XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have to get the Saints 2 DLC next week. Wanted it when I played through SR2, but seeing how a guy I know has been wanting to play through some SR2, that may be the thing that gets me back into it.

This week, on the fence. Not sure if I ever tried the Catan demo or if I'm thinking of something else. As for Magic...maybe. I do like card games, but I feel I don't play them enough too justify it.

Seriously Bethesda...only horse armor...seriously?

Knights and Shivering are on GOTY ed. already...we need the entire catalog of Oblivion to be on sale not just freaking horse armor.

I don't have time right now to go through the new posts so maybe someone has said this but if you are planning on getting the Oblivion dlc Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine for 1600 points then you shouldn't, you can get a brand new copy of the 5th Anniversary Edition with a copy of the game and that dlc for $20 from Walmart or Gamestop.

Also, I can't believe each of the Fallout 3 dlc is half price and still costs $5, I bought a used copy of the goty for $11 over the summer and I didn't realize how good of a deal I got until now.

[quote name='bunck']I don't have time right now to go through the new posts so maybe someone has said this but if you are planning on getting the Oblivion dlc Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine for 1600 points then you shouldn't, you can get a brand new copy of the 5th Anniversary Edition with a copy of the game and that dlc for $20 from Walmart or Gamestop.

Also, I can't believe each of the Fallout 3 dlc is half price and still costs $5, I bought a used copy of the goty for $11 over the summer and I didn't realize how good of a deal I got until now.[/QUOTE]

thought the 5th Anny edition was $30... however I do know the regular GOTY Oblivion was recently re-released as well as a Platinum hits edition for $20. (http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-game-of-the-year-edition/92835)

however, if the 5th anniversary can still be found, and at $20, certainly go for that instead. tho the listing on gamestop.com is showing out of stock and listed at $30.

My issue is the DoTW isn't showing up on the dashboard. I got Magic for 400 points but Yu Gi Oh is saying Free and yet can't download it! Plus none of the new DLC for things like Portal 2 and Rock Band are showing up.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Thanks for response. I read a bit more about the Courier's Stash:

Wake up in the Mojave Wasteland with an edge. Courier’s Stash™ gives players immediate access to four content bundles previously available only through pre-ordering Fallout: New Vegas®. The Caravan Pack, Classic Pack, Mercenary Pack and Tribal Pack each offer unique weapons, apparel and aid advantages that will help you throughout your journey.

Sounds like it is ALL the DLC from the preorder bonuses. That might be worth 2 bucks. If the Gun Runner's stuff can be gotten eventually in the game then I won't buy it.

Edit: Just read more about Gun Runner's...funny thing is there are not really any "guns" to be had...mostly melee weapons...not my style...guess I will pass on that.

Edit 2: Well now I read the Wiki and it seems like there is a ton added by this pack. And it has its own achievements,

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gun_Runners%27_Arsenal[/QUOTE]

hmm... both are interesting dlc's. unfortunately i already traded away my copy, otherwise the sale on the dlc packs, and these new dlc contents may have lured me back in. i can say the couriers stash or whatever seems decent, i got the Classic Pack i think? from gamestop, and it had a canteen as one of the items you get, and that would randomly restore a small portion of your health, i found it pretty helpful. pretty much all the other items i ended up replacing though. not sure what was in the other packs

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']hmm... both are interesting dlc's. unfortunately i already traded away my copy, otherwise the sale on the dlc packs, and these new dlc contents may have lured me back in. i can say the couriers stash or whatever seems decent, i got the Classic Pack i think? from gamestop, and it had a canteen as one of the items you get, and that would randomly restore a small portion of your health, i found it pretty helpful. pretty much all the other items i ended up replacing though. not sure what was in the other packs[/QUOTE]

The canteen restores H20 for Hardcore players as well as the HP, so it's better in Hardcore mode. The message can get annoying too, so keep that in mind.

Catan was showing as "FREE" when I went to download it. However, everytime I tried to download it, it said there was an error. So, I downloaded the Trial Game hoping to get it for "FREE" by "Unlocking Full Game." Well, it showed "FREE" again, but when I hit purchase, it switched to 400 MSP and I fucking bought it. Dangit, I only wanted it if it was "FREE" lol. Oh well, glad I still have 8420 MSP...

Why are the Fallout 3 DLC packs still so expensive? I understand that it's great DLC but $5 each is rather expensive at this point in the game's life cycle. I only need mother zeta but I wouldn't be willing to pay anything over 200 points at this point and I think a lot of people would agree with me on that.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I find his posts to be very charmingly naive. Truly a fresh-faced CAG just learning to save. I like seeing what he has to say.[/QUOTE]
Not complaining. I Do like Charmander it's just Charmander overrides anything else because he's goddamn Charmander.

[quote name='bardockkun']Not complaining. I Do like Charmander it's just Charmander overrides anything else because he's goddamn Charmander.[/QUOTE]

We can't all be Bulbasaurs now can we?

[quote name='Gnort']That's good news for whichever CAG it was who was asking about Shadow Complex, you'll only have to wait a week! 600MSP is a steal for that game.[/QUOTE]

that was me! I'm totally excited by that and by this week's Fallout NV DLC sale. I was tearing through that game last month, but ended up stopping once i hit the regular game's level cap (if i'm not getting XP it just seems like a waste of time -- kind of bizarre, and what does that say about my psychology? Don't know, but it's the truth). I hit the cap nowhere near the end of the narrative because i was doing so many side missions and exploration.

I know i should probably wait for the GOTY edition of F:NV, but I'm afraid by then i'll have lost all interest in picking the game back up again.

[quote name='abhinav']Why are the Fallout 3 DLC packs still so expensive? I understand that it's great DLC but $5 each is rather expensive at this point in the game's life cycle. I only need mother zeta but I wouldn't be willing to pay anything over 200 points at this point and I think a lot of people would agree with me on that.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they will ever lower it to 200 points. They have no reason to, the DLC still sells at 800 pts and they have to overhead or inventory to worry about.

That being said, Mothership Zeta isn't very good so I wouldn't lose any sleep over not having it. All you really need for Fallout 3 is Broken Steel and Point Lookout.

Has anyone seen the ad to verify I got all the sale items in the OP? I pulled what you guy/gals posted and what xbldb had.

Also, has anyone on the GOLD family plan seen the new family deal?

The dash didn't have anything when I checked this morning. I'm on the family pack, I'll keep checking and I'll update xbldb as soon as the Family pack is "official" and the Recently Reduced are "official".

The Recently Reduced seemed to only be Games on Deamnd thou.

At this point I am worried that the Family Pack deals may be over. Last month we didn't get an ad for it but it was obvious because it was a gold only discount and not part of the DotW. This month nothing, hopefully they are just moving the Family Pack deal to another week in the month.

The beginning of the month may be too much for MS. :)

There is no 'weekly deal' for me on Spotlight and there usually is one. However, I did see a FREE Theme for Forza 4 among some free dlc for portal 2 and dead rising 2 otr

[quote name='reddjoey']Has anyone seen the ad to verify I got all the sale items in the OP? I pulled what you guy/gals posted and what xbldb had.

Also, has anyone on the GOLD family plan seen the new family deal?[/QUOTE]

Also forgot, I added gold prices to xbldb.com, this should help identify the family pack deal. I'm still working out the kinks so there may be duplicate (one for gold price drop and one for silver price drop).

If anybody see any issues please let me know and I will fix it as soon as possible.

[quote name='aServantOfGod']Catan was showing as "FREE" when I went to download it. However, everytime I tried to download it, it said there was an error. So, I downloaded the Trial Game hoping to get it for "FREE" by "Unlocking Full Game." Well, it showed "FREE" again, but when I hit purchase, it switched to 400 MSP and I fucking bought it. Dangit, I only wanted it if it was "FREE" lol. Oh well, glad I still have 8420 MSP...[/QUOTE]

Guess I'll run into you while you play a few games then :)

[quote name='intoxicated662']There is no 'weekly deal' for me on Spotlight and there usually is one. However, I did see a FREE Theme for Forza 4 among some free dlc for portal 2 and dead rising 2 otr[/QUOTE]

Are people interested in free themes and gamer pics? Should I add a page to my website for these? My "feed" already includes free dlc.

[quote name='sp8001']If you don't own Perfect Dark XBLA yet, and you pass it up next week when it is 50% off... I don't think you can consider yourself a gamer...

Same goes for Shadow Complex.[/QUOTE]

Good heavens no. Perfect Dark is a period piece at best. I loved it way back when but it's certainly no must play.

Shadow Complex is great though. It'd be a classic with just a smidge more creativity but is totally worth the price.

Anyone have any good advice as to whether or not to hold out for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet to go on sale?

I very much want it... but Torchlight just went on sale and ITSP came out around the same time. Though, DLC for ITSP is being released next week and I thought that might hurt its chances of going on sale any time soon.

[quote name='steveau']Torchlight just went on sale and ITSP came out around the same time.[/QUOTE]

You might want to check your information, as Torchlight came out many months before ITSP.

SoA games will all go on sale around the holidays.... so if you can wait a few months, you will save some spacebucks.

But hey, do what you want - I bought Crysis today @ 1600msp because I highly doubt it'll ever be reduced.... and I could be wrong about that too.

[quote name='steveau']Anyone have any good advice as to whether or not to hold out for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet to go on sale?

I very much want it... but Torchlight just went on sale and ITSP came out around the same time. Though, DLC for ITSP is being released next week and I thought that might hurt its chances of going on sale any time soon.[/QUOTE]

If ITSP doesn't go on sale before the end of the year, I will be super surprised. There are monster sales coming for Black Friday/Thanksgiving and Christmas AND New Year's if previous years are any indication.

It also seems like a likely game for a HALLOWEEN THEMED sale later this month, doesn't it?

[quote name='Gabrius']You might want to check your information, as Torchlight came out many months before ITSP.

SoA games will all go on sale around the holidays.... so if you can wait a few months, you will save some spacebucks.

But hey, do what you want - I bought Crysis today @ 1600msp because I highly doubt it'll ever be reduced.... and I could be wrong about that too.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for doing your part to make sure Crysis goes on sale ;)

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Thank you for doing your part to make sure Crysis goes on sale ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL... every once and a while even the caggiest of cags needs to make a sacrifice for the cause ^_^

(I'll rationalize it by remembering I got the 1600MSP card for $15 @ TRU)

Really happy this place exists, apparently I don't ever get dashboard notifications for sales anymore. It's like the entire Xbox Live team got fired over the free points mishap and since then it's been everyone's first day on the job.

This is further evidenced by the fact that, while I have nothing telling me Carcassonne and Catan are on sale, they ARE appearing in the New Games section on the Marketplace.

[quote name='Gabrius']You might want to check your information, as Torchlight came out many months before ITSP.

But hey, do what you want - I bought Crysis today @ 1600msp because I highly doubt it'll ever be reduced.... and I could be wrong about that too.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, I might hold off. Thanks heaps!

Apologies, I accidently had one game open via the US marketplace and one open via the Australian marketplace and so the dates were back to front, i.e. 8/3/2011 for ITSP and 9/3/2011 for Torchlight... thus thinking they were both released in March!

[quote name='DaGrandMastah']aww man outland was on sale the week of 9/27 and i missed out! that was on my must buy list (when it went on sale)[/QUOTE]

The good news is that Microsoft likes to repeat sales.

Picked up Catan. Very good port, even with no local multiplayer.

Cannot freaking wait for next Wednesday, AKA Guardian fucking Heroes Day.

[quote name='Solder']
Cannot freaking wait for next Wednesday, AKA Guardian fucking Heroes Day.[/QUOTE]

Have my points ready and waiting. It's not often I buy XBLA titles at release, but I have been waiting eagerly for this one.

Nice little cherry on top with FX2 getting a brand new (to XBLA) pinball table on the 12th as well... Sorcerer's Lair!

You know I always see people saying oh man I but I just bought that game recently but Oh man I just bought Magic the Gathering 2012 recently! Damn...

Very coincidental that I replied hoping for New Vegas DLC on the one day sale. It's only half by 10 dollars is better than 20.

[quote name='Arkalivan']Very coincidental that I replied hoping for New Vegas DLC on the one day sale. It's only half by 10 dollars is better than 20.[/QUOTE]

If it wasn't you it would have been someone else. It seems like every other week someone is asking when the New Vegas DLC will go on sale. Based on Fallout 3's DLC going on sale constantly it was only a matter of time before the New Vegas DLC started to go on sale over and over again. I'm glad it's finally getting the discount so people will be happy.

I Want to get the New Vegas DLC, but I have a feeling come December they'll all be on sale and I rather do a run through of them all at once.

[quote name='sp8001']Have my points ready and waiting. It's not often I buy XBLA titles at release, but I have been waiting eagerly for this one.

[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, I'm in the same boat here. Got 2000 points waiting for it and then Dungeon fucking Defenders the following week. Gonna be a solid month of arcade games.

Hell yes.

I've been waiting forever for that Saints Row 2 DLC to get marked down. Almost bought it a few times, just because I only paid $3 for the game itself but held out as I knew I'd kick myself in the ass when it eventually went on sale.

Regarding Catan, MS has NEVER had a sale for it till now and I've been waiting for it to go on sale for AGES! It used to be free for new Gold members if I recalled correctly and I played it on my friend's 360. Then a couple of months back I broke down and paid full price for it.

No regrets and it's still one of the more popular XBLA titles.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Saints Row 2 for 15 dollars? I'm tempted. Someone talk me out of it.[/QUOTE]

You can get it for $14 shipped on Amazon ($12 with FSSS from AMazon Warehouse) and then you have a physical copy which you can sale at a later time if you chose to do so.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Saints Row 2 for 15 dollars? I'm tempted. Someone talk me out of it.[/QUOTE]

Saints Row Double Pack (1 & 2) is $20 on Amazon.

Picked up MTG 2012. Pleasantly surprised that is is on sale so soon. To those on the fence about Catan, its great. I can only attest to the single player, but i have sunk many, many hours into the game. I have Carcassonne too, i think i should go back and play it some more.

[quote name='basis']Regarding Catan, MS has NEVER had a sale for it till now and I've been waiting for it to go on sale for AGES! It used to be free for new Gold members if I recalled correctly and I played it on my friend's 360. Then a couple of months back I broke down and paid full price for it.

No regrets and it's still one of the more popular XBLA titles.[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting too and I'm very happy they finally put it on sale. Now if they'd finally put Vandal Hearts : Flames of Judgment on sale, I'd be really happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back