XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spylon']FYI,

My site seems to be having issues with scans. GTA: San Andreas is $4.49 on GFWL but my site thinks it's free. I may have a bug with the $4.49 price. I won't be able to check the code until later tonight. Verify any drops the site reports before getting to excited about something.[/QUOTE]

There may also be something fishy on xbox.com's end as well.

I noticed earlier that the MSP price for GTAIV (PC) is 481 MSP instead of 480 as it should be. That is really going to screw up somebody's balance.

[quote name='biledriver']People will tell you that Symphony of the Night is the best and maybe you will agree. As a Castlevania fan who started with the original, SoTN is way down the list for me. After the the DS games, Simon's Quest, Dracula's Curse and Rondo of Blood.[/QUOTE]What, Simon's Quest but no Super Castlevania IV?! Doctors, take this man away. ;)

[quote name='Thrinn']What, Simon's Quest but no Super Castlevania IV?! Doctors, take this man away. ;)[/QUOTE]

Seriously, liking Simon's Quest more than Symphony of the Night is a good case for insanity. :cool:

On the subject of arcade sports games, the Tecmo Bowl remake really needed more improvements than it got. NBA Jam and NFL Blitz hold up much better than what is essentially a pretty NES game.

I don't have Dead Rising on the 360, are Case Zero and Case West standalone games (they don't require the original game to play)?

[quote name='pablo_vllj']I don't have Dead Rising on the 360, are Case Zero and Case West standalone games (they don't require the original game to play)?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are full XBLA games. I highly recommend Case Zero. Case West might be fun with a co-op partner, but I didn't enjoy playing it solo.

[quote name='pablo_vllj']I don't have Dead Rising on the 360, are Case Zero and Case West standalone games (they don't require the original game to play)?[/QUOTE]

These are stand alone. Start with Case Zero first if you are unsure if you will like them (it's the better of the two, but both are great). Also Dead Rising is way cheaper on disk, plus you can loan out/sell later.

[quote name='Turkey']Ditto on the Case Zero recommendations. In my opinion, it's the best game in the series.[/QUOTE]

I hope you mean downloadable series. That shit doesnt hold anything aganist the console versions. DR 2 IMO is the best, but I haven't played the new one so I cant really say in the matter.

Case Zero > DR1 > Case West

haven't played DR2 yet. I recommend skipping Case West unless you have someone online to play with, I found out the hard way that it doesn't have couch co-op :( (should've probably read first, oh well)

Case Zero is quite good for the price, it's nothing special though. But definitely worth grabbing at $5 IMO, so anything lower than that I highly recommend.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Yes, they are full XBLA games. I highly recommend Case Zero. Case West might be fun with a co-op partner, but I didn't enjoy playing it solo.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sonnyforple']These are stand alone. Start with Case Zero first if you are unsure if you will like them (it's the better of the two, but both are great). Also Dead Rising is way cheaper on disk, plus you can loan out/sell later.[/QUOTE]

I was actually expecting Case West to be the best one, I think I'll enjoy them, I loved the first DR

And I WILL buy DR2, I just decided to get it on PC since it looks better and it's easier to find at lower prices (or a steam sale ;) ), unless there's a good deal on the 360 version. Anyways, just wanted to make sure I'd be able to play these games without having to buy the full game

So thank you for the quick replies

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Case Zero > DR1 > Case West

haven't played DR2 yet. I recommend skipping Case West unless you have someone online to play with, I found out the hard way that it doesn't have couch co-op :( (should've probably read first, oh well)

Case Zero is quite good for the price, it's nothing special though. But definitely worth grabbing at $5 IMO, so anything lower than that I highly recommend.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Case West is that bad?

Well, according to the OP both games are going to be 50% off next week, so I was thinking that this may be a good time to get them

[quote name='nCogNeato']There may also be something fishy on xbox.com's end as well.

I noticed earlier that the MSP price for GTAIV (PC) is 481 MSP instead of 480 as it should be. That is really going to screw up somebody's balance.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to think the last dash update also included some sever updates that weren't fleshed out 100%.

I Agree Dead Rising 2: Case Zero was the best. Dead Rising 1 was fun when it came out. Dead Rising 2 literally just dragged on and on with very little changes from the first game that by the end it's long worn out it's welcome. That and the boss battles in 2 become the SAME DAMN thing over and over again. Wail on the boss until he gets several frames of animation where you can't attack and run and attack again. It just gets beyond annoying.

[quote name='pablo_vllj']And I WILL buy DR2, I just decided to get it on PC since it looks better and it's easier to find at lower prices[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that the Case Zero save can be carried over to DR2 itself, so there is some benefit in playing them on the same platform. There's no carry over into Case West, though.

[quote name='totoguy']Keep in mind that the Case Zero save can be carried over to DR2 itself, so there is some benefit in playing them on the same platform. There's no carry over into Case West, though.[/QUOTE]

I already knew that, but afaik you can keep your level and items but nothing really exclusive by importing your save (you can get everything in the main game,but again, afaik), but thanks anyway. I am considering getting the 360 ver, just prefer it on PC, free online also being a huge plus besides graphics since I'm a silver member

[quote name='pablo_vllj']I already knew that, but afaik you can keep your level and items but nothing really exclusive by importing your save (you can get everything in the main game,but again, afaik), but thanks anyway. I am considering getting the 360 ver, just prefer it on PC, free online also being a huge plus besides graphics since I'm a silver member[/QUOTE]

The sale next week is gold only thou.

I would say Case Zero > DR2 > Case West.

If you don't plan on playing DR2 there's really no point in playing Case West. It's essentially an overtime mode. Considering DR2 is pretty cheap now you get a lot more value just buying DR2 instead of Case West for 400.

Since off the record just came it, it actually might just be best for wait for Off the Record to be

I may be the only person on the planet that did not like Dead Rising 2 AT ALL. I tried playing Case Zero and just got instantly bored. I tried to plod through for a while but hated it. I don't usually 'hate' playing a game but it was just awful. Slow moving, not intuitive and flat out shoddy controls, boring building weapon mechanic, I could go on.

Take it for what it's worth. I'm one out of hundreds 'round here, and I'm clearly the minority.

I Think all I really want next week is the Kinect sale with some of the Dance Central DLC I'm missing. Really that's about all I want before DC2.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Think all I really want next week is the Kinect sale with some of the Dance Central DLC I'm missing.[/QUOTE]
Your wish has been granted. Kinect Anniversary sales are showing up live on my dash now. Here's all the deals

Kinect Anniversary October 23-November 5
Dance Central Packs 1-4 - 640 points each 33% off
DC Pack 5 - 480 points 33% off
DC Packs 6-7 - 960 points each 33% off
DC Marathon Pack 1 - 1400 points 58% off
DC Marathon Pack 2 - 1500 points 58% off
DC track "I Gotta Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas - 160 points 33% off

Your Shape Fitness Evolved: Toned Body Add on - 160 points 50% off
Kinect Sparkler - 80 points 67% off
Kinect Sports Calorie Challenge Pack - 160 points 50% off
Carnival Games Monkey Dancin Pack - 200 points 50% off
Carnival Games Coastrama Pack - 160 points 50% off
Red Foam Finger(avatar) - 160 points 55% off
Kinectimals Canadian Lynx pet(avatar) - 120 points 50% off
Kinectimals Asiatic Cheetah pet(avatar) - 120 points 50% off

Seems like there are some decent ones in there with a few repeats. Overall, pretty good I'd say if you own a Kinect. Since I JUST bought a Kinect from a friend($75), I might bite on Kinect Sparkler and the Calorie Challenge Pack. Those Dance Centrals tracks are a massive deal if you haven't bought em yet

[quote name='Dustinator']
Your Shape Fitness Evolved: Toned Body Add on - 160 points 50% off[/QUOTE]
Amazing. Thank you, got this one.

I'll probably grab Sparkler, but nothing else interests me, since I don't have those 4 games.

edit. Sale prices aren't showing online right now.

There is a 50% off kinect sports when you buy kinect sports season 2 from selected retailers. Anyone knows which retailers have this deal?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']So does the new shockobter sales start tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Did the "current" shocktober sale ever start? :lol:
I'm guessing if it actually does, it would be Tues morning/noon (like when the DotW starts). I wouldn't get my hopes up though. I can't even get the sale price for Kinect Sparkler to show up yet. :whistle2:(
Do you have to have Kinect to see those deals?

[quote name='drawingboard']Did the "current" shocktober sale ever start? :lol:
I'm guessing if it actually does, it would be Tues morning/noon (like when the DotW starts). I wouldn't get my hopes up though. I can't even get the sale price for Kinect Sparkler to show up yet. :whistle2:(
Do you have to have Kinect to see those deals?[/QUOTE]

The current one shows up on my dashboard.

[quote name='drawingboard']Did the "current" shocktober sale ever start? :lol:
Do you have to have Kinect to see those deals?[/QUOTE]

zombie acoplyse and castlevania HOD are the 2 arcade agmes on sale. everyone else said that they saw microsoft write that more deals were coming this following week. Hopefully ALOT of dlc on certain horror games go on sale.

[quote name='Dustinator']Your wish has been granted. Kinect Anniversary sales are showing up live on my dash now. Here's all the deals

Seems like there are some decent ones in there with a few repeats. Overall, pretty good I'd say if you own a Kinect. Since I JUST bought a Kinect from a friend($75), I might bite on Kinect Sparkler and the Calorie Challenge Pack. Those Dance Centrals tracks are a massive deal if you haven't bought em yet[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will update the OP when I get home later tonight. I have class until 6pm EST and then an event from 7-12. :-({|=

Looks like Kinect Sparkler isn't on sale, at least for now.

Picked up the Kinect Sports DLC and the other one that's free. Each of them have 250 achievement points. Now I just need to get the game.

[quote name='Dustinator']Your wish has been granted. Kinect Anniversary sales are showing up live on my dash now. Here's all the deals

Seems like there are some decent ones in there with a few repeats. Overall, pretty good I'd say if you own a Kinect. Since I JUST bought a Kinect from a friend($75), I might bite on Kinect Sparkler and the Calorie Challenge Pack. Those Dance Centrals tracks are a massive deal if you haven't bought em yet[/QUOTE]
YES! I Know now thanks. Though I HATE how they bundle the songs for the individual packs, not by release, but really by sheer random. Eitherway I got the Marathon pack 2 eventhough I owned some of the songs already since I end up saving 420 points versus buying the ones I needed individually. Though NOW I have all the DC songs out.

Also for anyone curious what's in the Marathon Pack 2...

Marathon Pack 02-Various.
Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson and D.O.E. - "The Way I Are"
Sean Paul - "Get Busy"
Taio Cruz - "Break Your Heart"
James Brown - "Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine, Pt. 1"
Snow - "Informer"
N.E.R.D. ft Lee Harvey &Vita - "Lapdance"
Trey Songz (featuring Fabolous) - "Say Aah"
Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force - "Planet Rock (Original 12" Version)"
Dem Franchize Boyz (feat. Peanut and Charlay) - "Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It"
Fergie ft. will.i.am - "Fergalicious"
Justice - "D.A.N.C.E.", Lloyd - "Get It Shawty"
Rupee - "Tempted to Touch"
The Pussycat Dolls ft. Busta Rhymes - "Don't Cha"
Tone Lōc - "Wild Thing".

[quote name='bardockkun']YES! I Know now thanks. Though I HATE how they bundle the songs for the individual packs, not by release, but really by sheer random. Eitherway I got the Marathon pack 2 eventhough I owned some of the songs already since I end up saving 420 points versus buying the ones I needed individually. Though NOW I have all the DC songs out.

Also for anyone curious what's in the Marathon Pack 2...

Snow - "Informer"

^Best song there by far. I dont understand how this became a dancing song, but hell Ill take it. Canda 4 the win!!

Curses! I just bought 2 Dance Central songs! Hopefully I can still find a pack that has stuff I don't own. Overall that's a pretty awesome sale though.

still not seeing some of the items that were listed earlier in this sale as being on sale or on the dash. If they aren't up by tomorrow I will take them out of the OP.

I'm also going to put the song contents under the DLC. Sadly the Marathon packs are missing a couple songs from different packs, so if you want them all you need to purchase them separately.

[quote name='reddjoey']still not seeing some of the items that were listed earlier in this sale as being on sale or on the dash. If they aren't up by tomorrow I will take them out of the OP.

I'm also going to put the song contents under the DLC. Sadly the Marathon packs are missing a couple songs from different packs, so if you want them all you need to purchase them separately.[/QUOTE]

I was in the middle of double-checking which ones. But it looks like it's only Marathon Pack 1 that's missing tracks from Packs 1-4.

Marathon Pack 2 has all tracks from Packs 5-7

EDIT: Ok, Marathon 1 contains all of Packs 1-4 EXCEPT "We Run This"-Missy Elliott (from Dance Pack 1), "Temperature"-Sean Paul (from Dance Pack 3), and "Le Freak"-Chic (from Dance Pack 4) ... It also contains "I Gotta Feeling"-The Black Eyed Peas which is not in any of the Track Packs.

[quote name='vamn']I was in the middle of double-checking which ones. But it looks like it's only Marathon Pack 1 that's missing tracks from Packs 1-4.

Marathon Pack 2 has all tracks from Packs 5-7[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eastx']This article I wrote lists the contents of every Dance Central pack:

Co-Optimus - Celebrate the Launch of Dance Central 2 in Style with a Huge DLC Sale[/QUOTE]

If my list is correct:
“We Run This” - Missy Elliott
“Temperature” - Sean Paul
“Le Freak” - Chic
Are the only one not in the marathon packs so you have to buy them as singles if you buy the Marathon Packs.

Eastx, that list will save me some work.

Only ones I can tell that aren't in the marathon packs are...

Missy Elliot - We Run This
Sean Paul - Temperature
Chic- Le Freak

Edit: You win this round Reddjoey...

[quote name='iRandom']What are the chances of MS having a sale on Orcs Must Die and Dungeon Defenders these coming holidays (Halloween, BF, Christmas)?[/QUOTE]

Maybe during X-Mas but even Black Friday is less than 2 months for these games. Even then I wouldn't expect either to go on sale till next year.

Dungeon Defenders is WORTH EVERY penny if you enjoyed the demo. The game is freaking amazing. It honestly has more to it than a lot of 60 dollar releases IMO.

Orcs Must Die is already doing weapon / spell DLC packs, so buyer beware on it. I think in the end if you buy the whole thing it might cost a arm and a leg. It's nowhere near the game that DD is IMO, I played through it at friends house in a afternoon. Fun but very flawed and the asking price of 15 bucks is crazy, at 10 it'd make sense.

Dungeon Defenders has 4 different classes, multiple ways to spec each, CRAZY deep itemization, 14 maps and lots of different game modes and difficulties. Oh yeah, and online play. It just does everything better.

Also, for those trying to get the best deal for their Dance Central bucks:

The total cost of getting Marathon Pack 1 plus the 3 missing tracks (@ 240 MSP each) is 2120 MSP
vs
The cost of getting Track Packs 1-4 plus "I Gotta Feeling" (which is only in the Marathon Pack) is 2720 MSP

thanks for all the help checking my work guys. Any idea where the items that aren't showing up came from (Kinect Sparkler and the Carnival DLC) other than the post by Dustinator?

[quote name='vamn']Also, for those trying to get the best deal for their Dance Central bucks:

The total cost of getting Marathon Pack 1 plus the 3 missing tracks (@ 240 MSP each) is 2120 MSP
vs
The cost of getting Track Packs 1-4 plus "I Gotta Feeling" (which is only in the Marathon Pack) is 2720 MSP[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am considering getting all the DLC. That's 3620 or $45.25..... maybe not.

[quote name='Solder']Maybe during X-Mas but even Black Friday is less than 2 months for these games. Even then I wouldn't expect either to go on sale till next year.

Dungeon Defenders is WORTH EVERY penny if you enjoyed the demo. The game is freaking amazing. It honestly has more to it than a lot of 60 dollar releases IMO.

Orcs Must Die is already doing weapon / spell DLC packs, so buyer beware on it. I think in the end if you buy the whole thing it might cost a arm and a leg. It's nowhere near the game that DD is IMO, I played through it at friends house in a afternoon. Fun but very flawed and the asking price of 15 bucks is crazy, at 10 it'd make sense.

Dungeon Defenders has 4 different classes, multiple ways to spec each, CRAZY deep itemization, 14 maps and lots of different game modes and difficulties. Oh yeah, and online play. It just does everything better.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know the specs on both games, but after paying full price (1200) for Black Light, Torchlight, Clash of Heroes, Vandal Hearts and Monday Night Combat and not felling fully satisfied with my purchase, I've made up my mind not to purchase XBLA games at release-date price (1200 or higher). Thank god I hold off on Breach. That game was just god awful.
I tried out both demos and thoroughly enjoyed them.
I know OMD and DD will be on sale someday, but I've heard nothing but good news about those two that it's making it difficult to stand firm to aforementioned my resolve.
But I must resist, for I'll be getting BF3 tomorrow.

Anyway just asking...;)

[quote name='reddjoey']Yeah, I am considering getting all the DLC. That's 3620 or $45.25..... maybe not.[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer makes Dance Central 2 so good though... You will get more mileage out of it than part 1 for sure.

*pimps his review*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back