Xbox 360 250GB Console w/free $75 gift card at Walmart - Dec 12th-18th

ps2emotions

CAGiversary!
Just got the walmart ad from the mailbox and this was on the front page. $299 plus a $75 gift card. I already have an older hdmiless 360 with 120gb drive and it has worked well since being sent back to me over a year and half ago and plus I'm getting more into PS3 and wii but this is the best deal I've seen on a 250gb 360 slim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would really love to pick one of these up. The bundle in question seems to be in very short supply though. I wonder why they're offering such a deal on something most stores don't even have in stock. They obviously aren't having any trouble selling them.

[quote name='voidedx']My friend and I are just hoping our Jaspers last a long time because we tried using USB sticks instead of the 360 MUs (we need our profiles to be portable) and they would fail and be slower than normal (even though the speed test was fine). So Microsoft needs to fix the compatibility with USB sticks. One of the sticks was Kingston! Kingston is usually a more reliable brand. I also saw that I'm not the only one looking at some USB stick Amazon reviews.

Has there been any independent study of what USB drives really-really work with the 360?[/QUOTE]

There's a USB stick compatibility thread in the 360 forum.

[quote name='voidedx']My friend and I are just hoping our Jaspers last a long time because we tried using USB sticks instead of the 360 MUs (we need our profiles to be portable) and they would fail and be slower than normal (even though the speed test was fine). So Microsoft needs to fix the compatibility with USB sticks. One of the sticks was Kingston! Kingston is usually a more reliable brand. I also saw that I'm not the only one looking at some USB stick Amazon reviews.

Has there been any independent study of what USB drives really-really work with the 360?[/QUOTE]

The official "MS branded" USB sticks are made my Sandisk, which are what I generally use. Have never run into any issues with them (though I also use MUs to bring to a friend's house). If you have one lying around or find one cheap, I'd recommend a Sandisk drive.

[quote name='exopuppy']Would really love to pick one of these up. The bundle in question seems to be in very short supply though. I wonder why they're offering such a deal on something most stores don't even have in stock. They obviously aren't having any trouble selling them.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they're getting another shipment next week?

I'm really hoping so, otherwise this deal is pointless.

Dayum...

Well... I'm going to have a new Xbox 360 this Sunday! I really hope Amazon match this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Do you guys think the chances are high of Amazon matching this deal?[/QUOTE]

How can they match it if they don't have any in stock?

Ugh, I bought a 4GB Xbox for 200(plus a 60 dollar Amazon video game only credit). I would rather have a 250GB. :cry:

I bought the XBOX 360 4 GB from Amazon w/ $60 gc. Would this be possible? Buy the Walmart XBOX 360, keep the Hard Drive and $75 gift card and then sell the Walmart Xbox as a 4 gig (without hard drive) for something like $180?

I have someone willing to buy it from me for $180 but does the XBOX 360 with 250 turn into a regular 4gb without the hard drive or is it inoperable without the 250Gb Hard drive?

[quote name='biggie2123']I bought the XBOX 360 4 GB from Amazon w/ $60 gc. Would this be possible? Buy the Walmart XBOX 360, keep the Hard Drive and $75 gift card and then sell the Walmart Xbox as a 4 gig (without hard drive) for something like $180?

I have someone willing to buy it from me for $180 but does the XBOX 360 with 250 turn into a regular 4gb without the hard drive or is it inoperable without the 250Gb Hard drive?[/QUOTE]

It will have a little bit of internal memory, but not much. Just enough to power and run the system. Why not keep the 250 GB system and sell your 4 GB? The 4GB USED is selling for around $230 currently on Amazon.

Wow, I had no idea. It was about to lose money on that deal. Well still, I need my xbox because I just recently transferred all my game licenses to this xbox and I cannot do another transfer 1 year from Monday of this week. Which sucks but now I'm stuck with it.

[quote name='biggie2123']Wow, I had no idea. It was about to lose money on that deal. Well still, I need my xbox because I just recently transferred all my game licenses to this xbox and I cannot do another transfer 1 year from Monday of this week. Which sucks but now I'm stuck with it.[/QUOTE]Long as ur 360 in on xbox live you dont need to have the license to use ur content.

I work in a walmart distribution center and we shipped a shit load of the 250gb the last few days. There should be plenty in stock. They'll wait to release them the day of the gift card sale.

[quote name='boxer0987']I work in a walmart distribution center and we shipped a shit load of the 250gb the last few days. There should be plenty in stock. They'll wait to release them the day of the gift card sale.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if they were the holiday bundles?

[quote name='dabamus']Do you know if they were the holiday bundles?[/QUOTE]

i wanna know this also. Im so in for this is its the holiday bundle.

[quote name='boxer0987']I work in a walmart distribution center and we shipped a shit load of the 250gb the last few days. There should be plenty in stock. They'll wait to release them the day of the gift card sale.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, thanks for the info!

[quote name='Xxplicitt']Is this the stand alone 250gb or the bundle that includes Alan Wake and Forza?[/QUOTE]

^^I would like to know THIS.

[quote name='EarthKing']^^I would like to know THIS.[/QUOTE]

In the ad scan that was shown it showed the regular 250 gig model without Alan Wake and Forza 3, so I wouldn't be planning on getting it.

[quote name='Jabrim']In the ad scan that was shown it showed the regular 250 gig model without Alan Wake and Forza 3, so I wouldn't be planning on getting it.[/QUOTE]

Do they even make the regular 250GB consoles anymore (for the holidays)? I've only seen the holiday bundle.

[quote name='EarthKing']Do they even make the regular 250GB consoles anymore (for the holidays)? I've only seen the holiday bundle.[/QUOTE]

Yes I have seen them at my local Wal-Mart, Target, and Gamestop

[quote name='Jabrim']Yes I have seen them at my local Wal-Mart, Target, and Gamestop[/QUOTE]

Oh okay...I've only seen the kinect bundles and holiday bundles (if they weren't bought already)...Oh well...That would have been a great deal since I'm saving up for a holiday bundle...It would of forced me to buy it earlier.

Great find! So how would I transfer the data on my old 60GB Jasper arcade unit HD to the new unit? I don't have a transfer kit or anything. Are the transfer kits for the old HD compatible with the newer slim model?

Yes, I believe the old transfer cables are compatible, and the software is built into the slim from what MS said when they originally released the slim.

[quote name='wargod']Great find! So how would I transfer the data on my old 60GB Jasper arcade unit HD to the new unit? I don't have a transfer kit or anything. Are the transfer kits for the old HD compatible with the newer slim model?[/QUOTE]Yes, the cable's compatible. The Slim has the transfer software pre-installed on it, so all you need is the cable.

The only difference between the two versions of the transfer kit out there is the software version and what it copies to and from. Not an issue with the slim having the SW on-board.

Well I'll be picking one up, I have an Elite that I'm going to sell to a friend. I'm so sick and tired of always getting sleepy playing 360 games because of the fan.

So my breakdown looks like this:

$299 Xbox 360 S
- $75 Gift Card
- $130 for my old Xbox
$94 for a new Xbox

Not a bad deal at all

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Do you guys think the chances are high of Amazon matching this deal?[/QUOTE]

amazon has none in stock, I am so disappointed :cry:

[quote name='Jonsoncao']amazon has none in stock, I am so disappointed :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah... Amazon has spoiled me... I don't like to pay taxes anymore...

=(

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Yeah... Amazon has spoiled me... I don't like to pay taxes anymore...

=([/QUOTE]
Then go back to Russia, Commie! :lol:

No, Amazon spoiled me too and now as a Prime member paying shipping on non prime items drives me crazy!

This seems like the best deal going for a 250g this season.

[quote name='biggie2123']Wow, I had no idea. It was about to lose money on that deal. Well still, I need my xbox because I just recently transferred all my game licenses to this xbox and I cannot do another transfer 1 year from Monday of this week. Which sucks but now I'm stuck with it.[/QUOTE]

If it has been less than a year you can call Xbox Customer Support (1-800-4MYXBOX) and they will take care of the license transfer. They understand that this may happen occasionally and will help you out.

They come in unmarked boxes with 2 per box. The labels did not say bundle so I would assume it is the stand alone console but I am not sure.

[quote name='Tropicat']If it has been less than a year you can call Xbox Customer Support (1-800-4MYXBOX) and they will take care of the license transfer. They understand that this may happen occasionally and will help you out.[/QUOTE]They won't take care of doing a manual license transfer unless there's an issue on their part of why it needs to be done. I had my current console needing to be repaired two weeks after I bought it and a week after I did the license transfer. They swapped out the console and didn't do the license transfer like they should have in the repair process.

Took 3-4 weeks and escalation to Level 3 support before I had the license transfer issue resolved.

[quote name='shrike4242']They won't take care of doing a manual license transfer unless there's an issue on their part of why it needs to be done. I had my current console needing to be repaired two weeks after I bought it and a week after I did the license transfer. They swapped out the console and didn't do the license transfer like they should have in the repair process.

Took 3-4 weeks and escalation to Level 3 support before I had the license transfer issue resolved.[/QUOTE]

How long ago was this? It took a long time to get done when they did all of the transfers. I had a refurb that they didn't do the transfer for at the plant and it took 2 months to get the license transfer done back then. Since they have changed so you can do your own many friends have had it taken care of by support the day they called them.

[quote name='boxer0987']They come in unmarked boxes with 2 per box. The labels did not say bundle so I would assume it is the stand alone console but I am not sure.[/QUOTE]
My local Best Buy had some new shipments of 250GB. They were the stand alone consoles.

[quote name='Tropicat']How long ago was this? It took a long time to get done when they did all of the transfers. I had a refurb that they didn't do the transfer for at the plant and it took 2 months to get the license transfer done back then. Since they have changed so you can do your own many friends have had it taken care of by support the day they called them.[/QUOTE]This was back in mid-January to early February.

[quote name='shrike4242']They won't take care of doing a manual license transfer unless there's an issue on their part of why it needs to be done. I had my current console needing to be repaired two weeks after I bought it and a week after I did the license transfer.[/QUOTE]

Hey shrike, if it was two weeks after you bought it couldn't you have just returned/exchanged it? Or did you buy it used?

I really really want to do this. My meager 120 gig hard drive on my arcade console is not cutting it anymore, so this would be a GREAT excuse to get the new machine :)

I really hope this goes live ONLINE as well :pray:

it seams amazon has the 250gb 360 holiday bundle back in stock for those who opt for amazon

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']

I really hope this goes live ONLINE as well :pray:[/QUOTE]

The tomorrows circular is up on walmarts website and it says gift card deal isn't available online....Given that Amazon didn't match the $50 gift card walmart was offering on the wii this week, I don't know if we can get our hopes up that they will match walmart on this 360 deal.

Could someone with the ad please say if there's a specific time mentioned on it? For example can you go to a 24-hour Walmart at midnight tonight or is it some arbitary time tomorrow morning?

[quote name='leopaw']It will have a little bit of internal memory, but not much. Just enough to power and run the system. Why not keep the 250 GB system and sell your 4 GB? The 4GB USED is selling for around $230 currently on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that any regular USB stick is also usable as storage....

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but does Wal-Mart charge tax online? I'm hoping the deal goes online.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Could someone with the ad please say if there's a specific time mentioned on it? For example can you go to a 24-hour Walmart at midnight tonight or is it some arbitary time tomorrow morning?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'd like to know this as well. Planning on picking this up at midnight.

[quote name='Blackout']Sorry if this is common knowledge, but does Wal-Mart charge tax online? I'm hoping the deal goes online.[/QUOTE]

if there's a walmart in your state (which is most states), then yes, walmart online does charge you tax

I just called the local Wally World and talked to a girl in electronics, and she said that I could just come in at midnight and get one with the giftcard.

Hopefully not that many people show up at midnight...

bread's done
Back