XBLA - Vigilante 8 Arcade - 800pts

[quote name='SynGamer']So the game is complete and has been submitted for MS QA...now they are "putting final touches on the DLC"...this is what i hate about this generation. I have a feeling i'll pass. I can always play this on my Dreamcast when ever i want to.[/quote]

While I'm not particularly keen about the Launch-ready DLC, this game fills a void, and I can't help but want to buy it. :oops:

This is going to be so awesome.

$10 for online Vigilante 8, the best car combat game ever? Hell yes. I'd probably happily pay $20 for it.

PS1 polygon vehicles will be available as unlockables:
classicv8cars.jpg

Also, the game is now complete and has been sent to MS for approval.
http://v8arcade.com/news/v8-arcade-in-final-submission

Anyone have any idea how long Microsoft certification? Hopefully it will only be a few weeks before this comes out, I've really been wanting to play it.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Anyone have any idea how long Microsoft certification? Hopefully it will only be a few weeks before this comes out, I've really been wanting to play it.[/quote]

more like 2-3 months.

ooo, so maybe soon then? Can't wait. (gonna have to either gold sub it or bust out a couple 48hr codes though. this game demands to be played online)

Woo! Day before my birthday! Great birthday gift! I still can't believe it's only 800 pts. I'd easily pay 1200 or maybe even 1600.

Really hoping they make more levels/characters DLC though. I really love me some Bob O and also the garbage truck (what was his name?).

Have they said whether or not V8 Arcade will include all the music from the original (of if not, if it will support custom soundtracks)?

Because V8 had a track called Loki that is one of my favorite videogame tunes ever (footage is from Driv3r, but the music is the V8 track I'm talking about):
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6g3IwxR5mM[/media]

[quote name='zewone']All 360 games support a custom soundtrack. What do you mean exactly?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I wasn't sure if all XBLA games did or didn't.

The music on the original V8 PS1 disc is all regular CD music tracks, so I can rip it, if it's not already in V8A.

Has support for the camera according to xbox360fanboy.com. Wonder if it's just live video chatting/taunting or something more creative.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I agree only 5 levels is a little disapointing, but they will be releasing a map/vehicle pack a few weeks after the game comes out with a couple of new cars and a couple of new maps.[/quote]
And it will most likely cost more MS points, no thanks. I'm getting really tired of half-ass'd games...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Out this Wednesday! :whee:[/quote]
Day one. :whee:
Let's pray this game sells well and leads to a retail V8 3. :pray:

Finally.

But bad timing, I will need monies to put towards Gears 2, SVR09, World at War, and Left 4 Dead. Vigilante 8 will have to wait.

[quote name='Chase']Finally.

But bad timing, I will need monies to put towards Gears 2, SVR09, World at War, and Left 4 Dead. Vigilante 8 will have to wait.[/quote]

Preorder Gears from Circuit City now and you can get a 1600 point card for free.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']its up![/QUOTE]

Figures, I'm on song 67 out of 84 on the endless setlist (RB2), so I have to wait to go and download it. :(

Edit: Finished the setlist... DAMN, my hands hurt.

Just bought V.8, I'll try it later today, I need to sleep, and put my hands in a giant tub of ice to cool them off and stop the pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great game...harder than I remember but brings me back to the old days when I used to play it on the Dreamcast. Can't belive it was only 800pts

Same got it. Heads up thou it's buggy, but fun.

My car would drive thru mountains.

Also, the cpu will not attack one another, but just gang up on you.

[quote name='bisquit']Also, the cpu will not attack one another, but just gang up on you.[/QUOTE]

noticed that in the demo. They might drive around each other but they won't attack each other.

[quote name='bisquit']Same got it. Heads up thou it's buggy, but fun.

My car would drive thru mountains.

Also, the cpu will not attack one another, but just gang up on you.[/quote]
So the CPU vehicles have the same problem that SSBB CPU fighters have? :cry:
We'll at least they can patch this game.

[quote name='fart_bubble']noticed that in the demo. They might drive around each other but they won't attack each other.[/quote]

That's how it's always been...its you against everyone else on Quest (Story Mode)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That's how it's always been...its you against everyone else on Quest (Story Mode)[/QUOTE]

Really? I don't remember it like that but then again, its been what, 10 years?

[quote name='Sarang01']Not trying to be a dick but how about some old quality PC stuff? I'd like to get "King's Quest V" on XBLA for crying out loud.

"Flashback" and "Chaos Control" would also be quite welcome.

And for board and quiz games how about "Trivial Pursuit", "Jeopardy" and "Monopoly"? Actually scratch "Jeopardy" unless someone gets the rights from Sony. X-([/QUOTE]

King's Quest V! Those were the days. I have to agree we need old PC games on XBLA as well. Remake of Longbow series would be great or even the UFO series as well.

Damn you Sarang for bringing up so many memories.

I played a little bit today and so far I feel like it's a decent game, but not a great one. Maybe I'm just not used to it, but the game seems pretty difficult even on the medium settings.

I really like the Hover Dam and Arizona levels, but I never really liked the other 3 included levels. I would of rather seen Vegas, Area 51 and Louisiana (or the Indian Canyon level) included.

More then anything else this XBLA game makes me want a full retail game, with a bunch of new levels, a bunch of level remakes, and a full fledged story mode (with AI allies to make the battles even more epic).

bread's done
Back