XBLA - Worms - 400pts

Turns out Worms day was just a lame thing where it was the official day to play Worms.

Glad to hear the patch has a release date. I can't wait to finally beat the challenges.

I was going to download this game today (no foolin')...should I wait until the 23rd or just download it now and then the patch? Does it matter?

[quote name='ZForce915']I was going to download this game today (no foolin')...should I wait until the 23rd or just download it now and then the patch? Does it matter?[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't matter.

As far as I heard, the only thing the patch fixes is A.I accuracy (they are currently set too high), A.I turn speed (usually 30 seconds for them to make a decision/do it) and online issues.

[quote name='Sporadic']It shouldn't matter.

As far as I heard, the only thing the patch fixes is A.I accuracy (they are currently set too high), A.I turn speed (usually 30 seconds for them to make a decision/do it) and online issues.[/QUOTE]

Good thing about turning the accuracy down a bit. It was highly annoying when the computer player would fire the bazooka backwards, into the wind, and have the shot curve back, travel all the way across the level (over several obstacles) and hit one of my worms right on the head. And it would do this consistently.

now that it's been out for a bit, what are your thoughts on the $10 price tag? consider I'll be playing it online only, or by myself. (loser, I know :))

It's been worth the $10 for me. Right now, it doesn't have nearly the weapon list as Armageddon, but you've the ease of playing with a controller coupled with Xbox Live goodness, so it's easily worth the price. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of downloadables become available.

[quote name='halfbent']Patch still planned for today? =)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hobbzinio on the 22nd']so the update will go live tommorow???[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Spadge']Yep, thats the plan :) All systems go afaik.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lightsup']The Title Update is NOW out!

Keep in mind that it works just like the 2007 Xbox 360 Spring Dashboard Update that went out earlier this month...

If you do NOT receive the update the moment you load the game, you should receive it sometime later today. So please be patient.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's in the wild right now.

---------

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Just got this yesterday. Any of you guys still play this? I hope so, or I'll be one lonely panda.[/QUOTE]

Add me, I'm always up for some Worms.

[quote name='Sporadic']The difficulty was lowered but the AI still does crazy shots like shoot backwards into the wind and hit you from across the map.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Nearly beat 13 my first try, then got annihilated the second one. AI actually missed a couple shots. We'll see how long it takes to beat 13.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Yeah. Nearly beat 13 my first try, then got annihilated the second one. AI actually missed a couple shots. We'll see how long it takes to beat 13.[/QUOTE]

:lol: 13 was the first thing I tried when I booted up Worms.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Yeah. Nearly beat 13 my first try, then got annihilated the second one. AI actually missed a couple shots. We'll see how long it takes to beat 13.[/QUOTE]

Ah, so it wasn't just me. I must have tried that one about 10 times and came close once or twice. Considering I breeezed through everything up till that one, it seemed awfully difficult...

I'll get the patch tonight.

This is the only XBLA arcade game I've purchased (besdies the Unplugged compilation) and I definitely think it's worth the $10 (though I used points I got at half price ;)).

I've sent out requests to a few people from this thread so maybe I can actually try this game online soon! It would be nice to get that 4 player online achievement - maybe we should set up a game some time?

I just got the game the other day and the patch definitely helps. I would be more than down for an online CAG game.

Not impressed at the patch, minus the speed. AI only misses about 1 time in 10. I'll give it a few more days, then I'm done with it. As far as time played it was worth the points, but not the aggravation.

I gave it another shot tonight and fuck yeah, I beat 13! It took me about 10 tries, and I'm not sure the game was changed much at all except for the faster AI (which *really* helps because you can get through the game much faster). I beat it through practice and some luck. On my winning one I had the AI make 2 mistakes (that's about it the whole game) and I got a couple of health boxes at the right time. I had 3 worms to 1 at the end, but I thought I was screwed because he was nailing me from across the field and I couldn't touch him. But I had one teleport left and enough health in that worm to take his next shot, then I nailed him.

Just so you know - the next level is MUCH easier. I beat that one on the second try, and level 15 seems easier too. I only tried it once but I made a few huge blunders and still almost won.

I picked up the gold damage achievement while I was playing too. Now I only need the 4-player online game, the Sheep kill one, and the Challenge Mode one of course.

Here's a good starting strategy though - use the jetpac and drop your dynamite on the two worms to your right (near the barrels). You can generally kill 1 of them and severly weaken the other, and that takes out the ones who can pick off your guys on that side of the field. Use the sheep on the 3 that are down low in the middle. Then just luck from there on out ;). For example, I ended up getting a second sheep in a crate - very nice indeed...

On other things, Worms finally got it's XBLA update today and there's been frantic action on the leaderboard front. We're also on the verge of annoucing the downloadable content, which will come on Friday morning (the news/info, the content arrives next wednesday). Unfortunately I won't be around for that, but the news should be on the Team17 site and also the Team17 Forum.

http://spadget17.blogspot.com/

[quote name='io']I gave it another shot tonight and fuck yeah, I beat 13! It took me about 10 tries, and I'm not sure the game was changed much at all except for the faster AI (which *really* helps because you can get through the game much faster). I beat it through practice and some luck. On my winning one I had the AI make 2 mistakes (that's about it the whole game) and I got a couple of health boxes at the right time. I had 3 worms to 1 at the end, but I thought I was screwed because he was nailing me from across the field and I couldn't touch him. But I had one teleport left and enough health in that worm to take his next shot, then I nailed him.

Just so you know - the next level is MUCH easier. I beat that one on the second try, and level 15 seems easier too. I only tried it once but I made a few huge blunders and still almost won.

I picked up the gold damage achievement while I was playing too. Now I only need the 4-player online game, the Sheep kill one, and the Challenge Mode one of course.

Here's a good starting strategy though - use the jetpac and drop your dynamite on the two worms to your right (near the barrels). You can generally kill 1 of them and severly weaken the other, and that takes out the ones who can pick off your guys on that side of the field. Use the sheep on the 3 that are down low in the middle. Then just luck from there on out ;). For example, I ended up getting a second sheep in a crate - very nice indeed...[/QUOTE]

it gets easy again til 19 and 20

still stuck on 20, gave up after 3 tries tho - maybe i'll try again with faster AI now

[quote name='rsigley']it gets easy again til 19 and 20

still stuck on 20, gave up after 3 tries tho - maybe i'll try again with faster AI now[/QUOTE]

Yep, I beat 19 after a few tries and am stuck on 20 now (tried it a few times). That one's pretty tough - 3 teams against you, all at 100 health each. I actually came fairly close one time, which seems to make it easier than 13 was before the patch, anyway...

But I'm so close I'll have to finish now. Unfortunately there's no cluster of enemy worms in one place like in 13 (so you can't jetpac over there and drop dynamite on them).

DLC will be coming this XBLA Wednesday:

Team17 has announced that the first release of downloadable content for Worms on Xbox LIVE Arcade is scheduled to go live on Wednesday, May 30, at 09:00 GMT.

The Space Landscape will be available free of charge while the Hell and Jungle landscapes will cost 150 Microsoft Points each. There will also be available for free a SoundBank Pack 1, which contains foreign language voices as well as a handful of specially selected Classic voices to vocally enhance your Worms.

Additionally, Team17 plans to release a desktop theme and gamer pictures.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13593/Xbox-Live-Arcade-New-Content-for-Worms-Next-Week/

Very nice. Personally I think all of the other landscapes should be free..but, whatever. At least the sounds are free. NOW CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME WEAPON PACKS ?!

[quote name='io']Yep, I beat 19 after a few tries and am stuck on 20 now (tried it a few times). That one's pretty tough - 3 teams against you, all at 100 health each. I actually came fairly close one time, which seems to make it easier than 13 was before the patch, anyway...

But I'm so close I'll have to finish now. Unfortunately there's no cluster of enemy worms in one place like in 13 (so you can't jetpac over there and drop dynamite on them).[/QUOTE]

Yep. 20 is a bitch. Not as bad as 13 though. Cheap AI (13) is far worse than a true challenge (20).

I probably spent 3 hours on 13 and two on 20.

[quote name='Corvin']Yep. 20 is a bitch. Not as bad as 13 though. Cheap AI (13) is far worse than a true challenge (20).

I probably spent 3 hours on 13 and two on 20.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I beat 20 the other day. I'd say it was slightly easier than 13... Went online for the first time the other day too and snagged that very last achievement (and won the ranked game to boot ;)).

Let's have some CAG matches once the downloadable content gets here!

I just picked up the PSP Worms game that was on sale at GS for $15. Is it pretty much just the same thing, or are there any differences? I might return it if it doesn't have anything different. I know there's a new one coming, but I'm not going to pick that up at full price so I wouldn't be able to get it any time soon ;).

Man that update completely fucked with the mine detonation time. It's almost impossible to get by them without being extremely lucky. I tried to uppercut a dude off a cliff and the mine that was sitting near the edge actually saved him because it went off so quickly.

Currently at 15, I'll hopefully finish all the challenges tonight. 13 was a bitch, I got really lucky, when I used a banana bomb at 2 guys and one of the chuncks got tossed up towards the guy in the top left and took him off as well. Man I don't know how much longer I would have been playing that one. I love that Ninja Rope though.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Anyone else think the 150 points they are charging PER new background is a bit expensive?[/QUOTE]

Yeah but at least they are giving one away along with the speech banks.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Currently at 15, I'll hopefully finish all the challenges tonight. 13 was a bitch, I got really lucky, when I used a banana bomb at 2 guys and one of the chuncks got tossed up towards the guy in the top left and took him off as well. Man I don't know how much longer I would have been playing that one. I love that Ninja Rope though.[/QUOTE]

You will get trapped at 19-20

One of those is a total bitch.

DLC Baby!!!!!:

Space
news39b.jpg

Hell
news39c.jpg

Jungle:
news39d.jpg

Soundbanks info:

SoundBank Pack 1 has finally arrived. This selection of soundbanks contains foreign language voices as well as a handful of specially selected Classic voices to vocally enhance your Worms.
Cost: Free of Charge
Contents: SoundBank Pack 1 contains the following soundbanks:
  • Africaan
  • AngryScots
  • Classic
  • Cyberworms
  • Danish
  • DanishPyrus
  • DoubleOhSeven
  • Dutch
  • Dutch2
  • Finnish
  • Greek
  • Hungarian
  • Irish
  • Norwegian
  • Polish
  • Portuguese
  • Redneck
  • Russian
  • Scouser
  • StiffUpperLip
  • Swedish
  • Swedish2
Themes:

news39e.jpg

news39f.jpg

Gamerpics 100pts (5pack)/200pts (12pack):
news39h.jpg

news39g.jpg

http://www.team17.com/news.html?date=Latest News
I'm buying all (except theme), because its all awesome and to support Team17

DLC is up (see previous post for pics):

Name: Worms - Space Landscape
Price: Free
Availability: Available in all Xbox Live regions
Dash Details: Take the battle into Space with this new Worms Landscape Pack!

Name
: Worms - Soundbank Pack 1
Price: Free
Dash Details: Vocally enhance your Worms with this soundbank pack brought to you by Team17

Name
: Worms - Hell Landscape
Price: 150 Points
Dash Details: Enter the depths of Hell with this all new Worms Landscape Pack!

Name
: Worms - Jungle Landscape
Dash Details: Take Worms deep into the Jungle in this all new Landscape Pack!

Name: Worms - Picture Pack 1
Price: 200 Points
Dash Details: Give yourself Worms with these 12 Gamer Pictures brought to you lovingly by Team17.

Name: Worms - Picture Pack 2
Price: 100 Points
Dash Details: Give yourself Worms with these 12 Gamer Pictures brought to you lovingly by Team17.

Name: Worms - Theme Pack 1
Dash Details: Worm up your Xbox Dashboard with this lovingly created theme brought to you by Team17.

Name
: Worms - Theme Pack 2
Dash Details: Worm up your Xbox Dashboard with this lovingly created theme brought to you by Team17.

Can anyone tell me if the hell and jungle backgrounds have much motion in them, or are they pretty static? This space one is crazy looking and I'm wondering if those other two at least have some kind of motion.

The Space one has a black hole in the backround that rotates pretty slowly, doesn't distract if thats what youre asking. The Hell and Jungle have minimal movement. All 3 are excellent BTW.

Got in on a few games with Sporadic last night, had a blast, we had a 3 way tie and for some reason I sucked really bad on the last match and blew it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The Space one has a black hole in the backround that rotates pretty slowly, doesn't distract if thats what youre asking. The Hell and Jungle have minimal movement. All 3 are excellent BTW.

Got in on a few games with Sporadic last night, had a blast, we had a 3 way tie and for some reason I sucked really bad on the last match and blew it.[/quote]

The space one is great IMO. I'm wondering if the other two were nearly that "good".

[quote name='mtxbass1']The space one is great IMO. I'm wondering if the other two were nearly that "good".[/quote]

Oh don't you worry about that, they are damn good.

I finally beat Challenge 20 :bouncy:. I tried it like 10x's last night and my first try today and I took all those little bitches out with 2 guys left over.

[quote name='Sinistar']so if you try to join a game and dont have a background, it won't let you join?[/QUOTE]

No.

If you join in the lobby and you don't have the packs, the host isn't allow to choose the ones you don't have.

[quote name='Sporadic']No.

If you join in the lobby and you don't have the packs, the host isn't allow to choose the ones you don't have.[/QUOTE]

Lame

They're just like maps, if you don't have the maps that everyone else has you can't play in that game. I like the Hell one but dude if a worm goes into the lava, I don't want to hear bloop like the water sound effect but a sizzle as the worm fries! lol

Team17 finally posted info on the DLC.

The one labeled "Music 2" is actually Soundbank 2 its free!

Contents: SoundBank Pack 2 contains the following soundbanks:
  • Alien
  • American
  • Australian
  • Brooklyn
  • Brummie
  • Cad
  • Drill Sergeant
  • Formula 1
  • Geezer
  • Goofed
  • Grandpa
  • Hispanic
  • Jock
  • Kidz
  • Rushki
  • Smooth Babe
  • Soul Man
  • Stooges
  • Thespian
  • 2 Smokin' Barrels
  • Tykes
  • US Sports
  • Wacky
  • Wideboy
Retro Landscape: Dessert 150pts

news40b.jpg

Retro Landscape: Manhattan

Team17 are proud to announce the release of an exclusively designed landscape created just for Worms on Xbox Live® Arcade. We scoured the archives here at Team17 towers for one of our favourite landscapes from Worms history and then lovingly recreated it in glorious High Definition for your Worming pleasure.
No images...:cry:

Gamerpic pack#3 - 100pts
news40e.jpg

bread's done
Back