XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this has been asked (and it probably has), but will the Reach map packs that are on sale now be included in the Halo Combat Evolved remake disc? If they are, I'll pass, if not, I might go ahead and spring for them.

[quote name='Doctor Who']Just picked up Crackdown 2 for only £6.18 on Amazon, so decided to pick up the two DLCs since they are half price.

Might have to purchase some more game add ons that I never got round to buying, so I can qualify for the Xbox Rewards 160 points back thing.[/QUOTE]

I love crackdown 2, and the DLC is a must (well just the toy box really) Rocket boots FTW!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm going to change my tag to xXx N00b Pwner 420 69 xXx... and then change it back.[/QUOTE]

It's catchy alright... ha ha...

[quote name='Foladar']Just a quick question, but I assume redeeming points, you were just entering the code and the error came up? I also got in for the $1/mo Xbox Live Gold but I've been able to redeem codes (Ms Splosion Man, Gears 3 DLC Griffin, etc) without issue, so unsure if I have to call or not.

Couldn't decide on Arrival but figured for the price, it can't hurt. Mass Effect 2 is really good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. And I think they only did it if you got 4 months for $4 with that glitch, so if you did it once or maybe twice, I think you're fine?

And a shame indie games don't count towards the 1600 for 160, whatever I guess I'll get one of the Red Dead 80 DLC's (already bought Deadly Assassin so I might as well get the War Horse).

Anyone know if either of the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC packs have gone on sale? Just picked up the CE and want to know if I missed my shot at getting them, as I'm definitely not going to blow 800 MSP on each.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Are the Reach map packs still on sale? I thought it expired yesterday...may have to jump on this[/QUOTE]

Lots of misinformation went out about how long that sale lasted. MajorNelson said 1 day only. XboxSupport said 1 week. If you want them, I'd move quickly as the 1 week windows should have closed this morning.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm going to change my tag to xXx N00b Pwner 420 69 xXx... and then change it back.[/QUOTE]

We can have a clan man, I'll change mine to xXx N00b Pwner 420 70 xXx ;)

[quote name='jbz']time to change my gamer tag. i still think it's bullsht that they charge anything to change it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they should do it like PSN so that people who can't make up their mind don't even have the option.

[quote name='reddjoey']Lots of misinformation went out about how long that sale lasted. MajorNelson said 1 day only. XboxSupport said 1 week. If you want them, I'd move quickly as the 1 week windows should have closed this morning.[/QUOTE]

They went on sale Thursday, so if it were a week, it would still be active. They show up at 400 points each, but I get an error message when I try to buy them.

Very disappointed with this week's dotw. Atleast Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet comes out tomorrow.

For those of you who purchased the SOA titles early through microsoft's online store, the redeem codes for Fruit Ninja Kinect are now working.

[quote name='Decker']They went on sale Thursday, so if it were a week, it would still be active. They show up at 400 points each, but I get an error message when I try to buy them.[/QUOTE]

Could have swore it was Tuesday. MajorNelson's blog says it started up Tuesday 7/26. In the OP i have 27th? If you are getting errors, it's likely over

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']The only way this week could get worse is if they put Risk: Factions on sale for the 12th time as well as an extra slap in the face.[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahahha :applause: !!!!

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']The only way this week could get worse is if they put Risk: Factions on sale for the 12th time as well as an extra slap in the face.[/QUOTE]

You joke, but if they did I know my buddy would get that since he is just getting an xbox for the first time.

[quote name='reddjoey']Could have swore it was Tuesday. MajorNelson's blog says it started up Tuesday 7/26. In the OP i have 27th? If you are getting errors, it's likely over[/QUOTE]

Looking on Xbox.com it seems half of the stuff in the sale has gone back up to full price whereas the rest are still at their sale prices. I guess they still could be in the process in updating the prices. :S

[quote name='spectreon']FANCY PANTS ADVENTURES 50% off 400 MSP (from 800) Family Pack deal of the week!!!! Heck yeah!!!![/QUOTE]

Cool, downloading the trial at the mo to see if its any good or not. :)

[quote name='spectreon']FANCY PANTS ADVENTURES 50% off 400 MSP (from 800) Family Pack deal of the week!!!! Heck yeah!!!![/QUOTE]

Not showing for me (on Xbox Live Gold) ... are the Family DOTW now exclusive to family pack subscriptions?

[quote name='twztid13']august's reward is get 160 msp when you buy 1600 msp worth of add-ons.[/QUOTE]

Of course I'm screwed for getting DA 2 DLC on day 1.

[quote name='twztid13']august's reward is get 160 msp when you buy 1600 msp worth of add-ons.[/QUOTE]

I think they're trying to test what the lowest rebate they can give is and still get a sales spike. Last month it was 200 msp for essentially 1600 in games, now 160 msp for 1600 in add-ons.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Of course I'm screwed for getting DA 2 DLC on day 1.[/QUOTE]

How so? You've had the DLC for several months to play, get the achievements and so forth. The ones who actually got "screwed" are the ones who waited so long for a sale to finally get to play the dlc but at the cost for a discount. Either pay full price and play it @ release and all or save a few dollars and wait it out patiently for a sale.

I never understood the ideology of some people but to each their own. Hooray for myself having patience to buy RB dlc as now I can at least get something back. I guess I "screwed" harmonix/MS as I waited it out a couple of days to see what the rewards promotion would be for this month :bouncy: :applause: :) :D ;)

[quote name='Cheapskate']I think they're trying to test what the lowest rebate they can give is and still get a sales spike. Last month it was 200 msp for essentially 1600 in games, now 160 msp for 1600 in add-ons.[/QUOTE]

Then we only have a couple of more months until we get the "Buy any 4 Games on Demand and get 125 points back!" deal.

*I kid! I kid! (Please don't get any ideas!)*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='intoxicated662']How so? You've had the DLC for several months to play, get the achievements and so forth. The ones who actually got "screwed" are the ones who waited so long for a sale to finally get to play the dlc but at the cost for a discount. Either pay full price and play it @ release and all or save a few dollars and wait it out patiently for a sale.

I never understood the ideology of some people but to each their own. Hooray for myself having patience to buy RB dlc as now I can at least get something back. I guess I "screwed" harmonix/MS as I waited it out a couple of days to see what the rewards promotion would be for this month :bouncy: :applause: :) :D ;)[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I thought as I read this :lol:

[quote name='Decker']Sorry if this has been asked (and it probably has), but will the Reach map packs that are on sale now be included in the Halo Combat Evolved remake disc? If they are, I'll pass, if not, I might go ahead and spring for them.[/QUOTE]

Copied from Gamefaqs, user Smackdowner1:

No.

There are six new competitive maps and one new firefight map for Halo Reach in Anniversary. That's it.

None of the previous Reach base multiplayer maps or DLC will be included. You can play Reach matchmaking through Anniversary, but will be confined to specific Anniversary map playlists.

You can also install the Anniversary maps to your 360 and play them in Reach, along with whatever you have already.

No freebies.

Hmmm... I have to dig around and see if there are any addons I'm interested in that aren't likely to go on sale anytime soon (if ever).

I would actually buy it, so it's definitely better than this week's DOTW.

Does anyone know if items from the marketplace, for instance gamerpics, count as "add-ons/DLC" for the August Xbox Rewards promotion? I'm about 80 points short, though I'm sure I'll find something later in the month. I just would like to know for future reference.

I tried the trial for Fancy Pants and while fun and while there's a lot to collect, I believe I'm still going to 'pass' with there just being 11 levels.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Does anyone know if items from the marketplace, for instance gamerpics, count as "add-ons/DLC" for the August Xbox Rewards promotion? I'm about 80 points short, though I'm sure I'll find something later in the month. I just would like to know for future reference.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they don't considering "Game Add-ons" and "Themes and Gamer Pictures" are the names of two completely separate categories.

When in doubt, find the item on xbox.com. If it has an icon that looks like a controller with a + on the bottom right, it's an add-on. If it's got a different icon it isn't part of the promotion.

kinda off topic BUT still dlc related.

-I have a card with blood dragon armor for ME2, came with used DA:O ultimate. is there anyway to tell if its been used, since you have to enter it online through your bioware account?

kinda off topic BUT still dlc related.

-I have a card with blood dragon armor for ME2, came with used DA:O ultimate. is there anyway to tell if its been used, since you have to enter it online through your bioware account?

[quote name='bajingo']kinda off topic BUT still dlc related.

-I have a card with blood dragon armor for ME2, came with used DA:O ultimate. is there anyway to tell if its been used, since you have to enter it online through your bioware account?[/QUOTE]

It doesnt hurt to try most likely they may have used it but i bought a rock band metal tracks for 2 bucks and the codes wasnt used so i was able to redeem it

-I have a card with blood dragon armor for ME2, came with used DA:O ultimate. is there anyway to tell if its been used, since you have to enter it online through your bioware account?[/QUOTE]

I don't *think* there's a way to tell if it's been used other than attempting to redeem it through your Bioware account. Unfortunately, I don't think it gives you a prompt like redeeming a code via the Xbox 360 Dashboard.

welll, to anyone who read that and doesnt know BUT WANTS to know, i chatted up 2 EA cs reps (bc the first one spoke broken english and said "No that the code is valid yet") and they said the code IS still valid past its july 30 expiration date, and that it was unused, yay!
so if same issue happens for anyone, just chat a cs rep to check your code, thanks for the responses guys. I didnt want to check it by entering it bc i already got the armor from that short me2 promo content glitch.
purple monkey dishwasher.

[quote name='bajingo']I didnt want to check it by entering it bc i already got the armor from that short me2 promo content glitch.
purple monkey dishwasher.[/QUOTE]FYI, you cannot check/verify a Bioware code on their site. It'll redeem as soon as you click the button, whether you already have it or not. I wasted a DAII SE code that way trying to verify it was good. I now have 2 redeemed DAII SE codes on my account.

Damn, I missed the Alan Wake DLC sale, I just beat the game too. Oh well, I'm glad I checked before I added points to my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back