Xbox 360 Elite Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 250GB Console $400 - Amazon

KarcassmaKer

CAG Veteran
Saw this just now on the amazongames twitter. Pretty cool stuff:

Just announced! Check out all the details on the Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 250GB Elite console

Available for release date delivery.

Here's whats in the box:

• Limited Edition Xbox 360 Console with exclusive Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Design
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Standard Edition (Rated "M" for Mature.)
  • 250GB HD
  • 2 Black Wireless Controllers
  • 1 Black Xbox 360 Wired Headset
  • 1 Ethernet Cable
  • 1 Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable
  • Free one month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold (Xbox LIVE Silver subscription is included with console)
  • Free Netflix trial offer

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='intoxicated662']yes, the re5 le 360 has the jasper chipset and am sure this will too. this is not worth the $400 price tag I say. I got my 360 arcade for $215 after tax and then a 120gb hd 'used' for $75. a 'used' controller can go for $20-35 or you can get it within that price range on craigslist or ebay and the game you can wait for a deal or get it for regular price as well. this is just a little bit more $ but that's if you want to spend extra for it.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh if you do the math. I'm gonna do an average price on the controllers.

215 System
54 Two Controllers "Used"
75 120GB Hard drive "Used"

344$ Without the game. Lets say you score the game for 40. 384$ for that setup and the game. The set up being used hardware and a hard drive half the size. Not to mention gas if you need to drive to pick up a craigslist deal.

I think 400$ for new hard ware and a system that is unique is a deal :D

Just saying

Man, if Circuit City would get this in I could use the 10% bing cash and the $20.00 coupon- Come on CC- get these babies in!

[quote name='strikeratt']Uhhh if you do the math. I'm gonna do an average price on the controllers.

215 System
54 Two Controllers "Used"
75 120GB Hard drive "Used"

344$ Without the game. Lets say you score the game for 40. 384$ for that setup and the game. The set up being used hardware and a hard drive half the size. Not to mention gas if you need to drive to pick up a craigslist deal.

I think 400$ for new hard ware and a system that is unique is a deal :D

Just saying[/QUOTE]

The Arcade comes with a wireless controller and isn't used, so your math is off, but I still agree that $400 is a good deal. But then again, I'm a sucker for junk like this. If GS sells this so I can use store credit, I'm tempted.

I hope they are indeed new JASPER models and not old overstocked FALCON Elites with a fancy new art work on it. :lol:

At this late in the game, im sure they are new manufactured hardware with Jasper Chipset. Why not when the limited Resident Evil bundles hit stores close to half a year ago.

It is a great bargain guys, its simple math.

Elite XBOX 360 120GB HD = $300
+ New Wireless Controller= $40
+ COD: MW2 Regular copy= $50
+ 130GB more HD space = Easily over $400 already.

Only issue i have, is that i was already going to get Prestige or Hardened edition of the game. I guess i could sell the bundled copy for cheap to a friend.

Im not sure how LIMITED these are going to be, so i took a safe bet and pre ordered one off Amazon. They don't charge you until the item ships anyway.:applause:

[quote name='lingenfelser']Damn. Liking this new 360.
Too bad I just got the RE5 Limited Edition 360 in March! [/QUOTE]

Same story, i feel a little dumb for buying it so recently.

Why would anyone purchase this when you can get a slim PS3 which will last over 8 months, COD MW2 and extra controller for the same price? Not to mention all the other great PS3 games that are out. Don't get me wrong, I own all the systems and like them all but after getting 3 RROD on the 360 3 times since jan 2007. I have vowed not to purchase anything 360 that I don't have to. Next time it does it I'm just going to sell all my 360 stuff altogether. This RROD problem is not fixed nor do I think microsoft intends to fix it because so many dodo brains are going out and buying 2 or 3 backup 360's when they should be spending their money on a system that don't break and wait for microsoft repair to get it back.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Why would anyone purchase this when you can get a slim PS3 which will last over 8 months, COD MW2 and extra controller for the same price? Not to mention all the other great PS3 games that are out. Don't get me wrong, I own all the systems and like them all but after getting 3 RROD on the 360 3 times since jan 2007. I have vowed not to purchase anything 360 that I don't have to. Next time it does it I'm just going to sell all my 360 stuff altogether. This RROD problem is not fixed nor do I think microsoft intends to fix it because so many dodo brains are going out and buying 2 or 3 backup 360's when they should be spending their money on a system that don't break and wait for microsoft repair to get it back.[/QUOTE]

Please go troll somewhere else.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Why would anyone purchase this when you can get a slim PS3 which will last over 8 months, COD MW2 and extra controller for the same price? [/QUOTE]

Because they want to get an xbox 360.

Why is it so hard to understand that people have different preferences?

[quote name='ps2emotions']Why would anyone purchase this when you can get a slim PS3 which will last over 8 months, COD MW2 and extra controller for the same price? Not to mention all the other great PS3 games that are out. Don't get me wrong, I own all the systems and like them all but after getting 3 RROD on the 360 3 times since jan 2007. I have vowed not to purchase anything 360 that I don't have to. Next time it does it I'm just going to sell all my 360 stuff altogether. This RROD problem is not fixed nor do I think microsoft intends to fix it because so many dodo brains are going out and buying 2 or 3 backup 360's when they should be spending their money on a system that don't break and wait for microsoft repair to get it back.[/QUOTE]

Get out of here you fanboy with your wall o text and crack pot statements. Yea just what I want to do buy another PS3 to grill my steaks.

maybe because i already have a ps3 i barely touch and i still want to play my 360 library that's way more extensive.

I'm surprised some of you call yourselves CAG's. Buying a system you already have for some artwork and a larger HDD? A HDD I'd question you could even use 1/4 of unless you just got a bum-load of music. But even then, a 120 should be enough even with all the best XBLA games.

What do you have on your HDD filling up all that space. Sure it's a good deal for those without an X360, but I just don't see the point when you own one already and should have all the controllers your buddies need anyway. Buy the game for the 53.99 it will be some where and save yourself a few hundred dollars.

If you don't have an X360...have at it. You'll be hard pressed to find a better priced entry with all this stuff.

Those of you selling your 360's, be sure to post it in the trade forum. If it's a new jasper unit, I might be interested ;) I don't own an X360 yet. But no way in hell am I giving Activision any money.

so they don't charge you until its realeased?

im selling my xbox 20 giger for 200 to my friend

and i was gonna buy the $300 elite and then mw2 so i would only be spending 40 dollars more then i planned for this year

but i can get em back by selling my controllers

[quote name='Nameless One']I'm surprised some of you call yourselves CAG's. Buying a system you already have for some artwork and a larger HDD? A HDD I'd question you could even use 1/4 of unless you just got a bum-load of music. But even then, a 120 should be enough even with all the best XBLA games.

What do you have on your HDD filling up all that space. Sure it's a good deal for those without an X360, but I just don't see the point when you own one already and should have all the controllers your buddies need anyway. Buy the game for the 53.99 it will be some where and save yourself a few hundred dollars.

If you don't have an X360...have at it. You'll be hard pressed to find a better priced entry with all this stuff.

Those of you selling your 360's, be sure to post it in the trade forum. If it's a new jasper unit, I might be interested ;) I don't own an X360 yet. But no way in hell am I giving Activision any money.[/QUOTE]

I wrote a whole thing about how much HDD space I use for my 360, then I realized I don't really care to tell people what it all goes towards. The point is, I consider myself an "average" kind of gamer, who buys a fairly normal amount of games, downloadable games, and addons. That said, I use 75GB of the formatted 110GB on my hard drive. That's more than a quarter of the formatted 240.

People who want the bigger hard drive probably also want the improved chipset, so why shouldn't they get the best of the best (so far) for a relatively fair price to cover their asses for a 360-less RRoD affair?

I know what I'm getting for Christmas this year. I own a 20 gig model so I was going to get an Elite anyway so I will have to do the greatest game flip I ever done so this won't cost me more than a couple hundred bucks. I will get this from Gamestop since I can stock up on credit quickly there.

Now, to cancel my MW2 regular edition pre-order and put it towards this. How hard is it to transfer the data from HD to HD cause I don't want to lose all the save info on my 20.

The bundle is nice but the console looks like ass. They did as little as they could on the console to call it a MW2 LE.

[quote name='cdeener']I know what I'm getting for Christmas this year. I own a 20 gig model so I was going to get an Elite anyway so I will have to do the greatest game flip I ever done so this won't cost me more than a couple hundred bucks. I will get this from Gamestop since I can stock up on credit quickly there.

Now, to cancel my MW2 regular edition pre-order and put it towards this. How hard is it to transfer the data from HD to HD cause I don't want to lose all the save info on my 20.[/QUOTE]
Its not hard at all. Its actually quite easy to do.

[quote name='Nameless One']A HDD I'd question you could even use 1/4 of unless you just got a bum-load of music. But even then, a 120 should be enough even with all the best XBLA games.

What do you have on your HDD filling up all that space.[/QUOTE]

Two Words: Rock Band. I have well over 220 songs downloaded (not counting the RB1 songs and RB2 bonus songs), and with both RB2 and TB:RB installed on my hard drive (plus the obligatory collection of XBLA games and one or two other games I play frequently installed), I'm coming close to hitting the full capacity of my 120GB hard drive... I have maybe 20GB left, which will deplete quickly once Beatles albums become released.

When RB songs weigh in at around 25~50MB each and you're committed to amassing a decent collection (because, lets be honest, a music game is only worth the amount of songs you enjoy playing on it), you quickly realize that what was once a huge storage capacity is actually not that big.

Unfortunately, I neither enjoy CoD (I know... it's insane. I must just be weird or something) nor need a new 360, but if I did, I would jump all over this in a heartbeat. If nothing else, I'm sure you could get rid of the CoD and not lose much, if any, of your initial investment.

[edit] That said, I have no idea why MS decided to bundle this with CoD... I assume that the logic is that CoD players = hardcore, and hardcore players like huge hard drives, regardless of their necessity. If anything, partnering this console with TB:RB (or, I suppose Lego: Rock Band... but not really) would have been more appropriate, given the previously explained space concerns.

[quote name='Nameless One']What do you have on your HDD filling up all that space. .[/QUOTE]

For me, it has been full game installs to take the wear off my DVD drive, slightly increase performance, and decrease the noise the 360 makes.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Its not hard at all. Its actually quite easy to do.[/QUOTE]
I hope its easy to find a transfer kit.

Since it comes with composite cables will these also have the HDMI output or should I just take the cables I have to my 20 to have component?

[quote name='cdeener']I hope its easy to find a transfer kit.

Since it comes with composite cables will these also have the HDMI output or should I just take the cables I have to my 20 to have component?[/QUOTE]I think you can still get the transfer kit from MS, though I think it's $13 S&H on it now, not just free any longer. There's a thread in the 360 forum with the form and info about it.

All current 360 consoles have HDMI. They've been that way since the Falcons came in 2008, and with the Elite before then.

Pick up a cheap HDMI cable from Monoprice, Amazon, or wherever you'd want. MS has just gone cheap on not providing the HDMI or component cables with the 360, to try and save some money.

Your existing component cables would work OK with the MW2 console.

I actually kind of like the design, they could have done much worse, they went minimalist. Glad it's not green with MODERN WARFARE 2 and a giant 2 on the side with some stupid slogan like WAR IS BACK WITH MOAR SPLOSIONS!

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I actually kind of like the design, they could have done much worse, they went minimalist. Glad it's not green with MODERN WARFARE 2 and a giant 2 on the side with some stupid slogan like WAR IS BACK WITH MOAR SPLOSIONS![/QUOTE]

Well, we're talking about Infinity Ward, not Treyarch. Big difference.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Glad it's not green with MODERN WARFARE 2 and a giant 2 on the side with some stupid slogan like WAR IS BACK WITH MOAR SPLOSIONS![/QUOTE]

The thought makes me chuckle. I actually would like that just because it's so ridiculous.

[quote name='zenintrude']Did you also enjoy this?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I'm a firm believer that everything is made better with cheese. ;)

[quote name='salty tbone']Yes. I'm a firm believer that everything is made better with cheese. ;)[/QUOTE]

I like your style and will not insult you.

Unfortunately, most "gamers" saw that trailer and thought it was the coolest shit ever... and not in an ironic way.

Just like they'd unironically love your "improved" CoD console idea.

Yeah I think It's a good deal when you consider how MS overprices their accessories and theres no way the 250 gig hard drive will retail under $130.

If it was $300 I would even consider buying ANOTHER 360 if it came with a HD transfer kit for free from the 120 gig.

[quote name='antlp89']The ECA discount wouldn't happen to work on this would it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='persianhero']ECA Discount wont work right?[/QUOTE]

READ the first 2 pages of the thread maybe. or the ECA print.

[quote name='postulio']READ the first 2 pages of the thread maybe. or the ECA print.[/QUOTE]
What he means to say is no.

And this is a hell of a deal. I'm very tempted to buy this as a third 360.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think you can still get the transfer kit from MS, though I think it's $13 S&H on it now, not just free any longer. There's a thread in the 360 forum with the form and info about it.

All current 360 consoles have HDMI. They've been that way since the Falcons came in 2008, and with the Elite before then.

Pick up a cheap HDMI cable from Monoprice, Amazon, or wherever you'd want. MS has just gone cheap on not providing the HDMI or component cables with the 360, to try and save some money.

Your existing component cables would work OK with the MW2 console.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the info my good sir. The reason I asked about the component cable is my TV only has 1 HDMI port and I use my PS3 for that.

Does this portend an impending drop on the price of the 120GB hard drive? Still pulling a nintendo on my 20GB by cleaning out the fridge for each single game install.

Question guys: Do consoles ever appear in Amazon's Goldbox? I have seen accessories, but i don't think i have ever seen consoles.

[quote name='J7.']Would be better with the official HDMI cable in place of the extra controller.[/QUOTE]

So you rather get a $5 HDMI cable than an extra $40 controller?

[quote name='Viol8tor']So you rather get a $5 HDMI cable than an extra $40 controller?[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, it's not just the HDMI cable. If you want to hook up your 360 to your TV via HDMI, but use a speaker system, you need the audio adapter that comes in the package. I don't think there is a third-party or cheap knock-off of it, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, this is a great deal, in my opinion. I wish I had the money right now to replace my jet-engine Pro.

[quote name='Viol8tor']
So you rather get a $5 HDMI cable than an extra $40 controller?[/QUOTE]

Seriously....controllers are worth a lot more than the HDMI cables. Unless you shop exclusively at Best Buy.

bread's done
Back