Xbox 360 1st to 10 million

We're just smarter then the average consumer. Buying games cheap so we can afford MORE. Therefore we can afford to buy ATLEAST two consoles. Although 2 out of 100 next gen owners own all three is kinda scary. I want to hear the reasonings for people owning all three consoles and to convince me blu-ray is really worth getting into, or maybe they just need their metal gear fix.

I'd say between my amazon credit card, amazon rewards, etc. I am buying way too many games. Eh, I can never keep myself content. Mario Kart for example I played for a good 3 weeks straight but after that I went back to PGR3.

I need a minimum of three new games a month.

Anyways the first to 10 million wins all is going to be BS and Microsoft knows it. The Wii isn't going to slow down in sales anytime soon till they announce Wii's successor. However, the Wii still has the PS2 sales number to beat in terms of console sold life time before Nintendo can say have truely won the console war. PS2 might be last gen, but so are the Wii's graphics, and the PS2 is still selling to boot.

I really think the PS2 is going to end up being a home console anomaly. But, who knows?

I really don't think the Wii needs to beat the PS2 to be justified in a "victory." Its under-powered aspect is its handicap, not really its advantage.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']We're just smarter then the average consumer. Buying games cheap so we can afford MORE. Therefore we can afford to buy ATLEAST two consoles. Although 2 out of 100 next gen owners own all three is kinda scary. I want to hear the reasonings for people owning all three consoles and to convince me blu-ray is really worth getting into, or maybe they just need their metal gear fix.[/quote]

I know you aren't trying to be a dick fanboy or start any shit. But the last line is what starts fanboy wars and pissing contests. Personally, I have a lot of the PS2 games, got a great deal on a new 60GB model($400, same price I paid for my 360) and there were a few games out and coming out(besides MGSIV and FFXIII) that I wanted to play. At the time I bought my PS3, I didn't have an HDTV or a surround sound system.. So I wasn't in it for the great HD features that it has. Now that I have the sound and picture, I am glad I got a great Blu-ray player. It doesn't add anything to the plot, but the picture and sound quality are amazing. It is a great system. I am glad I got mine. So yeah, that is why I have all three.

I don't know how you multiple current generation console owners actually have time to play all these games if you're buying 30+ games a year. I barely have enough time to play anything between the Wii/PS2.

I honestly expect to see the PS3 to overtake the 360 at some point due to the results of the Bluray/HD-DVD battle. I don't know how many people I've talked to who are getting a PS3 just because it is the cheapest Bluray player on the market, and it plays games in addition to that. I don't know how that is going to affect the PS3 attach rate, but it will certainly be a boost to Sony in any case...

[quote name='Monsta Mack'] Although 2 out of 100 next gen owners own all three is kinda scary. I want to hear the reasonings for people owning all three consoles and to convince me blu-ray is really worth getting into, or maybe they just need their metal gear fix.[/quote]

I have all three...I got the xbox 360 around launch and have really enjoyed it. I bought the wii to try to get my wife into gaming, and I have a 1 year old daughter, who I hope in the next year will be cordinated enough to play some mini games with me. IMO it beats watching barney or teletubbies with her. I bought the wii the december it launched. The PS3 I bought last aug. I had sent my 360 back to best buy for store credit. I had gift cards and reward zone gift cards that were about $50 short of a brand new ps3 and I was going to be getting a $400 gift card to get another 360. Since there wasn't any gadgets/tech things I needed/wanted I bought a ps3 on tax free weekend with a 10% off coupon. There have been some exclusives that I have enjoyed to play on the ps3, and I have a nice 1080p TV that the blu ray and hd dvd look good on. I mess around with images all day at work and I do appreciate the improved visuals. I don't need all three, and if I didn't have about $400 in gift cards/reward zone points I would most likely not have a ps3 today and I do have buyers remorse with the wii, but I hope keeping it for so long I will be able to start to enjoy it shortly with my daughter.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I don't know how you multiple current generation console owners actually have time to play all these games if you're buying 30+ games a year. I barely have enough time to play anything between the Wii/PS2.
[/QUOTE]

I can't even play everything I want just on the 360. I had all three last gen, and was hopeless in trying to keep up, so I made the decision to just stick with one console this gen. So I ditched the Wii when I went 360, and don't plan on rebuying it or getting a PS3.

bread's done
Back