Xbox 360 Elite Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 250GB Console $400 - Amazon

KarcassmaKer

CAG Veteran
Saw this just now on the amazongames twitter. Pretty cool stuff:

Just announced! Check out all the details on the Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 250GB Elite console

Available for release date delivery.

Here's whats in the box:

• Limited Edition Xbox 360 Console with exclusive Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Design
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Standard Edition (Rated "M" for Mature.)
  • 250GB HD
  • 2 Black Wireless Controllers
  • 1 Black Xbox 360 Wired Headset
  • 1 Ethernet Cable
  • 1 Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable
  • Free one month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold (Xbox LIVE Silver subscription is included with console)
  • Free Netflix trial offer

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OrangePuck']I'm kicking myself right now. Just a little over 2 months ago I dropped $430 on a Resident Evil Edition. I don't care about the writing on the MW2 edition but the game, hard drive, extra controller and 1 month XBL card.....I would have waited.[/QUOTE]

dont kick yourself too hard, i got the halo/fable bundle with falcon drive for 400 shipped back in april. ive played it lots, but i mean, i could have waited another 5 months and got this one for the same price. and no i am not going to sell the one i have now for 150 to 200 and pay 400 for this one. that is not very cheap.

IF you dont have rock band, and wont be using bigass hard drive and the extras(i use the headset, and of course the hard drive, but thats about it) you would be better off getting a deal on an arcade(wait for a deal on a dell.com) and then a hard drive but meh, i cant complain too much, like i said, i use the system lots.

If you were waiting on getting a system, and will definitely get the call of duty game, this is a very solid deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cdeener']Thank you for the info my good sir. The reason I asked about the component cable is my TV only has 1 HDMI port and I use my PS3 for that.[/QUOTE]Happy to help.

[quote name='J7.']Would be better with the official HDMI cable in place of the extra controller.[/QUOTE]If you're talking the HDMI kit, with the audio output dongle + HDMI cable, then that might be the case. Issue is that you don't need the audio output dongle unless your receiver can't do audio over HDMI and you have to run an optical connection to the receiver. Even that's a bit of a stretch IMO.

[quote name='Nameless One']Seriously....controllers are worth a lot more than the HDMI cables. Unless you shop exclusively at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]Agreed. Between Monoprice and Amazon, you can find HDMI cables for $5 or less, shipped.

[quote name='MicrosoftGuy']Any word if the console is $330 with the Dell deal? If so that is absolutely SICK!!!!![/QUOTE]

Not listed on the Dell site yet, and for some reason the coupon code I had isn't working now on just a standard XBX Elite. Weird.

[quote name='Izod517']Not listed on the Dell site yet, and for some reason the coupon code I had isn't working now on just a standard XBX Elite. Weird.[/QUOTE]

Dell's been out of stock of both the 360 Elite and Arcade for a couple of days now. Might now show in cart/wishlist, but it does when searching.

I may be mistaken and I don't mean this to be negative, only looking to seek clarity. Should this be in this forum?

This doesn't appear to be a deal. Am I missing something?
According to Microsoft's release, the retail price is $399.

I understand this is big and cool news, but this seems like it should go under a news thread or something like that?

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']I may be mistaken and I don't mean this to be negative, only looking to seek clarity. Should this be in this forum?

I understand this is big and cool news, but this seems like it should go under a news thread or something like that?[/QUOTE]

*Shrug* Way to be "that guy." It's worth mentioning for those in the market for the current SKUs or seeking bundle deals.

[quote name='help1']That is one ugly console, which is weird because the CoD MW2 box art is cool.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to have to disagree with that. Both the console AND the boxart are sexy :drool:

[quote name='steveinneed']The art is ugly. The regular elite looks much better.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

I think it looks good :)

I think it looks okay myself (certainly better than the Halo and RE special editions). I like the fact that you actually get something you can use (game, extra controller/HDD space) instead of just a weird paint job for your money.

I don't have an Xbox, I have a PS3 and Wii, but a lot of my friends have it, so this is too tempting. What is this about a Dell deal? Someone said that a Dell deal would make this $330. If that's true, I'll get it for sure.

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']I understand this is big and cool news, but this seems like it should go under a news thread or something like that?[/QUOTE]

Where no one would see it? Come on. This is the definition of a deal. The regular Elite is $300, and if I'm not mistaken, that currently comes with no game, correct? I don't see the GotY bundle on Amazon or GS.com anymore, so I'm guessing they aren't readily available for purchase. More of a YMMV thig. So, for $100 more, you're getting an extra controller, more than double the hard drive space (which under MS' terms, is a shit load of money, unfortunately), and a brand-new game.

I definitely understand people not wanting to see the Deals forum cluttered with a bunch of stuff that is at MSRP, but come on. Something like this is definitely a deal. You're saving a bunch of money. It should be posted where the entire community will catch it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Where no one would see it? Come on. This is the definition of a deal. The regular Elite is $300, and if I'm not mistaken, that currently comes with no game, correct? I don't see the GotY bundle on Amazon or GS.com anymore, so I'm guessing they aren't readily available for purchase. More of a YMMV thig. So, for $100 more, you're getting an extra controller, more than double the hard drive space (which under MS' terms, is a shit load of money, unfortunately), and a brand-new game.[/QUOTE]
The $300 Elite comes with Halo 3 and Fable 2, or Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Jones. But the hard drive in the new console really does make it a deal.

[quote name='OwenRocky']I don't have an Xbox, I have a PS3 and Wii, but a lot of my friends have it, so this is too tempting. What is this about a Dell deal? Someone said that a Dell deal would make this $330. If that's true, I'll get it for sure.[/QUOTE]
Dell.com usually has consoles for about 70 or so dollars off. You should probably wait and see. (and even w/o dell.com's deal, it's still a good price for $400!)

[quote name='salty tbone']I don't think it does, only because normal Elites don't and a transfer cable is not listed in the "what you get" section. I think MS will send one if you can provide the serial number of your console, but I couldn't find anything on MS Web site to prove that.

The transfer cable be used more than once? The MS site is not clear, and I seem to remember people saying the cable is a once and done thing. That seems off to me. I still have mine when I upgraded to a 120gb, but I don't have a way of seeing if it'll work a second time.[/QUOTE]

Dunno if anybody answered this for you, but the cable can be used over and over (with the disc).

The only reason people put "one and done" is because once you transfer your stuff to your new box, you'd have no need for the cable/disc anymore. Unless, of course, you decide to upgrade again. Then, the cable could be used.

I might have to see if my friend wants to chip in with me for this deal. We both been wanting a 360 recently and stocked up on some original Xbox and 360 games, but haven't decided on the unit. This is a superb deal.

It's either this or a netbook computer with an Ion graphics card come this Nov...

[quote name='Nebenator']The $300 Elite comes with Halo 3 and Fable 2, or Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Jones. But the hard drive in the new console really does make it a deal.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, not according to the consoels I see listed on Amazon and GS.com. Both are just standard SKUs...no bundled in games. The Kung Fu Panda and Lego bundle was from last year's holiday season, so I really doubt those are around. The GotY bundle is newer, so you might still see those in stores, but like I said, they aren't available online, so you might have to hunt for them...plus pay the tax on them in-store.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Like I said, not according to the consoels I see listed on Amazon and GS.com. Both are just standard SKUs...no bundled in games. The Kung Fu Panda and Lego bundle was from last year's holiday season, so I really doubt those are around. The GotY bundle is newer, so you might still see those in stores, but like I said, they aren't available online, so you might have to hunt for them...plus pay the tax on them in-store.[/QUOTE]
WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE BUNDLES?! No, but seriously, I remember seeing the GotY bundle.... But microsoft IS coming out with this

[quote name='padlok']Major Nelson stated on his blog that this 250gb will not be sold seperately....[/QUOTE]

don't believe that jackass! it WILL be sold separately sometime next year. they're saying no because they want to move those MW2 consoles. same thing that happened with the Elite..

Pretty much in agreement there. You will see the 250GB HDD sold on its own eventually. They want to make money in every possible way. So, they will say it's some kind of exclusive now, so people on the fence will bite. Then, everyone who refuses to will buy the HDD when it comes out.

Major Nelson is like the Lee Corso of Gaming (I just bet the opposite way).

Like everyone stated, when the 250gb HD does come out, it's going to be $200 or over, so you might as well save up and grab the bundle.

Crap, I just got a new elite about 3 weeks ago. I wish I would have held out a little longer. Oh well, I still like my elite.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Major Nelson is like the Lee Corso of Gaming (I just bet the opposite way).

Like everyone stated, when the 250gb HD does come out, it's going to be $200 or over, so you might as well save up and grab the bundle.[/QUOTE]Damn. Grab your ankles on that price.

[quote name='spiderdog']Preordered Mine. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]
Wow, that was quick. No deal or anything, he bought it just as it was announced. WE ARE CAGs, PEOPLE!!! :bomb:

[quote name='Nebenator']Wow, that was quick. No deal or anything, he bought it just as it was announced. WE ARE CAGs, PEOPLE!!! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

We are gamers first and there are a lot of collectors too. :)

[quote name='shrike4242']Damn. Grab your ankles on that price.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but the good thing is, once it comes out (the 250gb standalone HDD), the 60 and the 120gb hdds will drop dramatically (whichever stores haven't dropped them already).

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Yeah but the good thing is, once it comes out (the 250gb standalone HDD), the 60 and the 120gb hdds will drop dramatically (whichever stores haven't dropped them already).[/QUOTE]If the 250GB drive ends up being $200, then the 120GB should drop to $100 and the 60GB (sans starter-kit extras) to $50.

Only thing that makes sense.

[quote name='shrike4242']If the 250GB drive ends up being $200, then the 120GB should drop to $100 and the 60GB (sans starter-kit extras) to $50.

Only thing that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

While this makes sense in... well, some kind of sense that is not business, this does not make retail sense.

Ever hear of the concept of buying in bulk? The same concept applies here...

Expect to see the go at some price point ($100? I have no idea, never bought a hard drive for 360 by itself), and then some standardized increment for each larger SKU... something like $50 seems likely.

So, 60GB (presumably the "starter pack") at $100, 120GB at $150, and 250GB at $200. This works in Microsoft's favor, because many people will think to themselves, "Well, if I double my investment, I more than quadruple my return."

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']guess this is xbox #4 for me. I think the artwork looks sick plus getting extra controllers and another copy of MW 2 is a good deal :)[/QUOTE]

what do you need 4 xboxes for? I can understand 2, anything more is just insane.

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']I may be mistaken and I don't mean this to be negative, only looking to seek clarity. Should this be in this forum?

I understand this is big and cool news, but this seems like it should go under a news thread or something like that?[/QUOTE]

I guess it is somewhat up to personal taste, but I'd say it's a deal

Elite-$299
Wireless Controller-$50
COD MW2-$60
1 Month Live-$8
250gb Hard Drive
While the hard drive upgrade doesn't have a standard price, the extra controller/MW2/Live adds up to $118 just for those add ons, so you are already making $18 before you factor in the bigger hard drive.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']what do you need 4 xboxes for? I can understand 2, anything more is just insane.[/QUOTE]
I think he means his old ones had RROD or E74

[quote name='bleak']Looks sort of stupid. I'm not sure I want a console emblazoned with -

HIGH SPEED - LOW DRAG
Taskforce 141

I guess that appeals to some people[/QUOTE]

I hear you on that

[quote name='shrike4242']If the 250GB drive ends up being $200, then the 120GB should drop to $100 and the 60GB (sans starter-kit extras) to $50.

Only thing that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

They will not be selling the 250 gb as a standalone according to MSFT so we may not see much of a drop in HD prices (other than the normal sales ie $79 to $99 120 gb HD sale from last year)

[quote name='Viol8tor']

So you rather get a $5 HDMI cable than an extra $40 controller?[/QUOTE]
Hmm... would I rather have to take apart the component cable down to its metal making it hazardous and squeezing an HDMI cable next to it so that I can have an extra controller I won't even need in most cases since most people who come to play already have one (if I didn't already have a 2nd one), OR have them include the official HDMI cable ($50) and be all set with a nice connection and no additional money wasted... let me think... Hell, even if I decided to later buy either one you can find controllers on sale but you don't find the HDMI cable on sale...

They'll probably release the 250 gb next year for $160-$180 and reduce the cost of the 120 gb and dumbasses will think they're getting a good deal on a 250 gb HDD.

is there any info on what chipset is being used on this new bundle? is it the newer chipset? just another reason to justify a purchase for those of us who have older systems.

[quote name='kklems']They will not be selling the 250 gb as a standalone according to MSFT so we may not see much of a drop in HD prices (other than the normal sales ie $79 to $99 120 gb HD sale from last year)[/QUOTE]
You can get a 120gb anywhere between $15-$70 now at some stores (they've been dropping for months). So MS is going to restock all those 120s, give it different SKU and sell them again for $140?

The 250gb hdd standalone is inevitable (I just hope they do it before Christmas).

Seriously who would pay $200 for a Console Hard Drive? They probably won't sell it separately regardless of some beliefs here as it wouldn't sell on it's own, they'll continue to sell the 120GB separately. That's my opinion on that. Thinking of selling my original 360 without HDMI for this setup. Good time to upgrade I guess.

The 120GB HDD use to sell for around $200. Hell, it still retails for $150 after all this time. So, it's not exactly insane to think people will pay $200 for the 250GB. I mean, people use to pay $100+ for 1GB memory sticks for the PSP. When companies have you over the barrel with proprietary accessories, they know they can basically get whatever they want from a majority of consumers. Not everyone is a CAG.

The smart move would be:

#1. Sell your 120gb separately on ebay ($70-$100)
#2. Sell your Xbox 360 and some games on Craigslist ($150-$200)

Bingo! Just add $100-$150 and you got the new Elite with a 250gb HDD which will last you until the next-gen console.

bread's done
Back