Xbox 360 4GB or 250GB Console w/ Kinect Bundle + $100 Credit ($300/$400) BB & Amazon

why cant they sell just the console 250gb without the kinect? i mean having deals without the kinect

[quote name='SGH360']why cant they sell just the console 250gb without the kinect? i mean having deals without the kinect[/QUOTE]

I know! I don't want Kinect. I'll just wait until amazon lowers the price on the 250GB for the holidays.

If you guys don't want the Kinect you can always sell it. This is a great deal though but I'm hoping Amazon has it with a $100 GC on Black Friday since I have credit there.

Not a bad deal if you want a new Xbox and natal. I'm still surprised MS has cut the price of the 360 this year.

[quote name='SGH360']why cant they sell just the console 250gb without the kinect? i mean having deals without the kinect[/QUOTE]

You're in training, it's cool. For $100 gift card, you sell Kinect on Craigslist, even if you get $75 which is most likely, you've made back plenty on this deal.

So I was taking a look at some deals this morning, for those who dont already have an Xbox Slim or need to buy one for the holidays, they have a nice bundle @ Best Buy, They give you a $100.00 Best Buy gift card for either purchasing the 4GB or 250GB Xbox Slim, plus if you need it shipped you get free shipping! Enjoy! :beer:

4GB Kinect Bundle
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Xbox+36...CategoryId=abcat0701001&id=pcmprd168700050010

250GB Kinect Bundle
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Xbox+36...?skuId=9999169000050011&id=pcmprd168700050011

Yeah im thinking of getting a kinect, but dont need the system lol...hopefully Black Friday has deals on Kinect... Boom $75 haha

[quote name='wtsutton']Holy crap...hundred bucks off AND a hundred dollar GC. I know it is only a 4GB HD but still.[/QUOTE]

Might want to look again. It is $100 off after they charge you $100 for the gift card

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Online only? I wonder if my Best Buy or some other local retailer would price match this.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you can do instore pickup for it too.

Might be worth mentioning in the thread title that this only applies to the Kinect versions, sadly. =( Been looking to replace my current Elite with a Slim, but have no interest whatsoever in Kinect.

[quote name='Jodou']We need this posted again at least three more times.[/QUOTE]

THIS THIS THIS

3 more times....just like you asked. OR did you mean

Seems like this should be front page news. 2 day only sale.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Xbox+36...CategoryId=abcat0701001&id=pcmprd168700050010

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Might be worth mentioning in the thread title that this only applies to the Kinect versions, sadly. =( Been looking to replace my current Elite with a Slim, but have no interest whatsoever in Kinect.[/QUOTE]
Then sell the kinect. I did this deal a while back when amazon had the same exact thing. I ended up selling the kinect and kinect adventures on craigslist for $105.

Those worried about BF deals, there's an easy solution.

If you are willing to wait for BF deals, grab this deal and shove the Xbox somewhere you won't see it as to not be tempted. Then wait for BF ads to come out. If you see a better deal take the Xbox back. If not then open up your Xbox and enjoy.

Btw I know they use to track serial numbers when purchasing systems, so if you open one and try to return a BF ad one there might be a problem. But I haven't worked retail for 6+ years do I could be wrong

[quote name='TheBomb69']Are the hard drives interchangeable from an older Elite?[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. The old elite have a larger hard drive enclosure. This can be easily remedied by buying a $10-$15 "slim" enclosure then transplanting the hdd

Basically same HDD different enclosures.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Online only? I wonder if my Best Buy or some other local retailer would price match this.[/QUOTE]

Nope I checked with my local one and they said you can do a in-store pick up online or price match it to the site

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Might be worth mentioning in the thread title that this only applies to the Kinect versions, sadly. =( Been looking to replace my current Elite with a Slim, but have no interest whatsoever in Kinect.[/QUOTE]

Then just sell the Kinect to someone, ebay, craigslist, etc

***Also those that are waiting for Black Friday, I wouldnt be expecting a whole lot when it comes to systems this winter, its probably going to be the standard 50.00 GC if that from anywhere, also most deals right before black friday are usually better than the deals that are on black friday, the only deal so far that i've seen will be a 160GB PS3 for 199.99 @ Kmart. I'll Post up the info for Best Buy's Black Friday ad Next week Friday when Skyrim comes out. I believe there are going to be a bunch of sales on peripherals but not much for systems & Games, i suggest trying to take advantage of the B2G1 free deals that are going on too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ijustw1n']You're in training, it's cool. For $100 gift card, you sell Kinect on Craigslist, even if you get $75 which is most likely, you've made back plenty on this deal.[/QUOTE]

Or get the 4GB, Use the gift card to buy the 250gb hard drive and sell the Kinect. Less out of pocket.

if anyone is interested i am still in the market for a kinect, but im wondering if there will be a sick deal on the kinect once black friday comes swinging by

I'm a long-time cheapassgamer.com visitor who's seen plenty of deals here but never bothered to post one myself. Well, I haven't seen this one anywhere, so here it is ... today and tomorrow, Best Buy is offering a $100 gift card with the purchase of a 4GB Xbox 360 Kinect Bundle ($299.99) or a 250 GB Bundle ($399.99). Offer works either in-store or online; it's on the bestbuy.com website right now. Apparently this kind of thing is going on next weekend and the weekend after, too. Here's more from the release as found on Yahoo! Finance ...

Press Release Source: Best Buy PR On Friday November 4, 2011, 9:00 am EDT

"Shop Early, Save Big" event on November 4-5 gives shoppers a jump on holiday savings

MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 4, 2011 - Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) is giving shoppers a head start on holiday savings today with its "Shop Early, Save Big" event. Today, November 4, and tomorrow, November 5, holiday shoppers can find must-have technology gifts at unbeatable prices backed with one-of-a-kind service and convenience only Best Buy can deliver.

Available both in-store and online, the "Shop Early, Save Big" event features unbeatable offers on some of the hottest gifts of the season including, but not limited to:
  • LG Thrive GoPhone for $99.99 - Save $30
  • Best Buy Exclusive Motorola Xoom tablet for $359.99 - Save $40
  • Dynex 42" Class LCD HDTV for $399.99 - Save $100
  • eMachine Celeron laptop for $199.99 - Save $150
  • Insignia HD Camcorder for $39.99 - Save $60
  • Microsoft 4GB and 250GB Kinect Bundles with a free $100 Gift Card; $299.99 and $399.99, respectively.
Best Buy will hold two additional "Shop Early, Save Big" events this month: November 11-12 and November 18-19. To learn more about the special offers and hot deals that will be featured as part of the upcoming sales events, visit www.bestbuy.com/shopearly.

Thanks for trying to contribute but I believe this has been posted a few times already. I would post a link but I'm on my phone.

[quote name='kcchia80']Doh, already posted? What I get for trying to be a contributor. :cry:[/QUOTE]
It's okay dude im always second when posting deals and this is the first time I was the first posting. Keep the deals coming!

[quote name='xxsirvtecxx']Yeah im thinking of getting a kinect, but dont need the system lol...hopefully Black Friday has deals on Kinect... Boom $75 haha[/QUOTE]there have been plenty of $80 kinect deals BB, TRU & combining the accessory % off deals or b2g1's.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Those worried about BF deals, there's an easy solution.

If you are willing to wait for BF deals, grab this deal and shove the Xbox somewhere you won't see it as to not be tempted. Then wait for BF ads to come out. If you see a better deal take the Xbox back. If not then open up your Xbox and enjoy.

Btw I know they use to track serial numbers when purchasing systems, so if you open one and try to return a BF ad one there might be a problem. But I haven't worked retail for 6+ years do I could be wrong[/QUOTE]
This is a viable tactic, and as a recent employee of Best Buy I can say that the serial numbers will be tracked and linked to the transaction/receipt it was purchased on. If anything, just make sure the system you bring back will match the one on the receipt, and remember, you have 30 days from your date of purchase to come back and price match any price difference as well, although I'm unsure about bundled packages.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Those worried about BF deals, there's an easy solution.

Btw I know they use to track serial numbers when purchasing systems, so if you open one and try to return a BF ad one there might be a problem. But I haven't worked retail for 6+ years do I could be wrong[/QUOTE]

I just got back from my best buy and I was able to get the bundle I had gotten on 9/21 pricematched. The 2 good things about it are the fact that I already sold the Kinect for $118 after fees and I reset my receipt return dates so I have 45to more days to PM a hard drop in price. $104 a 360 is awesome considering I sold my old one for $149. On phone so sorry if any weirdness happens with this posy. Ijust used my receipt. Return and rebuy.

[quote name='deanabrown']Does anyone know on the mobile coupon gift card offers stack?[/QUOTE]

I also got a coupon book that gives additional giftcards when you spend money. It would be nice if that stacked.

[quote name='deanabrown']Does anyone know on the mobile coupon gift card offers stack?[/QUOTE]

Mobile coupons don't work on systems. It reallu sucks.i

You guys know Amazon is offering the same thing, right? And theirs comes with an extra (crappy) game for the $250 bundle.

Wow this is pretty tempting. Order from Amazon with no sales tax and you could effectively do many things...

Split the Kinect off on ebay, should be able to net 100 for it there, netting you an effective $100 4GB 360.

Or possibly just sell the whole thing on ebay later for some profit?

I just wish they did this with the 250GB Holiday bundle without Kinect or the Modern Warfare Edition then i would buy it so quickly!

[quote name='berserker01']I just wish they did this with the 250GB Holiday bundle without Kinect or the Modern Warfare Edition then i would buy it so quickly![/QUOTE]

Agreed. I sold my ps3 to upgrade to a new uncharted one, so I'm looking for an uncharted PS3 deal right now. But I'd be willing to sell and upgrade my Xbox 360 as well if I could get a 250gb model with a $100 GC from amazon :)

Question for you CAG's. I was planning on getting the MW3 LE console but this $100 GC is not that bad. If I purchase 250GB at best buy would i be able to exchange it for the MW3 console and keep the GC?

[quote name='rusty']Agreed. I sold my ps3 to upgrade to a new uncharted one, so I'm looking for an uncharted PS3 deal right now. But I'd be willing to sell and upgrade my Xbox 360 as well if I could get a 250gb model with a $100 GC from amazon :)[/QUOTE]

Right now best buy has the best deal if you buy a 320GB PS3 Uncharted 3 bundle ($299.99) and a PS3 Bluetooth Headset ($49.99), get any PS3 game $59.99 or less for free. That is for next weeks ad.

bread's done
Back