XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='teknomedic']people buy digital only items at full price?[/QUOTE]

How else are we supposed to obtain the content? Wait for these random sales and hope? It's not like there are retailers that compete to sell this content.

[quote name='eastx']Multiplayer makes Dance Central 2 so good though... You will get more mileage out of it than part 1 for sure.

*pimps his review*[/QUOTE]

That's what I am thinking, but DC2 won't make it into my 360 for a while. I'm holding out for a Kinect sale to line up with my extra cash (cure you TRU sale!) so I can pick up DC2, Gunstringer, and SS:OUaM (gift).

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']How else are we supposed to obtain the content? Wait for these random sales and hope? It's not like there are retailers that compete to sell this content.[/QUOTE]

yep, pretty much... if everyone would just wait the prices would come down and if everyone stuck to it, then it would be real price drops instead of just a sale.

[quote name='eastx']Multiplayer makes Dance Central 2 so good though... You will get more mileage out of it than part 1 for sure.

*pimps his review*[/QUOTE]

DC is one of the games I'm considering getting (still waiting for a Kinect price drop, though). But unfortunately, being a white kid from the suburbs completely destroyed any chance I ever had of being able to dance... or have any sense of rhythm.

I remember not being able to get the hang of DDR. (Many years and 40 pounds ago...)

[quote name='Cornelius']But EastX ... you link to an article that Clemens wrote @ 123Kinect ...
http://123kinect.com/dance-central-dlc-discount/26930/
... it's OK to borrow, and it's good you linked to your source, but cleaning up someone else's content doesn't make you the original writer, but rather the copy-editor. :)[/QUOTE]

While I agree on some levels, you can only present the same info so many ways. While I took the info from Eastx's list, the OP looks the same as if I would have manually pulled the info from xbox.com myself.

My pet peeve is when someone straight copy and pastes the OP and doesn't even mention CAG, this thread, or even post here about the deals.

I find it best not to critique others work as it leaves me open to be critiqued.

[quote name='teknomedic']yep, pretty much... if everyone would just wait the prices would come down and if everyone stuck to it, then it would be real price drops instead of just a sale.[/QUOTE]

True, but that's a very big "if." people complained about $10 price point on arcade games but the market still allowed it to grow to $15. Same with call of duty map packs but the market continues to allow $15.

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']True, but that's a very big "if." people complained about $10 price point on arcade games but the market still allowed it to grow to $15. Same with call of duty map packs but the market continues to allow $15.[/QUOTE]

Nice try, I almost posted and fell into the trap.

[quote name='Cornelius']But EastX ... you link to an article that Clemens wrote @ 123Kinect ...
http://123kinect.com/dance-central-dlc-discount/26930/
... it's OK to borrow, and it's good you linked to your source, but cleaning up someone else's content doesn't make you the original writer, but rather the copy-editor. :)[/QUOTE]

No, a copy editor is someone who edits the original article for the original source. My article contains original text which I wrote, hence I wrote the article. Did I create the list of stuff that's on sale? Of course not. But I never said that I was the first person to list the content of the packs. I just did it a bit better (listing the songs uniformly before the artists instead of randomly, adding the Black-Eyed Peas song, etc.), and I have every right to promote my article as long as I properly cite my sources.

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']True, but that's a very big "if." people complained about $10 price point on arcade games but the market still allowed it to grow to $15. Same with call of duty map packs but the market continues to allow $15.[/QUOTE]

People did stick to their guns when it came to 1600 MSP games. We don't see any of those any more.

[quote name='reddjoey']If my list is correct:
“We Run This” - Missy Elliott
“Temperature” - Sean Paul
“Le Freak” - Chic
Are the only one not in the marathon packs so you have to buy them as singles if you buy the Marathon Packs.[/QUOTE]
Dangit, you beat my Excel sort by just a few minutes ... looks like someone else has a few spare minutes on a Sunday night. :) Yes, those 3 tracks are the complement to buying the 2 Marathon Packs.

[quote name='Coltin']After thinking about it for a while, I finally decided to buy Metro 2033. $22 is about the used price, and I have a lot of Microsoft Points. Can't wait to finish downloading it![/QUOTE]

So how is it? Worth the bucks? Still haven't paid for mine yet, still on the fence about it....Leaning towards getting Tales of Vesperia for $29.99 ($39.99 used at GS) instead of Metro. Seems to have more play value....

[quote name='praxus07']So how is it? Worth the bucks? Still haven't paid for mine yet, still on the fence about it....[/QUOTE]
There's no benefit to having the GonD version ... you can get a very good condition off eBay for less than $20, and you have to download or use up 5GB of HDD space ...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=(360*,xbox360*,"xbox+360)+metro+2033
... or if you come across a GameStop "buy 2 get 1 used game free" sale (such as they typically do @ Thanksgiving), you can get it for under $20 (net-cost) there as well ... AND ... sell it for $20 again when you're done. Under no circumstances (yet) will a "games on demand" version be lower-priced than getting the physical disc's version ... MS will never bend that low.

Dance Central sucked, sold it quick. No online multiplayer kills it. I don't have dance partys weekly so I suppose dance central 2 has what part 1 didn't which is local multiplayer and a few more gimmicks. Still not buying into this whole thing and now my kinect still collects dust. They need to release better games for it already. Leedmees & fruit ninja has been the most i've used my kinect for...other than Netflix :)

[quote name='eastx']No, a copy editor is someone who edits the original article for the original source. My article contains original text which I wrote, hence I wrote the article. Did I create the list of sale games? Of course not. But I never said that I was the first person to list the content of the songs. I just did it a bit better (listing the songs uniformly before the artists instead of randomly, adding the Black-Eyed Peas song, etc.), and I have every right to promote my article as long as I properly cite my sources.[/QUOTE]
I have been duly corrected ... thanks for the publishing lesson, and also thanks for everything you guys do @ Co-Optimus! :)

[quote name='praxus07']So how is it? Worth the bucks? Still haven't paid for mine yet, still on the fence about it....Leaning towards getting Tales of Vesperia for $29.99 ($39.99 used at GS) instead of Metro. Seems to have more play value....[/QUOTE]

I'm liking it so far. I haven't had the chance to play it that much, though, because I had to send my 360 in for repair. But I'd say it's worth the money so far.

Although, I think if I were to choose between Metro and Tales, I would go Tales. But it probably comes down to what you feel like playing at the time. The two games are almost opposites, lol. So if you feel like playing a JRPG right now, I'd say that's what you should get.

[quote name='Stephan123']I hope there will be some Shocktober deals this week again[/QUOTE]
Realistically, Limbo will be 600, but I won't get it until its 400. I know its only an extra 2.50 but thats why I'm on CAG

[quote name='tunavi']Realistically, Limbo will be 600, but I won't get it until its 400. I know its only an extra 2.50 but thats why I'm on CAG[/QUOTE]
This.

That demo never really made me get into the hype like it did for everyone else.

[quote name='tunavi']Realistically, Limbo will be 600, but I won't get it until its 400. I know its only an extra 2.50 but thats why I'm on CAG[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I grabbed it the last time it was 600. After playing it for a day, I immediately felt buyer's remorse. I wish I'd waited for it to be at least 400. (Or maybe a Black Friday 200 point deal.)

[quote name='Cornelius']I have been duly corrected ... thanks for the publishing lesson, and also thanks for everything you guys do @ Co-Optimus! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words (and not pointing out the mistakes I made in the post you quoted). :D We try to run a good site.

Anybody else psyched for Daytona this week? Can't wait to play it again after all these years.

[quote name='Cornelius']There's no benefit to having the GonD version ... you can get a very good condition off eBay for less than $20, and you have to download or use up 5GB of HDD space ...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=(360*,xbox360*,"xbox+360)+metro+2033
... or if you come across a GameStop "buy 2 get 1 used game free" sale (such as they typically do @ Thanksgiving), you can get it for under $20 (net-cost) there as well ... AND ... sell it for $20 again when you're done. Under no circumstances (yet) will a "games on demand" version be lower-priced than getting the physical disc's version ... MS will never bend that low.[/QUOTE]

Unless you don't use evilbay, like me (Hate them with a passion, and I wish Paypal would Die, slowly and Painfully). I only buy from GS using trade-ins (since I'm not working and basically always broke), or XBLM/PSN using the registered cc on file. And the B2G1 sales are usless for me since I usually only have enough trade in credit to buy one game for under $20.

And not true about the game on demand prices. GS website charges $26.99 for Metro 2033 used, yet it's on sale on XBLM for $22.49. Same for Tales of Vesperia, GS has it used for $39.99, XBLM has it for $29.99. So getting either one via GoD will be cheaper, especially since I'm not a GS rewards member.

As for disk space, no big deal. So I delete what I'm not using at the moment, I can always redownload later. That's a non-issue. Plus I'm saving my disk drive from use by using GoD games.

[quote name='Coltin']I'm liking it so far. I haven't had the chance to play it that much, though, because I had to send my 360 in for repair. But I'd say it's worth the money so far.

Although, I think if I were to choose between Metro and Tales, I would go Tales. But it probably comes down to what you feel like playing at the time. The two games are almost opposites, lol. So if you feel like playing a JRPG right now, I'd say that's what you should get.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing...Not sure what I'm in the mood for. I have yet to get more than three hours playtime on Killzone3, Resistance2, and Bioshock2. Do I really need another shooter? it's just the sale price that's luring me in....And I did like the demo for ToV. Wasn't sure about the anime style, but it was just so darn pretty.....

[quote name='vamn']Exactly. I grabbed it the last time it was 600. After playing it for a day, I immediately felt buyer's remorse. I wish I'd waited for it to be at least 400. (Or maybe a Black Friday 200 point deal.)[/QUOTE]

I probably wouldn't have enjoyed Limbo as much (though I have been a fan of the devs for ages with their flash games), if I didn't buy the XBLA Triple Pack (that comes with Splosion Man and Trials HD, 160 MSP, and 48 hours of Xbox Live) for $10 @ BB.

So yeah, I could see $5 being a price point for Limbo, it was $3.33 for me.

[quote name='reddjoey']thanks for all the help checking my work guys. Any idea where the items that aren't showing up came from (Kinect Sparkler and the Carnival DLC) other than the post by Dustinator?[/QUOTE]

By the time I get home tonight and fire up my 360(in 14 hours), I'm sure Major Nelson or someone else will confirm those deals I saw on the dash. But I'll still check em again, though I double checked every single item Sunday morning. Will post again later and keep checkin this thread

[quote name='praxus07']Unless you don't use evilbay, like me (Hate them with a passion, and I wish Paypal would Die, slowly and Painfully). I only buy from GS using trade-ins (since I'm not working and basically always broke), or XBLM/PSN using the registered cc on file. And the B2G1 sales are usless for me since I usually only have enough trade in credit to buy one game for under $20.

And not true about the game on demand prices. GS website charges $26.99 for Metro 2033 used, yet it's on sale on XBLM for $22.49. Same for Tales of Vesperia, GS has it used for $39.99, XBLM has it for $29.99. So getting either one via GoD will be cheaper, especially since I'm not a GS rewards member.

As for disk space, no big deal. So I delete what I'm not using at the moment, I can always redownload later. That's a non-issue. Plus I'm saving my disk drive from use by using GoD games.[/QUOTE]

So you dont buy from "evilbay" but buy from gamestop, who is just as bad if not more so? nice :shame:

[quote name='media_wonder']So you dont buy from "evilbay" but buy from gamestop, who is just as bad if not more so? nice :shame:[/QUOTE]

Good to know I wasn't the only one thinking that :D

[quote name='Dustinator']By the time I get home tonight and fire up my 360(in 14 hours), I'm sure Major Nelson or someone else will confirm those deals I saw on the dash. But I'll still check em again, though I double checked every single item Sunday morning. Will post again later and keep checkin this thread[/QUOTE]

I was going to grab Kinect Sparkler when I saw it on the dash, but I played some Gears instead. I hope it comes back.

[quote name='Jobbercho']I was going to grab Kinect Sparkler when I saw it on the dash, but I played some Gears instead. I hope it comes back.[/QUOTE]

Ah, so did you did see it for 80 msp?....I feel like I'm the only one in this thread who saw it on their dash for sale :\

[quote name='Dustinator']Ah, so did you did see it for 80 msp?....I feel like I'm the only one in this thread who saw it on their dash for sale :\[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. it was definitely there for 80MSP.

[quote name='Jobbercho']Yeah.. it was definitely there for 80MSP.[/QUOTE]

I see every item show up accept for Sparkler. Is it in a different section? Its still online at full price too. wtf?

[quote name='media_wonder']So you dont buy from "evilbay" but buy from gamestop, who is just as bad if not more so? nice :shame:[/QUOTE]

Dude there's CAG's and UnemployedGamers. Gotta choose one :p

(and I'm 100% behind you with Gamestop being FAR worse than "evilBay".)

[quote name='steveau']XBLDB has found Kinect Fun Labs "Air Band" being marked down from 240 points to free!!![/QUOTE]

I just checked the game marketplace from my xbox 360 and it's Free on there too, dl it now. Thanks!

Snagged it thanks, I wanted to try that actually. I'm for anything new to do with the Kinect. ^^^edit, true, and I want to support Kinect development. Now I want to give them the 240 pts, do they have anything else up on the store?

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Snagged it thanks, I wanted to try that actually. I'm for anything new to do with the Kinect. ^^^edit, true, and I want to support Kinect development. Now I want to give them the 240 pts, do they have anything else up on the store?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Sprinkler. It's 240 MSP but you could wait for it to go on sale anytime soon and still give them some MSP or pay full price instead of a sale price. By the way, Air Band has achievements I believe. Just more of a reason for us to use Fun Labs now :applause:

[quote name='tunavi']Just remember this is a indie developer. :/[/QUOTE]

So are the guys who made Limbo but you don't mind wanting to give them less money.

Indie =/= good, the likes of Kinect Sparkler and Kinect Air Band doesn't deserve any more than 80 of your points because you'll use them for an hour tops then never touch them again.

[quote name='eastx']Anybody else psyched for Daytona this week? Can't wait to play it again after all these years.[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8JCX9E0bEI

Sorry Guys,

I was out for the weekend. I don't see Sparkler but my site has found Air Band for FREE. I am not sure if it is a mistake but I was able to download it earlier today.

I have also created posts for all of the sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back