Xbox 360 Elite Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 250GB Console $400 - Amazon

KarcassmaKer

CAG Veteran
Saw this just now on the amazongames twitter. Pretty cool stuff:

Just announced! Check out all the details on the Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 250GB Elite console

Available for release date delivery.

Here's whats in the box:

• Limited Edition Xbox 360 Console with exclusive Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Design
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Standard Edition (Rated "M" for Mature.)
  • 250GB HD
  • 2 Black Wireless Controllers
  • 1 Black Xbox 360 Wired Headset
  • 1 Ethernet Cable
  • 1 Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable
  • Free one month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold (Xbox LIVE Silver subscription is included with console)
  • Free Netflix trial offer

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='United_Korea']lower the amount of HDD memory and add in wi-fi capabilities.[/QUOTE]
I'd pay $450 for both
EDIT: Actually, $450 lowered down to about $380 for a dell.com sale is an awesome price for a 250 gb HDD, built in wifi, the console, controller(s), game(s) and headset

[quote name='United_Korea']lower the amount of HDD memory and add in wi-fi capabilities.[/QUOTE]
Agreed! Lack of built-in wifi has kept me from picking up a 360.

[quote name='J7.']Hmm... would I rather have to take apart the component cable down to its metal making it hazardous and squeezing an HDMI cable next to it so that I can have an extra controller I won't even need in most cases since most people who come to play already have one (if I didn't already have a 2nd one), OR have them include the official HDMI cable ($50) and be all set with a nice connection and no additional money wasted... let me think... Hell, even if I decided to later buy either one you can find controllers on sale but you don't find the HDMI cable on sale... [/QUOTE]

I've seen the optical audio adapter for sale used at Gamestop for $1.99. I'm not saying they're easy to find (it's not listed on the Web site that I could see), but they're out there. GS sells the HDMI cable separately for $19.99 used. So, I'd rather get the extra controller. If I wanted the full HDMI hook-up, I could trade the controller in for $20 and buy the optical audio adapter for $1.99 (-10% for Edge) and $5 HDMI cable from Monoprice.

BTW, Gamestop is taking preorders in-store but requires $50 down.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='salty tbone']I've seen the optical audio adapter for sale used at Gamestop for $1.99. I'm not saying they're easy to find (it's not listed on the Web site that I could see), but they're out there. GS sells the HDMI cable separately for $19.99 used. So, I'd rather get the extra controller. If I wanted the full HDMI hook-up, I could trade the controller in for $20 and buy the optical audio adapter for $1.99 (-10% for Edge) and $5 HDMI cable from Monoprice.

BTW, Gamestop is taking preorders in-store but requires $50 down.[/QUOTE]
Holy shit that is amazing $1.99 for the adapter. Unfortunately my chances of finding that are slim to none so I'd still prefer that in the bundle, especially since I have 2 controllers. If you don't have a 360 and you can find that at GS used then that is a better deal though.

I pre-ordered mine, mainly for the hard drive and I was wanting the game day one anyway. Since I already have HDMI and the audio adapter thing, not a huge thing for me. I think the console looks nice personally.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']You can get a 120gb anywhere between $15-$70 now at some stores (they've been dropping for months). So MS is going to restock all those 120s, give it different SKU and sell them again for $140?

The 250gb hdd standalone is inevitable (I just hope they do it before Christmas).[/QUOTE]

You are talking about clearance sales by specific stores that not everyone can walk in and find. To my knowledge the cheapest sale price available to everyone on a national basis was $99. And it certainly appears that MSFT is still stocking the 120gbs

MSRP on the 120 gb is still $150

Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-120G..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1253151070&sr=8-1

buy.com http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-12...e-for-xbox-360-120gb/q/loc/108/204356451.html

frys.com http://www.frys.com/product/5218427?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

bestbuy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...drive&lp=6&type=product&cp=1&id=1170290207575

gamestop (new) http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65035

gamestop(refurb) http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73822

walmart http://www.walmart.com/120Gb-Xbox-360-Hard-Drive/ip/5751091

Heck why pay for a huge drive when you can buy a 20 gb off flea bay and add your own drive to it for next to nothing.

I personally think it is a great deal, but I am on the last few gigs of my 120g HDD and have been worrying. I have a pre order on this but the one thing that has me worried is supposedly they will be releasing a few of these 250g game bundles.. all with custom artwork, game, extra controller, and 250g HDD. Rumors are floating that the next ones are ME2, FO: New Vegas and FF13. If these rumors are true.. I think any of those would prolly look much better and I would kick myself in the butt for getting this one >.

Anyway I can turn all of this into the $430.00 at GS I would need to buy one of these?

I have that I could get rid of or already reserved at Gamestop:

Reserved CoD:MW2 Hardened Edition-$85.00 with GS credit

X-Box 360 Console(pre-HDMI) with component hookups and wireless controller

120 GB Hard Drive

3 extra wireless controllers

The 250 GB hard drive means an update for the console since it currently only supports up to 120 GB. It won't be long before people are making their own 250GB with off the shelf components and hacking tools.

[quote name='shadylane']can somone explain this dell coupon situation?[/QUOTE]

there are 15% off on consoles coupons every once in a while for dell.com

I have a 120 hard drive for my xbox, but i am not really up to date on hard drives. If it really is super cheap to buy a 20 gig hard drive, why not buy a dozen of those instead of one big 200 gig hard drive?

As far as people talking about this being classed as "a deal" let's not forget this is a limited Edition, so it'll go quick. Amazon has a 3 console limit, I'm sure it's fair to classify this as a "temporary SKU" so, in that sense, it's a sort of a manufacturer-driven sale. Anything limited IMO is a "deal" when it won't be around forever and includes more bang for your buck too.

I personally liked the chrome drive against the black matte better, and don't like the "drag" text by the drive, but that's just me. Beyond that, I like the style, just not that text.

I'd assume these are Jaspers, but dont' take that as confirmation, it just makes sense since the RE5's were and they are custom making these with the ability to recognize more than 120 GB and giving them new HDD's so, I think it's fair to argue they're probably Jaspers, but who knows.

[quote name='Midori Monkey']I personally think it is a great deal, but I am on the last few gigs of my 120g HDD and have been worrying. I have a pre order on this but the one thing that has me worried is supposedly they will be releasing a few of these 250g game bundles.. all with custom artwork, game, extra controller, and 250g HDD. Rumors are floating that the next ones are ME2, FO: New Vegas and FF13. If these rumors are true.. I think any of those would prolly look much better and I would kick myself in the butt for getting this one >.

[quote name='no_exit']Agreed! Lack of built-in wifi has kept me from picking up a 360.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's the only reason for not getting a 360? Wow you're missing out!

So, where do you get the coupon codes for the 15% off console's on Dell? And will this console even be on Dell? Anyway, I have one big thing keeping me from getting this, even though I've already placed my pre-order on Amazon.

Can anyone tell me about the license transferring process? I have probably over 25,000 MS Points worth of DLC on my console from multiple (about six or seven, maybe more) different gamertags. How hard would it be to transfer the license's over to a new 360? I mean, I don't even have most of those accounts on my 360 anymore, but I still use all the DLC from them with my accounts that are still on the console as DLC comes with a console-wide license.

So, would I need to recover ALL of those gamertags first, and then transfer the license, or is it simpler, and I won't even have to recover the other accounts it'll just transfer over files or something? I really don't want to go to the trouble of recovering all those accounts (if I can even remember the details, or if the accounts are even still active), and I REALLY don't want to take a risk of losing over 25,000 MS Points worth of DLC, possibly even 50,000 worth...I don't really keep track.

I know that's a lot but I have had my Xbox for almost 4 years now, so it kinda comes with the territory. Anyway, any of you have any idea how hard/easy it'd be for the license transferring?

Oh, and one other thing, has any one seen anywhere what kind of chipset these console's will have? I'd assume Jasper, but I want to make sure first.

Thanks!

[quote name='Estebon']When you pre order, when do they charge your credit card?[/QUOTE]

Assuming you're pre-ordering from Amazon, they won't charge your Credit Card until they prepare the item for shipment. So, since it's released November 10, if you choose release-date delivery, they should charge you a day or two before, so around November 8-9 should be the date.

Also, sorry for the double post people.

And, I'd like to also add, just read that thing about a Fallout 3: New Vegas console like this possibly in the works...so...now I'm thinking I want to wait. I mean, I'm definitely getting the game on PC as I preferred Fallout 3 on PC, but if they do make that I'm betting that console would look sick. Plus I wouldn't MIND playing it on Xbox 360 as well assuming I got it from a limited edition pack like this.

Now I'm having doubts about my MW2 Elite Console pre-order...

looks like there is another 250 GB, 2 Controller, Extra Game Bundle being released

http://worthplaying.com/article/2009/9/17/news/68503/
http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2009/09/17/xbox-360-forza-3-super-elite-bundle-outed/
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3untitledodstgame/news.html?sid=6228606

FTA:
The bundle, which is almost identical to the Modern Warfare 2 bundle--sans the camouflage-themed paintjob and a copy of that game--includes a 250GB hard drive, two Xbox 360 wireless controllers, an Xbox 360 Headset, and the standard edition of Forza Motorsport 3. Unike the MW2 bundle, it does not look like the Forza 3 bundle will be limited to any one retailer.

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']looks like there is another 250 GB, 2 Controller, Extra Game Bundle being released

http://worthplaying.com/article/2009/9/17/news/68503/
http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2009/09/17/xbox-360-forza-3-super-elite-bundle-outed/
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3untitledodstgame/news.html?sid=6228606

FTA:
The bundle, which is almost identical to the Modern Warfare 2 bundle--sans the camouflage-themed paintjob and a copy of that game--includes a 250GB hard drive, two Xbox 360 wireless controllers, an Xbox 360 Headset, and the standard edition of Forza Motorsport 3. Unike the MW2 bundle, it does not look like the Forza 3 bundle will be limited to any one retailer.[/QUOTE]

NONE of these are slated to be sold in the USA (as of today). Didn't you post in the beginning of this thread that "this isn't a deal because it is MSRP"? Now your posting similar packages that aren't even available here (yet, if at all)? :wall:

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']You can get a 120gb anywhere between $15-$70 now at some stores (they've been dropping for months). So MS is going to restock all those 120s, give it different SKU and sell them again for $140?

The 250gb hdd standalone is inevitable (I just hope they do it before Christmas).[/QUOTE]

I've been to 7 Sears and 4 Kmarts I can't find a single 120GB on clearance

[quote name='SteveRox']NONE of these are slated to be sold in the USA (as of today). Didn't you post in the beginning of this thread that "this isn't a deal because it is MSRP"? Now your posting similar packages that aren't even available here (yet, if at all)? [/QUOTE]

You are correct sir.
I'm just contributing to this "deal"

Price is set @ £249.99 which converts to approx $367 which is even cheaper than the COD bundle.
I'm sure there are non USA CAG'ers here that would benefit from this information.

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']You are correct sir.
Price is set @ £249.99 which converts to approx $367 which is even cheaper than the COD bundle.[/QUOTE]
That would be true if the price was in Euros but it's GBP which at the moment is about $413.

I'm going to hang on the chance that they will make a limited edition GoW3 and I'll snatch that up... This is very cool but I finally have a 360 that is working for more than a few months....

[quote name='Jonsoncao']lol I am so tempted to get 3 through ECA discount and then put them on the bay lololol[/QUOTE]
Sorry, my good friend but the ECA discount only works on games not consoles.

This thing is awesome! My 360 gave out about 5 months ago (been playing on my iphone ever since) I was really thinking of getting an Elite and I already pre-ordered MW2 so I guess this is a better deal. Too bad I already have 3 controller, guess 1 will help buy this new one.

hey thanks for the info ...!!
signature_damoo.jpg
!!

I really, really wish that Forza bundle was being released in the US as I'm already planning on buying Forza.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']lol I am so tempted to get 3 through ECA discount and then put them on the bay lololol[/QUOTE]

I thought the ECA only worked on games? I don't think it works on consoles.

Has there been any news of MS continuing with 250GB versions or will this be the only one for a while?

No news but speculation based on the other similar bundles offered in other parts of the world is that MS has set up this price point to use consistently but sparingly in situations like this for their big AAA titles and that the 250GB HDD will be reserved for these special bundles. AI would expect about two bundles like these per year but with some amount of time in between them so that they're still special but you can kinda predict or expect when one will come around. For example I would be very surprised if Halo Reach doesn't have a bundle like this, possibly a Fable 3 one as well because of the relationship between Peter Molyneux and MS.

Atleast in Japan. For the USA I would say the next one I would bet money on would be the Halo Reach one, as far as I'm concerned that thing may as well be announced.

I bit on one since my xbox warranty is up in Nov. Plus I was going to get the game any way and running seriously low on hard drive space.
Any one looking for a 20gb 360?? I'll toss in some games too.

[quote name='JuanoTejano']Atleast in Japan. For the USA I would say the next one I would bet money on would be the Halo Reach one, as far as I'm concerned that thing may as well be announced.[/QUOTE]
I'd bet money on it being US as well. MS will be looking to get people to buy that game on 360 any chance they can. If they did it for RE5 they'll do it for FF XIII.

[quote name='prateeko']Well, that sucks. I liked the art on the top better in the pics from Major Nelson. Now they just have a 2 on there...[/QUOTE]

I think the 2 is on the bottom looking at that picture, so the art on top is probably still the same.

bread's done
Back