XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slamoco']Best purchase I have personally made at full price. 2$-3$ a table is less than what I would pay for a couple of plays on a real machine AND I get to keep them. I have bought every table and will continue because I like pinball but love that I can jump straight in and spend 10 minutes or several hours playing if I want. Start with FX2 or Marvel.[/QUOTE]

This is good to hear. If you had a choice between FX2 or Marvel, which set? Also do I even need to consider the original FX tables? I read somewhere that the FX2-based tables are greatly improved over the originals.

Zen should put the original pinball tables on sale for at least even 1 day @ half off and get some people into the game then have like a 3 day weekend sale on the rest of the tables. even @ 25% off i'm sure people would still buy them. Looks like it'll be awhile longer for a pinball fx2 sale though.

Thinking of getting Bionic Commando Rearmed 2. It got okay reviews and it's a bit different from the last xbla one that was made.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']My experience was that the game was buggy as heck. There was multiple occassions when we simply could not complete a level because of a game breaking bug. It is truly awful and a steaming pile. A real shame because I was looking forward to the game since it was announced. I grew up with the Real Ghostbusters and have always been a fan of the franchise. I hate to say it but the game is not even worth the $5. I don't know if they have patched the game since release but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

There is an update for Ghostbusters. I don't know what it does, I couldn't find any info about it online. But there is an update when you boot it up for the first time.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']This is good to hear. If you had a choice between FX2 or Marvel, which set? Also do I even need to consider the original FX tables? I read somewhere that the FX2-based tables are greatly improved over the originals.[/QUOTE]

Depends on your tastes. Try the demo of each for yourself. It is a tie for me. I would suggest picking one and getting the other if want more tables. The first FX is not awful but you can tell they got better with the release of FX2. I ended up with all of the tables because I got the pinball fever once I started with FX2. I would buy a table a month at 3$(36$ for 12 tables is cheap).

[quote name='slamoco']Depends on your tastes. Try the demo of each for yourself. It is a tie for me. I would suggest picking one and getting the other if want more tables. The first FX is not awful but you can tell they got better with the release of FX2. I ended up with all of the tables because I got the pinball fever once I started with FX2. I would buy a table a month at 3$(36$ for 12 tables is cheap).[/QUOTE]

If you own the first game the 4 "original" tables unlock for you in the second game, there should be no need to purchase them. Or are you talking about FX DLC?

Man, I've put several hours into Outland and the game definetly has a learning curve with the color polarity and the game desperately needing a dash back button (Symphony of the Night has spoiled me), but it's all forgivable because damn the controls are so smooth in this game. Even when I'm accidentally clinging to a wall and jump into a pit of spikes by accident I can forgive it because it controls so well.

[quote name='slamoco']Depends on your tastes. Try the demo of each for yourself. It is a tie for me. I would suggest picking one and getting the other if want more tables. The first FX is not awful but you can tell they got better with the release of FX2. I ended up with all of the tables because I got the pinball fever once I started with FX2. I would buy a table a month at 3$(36$ for 12 tables is cheap).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I'll probably pick up the Marvel set first and will most likely catch the fever and pick up FX2 immediately. I don't think I have the discipline to buy a table a month especially since I have points to burn. lol

I'm going to hold out for next month's rewards deal. I'm interested in Outland, but if I miss it, it's no big deal. I'm interested to see what goes on sale for the 1-day event. Either way, good to see some decent deals in quantity.

[quote name='daminion']Can anyone recommend ghostbusters? [/QUOTE]
I ended up buying it and I like it. Sure it has some problems, but for a small fee of $5, I really feel like I shouldn't complain. I suggest it...

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']Not true, if you purchased Ultimate MK 3 prior to it being pulled you can still re-download it. In fact, I just redownloaded the demo since it was in my dl history from way back when.[/QUOTE]

Eastx is correct. I cannot redownload it either. And when I spoke to MS about it, They just kept repeaating that MS has the right to make changes at any time. Kind of irritating

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']doesn't it say right on the sale page that you can "enjoy great sale prices all week!" or something like that? doesnt that imply the sale will last a week?[/QUOTE]
Well, it does "imply." Doesn't guarantee that it'll last a week however. It should last thru the 3rd, but who knows. The plug could be pulled tonight.

I'm waiting til Saturday for the XBL reward of October. If I miss out on anything, no big deal. If it was something like Pinball fx2 tables or Beyond Good & Evil HD, I woulda bought it the moment it went on sale.

[quote name='tylerh1701']There is an update for Ghostbusters. I don't know what it does, I couldn't find any info about it online. But there is an update when you boot it up for the first time.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be surprised if the update had something to do with the DLC the game got a while back.

I never had any problem with the game working, it just wasn't very good.

I believe the DLC just added some challenge stuff to it FYI. Anyway, the story looked like it was the best part but as I pointed out in my review of the game, I couldn't even read half of the comics.

....will the one day sale be REPLACING this one? or will they run at the same time?, i'm kinda holding onto all my msp in hopes they're both up together, so i can pick and choose and get the most outta my points. hopefully we get some concrete info on when this current sale ends, before it actually does..

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']....will the one day sale be REPLACING this one? or will they run at the same time?, i'm kinda holding onto all my msp in hopes they're both up together, so i can pick and choose and get the most outta my points. hopefully we get some concrete info on when this current sale ends, before it actually does..[/QUOTE]
If you really want to know, you can read a page or two back. Has all the info you'll need to know(and what we know) instead of just asking without doing a bit of research.....sorry. don't mean to be blunt, but if you really want to know, we've been discussing it the past 4+ pages

EDIT: What the hell man? I answered your question 10 posts ago and you're still antsy in your pantsy??? *SIGH* I'm doin what I'm doin and checkin out the sales on Friday and gettin Outland on Saturday

Last edited by a moderator:
BCR2 is such a marked step down from BCR1 and well into unacceptable mediocrity... It's a giant about-face from the first game. I don't understand it, and that's the worst part. I'm going to keep playing this turd to its conclusion hoping, uselessly, that it might get better.

I like that the sale panel doesn't show up on my system. It's like my Xbox is being a pal and telling me I've spend enough money and don't need to go buy some games I don't particularly crave.

It's like karmic balance for trying to buy ilomilo last week and discovering I already owned it.

[quote name='RollingSkull']BCR2 is such a marked step down from BCR1 and well into unacceptable mediocrity... It's a giant about-face from the first game. I don't understand it, and that's the worst part. I'm going to keep playing this turd to its conclusion hoping, uselessly, that it might get better.[/QUOTE]

Respectfully but fully disagree. The upgrades in BCR2 are essentially useless, and the game is maybe 4-5 levels too long, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. BCR1 is better, but BCR2 is still very good.

Anyone happen to be having issues DLing the Battlefield 3 Beta? My dashboard says it costs -1 points, but when I try to get it it says I'm shy something like 4367593465980743895 points, or something of that nature...

[quote name='Dustinator']If you really want to know, you can read a page or two back. Has all the info you'll need to know(and what we know) instead of just asking without doing a bit of research.....sorry. don't mean to be blunt, but if you really want to know, we've been discussing it the past 4+ pages

EDIT: What the hell man? I answered your question 10 posts ago and you're still antsy in your pantsy??? *SIGH* I'm doin what I'm doin and checkin out the sales on Friday and gettin Outland on Saturday[/QUOTE]

also not trying to come off as an ass, but ever stop and think maybe I was looking for second opinions? maybe someone else heard the actual end date of the sale, or had more info, since people have been contacting xbox support on twitter and what not, if you don't have any more info why even reply to my post? just ignore it, and if someone does, they'll comment on it. (if we wanna go further, i suppose i should've never made the post in the first place, as im sure once someone has the new info they'll most likely post a comment to update us.... ahh well. lol

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']I like that the sale panel doesn't show up on my system. It's like my Xbox is being a pal and telling me I've spend enough money and don't need to go buy some games I don't particularly crave.

It's like karmic balance for trying to buy ilomilo last week and discovering I already owned it.[/QUOTE]

it's not on spotlight, it's in the game section (don't know if you knew this, as usually these big sales are in the spotlight section)

I'm actually just kinda worried that the Extreme Sale will end abruptly before Friday and we actually won't even end up getting the 1-Day Sale, seeing as Major Nelson hasn't officially announced it + it isn't appearing in the Game Marketplace tab for everyone + XboxSupport on Twitter esentially said it could end at anytime.

It just has me a little on edge because there's a good majority of games I wanna purchase right now, but I'm waiting in the hopes that even better deals will hit on Friday and then I can decide how to spend my points. I'm hoping Beyond Good & Evil hits that sweet, sweet 200 MSP price point.

[quote name='slamoco']Best purchase I have personally made at full price. 2$-3$ a table is less than what I would pay for a couple of plays on a real machine AND I get to keep them. I have bought every table and will continue because I like pinball but love that I can jump straight in and spend 10 minutes or several hours playing if I want. Start with FX2 or Marvel.[/QUOTE]

Very good points, although sp has a good point about once you've been waiting this long you might as well just keep waiting. I guess if I get my uncontrollable pinball craving one night I'll just cave in. Here's hoping that the one-day sale brings our collective wish.

When I start to compare the price of FX2 and the DLC tables to the coins dumped into actual tables it starts to become a no-brainer. My wife and I still make a pilgrimmage once in a while to a local pizza place that has an Addams Family machine. They have the darn thing bolted to the floor to prevent nudges but I still pump in $2-3 every time we go.

Licensing issues just suck. How much money would they make from a licensed Williams Pinball Hall of Fame game? Greed just costs everyone money sometimes.

[quote name='gubmccargen']
Licensing issues just suck. How much money would they make from a licensed Williams Pinball Hall of Fame game? Greed just costs everyone money sometimes.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure Zen is in the process of acquiring the rights to release some of the real life greats (possibly even Addams Family and/or Twilight Zone). Two obvious choices.

I haven't heard any details about which ones, but I am excited!

Well I didn't want to risk it... so I grabbed BC: Rearmed and Shank last night. Outland and TWN are easy to recommend for $5. I bought both at release and have really enjoyed each of them.

Hoping Friday's 1 day deals are tasty ;) Ikaruga for 200 spacebucks would be awesome!

I apologize if this has been answered already, but -- do we think that the Friday sale deals are going to be announced in advance (today at some point) or are they just going to randomly show up at 3am Friday morning?

For Friday only deals..

I'd give it a wild guess...

Street Fighter 3 Online for 600 points
Pinball FX and its add ons by half
Full Poker House for 200 points

[quote name='jputahraptor']Anybody having trouble redeeming a point card, I get the message saying it's a 4000 point card but keep getting an error message. I bought it sealed in a bubble off craigslist hope it's not bad, tried last night and this afternoon and tried through xbox.com with no luck, is it just me?[/QUOTE]

I just remember, when buying a MS Points card from a retailer, that this card must be activated by the retailer even before being redeemed on my account.

That might be an answer.

whenever i buy/sell code related items on CL, I bring a laptop w/wifi with me and do the redeeming on the spot so there's no guessing.

[quote name='sp8001']I am pretty sure Zen is in the process of acquiring the rights to release some of the real life greats (possibly even Addams Family and/or Twilight Zone). Two obvious choices.

I haven't heard any details about which ones, but I am excited![/QUOTE]

What do you mean you're "pretty sure"? Do you have some hard info on this, or is it just wishful thinking? If they are getting the rights to real games, then that is damned exciting! Their game designs are OK, but their physics are quite good as is their general game design (stuff like chasing friends scores and such). Having them produce real games for FX2 would be awesome.

[quote name='crunchewy']What do you mean you're "pretty sure"? Do you have some hard info on this, or is it just wishful thinking? If they are getting the rights to real games, then that is damned exciting! Their game designs are OK, but their physics are quite good as is their general game design (stuff like chasing friends scores and such). Having them produce real games for FX2 would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Well get excited because it is more than just wishful thinking... I heard it in a podcast interview with Zen's PR rep. He said they are looking to diversify the FX2 library with more licensed tables (similar to Marvel), Zen originals (FX2 Core pack), and also classic tables from the arcade (pretty sure they will all be 90's machines with DMD). Nothing has been announced or set in stone yet, but I know they are working on it.

Unfortunately it looks like we wont see any classic tables until sometime next year... but we do have a lot to look forward to (7 tables!) before the end of this year:

Sorcerers Lair (just announced... Release date is Oct 12th)
Paranormal
Unannounced Zen Original (hinted earthquake theme)
New Marvel 4 pack including Ghost Rider and 3 unannounced tables

[quote name='sp8001']Well get excited because it is more than just wishful thinking... I heard it in a podcast interview with Zen's PR rep. He said they are looking to diversify the FX2 library with more licensed tables (similar to Marvel), Zen originals (FX2 Core pack), and also classic tables from the arcade (pretty sure they will all be 90's machines with DMD). Nothing has been announced or set in stone yet, but I know they are working on it.

Unfortunately it looks like we wont see any classic tables until sometime next year... but we do have a lot to look forward to (7 tables!) before the end of this year:

Sorcerers Lair (just announced... Release date is Oct 12th)
Paranormal
Unannounced Zen Original (hinted earthquake theme)
New Marvel 4 pack including Ghost Rider and 3 unannounced tables[/QUOTE]

Great news, any Pinball updates are a fantastic thing. :applause:

On the topic of pinball, has Crave ever come forward with putting out more tables for their Pinball Hall of Fame Collection? That Williams one is amazingly awesome and I know there was talk of that having some well needed DLC added to it. Would buy those Day 1 if more licensed tables came out. I think that disc based game is leaps and bounds better than FX2 but I'll take any Pinball I can get.

Aaaargh! my 1-year old son got a hold of the xbox controller and somehow managed to buy some avatar items! :( Looks like I'll be a bit short on MS points for this sale and will have to use actual cash.........from his college fund. :p

[quote name='ooga']Aaaargh! my 1-year old son got a hold of the xbox controller and somehow managed to buy some avatar items! :( Looks like I'll be a bit short on MS points for this sale and will have to use actual cash.........from his college fund. :p[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='ooga']Aaaargh! my 1-year old son got a hold of the xbox controller and somehow managed to buy some avatar items! :( Looks like I'll be a bit short on MS points for this sale and will have to use actual cash.........from his college fund. :p[/QUOTE]

The good news is that if he bought 2 things, you should get 80 points back as part of this month's XBOX Rewards promotion...

I had this issue just the other day too, only instead of spending my points, my 1-year old daughter bought me a years worth of xbox live gold. I called up support and they got the money refunded fairly easily. You might be able to pull off the same with your points given the situation.

In all reality though, she got a decent price on gold ($39.99 for a year). CAG in larval form.

[quote name='Slappybob']Just curious but was there an update as to what sales were going on today?[/QUOTE]

Bro its thursday. that's tomorrow and I highly doubt we'll find out whats on sale until late tonight or early tomorrow.

I'm surprised nothing has leaked yet about the one day sale.

I'm really hoping that Roboblitz finally goes on sale. That game has been on Xbox Live for five damn years now and has never gone below $15. WTF?

[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']I had this issue just the other day too, only instead of spending my points, my 1-year old daughter bought me a years worth of xbox live gold. I called up support and they got the money refunded fairly easily. You might be able to pull off the same with your points given the situation.

In all reality though, she got a decent price on gold ($39.99 for a year). CAG in larval form.[/QUOTE]

I can say this is pretty much a no go. You got it refunded because it was a gold subscription. Anything actually on the marketplace they will not refund you. I've gone through many fights with them over a 400 point dlc that was charged to my account when I was browsing a sale and my 360 froze up. Despite having them check my gamercard to see I didn't even own the game they still wouldn't refund me even though it was their fault.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']when was the last time they did a 1 day sale? Wasn't X-Men part of it[/QUOTE]
The last time they did it I believe was earlier this year and yeah, X-Men was 200 points along with some other stuff. I Remember other one day sales included Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time, Splosion Man, Hydro Thunder and others for 200 each as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back