XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kinect Sports Calorie Challenge Pack is actually a good buy if you own Kinect Sports. It adds a new, challenging mode with a bunch of different timed challenges, new mascots for the party mode, and several Achievements.

[quote name='Bradisback']Not the first time I have been wrong and not the last. According to xbldb.com all the price reductions that disapeared have gone live except cell factor.
The one I was mainly interested in.

Edit: it's not showing on xbldb.com yet but I just bought it for 400pts!!!![/QUOTE]

I can confirm that Cell Factor is now indeed 400 points, just bought it myself!

I have 1220 points. I'd pick up the Kinect Sports Calorie Challenge pack on that rec, but I'm sure Trials Evolution is going to be 1200 points, so I guess I'll have to skip that DLC. What I'll do with 20 points after I get Trials, I have no idea.

[quote name='crunchewy']I have 1220 points. I'd pick up the Kinect Sports Calorie Challenge pack on that rec, but I'm sure Trials Evolution is going to be 1200 points, so I guess I'll have to skip that DLC. What I'll do with 20 points after I get Trials, I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know if they have set a release date for trials eve yet?

[quote name='Spylon']Thanks for sharing my site. I really appreciate people using it and any feedback.
[/QUOTE]

I keep forgetting to throw your site in the FAQ.

Should be fixed by this afternoon. Can anyone think of anything else I am missing (I know the recent drops aren't up yet, but I'm still waiting on the xbox.com).

[quote name='eastx']The Kinect Sports Calorie Challenge Pack is actually a good buy if you own Kinect Sports. It adds a new, challenging mode with a bunch of different timed challenges, new mascots for the party mode, and several Achievements.[/QUOTE]
agreed!

[quote name='reddjoey']I keep forgetting to throw your site in the FAQ.

Should be fixed by this afternoon. Can anyone think of anything else I am missing (I know the recent drops aren't up yet, but I'm still waiting on the xbox.com).[/QUOTE]
Thanks reddjoey. I appreciate the support. If the site becomes better then I won't miss out on any deals and hopefully no one else will either. ;)

The next thing I plan on adding whether a drop is available to all members or just gold members. I think this will help identify sales vs price drops.

Also once I get confirmation on the Family Pack Deal, I'll get a screen shot and upload it, but the Kinect Sports DLC does look like it. Nothing on the dash yet thou.

[quote name='Bradisback']Anyone know if they have set a release date for trials eve yet?[/QUOTE]

No, but I have a feeling that we won't see it for at least a month + 1 week, because Redlynx is releasing Motoheroz on WiiWare on the 15th (which I'm also really looking forward to), and I doubt they are going to want to compete with themselves, even though it's different consoles. I'm guessing that it will be a month after that, but who knows?

I didn't keep up on sales whenever New Vegas DLC was released but did they lower the price on previous DLC whenever New Vegas came out with a new one? I heard Lonesome Road is coming out this month.

[quote name='Screwhead281']I didn't keep up on sales whenever New Vegas DLC was released but did they lower the price on previous DLC whenever New Vegas came out with a new one? I heard Lonesome Road is coming out this month.[/QUOTE]

Nope, pretty sure there might have been one sale on New Vegas DLC since they started coming out with it, but they generally don't put stuff on sale after a new add-on is released. You're better just waiting for the GotY edition, especially since each add-on increases your level cap by 5, so it's harder to pick and choose.

I'm thinking of buying the Bad Company 2 Ultimate edition. What DLC is not in this package that I should get from the Deal of the Week sale?

Thanks.

[quote name='Spylon']I'm thinking of buying the Bad Company 2 Ultimate edition. What DLC is not in this package that I should get from the Deal of the Week sale?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Vietnam for sure, it's not in the ultimate edition.

SPECTACT kit also, not 100% sure about this one though, someone else should clarify.

Wayforward continues to ALMOST make good games but consistently fail at eliminating all the stupid nonsense that separates poor games from good. Dammit all to hell.

[quote name='Newl']Vietnam for sure, it's not in the ultimate edition.

SPECTACT kit also, not 100% sure about this one though, someone else should clarify.[/QUOTE]

Ultimate Edition Specific Features:

• Battlefield 1943 - the Ultimate Edition includes the award-winning and best-selling downloadable game Battlefield 1943. Enjoy the thrill of a fully featured WW2 online shooter with the unique Battlefield sandbox experience.
  • Onslaught Mode - play 4-player co-op in this expansion that challenges elite squads to get to the top of the Onslaught-specific leaderboards, and serves as an introduction to multiplayer for those new to the battlefield.
  • Limited Edition unlocks - get immediate access to four vehicle related unlocks and two weapon unlocks from day 1, a bonus originally included in the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Editio

[quote name='shinn']EA servers are shutting down?? when is this happening?[/QUOTE]

I don't have any info. It's more of a philosophical thing, gotta vote with your wallet.

[quote name='illennium']The only reason to get something early is to have it early. You get to have the experience before most other people. If that's worth something to you, go for it. If not, don't. Anyone who's been observing the video game industry for more than 10 minutes knows that games drop in price. And also that publishers market deals as "limited" or "the best offer you're gonna get" only to re-print and/or drop prices later. If you feel like you got burned, fine, learn from it and make future decisions differently so you don't get burned again.

Whenever I buy a game or other luxury item, I think "Am I happy paying this price for this item even if it goes down later or others get it for less?" If the answer is yes, I buy it. If not, I don't. Some people (not just here, on all deal sites that I've seen and probably elsewhere as well) seem to get upset if they don't get the best possible price of all time for a game, or if others get a better price months later (which, again, in the games industry is inevitable). That's just silly. It doesn't matter what other people are willing to pay. What are you willing to pay?[/QUOTE]

well said friend, well said.

Worth is subjective, so a 'deal' is also subjective. I figured the pass or at least the DLC individually would be make a debut on DOTW.

Oh, a general note to everyone. Do not buy BF: BC2 Ultimate Edition any more for the DLC (at least for the 360), I got mine and the paper in it says that the codes expired on August 31st, 2011 (I assume this is universal). Of course the price doesn't reflect this yet. >_>;

[quote name='Tsel']Wow, and for only $20? That's not too bad. Is it being considered an arcade game or Games on Demand?[/QUOTE]

I know Joystiq reported it as XBLA, but I think it would have to be Games on Demand, since it definitely doesn't seem like Crysis would fit within the 2 GB limit. And I'm hoping for it to be GoD so there will be 1000 GS instead of 200 :D

So with the Rockstar Pass you get all the LA Noire dlc, right? You get all 4 cases (320mps each) for 640msp (or like a buy 2 get 2 free), is this correct?

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']So with the Rockstar Pass you get all the LA Noire dlc, right? You get all 4 cases (320mps each) for 640msp (or like a buy 2 get 2 free), is this correct?[/QUOTE]

You also get the extra suits, and the Badge Pursuit challenge.

Also, Crysis 1 port? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

And in regards to the BF: BC 2 DLC, maybe it hasn't expired, but I wouldn't risk it since the Ultimate Edition retails ~ $40. The Onslaught DLC that comes with it is better off being bought now, and I doubt any of you wanted to pay $15 for BF 1942 anyways.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']So with the Rockstar Pass you get all the LA Noire dlc, right? You get all 4 cases (320mps each) for 640msp (or like a buy 2 get 2 free), is this correct?[/QUOTE]
All cases, all suits.

The DLC cases average out to be an acceptable addition to a crummy game. Naked City is a good story, largely because it was nicked wholesale from a movie and feels like it, but boy I hope you like tailing people. Slip of the Tongue is just one of the game's better cases period. Nicholson Electroplating is tepid and Reefer Madness just bites.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']I know Joystiq reported it as XBLA, but I think it would have to be Games on Demand, since it definitely doesn't seem like Crysis would fit within the 2 GB limit. And I'm hoping for it to be GoD so there will be 1000 GS instead of 200 :D[/QUOTE]

I've read other sites that say xbla, so it'll prolly be only 200 gs :( I sure wish it would be 1k like the Resident Evil ones......and how the hell is crysis gonna fit under that 2 GB limit for xbla?!?! When Crytek made the announcement, they said single player but didn't mention multiplayer will be coming to the Arcade

I need more clarification from Crytek!!

I definitely didn't qualify for the crimson alliance freebee (only purchased ms splosion man and some dlc during that window), but it showed up on the dash as free for me tonight.. Anyone else notice this? Fluke? rules change? is this known/old news?

[quote name='Raidy']I definitely didn't qualify for the crimson alliance freebee (only purchased ms splosion man and some dlc during that window), but it showed up on the dash as free for me tonight.. Anyone else notice this? Fluke? rules change? is this known/old news?[/QUOTE]

It's just a demo, even though it's not listed that way. You have to a character pack to play everything and get achievements.

Anyone know exactly what the BF:BC2 "kit shortcut bundle" gives you? As in, does it give you the 2nd/3rd slot special items in addition to the weapons? (ie: Ceramic Body Armor)

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']It's just a demo, even though it's not listed that way. You have to a character pack to play everything and get achievements.[/QUOTE]

Ah. I queue'd up the d/l and started watching a tv stream... Now feel silly lol. Just wanted to spread the word quick. Oh well :(

[quote name='RollingSkull']All cases, all suits.

The DLC cases average out to be an acceptable addition to a crummy game. Naked City is a good story, largely because it was nicked wholesale from a movie and feels like it, but boy I hope you like tailing people. Slip of the Tongue is just one of the game's better cases period. Nicholson Electroplating is tepid and Reefer Madness just bites.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I thought Slip of the Tongue was really bad, but Nicholson Electroplating, Reefer Madness are good, but not great, and Naked City the best of the bunch. Either way, $8 for the Rockstar Pass is definitely worth it. I got my money's worth when it was originally at $10.

Heard Renegade Ops was going up on PSN this Tuesday. Does that mean we're getting it on XBLA Wednesday? Seems rare for PSN games to go up earlier than XBLA (other than the normal 1 day, I mean) so just checking if I missed out on any info regarding this!

[quote name='mattBLiTZ']Heard Renegade Ops was going up on PSN this Tuesday. Does that mean we're getting it on XBLA Wednesday? Seems rare for PSN games to go up earlier than XBLA (other than the normal 1 day, I mean) so just checking if I missed out on any info regarding this![/QUOTE]

Not coming this week, according to Major Nelson. But I don't know if it's really coming to PSN this week either. Their website says Fall 2011 http://www.sega.com/games/renegade-ops/

Ok i have this doubt that's been killing me for a while now, I really want to buy the L.A. Noire Rockstar pass and now at $8 in the next DOtW it's a very nice deal. The problem i have with it is when i read the description from the marketplace theres a line that bothers me a lot and here it is:

"DO NOT download this content from Xbox Live Marketplace to avoid being charged twice."

WTF! I won't pay twice for the content, even if it's a nice deal. Is there a way i can download it without being charged twice?

[quote name='Pensiever']Ok i have this doubt that's been killing me for a while now, I really want to buy the L.A. Noire Rockstar pass and now at $8 in the next DOtW it's a very nice deal. The problem i have with it is when i read the description from the marketplace theres a line that bothers me a lot and here it is:

"DO NOT download this content from Xbox Live Marketplace to avoid being charged twice."

WTF! I won't pay twice for the content, even if it's a nice deal. Is there a way i can download it without being charged twice?[/QUOTE]

You have to do the downloads from in-game.

[quote name='Pensiever']Ok i have this doubt that's been killing me for a while now, I really want to buy the L.A. Noire Rockstar pass and now at $8 in the next DOtW it's a very nice deal. The problem i have with it is when i read the description from the marketplace theres a line that bothers me a lot and here it is:

WTF! I won't pay twice for the content, even if it's a nice deal. Is there a way i can download it without being charged twice?[/QUOTE]

I *think* the idea behind this disclaimer is the same one that they include with Rock Band songs/packs, which is that the DLC is available as single downloads and as bundles. I believe this is just warning you against buying the Rockstar Pass and then accidentally downloading the individual items (I guess if you're not paying attention and you assume that since you've already purchased the pass, it won't charge you again).

No, you can buy the DLC in-game or in the marketplace. You need to buy the rockstar pass in the marketplace and then go into the game to the DLC section and download the DLC there. You would get doublecharged if you bought the pass and then proceeded to buy the content in the marketplace.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Hoping for a good deal on some GTA IV DLC this week...I need to rebuy TLAD and want it at 400 MSP.[/QUOTE]
GTA DLC was discounted a few weeks ago ;)

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the five games that were supposed to drop to 400 Microsoft Points last week just did this weekend. They are:

Panzer General
War World
CellFactor: CykoKinetic Wars
Voodoo Dice
Bejeweled 2

They don't seem to require Gold for the new prices.

[quote name='whitereflection']I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the five games that were supposed to drop to 400 Microsoft Points last week just did this weekend. They are:

Panzer General
War World
CellFactor: CykoKinetic Wars
Voodoo Dice
Bejeweled 2

They don't seem to require Gold for the new prices.[/QUOTE]

Sale or permanent price-drop?
If it's permanent, I'll wait. If it's a sale, I'll buy.

[quote name='nCogNeato']Sale or permanent price-drop?
If it's permanent, I'll wait. If it's a sale, I'll buy.[/QUOTE]

I think they are permanent as they are on the "Recently dropped prices" panel as opposed to the DOTW panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back