Xbox 360 Elite Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 250GB Console $400 - Amazon

KarcassmaKer

CAG Veteran
Saw this just now on the amazongames twitter. Pretty cool stuff:

Just announced! Check out all the details on the Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 250GB Elite console

Available for release date delivery.

Here's whats in the box:

• Limited Edition Xbox 360 Console with exclusive Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Design
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Standard Edition (Rated "M" for Mature.)
  • 250GB HD
  • 2 Black Wireless Controllers
  • 1 Black Xbox 360 Wired Headset
  • 1 Ethernet Cable
  • 1 Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable
  • Free one month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold (Xbox LIVE Silver subscription is included with console)
  • Free Netflix trial offer

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my console today and just set it up. I can confirm that the transfer cable does work with the 120GB>250GB drive transfer - or at least the version of the software that I have does. It's also estimating 4 hours transfer time, sadly.

A quick question for anybody who got one of these. Were yours sealed on the one side with a couple of round clear stickers that were kind of on top of each other?

[quote name='trdkamuri51o']for those who called MS to get the transfer cable, what did you tell them or say and what number did you call?? i want to get shit straight before i call em lol.. i got my 250 last night and i love it..[/QUOTE]

Just call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and find away to get to tech support, but be prepared to pay $12.99 for one plus tax since they are no longer giving them out for free.

[quote name='sengar']Received my console today and just set it up. I can confirm that the transfer cable does work with the 120GB>250GB drive transfer - or at least the version of the software that I have does. It's also estimating 4 hours transfer time, sadly.[/QUOTE]

I have the transfer cable hooked up and I'm stuck on the connect transfer cable page. Is there supposed to be an option to advance..all I have is the red back button lit up. The 120gb hd is on the MW2 Elite and the 250gb hd is connected via the transfer cable. I feel the 250gb hd "active" but nothings happening.

Update: Well after doing some "googling", I've read that the transfer cable will not work with the new 250gb hd since its not recognized on the transfer cd. Suck ass! Now I have to go buy a friggin memory card to transfer my data.

Yep, mine was the same way - for that matter, the holiday bundle Elite I picked up from Dell a year or so ago was the same also.

i have a transfer cable from last year, it works but slowly, 5 hours and 50 mins for me, i going from a 120 to a 250.

I don't know why your transfer cable is not working for you. The cable I have is working to transfer the data from my 120 to my 250. I'm watching it now. It was going to take 2HR 30Min but now I'm down to 45Min to go. Everything is working like it did when I went from 20 to 120. Hope you can find a solution or call MS support.

I got a 20gb one and have the new 250gb MW2 xbox. I only have 10 gig of date on it. I called up microsoft 3 times told them i bought 120 gb hd from amazon and it never came with the kit. After 3 calls they agree to ship it out at no cost.

[quote name='Wanderlai']I have the transfer cable hooked up and I'm stuck on the connect transfer cable page. Is there supposed to be an option to advance..all I have is the red back button lit up. The 120gb hd is on the MW2 Elite and the 250gb hd is connected via the transfer cable. I feel the 250gb hd "active" but nothings happening.

Update: Well after doing some "googling", I've read that the transfer cable will not work with the new 250gb hd since its not recognized on the transfer cd. Suck ass! Now I have to go buy a friggin memory card to transfer my data.[/QUOTE]

Er, that's not the case for me. I'm transferring my data from my 120GB to my 250GB right now using the CD that came with the 120GB drive originally....

I'm doing this on my Resident Evil Elite as I type this. 2 hours, 1 minute remaining!

Well apparently they are completely out of migration kits and they have no idea when they are going to have more. I was told that they can not place an order even on a back order status and that I needed to call back daily to see if they have it in stock. I talked to 2 different people on 2 different calls regarding this. Releasing this bundle without the migration kit is moronic. If anyone has one that I could use please pm me.

[quote name='ajh2298']A quick question for anybody who got one of these. Were yours sealed on the one side with a couple of round clear stickers that were kind of on top of each other?[/QUOTE]

I wondered the same thing when I opened my console, like the stickers had been removed then a new one applied. Maybe they had to modify something in the box prior to shipment or something on a large scale.. I dunno.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']I wondered the same thing when I opened my console, like the stickers had been removed then a new one applied. Maybe they had to modify something in the box prior to shipment or something on a large scale.. I dunno.[/QUOTE]

When it happened with my holiday bundle I assumed they had reopened it to add the MUA/Forza pack-in game, although I'm not sure if that would also be the case here.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Update: Well after doing some "googling", I've read that the transfer cable will not work with the new 250gb hd since its not recognized on the transfer cd. Suck ass! Now I have to go buy a friggin memory card to transfer my data.[/QUOTE]

It must depend on the version of the disc you have. I received mine around the same time that the 60GB drives were released onto the market. I must have gotten lucky and gotten one that had been updated to be compatible with newer drives.

[quote name='sgaldis']I am wondering where all of this talk of the RE 5 consoles being 'valuable' is coming from. A search of completed auctions on eBay shows that a new one actually just went for $355 with free shipping on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

i think a few have sold for $500 or so but remember ebay + paypal yanks a combined ~15% fee out of that as well so you really dont make sh!t.

[quote name='WilliamG']I will say this as well. The PSU is about 1/3 smaller than my RE5 Elite PSU, and the 360 itself is a TON quieter! YAY! :)[/QUOTE]

I was surprised to see how small the PSU was. I can't believe how much quieter it is compared to my Elite from last year. I'm glad I bought it.

my game case was cracked too! The box the console and n stuff came in looked beat up, what the deal with that?

But more importantly i need to transfer my freaken data and Microsoft is saying they don't have any in stock and i cant get on a list and they have no idea when they will get more. MS customer support sucks. Where can i buy a legit transfer kit besides some bootleg out of hong kong on ebay?

Hey, if anyone wants to sell me their transfer cable or is awesome enough to "lend" me theirs I would greatly appreciate it! By "lend" I mean I would pay for shipping to me and then I would send it back when I was done with it. I would send it back out the day I got it.

[quote name='Ltor']

But more importantly i need to transfer my freaken data and Microsoft is saying they don't have any in stock and i cant get on a list and they have no idea when they will get more. MS customer support sucks. Where can i buy a legit transfer kit besides some bootleg out of hong kong on ebay?[/QUOTE]

I think this might deserve its own thread somewhere where the people who are having problems with legit kits and software not recognizing the 60GB and 250GB drives and those who are having success in making the transfer can compare notes. The transfer software disks have part number on them printed on the front (such as X13-45476-01 or X13-45476-02....These numbers may not match the numbers on the cardboard disk sleeve, so lets stick with what is actually printed on the disk...and one version of the sleeve, the illustration labels the drives as 20GB to a 120GB while another version of the sleeve has same picture as the other but there are no size labels on the drives)....if we can figure out which ones are the ones that work on all drive sizes and not just the 20 and 120s, it would probably make it alot easier for folks to avoid getting the wrong software off ebay or from other CAGs.

The disc I used to transfer successfully from 120GB to 250GB says MEDIA SET X13-45472-03 on the cardboard sleeve, but the actual disc says X13-45476-02. No issues.

Dumb Question about the transfer kits, I have a newer disc version one that I order directly from Microsoft and once I am done with it I would be willing to send it out to others. But my question is is the disc that comes with the kit good for only one transfer? I always see threads about borrowing transfer kits but never read anything about the disc it comes with.

[quote name='Ltor']my game case was cracked too! The box the console and n stuff came in looked beat up, what the deal with that?

But more importantly i need to transfer my freaken data and Microsoft is saying they don't have any in stock and i cant get on a list and they have no idea when they will get more. MS customer support sucks. Where can i buy a legit transfer kit besides some bootleg out of hong kong on ebay?[/QUOTE]

When I received my console yesterday from FEDEX. The outer shipping box was banged up. Of course when I opened it the console box was just sitting in there with nothing protecting it. The console box was torn and smashed up. The game too had a cracked case. From talking with others it seems a lot of people have a cracked game case. I was mad when I saw this. I'm glad the console was alright.

I bought a transfer kit both from eBay and MS. Mine from MS still hasn't got here yet, that's why i got one from eBay. I looked for the ones that said it was an official Xbox data migration kit. I checked to make sure it was sold from somewhere here in the US, and had pictures of the green bag, cable, and white CD sleve with game. The other way to tell if it's not a Chinese knock off is to look at the price. The official ones sell on average for $35. The one I got from eBay worked like a charm transferring from the 120 to the 250.

[quote name='ajh2298']Dumb Question about the transfer kits, I have a newer disc version one that I order directly from Microsoft and once I am done with it I would be willing to send it out to others. But my question is is the disc that comes with the kit good for only one transfer? I always see threads about borrowing transfer kits but never read anything about the disc it comes with.[/QUOTE]

The disc is multi use. I bought a used kit from a guy here in the states from eBay and it worked fine for me. I never had a problem with it a year ago when I did a few transfers with the cable. So to answer your question it will work fine for others.

[quote name='WilliamG']The disc I used to transfer successfully from 120GB to 250GB says MEDIA SET X13-45472-03 on the cardboard sleeve, but the actual disc says X13-45476-02. No issues.[/QUOTE]

I have the same media set: X13-45472-03 and disc: X13-45476-02. I had no issues as well.

[quote name='coupegamer']Got mine...The COD game case was cracked....contacted Amazon Customer Service about it.[/QUOTE]

Same here, contacted Amazon and they already have another bundle coming my way. I played the game on another 360 which I got at Wally this past week since I am going to have to send the other bundle back. Hope this time the case isn't cracked.

The Resident Evil Elite had the same problem with the cracked game case. It was caused by how the packaging was designed. I think the weight of the system could crack the case if shipped in a box. I'm surprised they didn't fix it with this group of bundles, but then again it is Microsoft so maybe I'm not surprised :lol:.

Are people really returning this system because the game case is cracked? I can understand if the box is beat up and you think that there might be damage to the system, but to return the entire system because a .99 cent game case is cracked doesn't make sense to me. Seems like a bit too much trouble to go to for nothing.

[quote name='coupegamer']Got mine...The COD game case was cracked....contacted Amazon Customer Service about it.[/QUOTE]

They just offered me 10% back. So 40 bucks refund. Pretty good for a 10 cent case :D. Yet again Amazon customer service went above and beyond and continues to impress me. So anyone else who got a cracked case shoot them an email!

[quote name='coupegamer']They just offered me 10% back. So 40 bucks refund. Pretty good for a 10 cent case :D. Yet again Amazon customer service went above and beyond and continues to impress me. So anyone else who got a cracked case shoot them an email![/QUOTE]

:lol:

$40 for writing a 30 second email > returning the entire system

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']The Resident Evil Elite had the same problem with the cracked game case. It was caused by how the packaging was designed. I think the weight of the system could crack the case if shipped in a box. I'm surprised they didn't fix it with this group of bundles, but then again it is Microsoft so maybe I'm not surprised :lol:.

Are people really returning this system because the game case is cracked? I can understand if the box is beat up and you think that there might be damage to the system, but to return the entire system because a .99 cent game case is cracked doesn't make sense to me. Seems like a bit too much trouble to go to for nothing.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't care if the case was cracked and I only bought the game but I paid $400! for this so I expect everything to be in good shape. I don't want to use my system until I get my stuff transferred to the new hard drive and since I don't have the transfer kit yet I am perfectly fine with sending it back. Wish I had been offered the 10% off though...

[quote name='eliter1']I wouldn't care if the case was cracked and I only bought the game but I paid $400! for this so I expect everything to be in good shape. [/QUOTE]
That is exactly what I told them in my email to them. Broken condition for 400 dollars was completely unacceptable

sent an email about the cracked case issue as well. i mentioned others had received 10% off.

just got my email from them giving me that discount. sweet!

[quote name='eliter1']I wouldn't care if the case was cracked and I only bought the game but I paid $400! for this so I expect everything to be in good shape. I don't want to use my system until I get my stuff transferred to the new hard drive and since I don't have the transfer kit yet I am perfectly fine with sending it back. Wish I had been offered the 10% off though...[/QUOTE]

Nah, I hear ya man. When you buy something that costs a nice amount of $$$ you want it to be perfect, no fault in that. It just seemed like a pain to have to return the entire thing just for a neon green case especially if you didn't have access to another 360 and wanted to start playing the game ASAP.

Good to hear they are offering the 10% discount to people. Amazon kicking ass as usual. :applause:

[quote name='Link127']sent an email about the cracked case issue as well. i mentioned others had received 10% off.

just got my email from them giving me that discount. sweet![/QUOTE]

Just sent an email to Amazon. It'll be nice to get a $40 credit, since I saw the MW2 360 at Sams yesterday and I always buy my 360's at Sams due to their awesome return policy. If I had known Sams would carry the MW2 edition I would have bought it there.

Update: Amazon sent me an email saying that they'll credit $40 back to my account. Nice!

Aww, you guys are scaring me. Fed-Ex wasn't able to deliver my console yesterday, cuse no one was at my house. That means its been in transit for an extra day. I Hope it's not damaged when i get it today. :cry:

My console arrived perfectly fine, with those large air filled spacers all around the entire inside of the shipping box. The game case might still be cracked, I cannot tell as I did not open it and am selling that version on eBay currently ;)

my elite with the forza/marvel bundle also had a cracked case. no biggie though, the games and console was fine. though i think it's your right to get a game without a cracked case. seems crazy to send you another console instead of just another plastic case.

Amazon should get video game retailer of the year, as far as I'm concerned. $40 credit for a cracked case? Top notch customer service, especially since it's not necessarily Amazon's fault (my Gamestop bundle came with a shattered case, not just cracked).

Dam, my case was pretty messed up. Cracked at the bottom and top.

The disc is still intact and no visible scratches, im sure it's fine.

But the console box was literally in the amazon shipping box with 1 air bag packing. ONE!

I'll finish setting up my console, making sure it works fine, then shoot an email to Amazon, see what they say.

Nice to see Amazon is being responsible even if it was not their fault. Really wish I had been offered the $40 offbut if the case is not cracked on the replacement bundle they sent i'll be a happy man. CS rep seemed to know a lot of these cases are arriving at their destination because she said that if it arrived broken again I should contact her again.

Holy Motha!, i got offered %20 off as well.. :D

Wow, $80. At this point it would of been cheaper if Amazon had just sent me another copy of MW2.

PS: Can anyone confirm what chipset is in the new bundle? Is it the same as the RE consoles?. I noticed the Power Brick is about %40 smaller than my other one.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Holy Motha!, i got offered %20 off as well.. :D

Wow, $80. At this point it would of been cheaper if Amazon had just sent me another copy of MW2.

PS: Can anyone confirm what chipset is in the new bundle? Is it the same as the RE consoles?. I noticed the Power Brick is about %40 smaller than my other one.[/QUOTE]

It's a Jasper, the same as the RE Consoles. Has 12,1v on the back label.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']It's a Jasper, the same as the RE Consoles. Has 12,1v on the back label.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

(Ive been listening to the Remixed album as well (Above and Beyond are awesome) 14. Miracle (Michael Cassette Remix) FTW!);)

bread's done
Back