XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Hadn't really been paying too much attention to XBLA games lately. But was surprised to see that they're charging 800 points for Fruit Ninja Kinect. Yes, it's kind of a fun diversion on an iPod Touch/Phone, and I can see it being great with the Kinect. But $10 for a game that sells for $1 and sometimes free on the iOS?

I'll have to await reviews to see if it's worth it, particularly since most of the Kinect line-up has been less than stellar.

[quote name='Bradisback']Is toy soldier a buy at 600ms or should I wait for the 400ms sale assuming there is a price reduction coming for it due to the other toy soldier game being released soon?[/QUOTE]

Is it going on sale for 600? I don't recall it ever going for that. Always seems like it drops to a paltry 800 points which is a no go for me. 600 maybe. 400 probably.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']If I remember right the Halo Wars DLC in the platinum hits package came on a card, with codes. So you could probably sell /trade those to make up some of the cost. Hopefully though, this sale will get more people playing the DLC, as usually I can never find a game for it. The online is quite fun though.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. Just checked Amazon and you can buy Halo Wars PH for $20 and trade it in for $15. So you can scoop up the all the DLC for a mere $5 instead of $10. Works for me. I've had the CE lying around forever in my backlog so I passed the last couple times it went on sale but for whatever reason I'm motivated to buy the DLC this time.

EDIT: Naturally I go to lock in the TIV and it drops another dollar. Now it's $14 so the DLC is $6 total instead of the $10 you can get it for on discount through XBLA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one that is excited for the Fable III DLC being on sale? LoL probably.

Anyone know how the Crackdown 2 DLC is? Is it worth picking it up?

[quote name='DarkMinerva']Am I the only one that is excited for the Fable III DLC being on sale? LoL probably.

Anyone know how the Crackdown 2 DLC is? Is it worth picking it up?[/QUOTE]

Cracdown 2 dlc are awesome and toybox is a total must for the rocket boots for use in the reg game. Deluge is just so awesome both are a must.

They goofed on fable 3 dlc price it was 200 but now 280 for the one. I missed out on it myself... I had to think if i want it cause i do not own it yet and me waiting jacked it up 80 points.

Thanks I will have to pick them up.

As far as Fable DLC goes I already own the Understone pack and was kinda disappointed in it. It didn't add that much to the game but for 200 points I would say it is worth it. From what I have heard Traitor's keep is by much better.

Aren't the DLC, XBLA games, and avatar stuff from the one link from a previous sale. I don't think those arcade games are going to go on sale; I think it's an old link. I am like 90% sure there was a sale maybe two months ago that was the exact same.

[quote name='kingzblend121']^
I'm talking about the link with Braid, Snoopy Flying Ace, South Park and other games.[/QUOTE]

I hope not I was wanting to pick up a few things now that I have points:-({|=

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Cracdown 2 dlc are awesome and toybox is a total must for the rocket boots for use in the reg game. Deluge is just so awesome both are a must.

They goofed on fable 3 dlc price it was 200 but now 280 for the one. I missed out on it myself... I had to think if i want it cause i do not own it yet and me waiting jacked it up 80 points.[/QUOTE]

+1 ^

I'm surprised at the amount of people who are excited about the Fable 3 DLC (I'm among you, but that's most likely because I'm currently playing 2).

$3.50 isn't bad for a shit DLC, even if you don't own the game and you're waiting for it to hit $20 (like myself).

I think MS might have goofed with that promotion link, I agree. I just hope that the real sale DOES last 'till August 1st.

[quote name='Joartrak']Do new copies of Alan Wake still come with The Signal DLC?[/QUOTE]

That's funny, we actually discussed this earlier on Tuesday. Yes, new retail copies of Alan Wake come with The Signal DLC, so just pick up the Writer unless you're stuck with one of those downloadable vouchers and are fine with it, in which case you should pick up The Signal as well. It's a filler $10, but at most it'll cost $7 of MSP ($3.50 for this sale) so.. if you spot yourself a nice used price, go for it.

Edit: Filler $10 is what I call the content included to give incentive to buy a game new, even if it's not $10.

Also, @ below post, no problem. Didn't feel like just posting "Np".

[quote name='BobbyTastic']That's funny, we actually discussed this earlier on Tuesday. Yes, new retail copies of Alan Wake come with The Signal DLC, so just pick up the Writer unless you're stuck with one of those downloadable vouchers and are fine with it, in which case you should pick up The Signal as well. It's a filler $10, but at most it'll cost $7 of MSP ($3.50 for this sale) so.. if you spot yourself a nice used price, go for it.[/QUOTE]

I rented it and beat it awhile ago but wanting to pick this up as a Backlog/filler game so was waiting for the DLC to go on sale to pick them up. :) thanks!

Ugh, Xbox hasn't amended their Twitter link, nor has anyone actually confirmed jack crap about what's on sale/when the sale ends. I'm going to ASSUME it's running 'till the 1st and that their link was incorrect. I hope Major Nelson is wrong. =/

[quote name='Joartrak']I rented it and beat it awhile ago but wanting to pick this up as a Backlog/filler game so was waiting for the DLC to go on sale to pick them up. :) thanks![/QUOTE]

It could still make sense to get The Signal if you can find a used copy on Ebay for low enough. In other words used copy + dlc + dlc might = less than a new copy + the writer? I have no clue but just throwing that out there. Definitely get the writer though.

[quote name='karyadi']-200 MSP Rebate when you purchase two (2) 800 MSP (or more) XBLA titles.

Does that include DLC?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, no, it must be an XBL Arcade title. No DLC.

I also took a look at the Halo Wars DLC, since I'm planning on nabbing a copy from my local Sears on clearance, but since both DLC are $5 each, I'll just take the Platinum Hits copy and save myself a few dollars.

My initial reaction after playing a bit of Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet: I think you'd be out of your mind to pass on ITSP if you are at all a fan of either 1) Metroid-vania style games or 2) 2D games with amazing art styles. Seriously, it plays like the Metroid game that was never made, where Samus hops into her ship and has an entire adventure flying around a freaky, fiendish world. Happy to answer any questions if people are undecided.

In actual deal news, I'm still considering the Fable III DLC... always hate to buy DLC for games I haven't even played yet : /

Did anyone buy the Kinect Sports Calorie Challenge Pack? What the hell does it give you and is it worth $2? Is it just some characters you play the existing games with, or does it add anything new?

True.

Here's a deal of the week I'd like to see: 10% off MS points. That would actually add value to being Gold, without adding too much value (points can be bought for 20% off at retail quite regularly).

PSN+ offers much better value than XBL Gold when it comes to downloadable content pricing. I use to buy all my multi platform content on the 360, but because of the aggressive PSN sales I've made the switch. Still hanging in for the exclusive content though. Going to buy Bastion and ITSP!!

[quote name='Bloomy']Toys R Us coupon for 10% off XBL points cards (as well as iTunes, PSN and Nintendo). Only good 7/27 and 7/28. Better than nothing.

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/072611_Ds_TRU_Seasonal.pdf[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. Printed and picking 2 up today.

So has anyone not had success with buying ITSP early from the Microsoft Store? If it is still workign this afternoon, i'll pick it up. I dont plan on grabbing Fruit Ninja or TS:CW. So I am not worried about the possibility of losing out on Crimson Alliance but I will take a free Maw copy.

Forza DLC is tempting but with 4 coming out in October and the fact I'm getting the Limited Collectors Edition of that...I'll hold off.

[quote name='Vigilante']Sorry, what do you mean by this? I have an unused 3-month subscription card lying around (that I think I got for free with Gears of War 2 a lifetime ago); if I used that, could I buy the ME2 Arrival DLC at the sale price?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yeah, that should work.

The only thing that would work is the 48 hour cards i believe.[/QUOTE]

Correct. The 48 Hour codes give you Gold Access, but don't set your account to Gold. There might be some one months as well, but not as prevalent. If it was a 3 Month Card, you should be fine regardless of how you got it.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']My initial reaction after playing a bit of Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet: I think you'd be out of your mind to pass on ITSP if you are at all a fan of either 1) Metroid-vania style games or 2) 2D games with amazing art styles. Seriously, it plays like the Metroid game that was never made, where Samus hops into her ship and has an entire adventure flying around a freaky, fiendish world. Happy to answer any questions if people are undecided.
[/QUOTE]

I have heard it's a 4 hour game.

[quote name='intoxicated662']By the way, Trenched xbla game has raised in price to 1200 msp.[/QUOTE]

To 1200 from 1200? Seems like it's more or less unchanged to me.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']To 1200 from 1200? Seems like it's more or less unchanged to me.[/QUOTE]

no because on that lsit where a couple of xbla games that I also thought have lowered in price. Someone said that they saw Toy soliders for 600. I check online and on my 360 only to find out that wasn't the case.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']no because on that lsit where a couple of xbla games that I also thought have lowered in price. Someone said that they saw Toy soliders for 600. I check online and on my 360 only to find out that wasn't the case.[/QUOTE]

It seems there was some confusion about some games being on sale. I also looked at Toy Soldiers only to find it was still full price. It's been 800 a few times but never 600.

I'd kill for Trenched to be on sale for 600. It's #2 on my want list right now behind Outland and in front of Bastion. Amazing games from the demos I played but alas, full price is not gonna happen-even if they are worth it. Gotta vote with my wallet and I believe $10 should be the ceiling for arcade games not $15. And yes I know Outland is priced well at $10 but being a big release I anticipate a killer sale by year end.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']It seems there was some confusion about some games being on sale. I also looked at Toy Soldiers only to find it was still full price. It's been 800 a few times but never 600.

I'd kill for Trenched to be on sale for 600. It's #2 on my want list right now behind Outland and in front of Bastion. Amazing games from the demos I played but alas, full price is not gonna happen-even if they are worth it. Gotta vote with my wallet and I believe $10 should be the ceiling for arcade games not $15. And yes I know Outland is priced well at $10 but being a big release I anticipate a killer sale by year end.[/QUOTE]

i feel you pain. I bought MAgic this month and now i have to buy another 800 MSPpoint game. I want Ms. Spolsion Man but i know it will go on sale atleast twice before the year ends. I might pick up some old game that will never get a price reduction.

I remember seeing Trenched for 800 msp about 2 weeks ago or so. I didn't have ms points to buy it then though so I waited and now it's up to 1200 msp so i'll have to wait again for a price drop/sale. Oh well, any recommendations on what should be my 2nd purchase for the reward promotion? Already got Torchlight.

Am deciding between Outland, Guwange and Trouble Witches Neo..

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Can anyone tell me which Forza 3 DLC isn't in the Platinum Hits edition?[/QUOTE]

Only the VIP Car pack (which was only included in the LE version of the game) and the Community Choice pack (which was released after the Ultimate Edition) are not included in the Platinum (Ultimate) Edition.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I remember seeing Trenched for 800 msp about 2 weeks ago or so. I didn't have ms points to buy it then though so I waited and now it's up to 1200 msp so i'll have to wait again for a price drop/sale. Oh well, any recommendations on what should be my 2nd purchase for the reward promotion? Already got Torchlight.

Am deciding between Outland, Guwange and Trouble Witches Neo..[/QUOTE]

I ended up getting Soul Calibur and Bubble Bobble Neo. The former was a lock and the latter was purchased to play with my brother who is a nut for Bubble Bobble and since I was buying at his house to share it I thought it was the best choice. I really wanted to buy TWN and Strania too but they will have to wait some more. I console myself with the fact that TWN is still fairly new so I can hope for the sale that will never come.

Buying old games that will never go on sale is absolutely the best way to take advantage of the buy 2 800+ games get 200 back promo.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']Only the VIP Car pack (which was only included in the LE version of the game) and the Community Choice pack (which was released after the Ultimate Edition) are not included in the Platinum (Ultimate) Edition.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I ended up getting Soul Calibur and Bubble Bobble Neo. The former was a lock and the latter was purchased to play with my brother who is a nut for Bubble Bobble and since I was buying at his house to share it I thought it was the best choice. I really wanted to buy TWN and Strania too but they will have to wait some more. I console myself with the fact that TWN is still fairly new so I can hope for the sale that will never come.

Buying old games that will never go on sale is absolutely the best way to take advantage of the buy 2 800+ games get 200 back promo.[/QUOTE]

This is my thought process. Then watch them go on sale anyway. :whistle2:/

[quote name='intoxicated662']I remember seeing Trenched for 800 msp about 2 weeks ago or so. I didn't have ms points to buy it then though so I waited and now it's up to 1200 msp so i'll have to wait again for a price drop/sale. [/QUOTE]

Trenched has always been 1200 points. It was Gatling Gears that dropped to 800 points a few weeks back.

I think Outland will go on sale in the fall, it's a big hit and seems likely that a Ubisoft title will have a better chance going on sale rather than something by SNK, Cave or a smaller company. Now you've got me thinking of getting Triggerheart Exelica. Anyone ever get word of when the MS studios sale ends afterall?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'd kill for Trenched to be on sale for 600. It's #2 on my want list right now behind Outland and in front of Bastion. Amazing games from the demos I played but alas, full price is not gonna happen-even if they are worth it. Gotta vote with my wallet and I believe $10 should be the ceiling for arcade games not $15. And yes I know Outland is priced well at $10 but being a big release I anticipate a killer sale by year end.[/QUOTE]

It's ok man, you're on CAG. You don't have to explain yourself any more. You're home now. Welcome home.

Was torchlight on sale in July? I picked it up when it was the deal of the week so I would only need one more 800 point game for the reward.

I have such a backlog of games though it seems like a waste to miss this reward.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I ended up getting Soul Calibur and Bubble Bobble Neo. The former was a lock and the latter was purchased to play with my brother who is a nut for Bubble Bobble and since I was buying at his house to share it I thought it was the best choice. I really wanted to buy TWN and Strania too but they will have to wait some more. I console myself with the fact that TWN is still fairly new so I can hope for the sale that will never come.

Buying old games that will never go on sale is absolutely the best way to take advantage of the buy 2 800+ games get 200 back promo.[/QUOTE]

You got Soul Caliber. That's the game I was thinking to get in order to get the rebate. Is the online any good, is anyone on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back