crackdown 2 DLC) just in case any promotions pop up then with their rewards program.[/QUOTE]

This was my thinking. ^ But the sale's going to end tomorrow? fuck, at least the ME2 stuff'll stay around for the rest of you.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Jeez, there are SO many better rarely-discounted 800 point XBLA titles than Pub Games! From Puzzle Quest through Duke Nukem 3D to Catan or even Rez HD!

Don't settle, try some trials![/QUOTE]

I only considered Pub Games because I'm currently playing Fable 2, but it seems the DLC makes up for the stuff you get from PG that you need for the achievements. I kinda see this promotion as a buy each XBLA title for 700 points, so I have to decide what's worth the price as well as whether or not I'll EVER get it cheaper. DN3D never goes on sale? Really? Any other suggestions?

Edit: Thanks for the list Bloomy, shit. Does that mean the prices go back up TOMORROW, or do they go back up on Wednesday?

I just wanted to confirm if someone happens to know:

Is the Fable 3 Collector's Edition DLC NOT the Understone or Traitor's Keep DLC on sale now?

Only thing I'm interested in at the moment.

Go Microsoft, way to bust my negativity on how deals tend to be poor during the Summer of Arcade promotion. Multiple DLCs across multiple games are sure to cheer up a large amount of CAG players.

Thanks to those giving information that a new purchase of Alan Wake comes with The Signal. I am thinking of purchasing the other DLC for the time I will purchase the game. Just have to weigh in an assessment if I will get it soon-ish (if a bargain price makes itself present).

I hope I can hold off of my purchasing until the 1st, in case there may be a relevant rewards offer which can double up with this sale. I already made the mistake last month when I insta-purchased Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax, and now needed to find a suitable other XBLA title to match up with Ms.'Splosion-Man for the 200MSP rewards offer. [I ended out choosing a really old XBLA title which I felt wouldn't go on sale: Omega V ... not a recommendation, just something I felt would fit my tastes and criteria for purchasing]. However, since there is no specified end date to the MS_GS DLC sale, I may have to give in to my deal jumping impulse.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I keep wanting to change my XBL tag, but i can't think of a more awesome name then "S0DA POPINSKI" lol....[/QUOTE]

More awesome than V0dka Drunkenski?

I've always wanted to change my gamertag, even to think the 800MSP would have been worth it. Alas, someone else has what I want from ye olde original Xbox days. You can take a guess as to what I would have wanted, but I've grown to be at peace with my current gamertag. Besides, I think a few leaderboard names wouldn't change to reflect the new one, yet that could mean less random "add as friend" requests by pets/kids.

[quote name='Narsis84']Sup CAGers. Long time listener, first time caller.
I wanted to give a bump to Gatling Gears for the July promo. I feel it is well worth 800 points and has fairly solid twin stick gameplay with pretty nice graphics. I picked up Greed Corp. a good while back on a DOTW and when I saw Gatling Gears; I realized the games take place in the same "universe" and was fairly sold on it knowing how good Greed Corp was. [/QUOTE]

I picked up Greed Corp. when it was on sale for 160MSP, I have yet to get to the game. I will have to hit it once I have the time to work down the backlog. I had no idea, and still not convinced, Gatling Gears happens in the same "universe". They look as if they share the same art style for settings/character maybe. I've not purchased Gatling Gears because I felt I have a few twin-stick shooters already in Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 and the indie I Maed a Gam3 w1th Z0mbies 1n it!!!1. So far from what I read, Gatling Gears' product differentiation entails co-op and a story [I do love me some co-op], but doesn't sell me on the 800MSP price point.

[quote name='crookshow']The game is very linear. You can go back to previous levels and access secret areas with your new skills, but you'll only ever find collectibles, money and occasionally the opportunity to purchase an additional unit of health or magic. Unless you plan on going for 100% completion, there isn't much incentive to backtrack. That being said, I enjoyed the game quite a bit and it's a strong purchase for 800 points if you're trying to get the rewards points for this month. If you can wait it out though, it will very likely go on sale before the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I had initially wanted to get Outland at its full 800MSP price when it came out, but it coincided with the release of Trouble Witches Neo and NinNin Jump with Bangai-o HD the week after, so I was low on points. Since I missed out, I figured I've delayed the purchase for so long, may as well wait it out to be offered for less. Even though I had a good feeling about the quality of the game, a deal can't come soon enough.

[quote name='Crono-00']Go Microsoft, way to bust my negativity on how deals tend to be poor during the Summer of Arcade promotion. Multiple DLCs across multiple games are sure to cheer up a large amount of CAG players.

Thanks to those giving information that a new purchase of Alan Wake comes with The Signal. I am thinking of purchasing the other DLC for the time I will purchase the game. Just have to weigh in an assessment if I will get it soon-ish (if a bargain price makes itself present).

I hope I can hold off of my purchasing until the 1st, in case there may be a relevant rewards offer which can double up with this sale. I already made the mistake last month when I insta-purchased Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax, and now needed to find a suitable other XBLA title to match up with Ms.'Splosion-Man for the 200MSP rewards offer. [I ended out choosing a really old XBLA title which I felt wouldn't go on sale: Omega V ... not a recommendation, just something I felt would fit my tastes and criteria for purchasing]. However, since there is no specified end date to the MS_GS DLC sale, I may have to give in to my deal jumping impulse. [/QUOTE]

+1 to everything, but Major Nelson has given indication that the Microsoft sale ends tomorrow, which knowing M$, I could believe but the ME2 DLC will remain the Deal of the Week. They can't manage a major sale to cheer us up for more than a day, apparently.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']I just wanted to confirm if someone happens to know:

Is the Fable 3 Collector's Edition DLC NOT the Understone or Traitor's Keep DLC on sale now?

Only thing I'm interested in at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Different DLC, they're keeping it LE exclusive like they did with Fable 2. If you're interested, the upcoming PC release is going to have all the LE content as well as 9/14ths of the current XBLM DLC, fo free.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Different DLC, they're keeping it LE exclusive like they did with Fable 2. If you're interested, the upcoming PC release is going to have all the LE content as well as 9/14ths of the current XBLM DLC, fo free.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, I have the Collector's Edition, though I haven't played it yet due to my absurd backlog.

I wanted to make sure the DLC from the CE didn't mean I'd be wasting points here.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']Oh no, I have the Collector's Edition, though I haven't played it yet due to my absurd backlog.

I wanted to make sure the DLC from the CE didn't mean I'd be wasting points here.[/QUOTE]

Traitor's Keep adds Achievements (10 Achievements/250G), so no. But from this IGN review, I'd recommend against the Understone DLC unless you're a complete edition whore, like myself:

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/113/1136136p1.html

[quote name='Kismayaz']Xbox twitter says dlc sale will be good til the first.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!

LET THE MASSES KNOW.

Just checked the Twitter... the link they posted has different stuff available than the original post..

Link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/MGSSpecialOffers

The fuck? Braid's on sale too? I'M SO CONFUSED. Microsoft's just pumping out all its sales for the year at once, apparently.

Original Post:
Xbox Xbox
Save 50% off add on content for popular titles like #Halo, #GoW (RP-M) and more from Microsoft Studios, now until 8/1!

[quote name='BobbyTastic']THANK YOU!

LET THE MASSES KNOW.

Just checked the Twitter... the link they posted has different stuff available than the original post..

Link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/MGSSpecialOffers

The fuck? Braid's on sale too? I'M SO CONFUSED. Microsoft's just pumping out all its sales for the year at once, apparently.

Original Post:
Xbox Xbox
Save 50% off add on content for popular titles like #Halo, #GoW (RP-M) and more from Microsoft Studios, now until 8/1![/QUOTE]

yeah but all the newly added games/items aren't actually on sale yet, maybe they will be though?

[quote name='yankeessuck']Theres still alot of people that play it. I dont know if the DLC is worth it though.[/QUOTE]

But buying the PH version with all the DLC is worth it, yes?

Also, those new additions aren't sale prices? I know Splosion Man usually goes for 800. Hmm, curious indeed.

Bobby some of those arcade games aren't on sale. Spolsions Man, Snoopy, Magic, and Braid are all 800 points to begin with. I don't know hwy they are included in there if they aren't on sale.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']But buying the PH version with all the DLC is worth it, yes?

Also, those new additions aren't sale prices? I know Splosion Man usually goes for 800. Hmm, curious indeed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah probably. Its a solid game.

if any 360 owners havent gotten ME2 DLC yet...this is the time. Lair of the Shadow Broker is AMAZING and the other entries are solid (Arrival is short but sets up ME3 well). I paid full price on all except Overlord (got that on the last sale) and they're all worth it IMO.

Are the Reach maps good? I havent played in ages but new maps might motivate me to rejoin the Live community...

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Bobby some of those arcade games aren't on sale. Spolsions Man, Snoopy, Magic, and Braid are all 800 points to begin with. I don't know hwy they are included in there if they aren't on sale.[/QUOTE]

Thought Braid went for 1200, so I assumed the rest were on sale until I saw Splosion Man. Not much of an RTS fan, which is why I held back on Halo Wars, but knowing that the PH version comes with $20 of DLC (when not on sale) makes it seem like more of a value.

The Reach maps seem like they're worth $5 a pack. I'm gonna hold off on ME2 DLC this week, too much other DLC to pick-up and the sale seems kinda meh. Might change my mind at the end of the week, we'll see.

There's something that sets my OCD off to see a price like the Arrival content. I don't want some 280 point transaction. I will NEVER spend those 20 points and will forever carry a balance.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Thought Braid went for 1200, so I assumed the rest were on sale until I saw Splosion Man. Not much of an RTS fan, which is why I held back on Halo Wars, but knowing that the PH version comes with $20 of DLC (when not on sale) makes it seem like more of a value.

The Reach maps seem like they're worth $5 a pack. I'm gonna hold off on ME2 DLC this week, too much other DLC to pick-up and the sale seems kinda meh. Might change my mind at the end of the week, we'll see.[/QUOTE]

If I remember right the Halo Wars DLC in the platinum hits package came on a card, with codes. So you could probably sell /trade those to make up some of the cost. Hopefully though, this sale will get more people playing the DLC, as usually I can never find a game for it. The online is quite fun though.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']If I remember right the Halo Wars DLC in the platinum hits package came on a card, with codes. So you could probably sell /trade those to make up some of the cost. Hopefully though, this sale will get more people playing the DLC, as usually I can never find a game for it. The online is quite fun though.[/QUOTE]

I'd probably keep it if I bought the game for $20, I'm too much of a complete edition whore otherwise. I might not bite on this sale, but I may keep an eye out for Halo Wars PH on sale.

And ugh, nothing worse than having leftover points, which you'll ultimately stack towards an 80 MSP purchase.

Forgive this question but the FAQ only addresses 48hr cards, and the previous answer a few pages back was unclear...

I have a "1-month Gold Subscription Card' that was taped to the top of my Xbox after the last repair. Will that enable me to purchase the Deal of the Week?

[quote name='pasolini']Forgive this question but the FAQ only addresses 48hr cards, and the previous answer a few pages back was unclear...

I have a "1-month Gold Subscription Card' that was taped to the top of my Xbox after the last repair. Will that enable me to purchase the Deal of the Week?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Anything 1-month or longer is considered Gold subscription and should work.

Is toy soldier a buy at 600ms or should I wait for the 400ms sale assuming there is a price reduction coming for it due to the other toy soldier game being released soon?

Price hasn't updated on the site they linked to, but I'm assuming it's a 50% off sale? Thanks RJ. And I'd say that if you're willing to wait for TS to hit 400, go for it. But it'll take at least a couple of months.

[quote name='louiedog']Yes. Anything 1-month or longer is considered Gold subscription and should work.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! It's so exciting to finally buy these after being such a CAG that I waited a year for a sale to buy ME2 and Alan Wake DLC, not to mention saving this 1-month card until i really needed it. Ok, maybe i'm a little too cheap!

[quote name='pasolini']Thanks! It's so exciting to finally buy these after being such a CAG that I waited a year for a sale to buy ME2 and Alan Wake DLC, not to mention saving this 1-month card until i really needed it. Ok, maybe i'm a little too cheap![/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad. I took full advantage of all the free 1-month Gold trials on my new Xbox at different times, Live is expensive. And many of us wait months for certain crap to go on sale just to save a small chunk of points, even if we just missed a sale on said items.

On-topic: The sale page still doesn't indicate a sale on any of the Avatar items or the XBLA titles. Is it featured on the actual Xbox dashboard? I'm semi-wary about what's staying on sale 'till the 1st, and what isn't.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Don't feel bad. I took full advantage of all the free 1-month Gold trials on my new Xbox at different times, Live is expensive. And many of us wait months for certain crap to go on sale just to save a small chunk of points, even if we just missed a sale on said items.

On-topic: The sale page still doesn't indicate a sale on any of the Avatar items or the XBLA titles. Is it featured on the actual Xbox dashboard? I'm semi-wary about what's staying on sale 'till the 1st, and what isn't.[/QUOTE]

I just had my 360 on and there's no mention of it in the sale/deals section, only the DotW ME2 content is listed. I didn't go into the game marketplace and check so there is a chance that sale prices are reflected there.

edit: Just checked and the the XBLA games (the ones I don't have and can see prices on) have not dropped yet.

I bought the Gears 2 All Fronts pack after I missed it the last time it was on sale. Plus this is the last chance to get the pack cheap and use it before Gears 3 comes out.

[quote name='louiedog']I do finger yoga daily.[/QUOTE]

..But are you fast on the trigger when it comes to shooters? :bouncy:

Thanks for posting links to buy the games early btw :applause:

Fruit Ninja Kinect...perhaps get The Maw free? What a deal. :hot: :cold:

-Edit- Bought Fruit Ninja Kinect, went to my 360 dashboard and it wouldn't redeem the code. (Just a warning) I already own The Maw, but when I tried to redeem the code it showed it as valid so that'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back