XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Hydrophobia stinks.....but it may be worth 240 points.

And for those hoping Bastion is on sale, it won't be, not yet. But, that doesn't matter because it is worth every single last penny of the $15 you'd spend on it.

Your Shape Bundle: New Year, New You + Dance Workout: Bollywood: 160 points (560)
Crimson Elite Helmet: 240 points (400)

*Thanks to xbldb.com

So far the sales tonight have only succeeded in making me feel like I paid too much for torchlight (800 when it was on sale a few weeks ago) and hydrophobia (400)

:cry:

I'm in for the Yourshape DLC, Outland and hopefully more.

Stocked up on points for Guardian Heroes and Dungeon Defenders a while back, and will gladly buy more if there are some good sales. C'mon 5 dollar Puzzle fighter HD! :p

[quote name='reddjoey']Also, XBLDB says Crysis 2 dropped from 4800 to 3200 MSP.[/QUOTE]

reddjoey, that drop happened really early in the day. I think it's just a price drop and not part of the sale.

I wonder how much lower Hydrophobia can go? 160? 80? Free??

Has there been any recent word on the rest of the game coming to XBLA? I'm thinking I should probably still pass unless they bother to complete the story. Pretty darn tempting though.

Also Torchlight is a win for 400 points. I figured it would drop to 600 before 400 and I would have bit for 600.

[quote name='Spylon']reddjoey, that drop happened really early in the day. I think it's just a price drop and not part of the sale.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think the Rage Helmet just launched at the wrong price point. All the others are 240 as well.

Wow, I'm getting Torchlight! Waiting for saturday for Outland and Trouble Witches Neo!. Now do I wait for Might & Magic Clash of Heroes to be cheaper?

[quote name='RollingSkull']Fan of the franchise, the genre, and player of the game here. I know it won't work on you but I still have to try: The game is a turd from tip to toenails. only thing I like is the boss theme.[/QUOTE]

I know I know, but it's so hard to say no when it's something you like so much in other media, and the PS2 game was great. The movie is one of my favorites of all time. I just want to experience the suckiness...just for $5 or less, though.

[quote name='mightymek']I know I know, but it's so hard to say no when it's something you like so much in other media, and the PS2 game was great. The movie is one of my favorites of all time. I just want to experience the suckiness...just for $5 or less, though.[/QUOTE]

I love the movie, read the novel it was based on, and played the hell out of the game on the Xbox. I have no desire to play the XBLA game because I feel like it would tarnish everything else I've experienced from The Warriors.

I'll be honest if the sale was just Torchlight for 400 points...I'd be fine with that. Since I've bought a total of 4 other games in the sale as is so really, I'm fine with that.

for everyone asking about ghostbusters, its not completly terrible but its very generic, it feels like a college project, very rough and unfinished, lots of bugs and glitches. i bought it at launch and i gotta say there are wayyyyyyyyy better options to spend your 400 ms points. the worst part of the game? you dont play as the original ghostbusters, its an all new team of lame rookies. gross

[quote name='nerdtown']for everyone asking about ghostbusters, its not completly terrible but its very generic, it feels like a college project, very rough and unfinished, lots of bugs and glitches. i bought it at launch and i gotta say there are wayyyyyyyyy better options to spend your 400 ms points. the worst part of the game? you dont play as the original ghostbusters, its an all new team of lame rookies. gross[/QUOTE]

Lol, i got the game free during that short period it was glitched on the japanese market. I still cant even force myself to play it

And goddamn all this talk of The Warriors makes me wish XBox Live would release an On Demand version of the Rockstar made game with full online for all the multiplayer modes. I Can't tell you how many hours me and friends put beating up hobos and tossing them off a building as a camera shows them flying and screaming to their deaths.

fuck. i picked up both Torchlight and outland in August to get the rewards promotion. Oh well, you lose some and you lose some more.

[quote name='solohunter']how is the path of go? it is a good way to learn the game? is there local offline multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

It's very good. It has local and online multiplayer and would fully recommend it as a good way to learn the game. The matches get challenging fast (at least they did for me) but the puzzles and tutorials bring you along nicely.

[quote name='ooga']fuck. i picked up both Torchlight and outland in August to get the rewards promotion. Oh well, you lose some and you lose some more.[/QUOTE]

This is why I rarely buy live games on release, I try and wait out a sale on the marketplace or PSN.

man i hope those aren't the only sales. None of those games really tickle my fancy. Hydro for 240 is worth a shot. Hell I paid for half of that on themes, which might be obsolete starting November 15 (PS thats when the new dashboard goes on live).

[quote name='reddjoey']Ok, going to make a "likely candidates" for 1 day Sale list. Basically list things as they would appear in OP so I can cut and paste

XBLA:
-Hydrophobia - 240 Microsoft Points - 70% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - 400 Microsoft Points - 67% off - Metacritic
-The Path of Go - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic
-Torchlight - 400 Microsoft Points - 67% off - Metacritic - Quick Look

DLC:

Games on Demand:
Crysis 2 - 3200 Microsoft Points ($39.99) - 33% off - Metacritic - Quick Look

Themes & Gamerpics:

Indie Games:[/QUOTE]
So it's Official?

Those are the 1-Day sale for tomorrow?

[quote name='ooga']fuck. i picked up both Torchlight and outland in August to get the rewards promotion. Oh well, you lose some and you lose some more.[/QUOTE]

same here and I haven't played either game yet.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']So it's Official?

Those are the 1-Day sale for tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Not too sure but they're on sale right now. Just picked up TL and SS: TSE.

[quote name='MastaNinja']Not too sure but they're on sale right now. Just picked up TL and SS: TSE.[/QUOTE]

dude love that picture. God I love Arrested Development. Franklin!!!!!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']man i hope those aren't the only sales. None of those games really tickle my fancy. Hydro for 240 is worth a shot. Hell I paid for half of that on themes, which might be obsolete starting November 15 (PS thats when the new dashboard goes on live).[/QUOTE]

the fall update better not ruin all my premium themes....

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']the fall update better not ruin all my premium themes....[/QUOTE]

Feel ya bro. Bought within the last month my first theme Bioshock-240, The COD BO zombies- 240, Gears 3- 120, I recently got Ms. Spolsion man. Now I feel like an idiot buying all these discounted themes. Premium themes had never gone on sale until recently i wonder why?????? :roll:

[quote name='Royal High Knight']dude love that picture. God I love Arrested Development. Franklin!!!!![/QUOTE]

it ain't easy being white,
it ain't easy being brown,
it ain't easy being right,
i got kids all over town

I hate how I already own every single game this past weeks sale has had, and seemingly also what the 1-day sale is going to have. I mean, I suppose it's good because it's saving me money right now... but then again, had I not bought all of them previously, I would have also saved a ton of money by buying them now.

Oh well, hopefully something I don't have will pop-up in tomorrow's sale!

No worries, though I think all the games that are going on sale have already been announced/discounted.

It would be great if more were reduced, but that's optimistic.

[quote name='dan121887']I just hit up Xbox.com and blindly purchased Torchlight.[/QUOTE]

I really doubt you'll regret it. Unless you HATE dungeon crawlers.

As much as I appreciate the 1 day so far (bought both Torchlight and Hydrophobia) i really hope there is more. It seems like such a small amount of (great) content for a 1 day sale they're hyping.

I picked up Torchlight when it was on sale for 800 points. While I don't really regret it, it kind of sucks that I have yet to play it. Oh well, it's not the first time and it won't be the last. I'm looking at you M&M: Clash of Heroes. Nice price, though.

In for Torchlight on top of my Outland/BCR1 purchase. Hope there's more good stuff that surfaces for this 1 day sale. I'm really hoping for a Hard Corps or Trenched deal.

I grabbed Torchlight, and will probably pick up Islands of Wakfu, Outland, Trouble Witches and Hydrophobia... hell, probably some others too. Hopefully more gets added to this one day sale though, if something I really want gets put up I can probably replace a few of these for one I'm really wanting and save some money.

Damn, I grabbed Torchlight when it was on DOTW previously at 800 points and Hydrophobia at 400. Sorta wish I waited for Hydrophobia but Torchlight is certainly worth the 800 points. :)

Technically, there should be a way to determine whether more games/DLC will be added to the 1-Day Sale...

I don't actually have the Extreme Shopping Sale ad on my Dashboard, however, the people that DO have it could check to see if the 1-Day Sale tab has been added to it yet.

If the tab is there, that's probably all we'll get for the 1-Day Sale. If the tab isn't there, there's a good possibility more might be added before the tab is officially tacked-on ;)

[quote name='XxLady_AthenaxX']Technically, there should be a way to determine whether more games/DLC will be added to the 1-Day Sale...

I don't actually have the Extreme Shopping Sale ad on my Dashboard, however, the people that DO have it could check to see if the 1-Day Sale tab has been added to it yet.

If the tab is there, that's probably all we'll get for the 1-Day Sale. If the tab isn't there, there's a good possibility more might be added before the tab is officially tacked-on ;)[/QUOTE]

No tab yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back