XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chrono Gear']Did we ever get any confirmation the Extreme Shopping Sale is all week? I don't see it on my dashboard at all (and didn't this morning-wasn't on when it was up) and the thought of missing some of the unbelievable deals is hauting me. If I miss Outland I'll be terribly upset but I'm sure it'll go on sale again. The ones I feel may never get a drop again are Trouble Witches NEO! and Moon Diver. I think I'm going to risk it. The early info is usually pretty accurate...[/QUOTE]
It says all week on the dashboard (or at least on mine). It's the second thing on the main marketplace menu with a picture of green hills and an airplane. That and once you press A on it says sale all week and seems to imply a sale on Friday as well.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Did we ever get any confirmation the Extreme Shopping Sale is all week? I don't see it on my dashboard at all (and didn't this morning-wasn't on when it was up) and the thought of missing some of the unbelievable deals is hauting me. If I miss Outland I'll be terribly upset but I'm sure it'll go on sale again. The ones I feel may never get a drop again are Trouble Witches NEO! and Moon Diver. I think I'm going to risk it. The early info is usually pretty accurate...[/QUOTE]

@XboxSupoort is supposed to get back to me, but who knows. Best evidence so far is on of the devs posted their game would be on sale until 10/3.

[quote name='bardockkun']It says all week on the dashboard (or at least on mine). It's the second thing on the main marketplace menu with a picture of green hills and an airplane. That and once you press A on it says sale all week and seems to imply a sale on Friday as well.[/QUOTE]

Man that is so strange that it's not showing up on my dashboard. I've checked the games marketplace tab, the sales & special offers section in the spotlight and still nothing there. It's got to be here but I just can't find it. Going to put my trust in my fellow CAGs and wait it out till Saturday.

There was only one place I could find with the info on it outside of this thread, but the info is the same so it has to be accurate:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n5653/extreme-shopping-sale-on-xbox-live.htm

Can anyone vouch for Trouble Witches Neo? I was very excited to see this go on sale... but since learning that the game only features 6 stages and after hearing how ear-destroying the voice acting sounds... I am having second thoughts. Is the voice acting/story annoying enough to skip this game?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Man that is so strange that it's not showing up on my dashboard. I've checked the games marketplace tab, the sales & special offers section in the spotlight and still nothing there. It's got to be here but I just can't find it. Going to put my trust in my fellow CAGs and wait it out till Saturday.

There was only one place I could find with the info on it outside of this thread, but the info is the same so it has to be accurate:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n5653/extreme-shopping-sale-on-xbox-live.htm[/QUOTE]

Heh, that's ripped right from here.

[quote name='Intranquill']I've seen a few mention what else will go on sale this week. Are more sales planned? Because I'm really wanting some Summer of Arcade titles, but whatever the case, I think I'll spend my 20 dollar gaming coupon from Kmart on a 50 dollar Xbox Live Points card instead of more games.[/QUOTE]

Can you do that? Last time I had a Kmart gaming coupon, I remember it specifically excluding Xbox Points Cards and PSN Cards. If this has changed, that would be awesome.

[quote name='Newl']scroll up to Game Marketplace. There should be a Extreme Shopping Sale tab.[/QUOTE]
My dashboard doesn't show any sign of a sale unless I scroll by individual title.

[quote name='jazzman']My dashboard doesn't show any sign of a sale unless I scroll by individual title.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. I just keep seeing an AD about Dream Build Play winners. The prices do reflect when you check each game individually though.

Half the games on the list I do not have, but got a 'skip it' for the most part and a couple got 'try it' so not sure if they're worth buying. At least we can demo them before a purchase is made. Also, good Ol' Bob was right about the sale as I said before there would be one :) TGIF it is!

[quote name='cheaphuck']What ever happened to Final Fight being 400 Points?[/QUOTE]
Maybe Friday?

I'm REAAALLY hoping for a Pinball F/X sale.

Purchased Outland and Bionic Commando: Rearmed, the two Metacritic highest-rated games of the lot. I'm on the fence about Islands of Wakfu. =\

I'd like to see Castlevania HD go for 400MSP. It's actually the only game I want. :(

[quote name='cheaphuck']What ever happened to Final Fight Magic Sword being 400 Points?[/QUOTE]
I think it only happened in Europe.

Outland! My patience has finally been rewarded. Such a nice price for that.

I'm excited to see what they will do on Friday. Even though I have all I want for Pinball FX2, it would be nice to see them finally include it in a sale.

[quote name='bardockkun']Maybe Friday?

I'm REAAALLY hoping for a Pinball F/X sale.[/QUOTE]

Man I hope you're right! I've been waiting for a sale on FX2 as well as the Marvel tables!

[quote name='steveau']Can anyone vouch for Trouble Witches Neo? I was very excited to see this go on sale... but since learning that the game only features 6 stages and after hearing how ear-destroying the voice acting sounds... I am having second thoughts. Is the voice acting/story annoying enough to skip this game?[/QUOTE]
In my opinion, for it being $5, I really feel like I can't complain. I ended up buying it and while not the best of the best, it's still worth the low price of $5.

I'm not sure how much longer I can hold off on FX2. I've been waiting for a sale for months and if it doesn't come around in the next couple of weeks I'm just going to have to pick it up at full price. When you have a special craving for a game the bit of extra money is worth getting to play it before it goes on sale.

[quote name='Kerig']I think it only happened in Europe.
[/QUOTE]

Final Fight wasn't on sale here in Europe either. I checked back every day.

Can anyone recommend ghostbusters? Reviews are terrible, but my son really wants it and anything I can play coop with him is a plus.

Is it really as hard as the reviews say?

[quote name='steveau']Can anyone vouch for Trouble Witches Neo? I was very excited to see this go on sale... but since learning that the game only features 6 stages and after hearing how ear-destroying the voice acting sounds... I am having second thoughts. Is the voice acting/story annoying enough to skip this game?[/QUOTE]

Bought it yesterday and am really enjoying it. You can change the language to Japanese so it's less offensive. They offer subtitles but they don't seem to subtitle the cutscenes when you get to the boss fights.

I personally prefer my schmups to be top-down instead of sideways, but for $5, you can do a lot worse. Having only 6 stages is relatively common (AFAIK) but schmups aren't known for length generally and under a hour in length (or more for that matter). As for the story and voices and such, I don't remember much if anything from the story. But once again, schmups aren't generally played for their "stories".

The way I see it, if you're even remotely a schmup fan, $5 is a no-brainer, made even more-so by the fact that they never go on sale (unless I buy them full price :razz: ).

And of course after I post, I remember some of the voices. They are hilariously bad. But I just think that adds to it's charm. Just like how Touhou has their "horribly drawn characters". The earlier ones more-so iirc.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Can you do that? Last time I had a Kmart gaming coupon, I remember it specifically excluding Xbox Points Cards and PSN Cards. If this has changed, that would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

I know for a fact I've done it at least once before with the coupon I got from dead rising 2, so I don't know if it's changed since then.

Thanks heaps VIDEOGAME IGODI, RallyV and JStryke... much appreciated. I am convinced.

The fact that you can turn on subtitles/Japanese is a nice safety net.

Furthermore, 1500 point cards just went on sale in Australia for $19 AUD, so 400 points really is small change.

In for Outland, possibly BC:R2. Wonder what'll be on the 30th. Speaking of things on sale, I wish the DLC for the Maw would go on sale; I enjoyed the game but can't justify to myself spending 100 points each on the extra levels.

[quote name='daminion']Can anyone recommend ghostbusters? Reviews are terrible, but my son really wants it and anything I can play coop with him is a plus.

Is it really as hard as the reviews say?[/QUOTE]

My experience was that the game was buggy as heck. There was multiple occassions when we simply could not complete a level because of a game breaking bug. It is truly awful and a steaming pile. A real shame because I was looking forward to the game since it was announced. I grew up with the Real Ghostbusters and have always been a fan of the franchise. I hate to say it but the game is not even worth the $5. I don't know if they have patched the game since release but I doubt it.

been waiting for Orcs must die and Dungeon Defenders, but I'll only get the one w/the better demo. With all the blockbuster hits + the Trenched > Iron Brigade TU, there just won't be enough time to enjoy everything.

hope the nightmare before Christmas avatar gear is cool and not cheesy.

[quote name='Newl']unrealistic wishing: 75% off all RB DLC.[/QUOTE] Same here. It's been over a month since we got some RB dlc discounted, as in a month or so. Here's to hoping for some RB3 tracks and not just legacy ones.....realistically, I don't think there will be any tracks. I expect Risk Factions, Bioshock 2, Sonic Episode I, and more repeats like usual. It wouldn't be abnormal for MS to do that.

I do wish to be proved wrong however

[quote name='Chrono Gear']My experience was that the game was buggy as heck. There was multiple occassions when we simply could not complete a level because of a game breaking bug. It is truly awful and a steaming pile. A real shame because I was looking forward to the game since it was announced. I grew up with the Real Ghostbusters and have always been a fan of the franchise. I hate to say it but the game is not even worth the $5. I don't know if they have patched the game since release but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

seconded... played this with three other people who grew up with OG GB, and everyone was done with it by the end of the level. buggy, sacrilegious unfun grind fest. i got it for free and i overpaid.

[quote name='gubmccargen']I'm not sure how much longer I can hold off on FX2. I've been waiting for a sale for months and if it doesn't come around in the next couple of weeks I'm just going to have to pick it up at full price. When you have a special craving for a game the bit of extra money is worth getting to play it before it goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

Best purchase I have personally made at full price. 2$-3$ a table is less than what I would pay for a couple of plays on a real machine AND I get to keep them. I have bought every table and will continue because I like pinball but love that I can jump straight in and spend 10 minutes or several hours playing if I want. Start with FX2 or Marvel.

[quote name='Dustinator']Same here. It's been over a month since we got some RB dlc discounted, as in a month or so. Here's to hoping for some RB3 tracks and not just legacy ones.....realistically, I don't think there will be any tracks. I expect Risk Factions, Bioshock 2, Sonic Episode I, and more repeats like usual. It wouldn't be abnormal for MS to do that.

I do wish to be proved wrong however[/QUOTE]

You know I feel like we haven't seen Risk on sale for a really long time lol

[quote name='Chrono Gear']My experience was that the game was buggy as heck. There was multiple occassions when we simply could not complete a level because of a game breaking bug. It is truly awful and a steaming pile. A real shame because I was looking forward to the game since it was announced. I grew up with the Real Ghostbusters and have always been a fan of the franchise. I hate to say it but the game is not even worth the $5. I don't know if they have patched the game since release but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bajingo']seconded... played this with three other people who grew up with OG GB, and everyone was done with it by the end of the level. buggy, sacrilegious unfun grind fest. i got it for free and i overpaid.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to both of you - $5 saved.

[quote name='bajingo']seconded... played this with three other people who grew up with OG GB, and everyone was done with it by the end of the level. buggy, sacrilegious unfun grind fest. i got it for free and i overpaid.[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more. So disappointed. So disappointed.

Anybody having trouble redeeming a point card, I get the message saying it's a 4000 point card but keep getting an error message. I bought it sealed in a bubble off craigslist hope it's not bad, tried last night and this afternoon and tried through xbox.com with no luck, is it just me?

[quote name='jputahraptor']Anybody having trouble redeeming a point card, I get the message saying it's a 4000 point card but keep getting an error message. I bought it sealed in a bubble off craigslist hope it's not bad, tried last night and this afternoon and tried through xbox.com with no luck, is it just me?[/QUOTE]

You may have a block on your account due to all sorts of reasons. You need to call MS at 18004myxbox/billing to get the block cleared.

I've seen that numerous people can't see the ad on the dash. I have created a video of it and uploaded it to my site:
http://xbldb.com/deals/video-2011-09-27-extreme-shopping.html

The biggest confirmation of 1 week is from the Section 8 facebook page stating the sale in until Oct. 3rd.

Orcs Must Die is amazing! I played it at PAX and was sooo hooked. I played each level in the demo completely through. That being said, it's not multiplayer, so Dungeon Defenders will tide me over for the Orcs Must Die type multiplayer experience. I can guarantee I will have OMD 200 GSed before DD even comes out, so I have no problem getting both =D.

[quote name='gubmccargen']I'm not sure how much longer I can hold off on FX2. I've been waiting for a sale for months and if it doesn't come around in the next couple of weeks I'm just going to have to pick it up at full price. When you have a special craving for a game the bit of extra money is worth getting to play it before it goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way as you. If I don't see a sale soon, I'm just going to cave in and buy the tables at MSRP. I'm sure i won't regret it from all the positive reviews. But I have to give being a CAG a chance first right?

^ You guys have been waiting FOREVER for a sale on FX2... Luckily that was one of the few XBLA games I got on release day, and I haven't regretted it one bit ;)

I guess I'm the same way with Beyond Good and Evil HD. I have waited this long, so I am not buying it at full price. It will have to go on sale sooner or later. Zen had a buy one get one sale on ZP and MP for PS3... so an FX2 sale sometime soon shouldn't be out of the question. (possibly this Friday for the 1 day sale)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back