XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Ended up picking up Outland after I tried the demo and blind bough Shanks since I've heard a lot of good. Was really going back and forth on Section 8 but it'll likely go on sale again before I would even get to it.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Yeah I have the 1st and dont really play it anymore because at times it crashes my xbox out of nowhere. Gonna try Quake demo to see if its any good. Did I forget to mention go and buy Magic 2012? Or else. :D[/QUOTE]

I'll take the "or else" since I bought the first Magic and never play it.

Some of the smaller Oblivion DLC are not on sale (Mehrune's Razor, Orrery, etc.), but the major ones like Shivering Isles and Knight of the Nine are. Also, Horse Armor is on sale, totally trolling us, lol.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']I'll take the "or else" since I bought the first Magic and never play it.[/QUOTE]

You sir have made the biggest and final mistake of your life.:D

No but seriously you wanted to know and so did I, but here's a link to the details on the 1st dlc for Gears 3. Entitled the "Horde Command Pack". 2 lazy 2 write every detail.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n5745/gears-of-war-3-dlc-details-confirmed.htm

[quote name='crunchewy']Is there an online community for Catan or is it dead? EDIT: Mr Newz answered while I was typing! Thanks![/QUOTE]

Any time. Despite 100% the game FOREVER ago (not long after release), I still regularly play it. Yes, I am that addicted to it still.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Not a bad day's worth of stuff.

For those even remotely interested, GRAB CATAN. After 5 years, the game still has a relatively lively online community. I wish BHG would just release a new version or some DLC or something. I'd gladly pay $10 for another version of the game.

Carcasonne was once free, if you care about that sort of thing.

Doom, all the Fallout 3 DLC, Elder Scrolls DLC, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Battleship are repeats. Quake is a repeat, but I skipped it last time (me? No way) given the price was still like 800+ points for a game apparently no one was playing. For 400, I'm there.

New ones are: New Vegas DLC, Magic 2012

This is what a weekly sale SHOULD look like.

Sonic Free Riders apparently dropped as well.[/QUOTE]

I play Catan almost every single night, tons of folks play online, it's a very simple game to play, great way to relax.

[quote name='prayformojo']Nice, I have been wanting to pick this up and $5 sounds right.[/QUOTE]

Well, well worth it. Such a fun game and the original got me back into actual paper Magic ... have met a lot of new friends and had some awesome times because of it :D

Funny, I just started replaying Fallout 3 to finish out the full 1000 GS and now all the DLC is 1/2 off ... what a sign!

Looks like I may be spending a pretty penny this week between the Fallout DLC and the arcade games :bouncy:

Has anyone downloaded the Gun Runners Arsenal (320 points) or the Courier's Stash (160 points) for Fallout:NV? I am just wondering if it is worth the price? I have not played yet. Slowly waiting for all the DLC to go on sale. Got the game for $10. I could have waited for the complete edition but it would cost at least $30 on release anyway. By then I should have all the DLC I hope for $5 a piece (halfway there).

[quote name='eugaet']What about the online community for Carcassonne? Similar to Catan or is there none to speak of?[/QUOTE]

Not very active at all sadly. If you do get games in, they're almost never with the River DLC (which is the only way to play the game IMO).

It's a great buy at 5 bucks (even though it was once free). My wife plays it damn near every night just while hanging out. Gonna try and get her to play Catan instead.

Even though only a few games on sale interest me (I own most of the good ones), I am very glad they have so many games on sale for the second week in a row.

[quote name='eastx']From my post at Co-Optimus:

Bethesda sale (open to all members):

Doom II – 400 Points (Online Co-op)
Fallout 3 – All DLC 50% off
Fallout: New Vegas – Dead Money and Honest Hearts DLC 50% off
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion – All DLC 50% off
Quake Arena Arcade – 400 Points

Xbox Live Deal of the Week (Gold members only):

Battleship (Hasbro Family Game Night) – 400 Points
Carcassonne – 400 Points
Catan – 400 Points
Magic: The Gathering 2012 – 400 Points (Local/Online Co-op)
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D’s Decade Duels – 400 Points

Thanks PenguinJim![/QUOTE]

Thansk eastx (and everyone else) I'll update the OP this evening when I get home

Next Week's DotW

Saints and Shadows - Oct 11 - 17

XBLA:
-Shadow Complex - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Perfect Dark - 400 msp - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Saints Row 2 - 1200 msp or $15 (US prices) - 25% off - Metacritic

DLC:
-Saints Row 2: Corporate Warfare - 280 msp - 50% off - Metacritic
-Saints Row 2: Ultor Exposed - 400 msp - 50% off - Metacritic

When I typed this up metacritic was down. The links should work when it's back up, but there's a chance they don't. If not, sorry.

That's good news for whichever CAG it was who was asking about Shadow Complex, you'll only have to wait a week! 600MSP is a steal for that game.

[quote name='louiedog']Next Week's DotW

Saints and Shadows
Shadow Complex Oct. 11-17 600 (50% off)
Saints Row 2 Oct. 11-17 (25% off)
Saints Row 2: Corporate Warfare Oct. 11-17 280 (50% off)
Saints Row 2: Ultor Exposed Oct. 11-17 400 (50% off)
Perfect Dark Oct. 11-17 400 (50% off)[/QUOTE]

Sweet I have not started SR2 yet. The DLC worth the price? Shadow complex is a steal at 600 points...great game.

Carcassonne is a very nice version of the game. If you can get some friends to play online with you, it's a great time. I wish the DLC for it was also on sale. Rivers II is better then Rivers, better still with both. I also wish they'd add other expansions, especially Inns & Cathedrals and Traders & Builders. If they'd add those I bet the online community would perk up.

Oh, and we really need Beacons already. Then I could put out there that I want to play Carcassonne (or Catan) while I'm playing something else, and actually be able to get friends to play it more often.

Shadow Complex 600 (50% off)
Saints Row 2 $15 or 1200 msp (25% off)
Saints Row 2: Corporate Warfare 280 (50% off)
Saints Row 2: Ultor Exposed 400 (50% off)
Perfect Dark 400 (50% off)

Is that the first GoD sale?[/QUOTE]

If you're not including the xbox originals then yes, it is. Hopefully they start doing more!

Guardian Heroes avatar stuff? Man, I stay away from buying fake clothing that doesn't do anything, but I've been very tempted lately. Though I'm sure it's gonna be the remaining clothing for the avatar awards (helmet & shirt, see it here) that you earn.

Anyways, looks like it's still just Space Channel 5 P2 & Guardian Heroes for me this month.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Is the Oblivion content on sale now for 150 normally 300 or is it 75 normally 150?[/QUOTE]

The 150 MSP DLC is not on sale. It's the normal price.

Also I doubt that Saint's Row 2 will be 1200 MSP outside of the US. It's €30 on the European Marketplace.

Screwhead, only two of the New Vegas DLCs are discounted - Dead Money and Honest Hearts. Both should show as 400 now.
[quote name='MrNEWZ']Doom, all the Fallout 3 DLC, Elder Scrolls DLC, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Battleship are repeats. Quake is a repeat, but I skipped it last time (me? No way) given the price was still like 800+ points for a game apparently no one was playing. For 400, I'm there.

New ones are: New Vegas DLC, Magic 2012[/QUOTE]
At the risk of getting the title Captain Picky, the New Vegas DLC "Dead Money" was 400 points some months ago. "Honest Hearts" is the only unrepeated New Vegas DLC. :whistle2:#

[quote name='PenguinJim']Screwhead, only two of the New Vegas DLCs are discounted - Dead Money and Honest Hearts. Both should show as 400 now.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I guess it hasn't updated for me yet. Thanks, I'll keep checking.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Has anyone downloaded the Gun Runners Arsenal (320 points) or the Courier's Stash (160 points) for Fallout:NV? I am just wondering if it is worth the price? I have not played yet. Slowly waiting for all the DLC to go on sale. Got the game for $10. I could have waited for the complete edition but it would cost at least $30 on release anyway. By then I should have all the DLC I hope for $5 a piece (halfway there).[/QUOTE]
If I remember right, Courier's Stash came with my Gamestop copy of the collectors edition and to be honest you can go without it. It just adds some additional items in your inventory, but nothing near game changing or can't find something stronger within 1/3 into the game. I Can't imagine Gun Runners Aresenal in all honesty being worth $4 for just additional weapons from the get go unless you're REALLY terrible at the game.

As for the Saints Row 2 DLC, I heard it was short and I'm kinda tempted, but Saints Row 3 in about a month kinda says I can do without.

[quote name='bardockkun']If I remember right, Courier's Stash came with my Gamestop copy of the collectors edition and to be honest you can go without it. It just adds some additional items in your inventory, but nothing near game changing or can't find something stronger within 1/3 into the game. I Can't imagine Gun Runners Aresenal in all honesty being worth $4 for just additional weapons from the get go unless you're REALLY terrible at the game.

As for the Saints Row 2 DLC, I heard it was short and I'm kinda tempted, but Saints Row 3 in about a month kinda says I can do without.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for response. I read a bit more about the Courier's Stash:

Wake up in the Mojave Wasteland with an edge. Courier’s Stash™ gives players immediate access to four content bundles previously available only through pre-ordering Fallout: New Vegas®. The Caravan Pack, Classic Pack, Mercenary Pack and Tribal Pack each offer unique weapons, apparel and aid advantages that will help you throughout your journey.

Sounds like it is ALL the DLC from the preorder bonuses. That might be worth 2 bucks. If the Gun Runner's stuff can be gotten eventually in the game then I won't buy it.

Edit: Just read more about Gun Runner's...funny thing is there are not really any "guns" to be had...mostly melee weapons...not my style...guess I will pass on that.

Edit 2: Well now I read the Wiki and it seems like there is a ton added by this pack. And it has its own achievements,

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gun_Runners%27_Arsenal

Wow. Magic half off. Been waiting for this for some time. First Deal Of The Week in which I bought something since Arrival. Added ten dollars to my account. Awesome.

I heard Oblivion DLC was half off, but forgot the older prices...is it really half off because it still seems a bit high? Oh..it only seems the GOTY additions got marked off...dang now I have 5 dollars extra, but if new deals are like this week, it won't be there for long.

XBLA:
-Shadow Complex - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Perfect Dark - 400 msp - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Saints Row 2 - 1200 msp or $15 (US prices) - 25% off - Metacritic

DLC:
-Saints Row 2: Corporate Warfare - 280 msp - 50% off - Metacritic
-Saints Row 2: Ultor Exposed - 400 msp - 50% off - Metacritic

When I typed this up metacritic was down. The links should work when it's back up, but there's a chance they don't. If not, sorry.[/QUOTE]

Oh come on, I just bought Perfect Dark!

[quote name='Coltin']Oh come on, I just bought Perfect Dark![/QUOTE]
Everytime I read your posts all I can think is "Charmander is not pleased." This one is definitely no different.

Totally want Shadow Complex but don't feel like buying$10 worth of points. I hate having leftover points. :X Is the Fallout: NV DLC, "Honest Hearts," any good? I have barely touched NV but might just buy it rather than wait for a GotY edition.

[quote name='zubalove']Oblivion (Bethesda) stuff is still showing full price for me. Anyone seeing it marked down?[/QUOTE]

Marked down on Xbox.com for me... not marked down on my console.

[quote name='bardockkun']Everytime I read your posts all I can think is "Charmander is not pleased." This one is definitely no different.[/QUOTE]

Haha. You just made me reread his post as if it were subtitles. In my head I hear "Char char, mander char man CHAR!"

Hey guys, need some input on the 2 New Vegas DLCs. I bought the game in July but haven't opened it yet. $5 is a good price for DLC (IMO), but I'm not sure if these are worth it with all things considered... input?

PS - this is stemming from not buying the Bulletstorm DLC when it was onsale (since I didn't own the game, even though I wanted it) then buying the game a few weeks later thangs to Gamefly's crazy-cheap sale. Now I feel dumb for not getting it on sale!

Weird, the DotW games are still showing up as 800MSP on my Xbox (I am gold), but I was able to buy MtG 2012 and Catan via Xbox.com at the discounted price of 400MSP. Anyone else having similar issues?

Edit: I see Geello and some others are having the same issue.

Had a box about this sale in the Game Marketplace on my Xbox a few hours ago and now it's not there anymore and the things on sale aren't anymore. Weird ...

[quote name='victimsofadown']Hey guys, need some input on the 2 New Vegas DLCs. I bought the game in July but haven't opened it yet. $5 is a good price for DLC (IMO), but I'm not sure if these are worth it with all things considered... input?

PS - this is stemming from not buying the Bulletstorm DLC when it was onsale (since I didn't own the game, even though I wanted it) then buying the game a few weeks later thangs to Gamefly's crazy-cheap sale. Now I feel dumb for not getting it on sale![/QUOTE]

You are not going to see Fallout New Vegas DLC for cheaper than $5 and it looks like they are not going to be releasing a GOTY edition for it with everything included.

I really did enjoy Dead Money (Whereas most people hated it), but have not had the chance to go through Honest Hearts yet.

[quote name='bardockkun']Everytime I read your posts all I can think is "Charmander is not pleased." This one is definitely no different.[/QUOTE]

I find his posts to be very charmingly naive. Truly a fresh-faced CAG just learning to save. I like seeing what he has to say.

If you don't own Perfect Dark XBLA yet, and you pass it up next week when it is 50% off... I don't think you can consider yourself a gamer...

Same goes for Shadow Complex.

The sales this week... Nothing that I'm interested in, but it is nice to see multiple XBLA games on sale at the same time. Keep it up MS!

Picked up the two FO3 DLCs I didn't have, The Pitt and Mothership Zeta, and got the two New Vegas DLCs.

I really hope they discount the other two New Vegas DLCs soon, I really liked that game.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Picked up the two FO3 DLCs I didn't have, The Pitt and Mothership Zeta, and got the two New Vegas DLCs.

I really hope they discount the other two New Vegas DLCs soon, I really liked that game.[/QUOTE]

I only need the recording tapes achievement from Mothership Zeta. I can't bring myself to do it. ;)

[quote name='Geello']You are not going to see Fallout New Vegas DLC for cheaper than $5 and it looks like they are not going to be releasing a GOTY edition for it with everything included. .[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought a GotY edition got leaked on European Amazon, what's the basis for your assumption (other than time, but RDR is JUST getting a GotY NOW, so I don't think you can rule it out based on that)?

Aside from that, this DotW is.. interesting. Can't say I've ever really taken an interest in any of those games (I only know of Magic 2012 and YGO 5Ds), so I guess I'll be playing some trials this week. The Bethesda sale though, is standard fare for the most part except for Doom II + Quake Arena and the NV DLC. Please don't support this nonsense by buying any Oblivion DLC, since Skyrim'll probably induce a sale (which might ACTUALLY include the Xbox only stuff for fucking once) and the 2 main DLC packs are available on the GotY edition and the 5th Anniversary edition. It was nice to see Rage being released (which I just picked up) prompted this kind of sale which might get it some attention, as I think most have low expectations of this game which seem to have been proved wrong.

Next week's DotW looks fucking fantastic considering I own 0% of it. Looks like I'll be buying my 3rd MSP card, which would make for $60 spent on MSP this week...

[quote name='sp8001']The sales this week... Nothing that I'm interested in, but it is nice to see multiple XBLA games on sale at the same time. Keep it up MS![/QUOTE]

This. Although the points are burning a hole in my pocket and I might pull the trigger on Magic and/or Quake.

Keep putting arcade games on sale and I'm a happy camper. Something I want is bound to surface sooner or later.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Really? I thought a GotY edition got leaked on European Amazon, what's the basis for your assumption (other than time, but RDR is JUST getting a GotY NOW, so I don't think you can rule it out based on that)?[/QUOTE]

I also assume we'll get one. The Fallout 3 GOTY came out 2 months after the final Fallout 3 DLC was released. The last NV DLC came out two weeks ago. It was delayed and maybe that pushed back the GOTY announcement and release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back