XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spylon']So was Metro 2033 at 320 a mistake or a bug in my site? I don't rescan back to back so I may have to updated it manually to 1800 ($22.49) before people get too excited.[/QUOTE]

Most likely a mistake. Also, Paranormal Pinball table add-on for Pinball FX 2 will be free from release (Oct. 26th) to Nov. 1st, so might wanna take advantage of that.

I wonder what else is part of this Shocktober sale, and what's going to happen with this Kinect sale?

DR DotW is a given, I guess, too bad it's a giant repeat (missing the extra DR2 classes as well), but I don't have either Cases yet so, going to keep 600 points saved.

When you look at the list, it says that the Dead Rising stuff is NEXT week, not this week. So don't expect it to go on sale today if you're going to get them.

[quote name='HumpsMcLovin']When you look at the list, it says that the Dead Rising stuff is NEXT week, not this week. So don't expect it to go on sale today if you're going to get them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. My dash is showing Zombie Apocalypse for 400 so I think it's part of Shocktober. xbox.com is not showing that so xbldb.com will not reflect the drop until after xbox.com does.

Sweet a free table! Been waiting for a sale on tables but free is better!

How is zombie apocolypse? Just another twin stick shooter with zombies?

[quote name='clickpow']Wow thx, another table to add to my collection. Looks good too.[/QUOTE]

FYI - Narsis84's post is for Zen Pinball (PS3) not Pinball FX2 (360). It doesn't belong on this thread.

[quote name='nCogNeato']FYI - Narsis84's post is for Zen Pinball (PS3) not Pinball FX2 (360). It doesn't belong on this thread.[/QUOTE]

Aww crap.

[quote name='nCogNeato']FYI - Narsis84's post is for Zen Pinball (PS3) not Pinball FX2 (360). It doesn't belong on this thread.[/QUOTE]

That's disappointing. I got all excited. I have a PS3, but not Zen Pinball. I wish they did Zen Pinball like Pinball FX2, so I could just purchase whatever tables I want and use the free program to play them. Owell, I will wait for more Marvel tables to be released this year. I am most excited about those in the world of console pinball!

Edit: [quote name='tylerh1701']According to Major Nelson's blog, it's free on 360.[/QUOTE]

Ok, happy again...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

According to Major Nelson's blog, it's free on 360.

Anyway, are the Shocktober sales posted on the dashboard? Or if someone knows what they are, can they post them?

Yeah, that table is indeed posted on Major Nelson. Isn't the base "game" free now, and the tables are purchased? Does that mean I can grab that and this new table at no cost?

I'm impressed that War of the Worlds is only going to be 800MSP, like Outland I thought it looked like a 1200MSP game.

Unfortunately, I've got such a big backlog of XBLA games to go through that I'm probably going to repay them for setting such a reasonable price by waiting for it to hit 400MSP on a sale...

[quote name='Slermy']Yeah, that table is indeed posted on Major Nelson. Isn't the base "game" free now, and the tables are purchased? Does that mean I can grab that and this new table at no cost?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not. That's what I plan to do next week.

Dash still shows last week's DotW.
"Shocktober" is a promo w/ horror games, most of which aren't discounted. Zombie Apocalypse, Castlevania, and Alan Wake are said to be discounted.

[quote name='Althax']How is zombie apocolypse? Just another twin stick shooter with zombies?[/QUOTE]

Like the other poster here, I found it to be briefly entertaining. Then it gets repititious. It's really shallow.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Yup, and its a bad one. It starts out pretty cool and just becomes monotonous to hellish levell, especially if your going after achievements.[/QUOTE]

This is the truth. There's a main story mode which has you going through 55 days. After the first 5 or so days the levels all repeat with slight variations in enemies. There's a couple of different weapons and what not, but it gets very repetitive fast.

And then there is Hell mode (7 Days of Hell), which has an achievement tied to it. Imagine all of the above but where you have to kill 3000-3500 zombies in one sitting, SEVEN TIMES. It's just tedious.

I got the game when it when on sale last time.

Hey, cool. A free table for Pinball FX 2. Think I'll get that, the Sonic Generations demo tomorrow, & Daytona USA, then I'm done for the month. I'm gonna wait on Bejeweled 3 to drop to 400 or 600 MSP.

I'm slightly interested to see what the Beavis & Butt-head avatar stuff looks like.

Zune stuff doesn't seem to be mentioned here (maybe there's another thread for it somewhere), but there's some 100ms horror rentals right now. Night of the Living Dead (1990), I Spit On Your Grave Unrated (2010), Fright Night (original), Candyman, The Descent, and some other stuff.

Not bad, considering Zune sales usually suck.

[quote name='creech42']This is the truth. There's a main story mode which has you going through 55 days. After the first 5 or so days the levels all repeat with slight variations in enemies. There's a couple of different weapons and what not, but it gets very repetitive fast.

And then there is Hell mode (7 Days of Hell), which has an achievement tied to it. Imagine all of the above but where you have to kill 3000-3500 zombies in one sitting, SEVEN TIMES. It's just tedious.

I got the game when it when on sale last time.[/QUOTE]

Or, you could get someone to load up the 7th day then beat it from there. The person who loads it up can leave too. Unlimited continues. That's if you were buying this game for achievements. If so, it takes about 4 hours and has a difficulty on the area of 3/10. Granted that's if you don't actually play through all 7 days. Because that would be HELL....pun intended.

[quote name='ooga']Wow a world of Keflings add-on? I may have to grab that.[/QUOTE]

Definitely interested as well. Keflings games are the perfect arcade game. Only $10 and are hard to stop playing. Definitely a game that's made me late to class on several occasions. Can't wait for DLC next Wednesday.

[quote name='wmclark']I never buy a game at full price but I'll be getting Dungeon Defenders tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Hear, hear!

This is the 3rd first day full price buy for me. (Marvel vs Capcom 2 which is my favorite game ever, last week's Guardian Heroes HD and now Dungeon Defenders).

Dungeon Defenders looks to be 100% worth 15 bucks, ridiculous amounts of gameplay for the money.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I just beat Costume Quest last week. Awesome game. But seriously, the DLC needs to go on sale for Halloween.[/QUOTE]
I just really want more Costume Quest. Another installment, more DLC, whatever.

I'd love to see the Stacking DLC go on sale too, would be a nice reason to go back and complete that game.

If you want to try Bejeweled 3 but think 1200 is a bit much, then Bejeweled 2 had a perma-drop to 400 recently and they're the same game.

Can someone explain how the Pinball FX tables work? The game itself is free, but you have to buy the tables, right? So if I download the game and the table that's currently free, I own it forever? Or is it only free to play until 11/1?

I know the link is from the PS3 verzion but isn't it the same table?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I just really want more Costume Quest. Another installment, more DLC, whatever.

I'd love to see the Stacking DLC go on sale too, would be a nice reason to go back and complete that game.[/QUOTE]

I had been waiting for more Costume Quest as well. With the Halloween coming, I started digging through the interwebs. I knew there had been mention of a sequel at some point (possibly PS3 exclusive) but I hadn't heard anything since then. Then, I found some bad news. The chick who was the heart and soul behind Costume Quest, left the company to work for Pixar.

I know this doesn't mean that it is not going to happen but it doesn't make the situation look better.

I'd pay 1200 pts for a CQ sequel on a day one. No questions.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Can someone explain how the Pinball FX tables work? The game itself is free, but you have to buy the tables, right? So if I download the game and the table that's currently free, I own it forever? Or is it only free to play until 11/1?[/QUOTE]

You will own the table forever.

[quote name='aServantOfGod']I want the DLC on sale....[/QUOTE]

THQ did a massive DLC sale on PS3 only about 2-3 months back. Got Costume Quest's DLC and all the DLC for Smackdown vs. Raw 11. I still need to play it.

The only reason I got CQ on PS3 was that was the only system that ever had it on sale, and if 360 did have it on sale, it was wayyy after PS3 had it on sale (which was last week of Jan.) Of course now it was given away on PS Plus this month.

The original 1/2 price CQ PS3 sale ended the day the First Strike maps came out on 360, tried the demo, loved it, bought it, and beat it while waiting for 360 download because for whatever reason ATT DSL became crappier than usual that day.

Still pisses me off that I missed the PS3 Stacking sale (didn't have PS Plus until after the PSN outage) because Sony decided to update their store the earliest they've EVER done it when it wasn't E3 that day and I missed the sale. Usually you have till 6 p.m. central to get in on last week's deals and the whole update had been applied by 2 p.m. central.

[quote name='King Royalty']is 800 worth both reach map packs?[/QUOTE]

If you're a big Halo player then yes, but I wouldn't pay anymore than that.

There's under 1k people playing the hoppers that have only the DLC maps at peak times (when I got the maps last time they were on sale) and most of the players in them (well anybody still playing Halo) are so good if you're a novice like me then you will want to stick to CoD/BF/Uncharted because you won't have fun.

[quote name='Narsis84']I'd pay 1200 pts for a CQ sequel on a day one. No questions.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I actually got CQ on sale for 600 points but it's worth the full $15 no question.

[quote name='louiedog']You will own the table forever.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! That's pretty cool.

[quote name='vantheman']Nice, a free pinball fx2 table. I have wanted to try that game.[/QUOTE]

The "Buccaneer" table was free for "Pinball FX" for at least 6+ months until Pinball FX2 came out. That was an easy time to pick up a free (full) table. :)

I paid the full 1200 for CQ last year and it was totally worth every penny. Going to play through it again next week. I haven't bought the DLC mainly because I didn't like the winterish atmosphere vs. the originals fall-Halloween theme. I'll check it out if it ever goes on sale.

[quote name='Cornelius']The "Buccaneer" table was free for "Pinball FX" for at least 6+ months until Pinball FX2 came out. That was an easy time to pick up a free (full) table. :)[/QUOTE]

I picked up that table when it was free but didn't have Pinball FX. It didn't unlock in Pinball FX2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back