Xbox 360 250GB Console w/free $75 gift card at Walmart - Dec 12th-18th

ps2emotions

CAGiversary!
Just got the walmart ad from the mailbox and this was on the front page. $299 plus a $75 gift card. I already have an older hdmiless 360 with 120gb drive and it has worked well since being sent back to me over a year and half ago and plus I'm getting more into PS3 and wii but this is the best deal I've seen on a 250gb 360 slim.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Walmart (Crystal Lake, IL) had no HBs. I still grabbed a 250 slim tho b/c I think it's probably the best deal we'll see this season. Grats to those who got the HBs, definitely a great deal.

[quote name='aj slick']How is Amazon going to match if they haven't had any 250gb systems in stock for 2 weeks? I doubt they would do it with the Holiday Bundle-[/QUOTE]

They might. The Walmart ad doesn't specify that the deal is for either the bundle or just the 250GB, and as people have reported it works with both. It's true that Amazon is only selling the bundle but because you can buy the bundle at Walmart, Amazon they could still match the deal. We'll see.

Went to the two local Walmarts, neither had the HB. Picked up the non-HB version, but I'm going to hold off opening it, to see if Amazon matches the promotion (or if one of the walmarts gets some HBs in-stock).

How is everyone finding consoles? I went to my Walmart in Bainbridge, OH and asked a sales person if they had any. He went to the back, came out, and said that they were all out of the 4GB and the 250 GB.

[quote name='ryemm']My Walmart (Crystal Lake, IL) had no HBs. I still grabbed a 250 slim tho b/c I think it's probably the best deal we'll see this season. Grats to those who got the HBs, definitely a great deal.[/QUOTE]

St. Charles said they had 10 250gb's and Army Trail-Bloomingdale said they have the 250gb's and the HB and said specifically that the gc doesn't apply with the HB.

[quote name='Dragon164z']They might. The Walmart ad doesn't specify that the deal is for either the bundle or just the 250GB, and as people have reported it works with both. It's true that Amazon is only selling the bundle but because you can buy the bundle at Walmart, Amazon they could still match the deal. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

Probably not as they can't keep them in stock.

yeah me too i live near 2 walmarts and neither had the HB in stock so i just bought a HB from amazon while they were in stock this past weekend, i just couldn't wait any longer for a deal to come up

went to 2 walmart stores yesterday. 1st one I was happy to get just a slim with no games. Asked around, and was ignored many times. They had 1 slim in stock and it was not HB.

Left that store, drove across town and went to another. Store was less crowded and they had around 7 slims in stock. 3 of them were HB. I didn't even have to specify the HB and the guy pulled the system out for me and I walked out a happy customer.

So anyone in or near Daytona Beach, they have a few in stock at the Walmart on Beville Ave.

I'm going to my local Wal-Mart today...

But before, I want to go to Best Buy... if I found a Holiday Bundle there, will they give me the Gift Card too as a price match?

They do have an ad. Here is what I found via their "mess" of a website.
Screen%20shot%202010-12-13%20at%208.51.40%20PM.png

Just got Best Buy to price match this deal. So glad. I got the HB too. I may be interested in trading Alan Wake if anybody wants it or whatever.

My mom and I were shopping, decided to buy the 250GB Xbox 360 anyway (after being told they won't PM it.) and my mom asked to see the manager. She then patiently asked him if we were wrong in reading the best buy price match guarantee about PM'ing a gift card. The store manager stated that "in his training they told me we don't PM gift cards..." but after he read it for himself, he asked for my name and gave us a $75 gift card anyway.

Patience, Politeness, Persistance, Proof... = Power.

This was fun. I love CAG (and I think my mom does now too).

[quote name='sonicemerald']My mom and I were shopping, decided to buy the 250GB Xbox 360 anyway (after being told they won't PM it.) and my mom asked to see the manager. She then patiently asked him if we were wrong in reading the best buy price match guarantee about PM'ing a gift card.[/QUOTE]

:applause:Nice. So many stories on here of people sulking out of BB after rejection by some blueshirt, so it's nice to see that someone got some inspiration from Dockers' "Wear The Pants" campaign.

That said, was in BB on Tuesday and not a single 250GB did I see. Reminds me of a few years ago when nobody could find an Elite during the holiday shopping season. As a shareholder, I love it when MS leaves money on the table like that.

Can anyone show a scan of there reciept? I just bought one last week from a different store and got a holiday bundle and my grandma got me one yesterday with a gift reciept and its a regular and I don't need 2 and wanna take the one to walmart back. Does it show on the reciept the 360 price as 225$ or 300$ I wanna take it back and basically get a ps3 out of it

It shows the price of $300, and then a $75 gift card added on and then a promo discount on the giftcard of $75.

[quote name='sonicemerald']Just got Best Buy to price match this deal. So glad. I got the HB too. I may be interested in trading Alan Wake if anybody wants it or whatever.

My mom and I were shopping, decided to buy the 250GB Xbox 360 anyway (after being told they won't PM it.) and my mom asked to see the manager. She then patiently asked him if we were wrong in reading the best buy price match guarantee about PM'ing a gift card. The store manager stated that "in his training they told me we don't PM gift cards..." but after he read it for himself, he asked for my name and gave us a $75 gift card anyway.

This was fun. I love CAG (and I think my mom does now too).[/QUOTE]

Nice! It seems to be a rare occasion when the fine print helped the consumer! :) ha.

[quote name='sonicemerald']Just got Best Buy to price match this deal. So glad. I got the HB too. I may be interested in trading Alan Wake if anybody wants it or whatever.

This was fun. I love CAG (and I think my mom does now too).[/QUOTE]

The BB near me (well, not the one closest to me) won't match ANY ad with a gift card, but they had none in stock. It is weird, because when I bought a Slim Elite back in October, they matched Fry's deal, which was an extra black Elite controller and Brutal Legend for $299.

A Walmart (we don't have that many here in the Portland area.. people always vote against them when Walmart tries to submit a location) near me had like 10 Elite Slims, none were Holiday. I went to several Targets, to see if they would PM. None had an Elite Slim, but one Target had like 40 Kinects! Couldn't believe my eyes. They also had some 4GB Kinect Slims.

Anyways, went back to the Walbogs and they had 4 left. I got one of them and got a few games. Cannot believe that the Elites' are so hard to find. I bought an Elite in 2007 (winter) and they were hard to find as well.

i just picked up one, cause someone i work with wants to buy my Elite, but the person that rung me up was very unsure about their holiday return policy. i know normally video game systems only have a 15-day return policy, but i was wondering if anyone here knew how long it was extended for the holidays?! the woman told me 60-days, but she seemed very unsure...

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']i just picked up one, cause someone i work with wants to buy my Elite, but the person that rung me up was very unsure about their holiday return policy. i know normally video game systems only have a 15-day return policy, but i was wondering if anyone here knew how long it was extended for the holidays?! the woman told me 60-days, but she seemed very unsure...[/QUOTE]

Should be through January 31st. That's there extended holiday return period and it says nothing about consoles NOT being included.

Got Best Buy to price match it today. It was a messy experience, but I ended up getting the bargain!

Here's the story:
1. Tried Walmart, all sold out. Sad face.
2. Went to BB. Saw the Holiday Bundle.
3. Brought the Holiday Bundle to register. Took them a while to validate online. Me hoping they don't realize it being slightly different than WM normal version (non-Holiday Bundle) on the ads.
3. They tried to resist the price match and called Walmart to see if they have anymore stock before they let me get on the deal. Me = panic, as I know WM doesn't have anymore stocks.
4. Walmart refused to listen to their calls. BB kept calling (more than 5 times, waited for more than 15 mins) and WM kept hanging up on them. BB told me WM has been blocking/hanging up their calls recently because they called too many times for validation like this. I was nervous, praying Walmart will ignore their calls.
5. They gave up. One manager tried to convince the others by saying they don't do giftcard Price Match.
6. I remember one of CAG members in this thread said Gift Card are part of their policy so I attack them back.
7. They read through their own Terms and Conditions on their site.
8. They finally admitted it, gave in, sold me the holiday bundle.

[quote name='Darth Indy']Should be through January 31st. That's there extended holiday return period and it says nothing about consoles NOT being included.[/QUOTE]
i know this thread is old, but i just wanted to confirm that after researching, the Walmart return policy for X-Mas is that you only have 15-DAYS AFTER X-MAS to return any 360, that's it. and you can ONLY do that if you have a gift receipt, which means no refund if you purchased it more than 15 days before you return it, you only get a store credit. i know that sounds lousy, but that's what i was told when i asked, and there were signs taped to the registers at the return counters today confirming that...

bread's done
Back