XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sp8001']Anyone notice any more drops? Beyond Good and Evil still at full price :([/QUOTE]

Bummer been waiting for that to go on sale.

[quote name='reddjoey']Oh man, I have class in the am. Guess, I'll go to bed early and get up early to update the OP[/QUOTE]
As if you don't have enough to do? Don't stress about it ... we're already spoiled by all you do within this thread!

[quote name='utopianmachine']Oh man. That's so tempting. I have it on Steam, but I'd rather play it on Xbox.

But my husband wants to play Torchlight 2 on Steam with me when it comes out. I should probably be familiar with PC controls...

Or get it on Xbox.

Ack![/QUOTE]

I thought I read somewhere that Torchlight 2 would have gamepad support on pc...

[quote name='lazyb']games i'd most like to see go on sale:

beyond good and evil
full house poker
Bastion[/QUOTE]
Full House Poker is awful. And by awful, I mean brutally bad. It will do nothing but make you a worse poker player. Glitchy achievements, online freezes, and terrible competition online to boot. Probably the worst purchase I have ever made on XBL. Definitely my biggest regret purchase.

And what sucks is that it had so much potential to be great.

[quote name='simmias']Full House Poker is awful. And by awful, I mean brutally bad. It will do nothing but make you a worse poker player. Glitchy achievements, online freezes, and terrible competition online to boot. Probably the worst purchase I have ever made on XBL. Definitely my biggest regret purchase.

And what sucks is that it had so much potential to be great.[/QUOTE]

I had the opposite experience. The game is a blast when my friends and I are all playing.

[quote name='reddjoey']Oh man, I have class in the am.

Guess, I'll go to bed early and get up early to update the OP[/QUOTE]

I agree with Cornelius. Get your sleep and update whenever you have some free time. We'll still love you.

I doubt any games from Summer of Arcade are going to be on sale.

That being said, I paid 15 bucks for Torchlight, and got my money out of it. Would have preferred 10 bucks, but at 5 it's a fucking steal. Buy unless you hate Diablo type games.

Ok, going to make a "likely candidates" for 1 day Sale list. Basically list things as they would appear in OP so I can cut and paste

XBLA:
-Hydrophobia - 240 Microsoft Points - 70% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - 400 Microsoft Points - 67% off - Metacritic
-The Path of Go - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic
-Torchlight - 400 Microsoft Points - 67% off - Metacritic - Quick Look

DLC:

Games on Demand:
Crysis 2 - 3200 Microsoft Points ($39.99) - 33% off - Metacritic - Quick Look

Themes & Gamerpics:

Indie Games:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crazydom2']Is Hydrophobia even worth that? Heard nothing but bad things about it.[/QUOTE]

for that price it is

[quote name='crazydom2']Is Hydrophobia even worth that? Heard nothing but bad things about it.[/QUOTE]

Look for reviews after they retooled it.

It does enough interesting things that, for 240, it's worth checking out. But that being said, the bad things you've heard are most likely true. They fixed a lot of stuff post-release, but certain aspects (the voice acting, for example) remain painful.

[quote name='lazyb']for that price it is[/QUOTE]

I agree with lazyb. It's not a great game, but I could recommend it at 240. I played through it and beat it. Put it down and never went back.

If unsure about the purchase, I'd wait to see what else goes on sale.

I picked it up when it was on sale for 400 and thought it was worth that price. It's not mind-blowing or anything. I'd say it's like a low-rent Tomb Raider.

If anyone is looking for a serious challenge, The Path of Go will do just that. Bordering on impossible on harder difficulties.

Hydrophobia is better on Steam, if you could call it that.

It's not innately bad but it's like all the most mediocre bits of a third person action-adventure cobbled together. Like a third Headhunter game, if you ever played that, without the quality, such as it was.

I really love The Path of Go. It is a good way to teach dopes like myself how to play Go and keep it entertaining.

Just picked up The Path of Go. $2.50 is a pretty sweet price for that game. Keep the deals coming, reddjoey. ;)

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Too early for sales on Bastion, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, and Trenched?[/QUOTE]

No way on Bastion or ITSP. Trenched is really unlikely but possible.

[quote name='mokmoof']It does enough interesting things that, for 240, it's worth checking out. But that being said, the bad things you've heard are most likely true. They fixed a lot of stuff post-release, but certain aspects (the voice acting, for example) remain painful.[/QUOTE]
240pts is a steal for this kind of game w/ full physics, big environments, inventive gameplay, un-lame AI, etc. Even if the voice acting is "over the top", it's still semi-pro, whereas some cheap 2D shooter like "Aqua" is gawd-awful. This was a bargain already at the post-patch permanent markdown price of 800pts, so 240 is simply criminal.

Trenched is unlikely considering the upcoming name change to Iron Brigade... so there will probably an influx of new marketing for the game.

[quote name='Cornelius']240pts is a steal for this kind of game w/ full physics, big environments, inventive gameplay, un-lame AI, etc. Even if the voice acting is "over the top", it's still semi-pro, whereas some cheap 2D shooter like "Aqua" is gawd-awful. This was a bargain already at the post-patch permanent markdown price of 800pts, so 240 is simply criminal.[/QUOTE]
Just to be clear: I pretty much agree. I paid 400 points and I totally feel like I got my money's worth.

Torchlight is not the type of game I'd usually buy. I own Deathspank and enjoyed it immensely. Is Torchlight in any way similar? I watched a video review and it seemed to have a similar game play style.

I know everyone says it sucks and it got horrible reviews, but would it really kill someone to drop the price of The Warriors Street Brawl so I can finally play it? lol...has it ever gone on sale? I am a huge fan of the franchise, but still can't stomach dropping $10 on it.

[quote name='steveau']Torchlight is not the type of game I'd usually buy. I own Deathspank and enjoyed it immensely. Is Torchlight in any way similar? I watched a video review and it seemed to have a similar game play style.[/QUOTE]

From what I played of the Deathspank demo, I'd say the combat is very similar.

[quote name='mightymek']I know everyone says it sucks and it got horrible reviews, but would it really kill someone to drop the price of The Warriors Street Brawl so I can finally play it? lol...has it ever gone on sale? I am a huge fan of the franchise, but still can't stomach dropping $10 on it.[/QUOTE]

Fan of the franchise, the genre, and player of the game here. I know it won't work on you but I still have to try: The game is a turd from tip to toenails. only thing I like is the boss theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back