Xbox 360 250GB Console w/free $75 gift card at Walmart - Dec 12th-18th

ps2emotions

CAGiversary!
Just got the walmart ad from the mailbox and this was on the front page. $299 plus a $75 gift card. I already have an older hdmiless 360 with 120gb drive and it has worked well since being sent back to me over a year and half ago and plus I'm getting more into PS3 and wii but this is the best deal I've seen on a 250gb 360 slim.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the Xbox 360 gift card deal, this is all it says under the price:
Gift Card for future use only. Nat valid on current purchase. Offer valid December 12-18, 2010.

The ad also has these games on sale:
All listed :360: at $49.96:
Madden 11
Halo Reach
FIFA Soccer 11
Mafia 2
Red Dead Redemption
Medal of Honor
NCAA Football 11
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Fable 3

Not to burst bubbles but if you view the interactive ad online on Wal-Mart.com and click on the image of this deal it specifically says "Not Available Online."

[quote name='dabamus']I just called the local Wally World and talked to a girl in electronics, and she said that I could just come in at midnight and get one with the giftcard.

Hopefully not that many people show up at midnight...[/QUOTE]

I'm betting you'll have minimal competition. At least that's what I'm banking on since I won't be able to make it to my Walmart until some time tomorrow afternoon. Did you happen to clarify whether this was a deal on the holiday bundle or just standalone 360?

No, I didn't. It shows 250gb in the ad(I have a copy of the ad) and shows the console, not the box. I'm guessing if it doesn't automatically work with the holiday bundle, then they can make it work.

This may already have been posted but here it goes. I asked a guy in electronics who was kind of a dick but said it's any 360 console. If so...I'll grab a 4GB for my 12yr old as his RROD'd the other day. It works now but who knows for how long.

I just got a 250 GB a couple months ago from Dell for $260 so I don't need one.

[quote name='sdcranford']This may already have been posted but here it goes. I asked a guy in electronics who was kind of a dick but said it's any 360 console. If so...I'll grab a 4GB for my 12yr old as his RROD'd the other day. It works now but who knows for how long.

I just got a 250 GB a couple months ago from Dell for $260 so I don't need one.[/QUOTE]

I think it's only going to be for the 250 Gig consoles. If they do this like they have in the past the register is going to automatically prompt for the GC to be scanned after the console is scanned. The only way they could override is if a manager did a key flick to approve a $75 GC on the console.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Not to burst bubbles but if you view the interactive ad online on Wal-Mart.com and click on the image of this deal it specifically says "Not Available Online."[/QUOTE]

True, but that was the same thing the games said on black friday - not sold online. When the deals went live, the Add To Cart button appeared.

Just got back from Wal-Mart they had a 250 GB console sitting out on a table and the register prompted the cashier to scan a shopping card and it added it to the order and then took it off the receipt. No issues. Worked fine, and it should work in your time zone anytime after 12 Midnight local time. They will prompt you for a 2 year warranty for $20 too. I declined.

Had no problems here also with a 250GB. They didn't even have any 4GB ones.

There was one other guy there to get one, and they had at least 8, so I had no problems. :)

Just got back. Had 4 or 5 250GBs there, none of any of the others. No issues whatsoever. Now off to aksysgames to get Deathsmiles and walmart.com for Alan Wake. Hooray CAG.

I have question: Do I have to tell them about the gift card (at the register?)... or should they already know about it.

[quote name='blinkFRO']Did the 250GB come with Forza and Alan Wake?[/QUOTE]

Yep, just got back worked fine with the HB; however they only had two in stock.

Mine had no holiday bundles. If someone already had Alan Wake and gets a download card with their holiday bundle, let me know and I'll buy it off ya!

[quote name='Jawsfan07']Yep, just got back worked fine with the HB; however they only had two in stock.[/QUOTE]

Nice.

Are there any problems associated with the 360 slim that are different from the regular 360. I'm thinking about upgrading for the wireless and since my current 360 likes to disconnect me from Live sometimes. I'm just worried it isn't worth the upgrade.

[quote name='Jawsfan07']Yep, just got back worked fine with the HB; however they only had two in stock.[/QUOTE]

Hmm interesting. Wonder if it would work with the Kinect bundle. Doubt it.

Just got back with our HB - Alan Wake and Forza 3 included. Gift Card prompt was automatic at the register. I asked about the Kinect bundle and she told me they only come in 4gb packs. A testament to how hard it is to find the 250gb w/kinect.

On a side note, they had 4gb consoles still in the boxes bundled with Mass Effect 2 and COD: MW2. Don't know the price, don't know if they work with the deal.

[quote name='sassylaurie']
On a side note, they had 4gb consoles still in the boxes bundled with Mass Effect 2 and COD: MW2. Don't know the price, don't know if they work with the deal.[/QUOTE]
Those were the Black Friday bundles they offered. They wont work with the gift card offer. The price tag on them is $199.

I'll repeat my offer from the previous page: if anyone picks up a holiday bundle and doesn't need or want the Alan Wake download code, please let me know and we can work something out!

Just got back from my Walmart. Only a handful of people in the electronics section and I think I was the only person buying an xbox. The shelf was empty where the xboxes would have been, but when I asked an associate, she pulled one out from behind the counter. Just a regular 250gb, didn't see any holiday bundles. There was one xbox left after I bought mine.

Got mine, finally. the first employee i talked to didnt even know the deal so i showed him the ad on my smartphone. he was very skeptical and tried to contest it saying "see, it says only participating stores". then he said "oh that doesnt apply, the 250gb has kinect in it" (it only said kinect compatible). argh! almost like he didnt want to sell it to me. but i went to another employee and things went well.

After reading a few success stories here I decided to brave the morning snow and take my chances on a holiday bundle. I pulled up to the deserted Walmart lot, walked in and went straight back to the electronics area. All I saw on the floor was standalone consoles. Friendly but tired looking sales associate asked me if he could help me find anything. I said I was looking for the 360 holiday bundle with Forza and Alan Wake.

"What's that? Is it in the advertisement?" he asked, picking up and handing me a flyer.

"Not looking good," I thought, but pointed at the 360 in the lower corner and explained "It's basically this but it comes with a few free games."

"I don't know, would you like me to check the back?"

"Sure, that would be great. Thanks." But my hopes are pretty low. If they had any, I'd assume they would be out on the floor, or at least that the clerk would be familiar with them. I hang around the register a few minutes waiting for the guy to come back.

I wait a few more minutes. He's at least giving it a thorough look.

After a few more minutes, he comes striding back out like Father Christmas, one bundle under each arm. I barely stifle a cheer. "Lucky me," I say with a smile, and he smiles back. I think he intends to buy the other one himself. He rings it up, $75 gift card pops up automatically, and I walk back out to my car in the lightly falling snow.

Moral of the story: Booyah.

[quote name='exopuppy']After reading a few success stories here I decided to brave the morning snow and take my chances on a holiday bundle. I pulled up to the deserted Walmart lot, walked in and went straight back to the electronics area. All I saw on the floor was standalone consoles. Friendly but tired looking sales associate asked me if he could help me find anything. I said I was looking for the 360 holiday bundle with Forza and Alan Wake.

"What's that? Is it in the advertisement?" he asked, picking up and handing me a flyer.

"Not looking good," I thought, but pointed at the 360 in the lower corner and explained "It's basically this but it comes with a few free games."

"Sure, that would be great. Thanks." But my hopes are pretty low. If they had any, I'd assume they would be out on the floor, or at least that the clerk would be familiar with them. I hang around the register a few minutes waiting for the guy to come back.

After a few more minutes, he comes striding back out like Father Christmas, one bundle under each arm. I barely stifle a cheer. "Lucky me," I say with a smile, and he smiles back. I think he intends to buy the other one himself. He rings it up, $75 gift card pops up automatically, and I walk back out to my car in the lightly falling snow.

Moral of the story: Booyah.[/QUOTE]

BOOYAH-KASHA. A Christmas miracle!

[quote name='exopuppy']After reading a few success stories here I decided to brave the morning snow and take my chances on a holiday bundle. I pulled up to the deserted Walmart lot, walked in and went straight back to the electronics area. All I saw on the floor was standalone consoles. Friendly but tired looking sales associate asked me if he could help me find anything. I said I was looking for the 360 holiday bundle with Forza and Alan Wake.

You do spin a mighty fine yarn :) Congrats Dude.

Has anyone tried this with the Halo Reach console?

edit: Nevermind. My store only has the stand-alone 250 GB. I think I can pass on this deal more definitively, considering I still have an unopened Xbox Arcade and I'm more interested in the PS3 deal said to occur next week.

Anyway, just a heads up. Slickdeals is aware of this deal applying to the holiday bundle (aka. move your ass if you're going to do it).

Sold out of the Holiday bundle, but picked up a plain old 250 gig anyway. Only getting a $75 GC is still nice, I suppose.

[quote name='dabamus']I'll repeat my offer from the previous page: if anyone picks up a holiday bundle and doesn't need or want the Alan Wake download code, please let me know and we can work something out![/QUOTE]
I need a Marvel vs. Capcom 3 50 percent code if you have one.

Let me first say that I wanted to get a HB because Forza 3, Alan Wake, and a $75 Gift Card = Quite the Holiday Deal.

So, I went to the Wal-Mart on Golf in Niles (yeah, that's right, I am calling you out) and went back to the Electronic Area. They had about 10 250GB Xboxes, however, due to they way the had them displayed, you could only see the NON-HB 360s (and I kind of assumed that they all were NON-HBs). So, somewhat disappointed (and, again, assuming that this Deal was going to be on NON-HBs anyway), I walked around the store trying to decide if I still wanted to pull the trigger and get a NON-HB.

I come back to the Electronics Area again and there is a "Sales Associate" taking 360s from the Game Console Low Display Case (if you have been at a remodeled Wal-Mart, you know what I mean) and putting some of them in boxes in a shopping cart. He is also putting some of them in the Video Game Display Case. So, I am standing there (casually looking at the PS3 Games) trying to figure out what he is doing. He finishes up whatever he was tasked to do and I see a HB in the Video Game Display Case (SCORE!!). So, I ask him if I could get a 250 GB Xbox. He proceeds to head to the Game Console Low Display Case and...

I said "Oh, can I get the one with the 2 Free Games?" (and point to the one in the Video Game Display Case)

He said "Is there one of those in there? I am not supposed to sell those. The Computer said that the HB 360s are not supposed to be On Sale until 12/13/10 and I cannot sell them until then." And he wheeled the shopping cart with the HB 360s away.

I was thinking that was kind of crazy, but what could I do. The Ad doesn't exactly say that the Gift Card Offer is good on the HB. So, disappointed, I left.

I am busy the next couple of days so I didn't think I would be able to make it back and I was thinking even if I did, the HBs would probably all be gone by then.

I came back home and checked this thread. After reading all of the Success Stories of people being able to get the Gift Card Offer on the HBs, I decided to check another Wal-Mart.

I head to the Wal-Mart in Mount Prospect, IL, I go back to the Electronics Area and I see in the Game Console Low Display Case 2 NON-HBs with 1 HB behind those 2. I go up to the counter and ask if I could get a 250 GB Xbox. A Super Nice Girl went over to the Game Console Low Display Case and opened it up. I asked her if I could get the one with the 2 Free Games with it. She said "Sure". I then ask her if it would be eligible for the Gift Card Offer that was on the front page of the Ad. She said that it should. So, she brought it over to the Register and rung up the HB 360 and it prompted the Cashier to process the Gift Card. I left a Happy CAGer!

Just want to say THANK YOU to the people that posted their Success Stories on here for inspiring me to head back out and try a different Wal-Mart.

I hope everyone else has some Luck in finding the HBs out there!! :)

Just back from my Walmart and they had an endcap with about 50 of the regular 250GB systems on it, no holiday to be found, but I'd say there were plenty to go around on this one.

I won't be able to make it to a Wal-Mart until Thursday, so I hope I'll still be able to get a Holiday Bundle. I wonder what the chances are of Amazon matching this.

Just came back from Walmart and they sold out on the 250 GB. So I went to my local Bestbuy and asked them if they were able to Price match the deal and they said yes. So I was so excited about this, but unfortunately they didn't have any 250 GBs in stock.

I asked the salesman if there were any at other bestbuy locations and if they had the Holiday Bundle. None of the stores had the Holiday Bundle, just the standalone. With all the money I had spent this season and how big my backlog was for the PS3 I think I'm going to pass on this deal, unless if I can somehow get my hands on the Holiday Bundle with the $75 gift card. I don't think I need a third gaming system at the moment, eventhough I was just planning on using the 360 for their exclusives only.

:lol: cool story bro

I so want the Halo Reach bundle for this sale.

Come on Microsoft release a regular silver Xbox 360 S for the 4GB or 250GB model, along with releasing a 320GB model/bundle or separate 320GBhard drive.

Is this model a slim one with the built in wifi and all that stuff?

I picked up a slim 4GB model at target over BF that came with $60 in gift cards. I haven't opened it yet, though. Would it be worth it to return that and get this instead? Only thing is, I already used the gift cards at Target, but I've returned things before and they didn't ask for the gift cards, or even free games that came with returned items.

Now that raises the only other question. How would Target go about the return. >_>

Would they want the gift cards or would it return easy, no problem.

[quote name='Hipoccolos']Is this model a slim one with the built in wifi and all that stuff?

I picked up a slim 4GB model at target over BF that came with $60 in gift cards. I haven't opened it yet, though. Would it be worth it to return that and get this instead? Only thing is, I already used the gift cards at Target, but I've returned things before and they didn't ask for the gift cards, or even free games that came with returned items.[/QUOTE]

If you got it for $140- just buy the 250gb hard drive instead.

if you already used the $60 it means when you return the xbox they will deduct the $60 out of the Xbox's refund. I think its better to return it and get the Xbox 250 instead. I just got the 250 with the foranza and alan wake for myself. Never had been a xbox user but this deal is too nice of a deal to pass up on a brand new xbox with some games.

I called about 6 Walmart's near me and 3 of them had no 250's 1 had the HB250 and said that the giftcard was NOT included with this offer- even though it prompts the gc at the register, and the others only 250gb non HB-

The Walmart closest to me had plenty of 250GB consoles but no holiday bundles, and because I didn't feel like checking any other Walmarts I bought a standard 250GB. Since I had $75 in AmEx gift cards (from last Chirstmas) and a $20 Walmart gift card (from when I returned my Amazon copy of Halo: Reach to Walmart and they didn't ask for the card back) I actually spent $222. I'm going to wait before opening it, however, because I'm hoping that Amazon will match the deal ($75 on Amazon is worth more to me than $75 at Walmart) and if so, it'd be nice if Walmart doesn't ask for the gift card when I return the console.

Even if Amazon doesn't match the deal I'll be happy with how I made out. I don't want Forza so I'd end up selling it, and I'd prefer to have an actual disc for Alan Wake (and it's only $20 right now anyway). I just ordered the data transfer cable from Amazon so hopefully by the time that arrives it'll be clear if Amazon is going to match the deal or not.

How is Amazon going to match if they haven't had any 250gb systems in stock for 2 weeks? I doubt they would do it with the Holiday Bundle-

bread's done
Back