Xbox 360 Elite Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 250GB Console $400 - Amazon

KarcassmaKer

CAG Veteran
Saw this just now on the amazongames twitter. Pretty cool stuff:

Just announced! Check out all the details on the Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 250GB Elite console

Available for release date delivery.

Here's whats in the box:

• Limited Edition Xbox 360 Console with exclusive Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Design
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Standard Edition (Rated "M" for Mature.)
  • 250GB HD
  • 2 Black Wireless Controllers
  • 1 Black Xbox 360 Wired Headset
  • 1 Ethernet Cable
  • 1 Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable
  • Free one month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold (Xbox LIVE Silver subscription is included with console)
  • Free Netflix trial offer

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the million dollar question. I had a 20 gig. I upgraded and transferred to the 120. I bought and mw2 elite tonight can I transfer the 120 to the 250?

[quote name='KarcassmaKer']Also, looks like supply is limited - I just pulled trigger on this

Modern Warfare 2 Console Purchase Limit Policy
In an effort to provide as many customers as possible with the opportunity to purchase the Modern Warfare 2 console, we are limiting the total number of units that can be purchased. As a result, each household may only purchase 3 Modern Warfare 2 consoles. See additional policy details[/QUOTE]
the resident evil elite goes for 400-500+ on ebay now, getting the modern warfare 2 elite and or the prestige edition and sitting on it is more of an investment than anything else

Here is the other side. Sorry didnt realize I only put one side.

DSC00837.jpg

[quote name='gepet0']Here is the million dollar question. I had a 20 gig. I upgraded and transferred to the 120. I bought and mw2 elite tonight can I transfer the 120 to the 250?[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing as you but I used a memory card to upgrade the 20gb to the 120gb, but this time for the 120 to 250gb transfer I ordered the transfer kit straight from microsoft and the tech told me that it should work fine.

[quote name='ajh2298']I did the same thing as you but I used a memory card to upgrade the 20gb to the 120gb, but this time for the 120 to 250gb transfer I ordered the transfer kit straight from microsoft and the tech told me that it should work fine.[/QUOTE]

It does work just fine. I transfered everything over last night before going to bed. It took like 4 hours lol. I have so much shit on my 360 it is not even funny. I think I was using about half of the 120GB on my RE5 console.

Now I am a proud owner of the MW2 Elite, RE5 Elite, and Halo 3 xbox 360s.

Also I would like to note the color on the sides of the 250GB hard drive are a shiny black color rather than the standard metal although the pictures don't really show. It meshes well with the console. Looks pretty damn slick too.

The Disc Trey is not made of metal. The outside of it/the eject button that is.

[quote name='Danil ACE']High speed, low drag? Seriously? lol[/QUOTE]
Thats exactly how we describe our equipments. - USMC.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Here is the other side. Sorry didnt realize I only put one side.

DSC00837.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ahh, that's the sweetness I was expecting. Although, I should have realized from the HDD position that your other shot was from the bottom, but it didn't occur to me that the console was painted on both sides. Looking forward to getting mine!

[quote name='prateeko']Ahh, that's the sweetness I was expecting. Although, I should have realized from the HDD position that your other shot was from the bottom, but it didn't occur to me that the console was painted on both sides. Looking forward to getting mine![/QUOTE]

And, you know, the bottom has the rubber feet.

It's a great deal. Wish I could afford it, though. That and I don't like the amazingly descriptive words like 'High Speed, Low Drag' or 'Joint Task Force.' But i'm guessing IW wanted people to know that their 360 meant business!

am i the only one that wonders why MS doesn't sell the black headsets seperately?! i mean really, the elite and MW2 system come with black headsets, but if anything ever happens to that one your only choice is the aftermarket white one, that looks horrible on a black controller...

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']

[/QUOTE]
Lol. And I just bought an Arcade from Walmart! (my 1st 360)

[quote name='starmask2k3']no HDMI cable and would it be cheap on Black friday[/QUOTE]
can get a 6" HDMI cable on ebay for like $3.

Wow...Saw those pics and had to bite. It looks much better than the advertised ones...plus no tax and release date delivery on Amazon = amazing deal!

ill wait till black friday, cant really afford to drop 400 bucks on a 2nd 360 right now and im sure it will be 350ish around BF/Xmas or on craigslist, i mainly just want it for the HDD

[quote name='Msantos91']If anything, the price of it is going to go up. Isn't that what happened with the Resident Evil 5 console?[/QUOTE]

Well you can't be 100% sure it will go up in value... RE5 console only went up because they didn't really make that many of em and it was actually a limited edition... Compare it to the HALO Limited Edition which lost value rather quickly because they mass produced it [but the green controllers were worth alot for awhile]...

As for this console it does have a few things that may make it go up in value. The HD for one is gonna be a big plus as they don't sell a 250GB hd seperately as of yet... I havn't heard much of how many of these consoles they made so it might be overproduced and of course that doesn't raise the value... And since the Xbox 360 has been out for awhile most people interested in having a 360 already have one [including alll those people who bought out Walmart and Amazon recently] so this may not do as we
ll but only time will tell...

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']It does work just fine. I transfered everything over last night before going to bed. It took like 4 hours lol. I have so much shit on my 360 it is not even funny. I think I was using about half of the 120GB on my RE5 console.

Also I would like to note the color on the sides of the 250GB hard drive are a shiny black color rather than the standard metal although the pictures don't really show. It meshes well with the console. Looks pretty damn slick too.

The Disc Trey is not made of metal. The outside of it/the eject button that is.[/QUOTE]

I bought my first Xbox 360 arcade from Amazon w/ $100 GC on Saturday. I'm just wondering, why do you need 3 different Xbox 360's? Lol..

I am wondering where all of this talk of the RE 5 consoles being 'valuable' is coming from. A search of completed auctions on eBay shows that a new one actually just went for $355 with free shipping on Saturday. If you'll remember, these things originally cost $400; I don't see much of a premium on these things. I bought a few back in the spring on speculation, and did nothing but break even on them.

That being said, I don't know if this console will be any more valuable down the road, but I think it's a lot better deal, considering what is included.

I know it isn't selling very high now, but I could have sworn that it had been selling for a ton above resale, at one point at least. I could be wrong though.

Either way, I've convinced myself to throw down the $400 for the MW2 console.

I'm sad I won't be using my system until I get my transfer kit from MS. I will just be playing MW2 on my 20GB system until then.

[quote name='cdeener']I'm sad I won't be using my system until I get my transfer kit from MS. I will just be playing MW2 on my 20GB system until then.[/QUOTE]

I have a transfer kit, but I suspect that since it's an older one I won't be able to use it with the 250GB drive... I'll probably just transfer saves with a memory card and do a license transfer to the new console for DLC.

On the plus side, my console is now preparing for shipment. After GS/Amazon trade-in flips and promotional codes, I'm going to wind up paying around $50 for it out of pocket. :)

[quote name='sengar']I have a transfer kit, but I suspect that since it's an older one I won't be able to use it with the 250GB drive... I'll probably just transfer saves with a memory card and do a license transfer to the new console for DLC.

On the plus side, my console is now preparing for shipment. After GS/Amazon trade-in flips and promotional codes, I'm going to wind up paying around $50 for it out of pocket. :)[/QUOTE]

I have an older cable and I spoke with Xbox support and they told me the cable will work fine to transfer my data from my 120GB to the 250GB. They said you just can't transfer to a smaller drive HDD. Hope that helps you.

[quote name='nightman1701']I have an older cable and I spoke with Xbox support and they told me the cable will work fine to transfer my data from my 120GB to the 250GB. They said you just can't transfer to a smaller drive HDD. Hope that helps you.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand it's not the cable that isn't compatible - older versions of the disc that come with it had problems recognizing the 60GB drives when they were first released (and presumably would have a similar problem with the 250GB drives). I'm not sure whether the transfer kit MS sent me predates those drives hitting the market or not, so who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and it will work.

i am transferring from a 120gb --> 250gb. i ended up with an extra transfer kit from maybe a year ago. how do we know if we'll have problems transferring or not?

like how do you know if your disc is okay to do this transfer?

Does anyone have an extra transfer cable I can borrow and then ship back. I sold my old 360 and didn't write down the console serial # and I can't talk to anyone without the serial #. I might ask a friend to give me his serial but I am sure if someone let me borrow a cable I could get it faster.

I hope there is a deal on this somewhere, I really want this! I wish it came with the prestige edition of the game tho, since I have pre-ordered it already from BB. I guess if I get this package I would probably be able to sell the game for like $50, so it would kind of be like taking $50 dollars off the Xbox package, making it $350. I guess Amazon.com is the best deal tho, since you don't have to pay for tax, so you can save any where from $20 to $40 by not paying for tax.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Anyone who got release date delivery have their console ship yet?[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped through FedEX...Its in Reno!

[quote name='coupegamer']Mine shipped through FedEX...Its in Reno![/QUOTE]

Yeah, just got the email as well. Shipping FedEx from Kentucky. Est. Delivery: November 10 by 3:00pm.

Does anyone know what process we must take for the hard drive transfer kit? Do you call MS or do I have to buy a 120gig to get the cd and cable/ebay it?

On Topic: I get it Veteran's day...eerie. Also, I'm off that day so I'll be busting some heads online :D. Too bad I have a metric ton of homework due this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
question: I only have like 2 saved games I would still want to use, and some arcade games like battlefield 1943/marvel vs capcom...

When i get a new xbox, can I just redownload everything and log in with my old gamertag and everything will be good? Do i really need the data migration kit if I dont have any movies/episodes/demos/ or anything really?

[quote name='jedeyeben']Is the copy of the game inside a retail copy of the standard edition? AKA one with a bar code?[/QUOTE]

Would have to say not. They never are. They are always "not for resale."

[quote name='hottaterman']Does anyone know what process we must take for the hard drive transfer kit? Do you call MS or do I have to buy a 120gig to get the cd and cable/ebay it?

On Topic: I get it Veteran's day...eerie. Also, I'm off that day so I'll be busting some heads online :D. Too bad I have a metric ton of homework due this week.[/QUOTE]

You can call MS to order one. I did that and it cost around $13 with shipping. I figured if I didn't they would be sold out by now. You can also check on eBay to buy one. Just make sure it is an official Microsoft Data Migration Kit and not one of the many Chiense knock offs. The official ones usually sell for around $40 on average. I have talked to some people who said that Microsoft is out of stock at the moment for the transfer kit.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Would have to say not. They never are. They are always "not for resale."[/QUOTE]
that's not necessarily true. all guitar hero games bundled with the instruments say "not for resale" on them, but all RB games bundled with the instruments have the same barcode that the retail copies have...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']One example against dozens of others. I'll modify my original statement, though. They are almost always "not for resale."[/QUOTE]

I saw an unboxing video on youtube, and it didn't have a UPC.

was thinking i should start a CAG transfer kit train. not sure if it would be mod approved. not looking to make a profit out of it, just pass around the extra kit i have.

I already moved data from my 20GB -> 120GB. Can I move from the 120GB -> 250GB now as well? I know you can move from the 120GB->250GB, but not sure if it will allow you to move more than once, which is the situation I'm facing.

[quote name='2&2']I saw an unboxing video on youtube, and it didn't have a UPC.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm no UPC. I can also confirm my game case was shattered in two places and looked like somebody stepped on it. :bomb:

[quote name='WilliamG']I already moved data from my 20GB -> 120GB. Can I move from the 120GB -> 250GB now as well? I know you can move from the 120GB->250GB, but not sure if it will allow you to move more than once, which is the situation I'm facing.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try today and I'll let you know.

[quote name='WilliamG']I already moved data from my 20GB -> 120GB. Can I move from the 120GB -> 250GB now as well? I know you can move from the 120GB->250GB, but not sure if it will allow you to move more than once, which is the situation I'm facing.[/QUOTE]

I think i remember reading this somewhere that u are allowed to transfer once every 12 months (a year).

I thought that was whether it will work with Live or not? You can transfer only once every 12 months but it doesn't make a difference if you're connected to Live. It just won't let you play your Live Arcade games etc unless you're connected to Live for that period.

Or something like that.

[quote name='aznboovie']I think i remember reading this somewhere that u are allowed to transfer once every 12 months (a year).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WilliamG']I thought that was whether it will work with Live or not? You can transfer only once every 12 months but it doesn't make a difference if you're connected to Live. It just won't let you play your Live Arcade games etc unless you're connected to Live for that period.

Or something like that.[/QUOTE]

You guys are thinking about transferring licenses, which is once every 12 months like you said. But as far as transferring data from one HDD to another, there's no restrictions other than you can't move data from a bigger HDD to a smaller one.

And just to update, I started the transfer from a 120gb to the 250gb with no problems (other than digging through stuff for 10 minutes trying to find the disc).

In case anyone was wondering, (and if it hasn't already been posted I have not read the whole thread) the game inside does NOT have a barcode and just says "Not for Resale" where it would be, and the HDD after deleting all the junk M$ preloads on it, you have about 228GB free.

for those who called MS to get the transfer cable, what did you tell them or say and what number did you call?? i want to get shit straight before i call em lol.. i got my 250 last night and i love it..

bread's done
Back