Xbox 360 Elite Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 250GB Console $400 - Amazon

KarcassmaKer

CAG Veteran
Saw this just now on the amazongames twitter. Pretty cool stuff:

Just announced! Check out all the details on the Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 250GB Elite console

Available for release date delivery.

Here's whats in the box:

• Limited Edition Xbox 360 Console with exclusive Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Design
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Standard Edition (Rated "M" for Mature.)
  • 250GB HD
  • 2 Black Wireless Controllers
  • 1 Black Xbox 360 Wired Headset
  • 1 Ethernet Cable
  • 1 Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable
  • Free one month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold (Xbox LIVE Silver subscription is included with console)
  • Free Netflix trial offer

Last edited by a moderator:
As a first time buyer of the 360 and wanting to get MW2, how limited do you think these consoles are? I've been looking at getting the arcade from Wal-Mart with the deal that's going on and using the gift card to buy MW2 and the rest towards the HDD. However, if this deal is THAT much better and might be still around in a week or 2, I have $100 credit at Amazon and could have the rest of the money by mid next week.

Any advice on which route I should take?
Thanks!

[quote name='oiskaio']As a first time buyer of the 360 and wanting to get MW2, how limited do you think these consoles are? I've been looking at getting the arcade from Wal-Mart with the deal that's going on and using the gift card to buy MW2 and the rest towards the HDD. However, if this deal is THAT much better and might be still around in a week or 2, I have $100 credit at Amazon and could have the rest of the money by mid next week.

Any advice on which route I should take?
Thanks![/QUOTE]

It depends on how many games you are going to play cause if you are going to have a lot of DLC then go with the MW2 Bundle. I would go the other route if you aren't going to be playing a lot and just get the Hoilday Elite Bundle which has the 120 GB HDD & 2 free games (Lego Batman & Pure) for $299 which in your case would be around the same price out of pocket at Walmart with 100 credit @ Amazon.

[quote name='shadylane']I'm gonna be recieving my bundle soon. What should I look out for? cracked game or cracked console?[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard a single report of anything being wrong with anything in the box except the MW2 green case was either slightly cracked or dented because the way Microsoft packaged it. It's on the very bottom of the console packaging in the box, and if the box is dropped or another box is placed on top of it, it will crush the case if they didn't ship it with enough protection. Nothing I have heard has been wrong with anyone's consoles or accessories.

My bundle gave me the red ring of death after about 6 hours of use. Called Amazon up at 3 in the morning that night and they overnighted me a new one which arrived today. The delivery person knocked on the door and my wife said just a moment as she was brushing her teeth. When she started to make her way to the door she hears something dropping on the floor. She opens the door and she can see the delivery person walking away. I just hope that there is nothing wrong with this one as she said it was pretty loud noise. You can believe that Amazon will get another call from me. I do have to say that talking with them was a pleasent experience the other night.

I got mine from Gamestop on Monday and I still havent opened it yet. After my experience there I have no desire to even play the game or open the system up for some reason. I wonder what Gamestop will do for me if my case is smashed other than tell me to go fuck myself.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Target is offering a $50 GC with the purchase of this on BF FYI[/QUOTE]

You will get a gift card but most people will have to pay tax so this is essentially a better deal since you do not have to wait until BF or deal with a crazy, possibly deadly, mob of people in the store and you may or may not find it in store.

[quote name='ajh2298']I got mine from Gamestop on Monday and I still havent opened it yet. After my experience there I have no desire to even play the game or open the system up for some reason. I wonder what Gamestop will do for me if my case is smashed other than tell me to go fuck myself.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what was your experience with them when picking it up that made you not want to open/play the game/system? was it something specific that happened or are you just referring to your past experiences with GS/EB in general?

I give Amazon big time credit by stepping up and offering $40 to their customers just for a broken DVD case, but we are all lucky that Amazon is willing to go above and beyond for their customers. They want market share and they are willing to do that type of thing for people. GS or other B&M stores are probably not going to do much for you. If you think about it for a minute it is almost silly to return an entire system just for a broken DVD case. Like I said before though I see it from both sides. If you pay $400 for something you want it to be perfect, but in the end what does a .99 cent DVD case have to do with the functionality of the system. Actually I'm willing to bet more than half of the systems will have a broken game case. Its not Amazon or the B&M stores fault, its Microsoft's fault for their poor package design. Just throwing it out there, but for the people that are getting a replacement, what happens if the replacement has a broken dvd case? Will you get another replacement? Just curious. (I'm not asking this to stir up shit with others, I'm just wondering out of curiosity because there is a good chance the broken dvd case is pretty common with these systems)

As for taking it back to GS with a broken DVD case, I wouldn't be surprised if they just offered you a new case for the game. I'm sure if you want to return it they will let you, but knowing GS/EB they would never just offer you 10-20% back just to influence you to keep the system, especially if all that is wrong was a cracked DVD case.

Yall are making me nervous. I just ordered this morning. Has anyone gotten one from Amazon in good condition? Naturally more people are going to post when there is a problem...

[quote name='FArgus']Yall are making me nervous. I just ordered this morning. Has anyone gotten one from Amazon in good condition? Naturally more people are going to post when there is a problem...[/QUOTE]

Everything was fine on mine

[quote name='FArgus']Yall are making me nervous. I just ordered this morning. Has anyone gotten one from Amazon in good condition? Naturally more people are going to post when there is a problem...[/QUOTE]

I just got my replacement today from Amazon after my first one was only packaged in a shipping box with no protection and the console box was crushed and split open. This one was better packaged and the console box was in better condition. Hopefully yours will be all right.

Anyone care to give an example of what they are saying in their emails about the damage in order to get the possible credit?

[quote name='chrishicks']Anyone care to give an example of what they are saying in their emails about the damage in order to get the possible credit?[/QUOTE]

Mention that due to manufacturer or Amazon's packaging of the item that the game case you received was broken. Say that you had seen that this was a relatively common issue based on my reading on the internet and that people were being given 20% discounts to keep the item as-is. Ask for the 20% and that you appreciate their consideration.

Be short, simple and polite--you can usually get what you want! :)

[quote name='ethwang']Mention that due to manufacturer or Amazon's packaging of the item that the game case you received was broken. Say that you had seen that this was a relatively common issue based on my reading on the internet and that people were being given 20% discounts to keep the item as-is. Ask for the 20% and that you appreciate their consideration.

Be short, simple and polite--you can usually get what you want! :)[/QUOTE]

Great. Thank you.

Got my replacement bundle yesterday and everything was in good shape. This time the box it came is was smaller and had more air bags that were not flat by the time I got it. Would have liked a discount but I am very happy with this bundle as it is.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Target is offering a $50 GC with the purchase of this on BF FYI[/QUOTE]

Great! That covers the tax you save on Amazon plus you do not have to leave your house and wait in line in the cold on Thanksgiving.

[quote name='dazocan']My bundle gave me the red ring of death after about 6 hours of use. Called Amazon up at 3 in the morning that night and they overnighted me a new one which arrived today. The delivery person knocked on the door and my wife said just a moment as she was brushing her teeth. When she started to make her way to the door she hears something dropping on the floor. She opens the door and she can see the delivery person walking away. I just hope that there is nothing wrong with this one as she said it was pretty loud noise. You can believe that Amazon will get another call from me. I do have to say that talking with them was a pleasent experience the other night.[/QUOTE]

did you get to keep the rrod for parts?

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who mentioned about the credit. I was able to get one as well.

You can use our Packaging Feedback Program (www.amazon.com/packaging) to let us know how we're doing. We'll use your input to improve product and Amazon packaging. Visit http://www.amazon.com/help/packaging for more information.

From your e-mail i understand that you're interested in keeping the Video game with the slight damage, so I've requested a refund of $80.00, which is 20% off the item price. You'll see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

Add me to the list of cracked game cases.

Just shot off an email to amazon, let's see them come through!

the box I received mine in was minimally damaged. the unit, is NICE and even quiter than my other 360. however so far my one gripe the unit, doesn't always power on. so far, it will start each time, but three times, no video, its running but no one home, other than that its perfect anyone else having issues with this console?

also I called them complained and they are shipping me a new one for free all I have to do is send this one back to them

Well I've always been a loyal Amazon customer, but this latest act has got to be one of the classiest moves I've seen from an etailer/retailer.

Got a credit to my account for the damaged case!

i'm just curious, does the copy of MW2 that comes with this bundle have the barcode on the back of the case like the ones sold separately, or does it say not for resale?

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']i'm just curious, does the copy of MW2 that comes with this bundle have the barcode on the back of the case like the ones sold separately, or does it say not for resale?[/QUOTE]

not for resale.

My game case is also cracked but before I call Amazon I thought I'd ask if anyone else thinks their console is too loud? Unless a game is loaded onto the HDD it's noisey as hell. The disc drive almost sounds like it's scratching the disc even though it isn't and the fans sound like I'm living in a wind tunnel.

I'm disappointed because I thought these newer 360's were supposed to be much quieter than the old ones. My problem free launch day 360 that is still going strong might be a little noisey but nowhere near as loud as this new console when playing a game that has been loaded to the HDD.

Anyone else think their console is way too loud when playing a game that hasn't been loaded to the HDD?

[quote name='pladman']its annoying that you can only buy 3,[/QUOTE]

why would you need more than 3. its not like they are selling for over 500 on ebay or craigslist. 3 is enough I think for an entire household

There are a couple dozen of these at the BestBuy in Shelbyville (Louisville, KY area) and their website doesn't seem to have limit for the number that may be purchased.

[quote name='smithfarmer']My game case is also cracked but before I call Amazon I thought I'd ask if anyone else thinks their console is too loud? Unless a game is loaded onto the HDD it's noisey as hell. The disc drive almost sounds like it's scratching the disc even though it isn't and the fans sound like I'm living in a wind tunnel.

I'm disappointed because I thought these newer 360's were supposed to be much quieter than the old ones. My problem free launch day 360 that is still going strong might be a little noisey but nowhere near as loud as this new console when playing a game that has been loaded to the HDD.

Anyone else think their console is way too loud when playing a game that hasn't been loaded to the HDD?[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing, but when I received a replacement console from Amazon it was as loud as my first one and the disc loading sound was even louder. My original Pro Xbox isnt this loud.

[quote name='BaratoGamer']There are a couple dozen of these at the BestBuy in Shelbyville (Louisville, KY area) and their website doesn't seem to have limit for the number that may be purchased.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy on Shelbyville Rd. I think you mean. lol

[quote name='SlaughterX']So they're charging $13 for the data transfer kits now. Bravo Microsoft![/QUOTE]

Wait huh? Damnit. I bought a 120gb and planned on eBaying it and now it's too late?

So I got mine in today and the case is cracked up. I haven't opened anything otherwise and wanted to know if there is anyway to know if a console is going to be quieter or louder than another? My local Best Buy has some in stock and I'm more than happy to swap it out there if it means having an intact case and a console that runs quietly (my current pro runs quietly but I am going to give that to someone else).

I got mine online but not from Amazon so exchanging isn't an option there (returning is)...

are these supposed to come with a 1 month trial of Live? It was listed in the description on Amazon, but I didn't have one in my box.

[quote name='FArgus']are these supposed to come with a 1 month trial of Live? It was listed in the description on Amazon, but I didn't have one in my box.[/QUOTE]

Only when you create a new gamertag from the console.

yep microsoft is charging 12.90 for it plus tax if you ahve it.. came to 14 for it

its ok ill flip it on ebay for 35 or so.. seems to be the going price at least.. sigh..

WOW. I want to marry Amazon. I got the item today. Game case was basically flattened by pressure. Was cracked. email amazon. I place an order for COD MW2 hardened edition for 79.99 plus the xbox. total was 478.98. I ask politely for 20% off. Instead of giving 20% of for just the Xbox 360 they gave me 20% the whole order. saved 95.00 dollars. I only wanted a discount for the xbox but they gave it for the whole order. damn Amazon is truly the best. AMAZON for PRESIDENT. LOL.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']^ Why the hell would you buy two versions of MW 2? o_O[/QUOTE]

because I am selling the one that came in the 360 and keeping the other one for the ps3.

The new 360 game cases are pieces of shit (MW2 and AC2). They must have cut out those holes on each side to save weight for shipping or to make it more "environmentally friendly." It makes the cases a lot more flimsy and you can easily crease the case insert just trying to get games or manuals out.

All cases are going that way now it seems. I've noticed it on a lot of new DVDs I buy as well as 360 games. It's a bunch of crap if you ask me.

[quote name='OGHowie']The new 360 game cases are pieces of shit (MW2 and AC2). They must have cut out those holes on each side to save weight for shipping or to make it more "environmentally friendly." It makes the cases a lot more flimsy and you can easily crease the case insert just trying to get games or manuals out.[/QUOTE]

I received Left 4 Dead 2 with damage to the insert because something was placed on top of the package (padded envelope) and there was nothing solid behind the insert when the weight pressed down on it. Both L4D2 and AC2 arrived with the cases noticeably bowed from weight on them during transit. These cases are really pissing me off.

bread's done
Back