Xbox 360 Game Install Sizes and Loading Times: 900+ games! (Celebrating 5+ years!)

Just posted on Games On Demand:
Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War - 5.1GB

BTW, I don't remember there being a Bladestorm: The Thousand Years War. Where did that info spring up from?

[quote name='dumlaox']Just posted on Games On Demand:
Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War - 5.1GB

BTW, I don't remember there being a Bladestorm: The Thousand Years War. Where did that info spring up from?[/QUOTE]

Updated. And I have no idea where that came from. Removed :)

Hi.everyone..
grey.png
...:):)

My Blog :
http://newtrafficgenerator.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a correction that needs to be made to the list:

Where The While Things Are needs to be Where The Wild Things Are

--------------------------

Fight Night: Champion - 5.4GB - BLUE

From DVD
Initial Load - 7 seconds
Fight Now: Tyson vs. Ali - 26 seconds

From HDD
Initial Load - 7 seconds
Fight Now: Tyson vs. Ali - 22 seconds

From the US Games On Demand service:

Open Season - 3.9GB
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon - 6.7GB
Crash: Mind Over Mutant - 6.0GB
Surf's Up - 4.9GB

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - 6.4GB - BLUE

From DVD
Initial Load - 6 seconds
The Leaky Cauldron - 14 seconds

From HDD
Initial Load - 5 seconds
The Leaky Cauldron - 11 seconds

DeathSmiles - 1.4GB - WHITE

From DVD
Arcade Mode - 7 seconds

From HDD
Arcade Mode - 6 seconds

de Blob 2 - 6.0GB - BLUE

From DVD
New Game - 15 seconds

From HDD
New Game - 10 seconds

Brunswick Pro Bowling - 1.6GB - GREEN

From DVD
Initial Load - 22 seconds
Quick Play - 6 seconds

From HDD
Initial Load - 12 seconds
Quick Play - 4 seconds

DJ Hero 2 - 3.3GB - WHITE

From DVD
Initial Load - 11 seconds
Quick Play: Iyaz vs. Rihanna - 11 seconds

From HDD
Initial Load - 11 seconds seconds
Quick Play: Iyaz vs. Rihanna - 10 seconds

Knights Contract - 6.5GB - GREEN

From DVD
New Game - 20 seconds

From HDD
New Game - 12 seconds

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds - 2.9GB - WHITE

From DVD
Training - 3 seconds
Exit Training - 4 seconds

From HDD
Training - 2 seconds
Exit Training - 2 seconds

Blazblue: Continuum Shift - 6.1GB - WHITE

From DVD
Title Screen - 5 seconds
Arcade - 4 seconds

From HDD
Title Screen - 5 seconds
Arcade - 2 seconds

Will try to update the list within the next few days. Since nothing has come about with the CAG wiki, I'm thinking of starting one from scratch with the same code as wiki so that we can copy and paste eventually...

Top Spin 4 - 5.4GB - BLUE

From DVD
Title Screen - 36 seconds
Exhibition - 26 seconds

From HDD
Title Screen - 30 seconds
Exhibition - 23 seconds

Crysis 2 - 5.5GB - GREEN

From DVD
New Campaign - 24s
Multiplayer Skyline Map - 31s
Nanosuit Showroom - 17s

From HDD
New Campaign - 18s
Multiplayer Skyline Map - 23s
Nanosuit Showroom - 13s

Yoostar 2: In The Movies - 5.1GB - WHITE

There's no instance of a loading screen in the game and no differences observed when playing from both DVD and HDD.

Heads up, dumalox and I have started officially working on the wiki...if you search hard enough I'm sure you can find it. Right now we're finalizing the formatting before transferring content/data. We want to make sure all of the attributes are in place before we get half way and realize "oh shit, we forgot "this"...

:D

Progress on the wiki page is going pretty smooth right now. Transferring the information for 624 chronicled games isn't an easy task, though, so don't expect the page to be done for a while. On top of that, we're also adding in games that haven't been recorded yet so that people will know what we have left to go and find load times and performance changes for.

In the meantime, please keep posting up your findings here and we'll make sure it goes in the wiki page before the public unveiling.

And now we have a Wiki page. If you want to check it out or start throwing up contributions to the page, go here:

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Xbox_360_Game_Install_Sizes_&_Loading_Times

A few things you'll notice when you get there:

-We now have listings for Xbox 360 titles in the Games on Demand section of the marketplace. If you ever wanted to know what titles can be downloaded in which region, this will tell you.
-Instead of just putting up titles we have information for, the list contains every Xbox 360 disc title to date as listed out by x360a.org. If they put up a new game, you can be sure this Wiki page will do the same.

Enjoy the new page and be on the lookout for any new findings there. You can never tell when someone from the community will find something for us.

Updated Marvel vs Capcom 3, it loads 4 seconds faster for online matches (but you will have to wait the 4 seconds if that person doesn't have it on his HDD)

Updated the Wiki a bit with some upcoming games, info for Mortal Kombat, Little League Baseball, and N3 II, Dr. Pizza's time differences, and some other games appearing on Games on Demand. Also added the info for those three games to the main post as well.

Usually a head count suffices for me. I'll almost always count load times for title screens, quick matches, or anything offline since it's more controlled that way for me. Don't have to worry about the other user user network conditions or anything like that.

Updated the Wiki page with some info on games now on Games on Demand. Also updated both the Wiki and the original post with info on Quantum Theory.

Time permitting, I should get some readings done on Portal 2 and a few other games. No promises, though.

Added both Michael Jackson: The Experience and Portal 2 listings to both the first post and the Wiki.

Interestingly enough, people have been updating the Wiki lately. At some point I'll try to get that in sync with the initial post.

[quote name='dumlaox']Added both Michael Jackson: The Experience and Portal 2 listings to both the first post and the Wiki.

Interestingly enough, people have been updating the Wiki lately. At some point I'll try to get that in sync with the initial post.[/QUOTE]

It's actually tempting to remove the first post listings and just use this thread for people who want to report games/sizes/performance...

Just an idea.

Tempting to do. You are the originator of the thread, though, so I leave that decision up to you.

Added the size for L.A. Noire to the front page and Wiki thanks to Eurogamer & Digital Foundry. No performance noted yet.

[quote name='dumlaox']Tempting to do. You are the originator of the thread, though, so I leave that decision up to you.

Added the size for L.A. Noire to the front page and Wiki thanks to Eurogamer & Digital Foundry. No performance noted yet.[/QUOTE]

I think I'll leave it. Both are now able to be edited by anyone, and it is nice to have a quick reference here on the Xbox forum. Plus, we've put far too much time and effort into the list to drop it :p

Added a ton of games to both the first post and the Wiki thanks to Digital Foundry. Their face offs are now starting to put up install sizes for multi-platform titles they're comparing so that helps us out a bit on that front. Still going to need performance readings, though.

BTW, SynGamer, is there a way to edit the title also or are we only allowed to edit the post. With the number of additions we've had lately, I'm pretty sure the count is above 624 :p

[quote name='dumlaox']Added a ton of games to both the first post and the Wiki thanks to Digital Foundry. Their face offs are now starting to put up install sizes for multi-platform titles they're comparing so that helps us out a bit on that front. Still going to need performance readings, though.

BTW, SynGamer, is there a way to edit the title also or are we only allowed to edit the post. With the number of additions we've had lately, I'm pretty sure the count is above 624 :p[/QUOTE]

Appears only I (or a mod) can change the title.I'm going to put "Over 625 games and counting!" for now.

For some reason the Wiki link is taking me back to the main CAG page. Going to alert them on that one. In the meantime, added some stuff to the list including info on The First Templar, Mnopoly Streets, Hasbro Family Game Night 3, and Pro Evolution Soccer 2011. Also added info for Dirt 3 and changed the total size for L.A. Noire.

There's a few things still on the Wiki but since I don't have the usual Wiki backup on me now, I'll have to update that later either when I get home or when I get access to the Wiki again.

Finally, it's a pretty big release day today. Time permitting, I should be able to get some new times and info posted on some new and old stuff fairly soon.

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - 6.4GB

Load to Title (ocean at nite is first load screen):
disc - ~36 sec.
hdd - ~35 sec.

Tested using online-stopwatch.com. No difference. Gotta press start at intro scene to get option to skip. Lose maybe a sec. or two.

Welcome any second opinions tho.

Kung Fu Panda 2 and Lego Pirates info added to both the first post and the Wiki. I thought I did Ben 10 Ultimate Alien already but since I don't see it here or on the Wiki, I'll make that one I'll look into tonight before I get rid of it.

Wow, not only do the loading times in Duke Nukem Forever suck, THEY ALSO TAKE LONGER IF THEY ARE INSTALLED TO THE HDD. WTF?!

Time it usually takes off DVD: 34 seconds

Off a hard drive its 40 seconds.

WOW. O_O This game fails at everything, EVEN HDD INSTALLING!

Just wandered in here... So Halo ODST and its multiplayer disc have faster loads with game installation? I thought it would get worse if anything since it is the Halo 3 engine. Guess I'll have to install the multiplayer disc sometime.

[quote name='Autumn Star']Added install sizes of Just Cause 2 and Bulletstorm.

There also seems to be some disconnect between the wiki and the OP, which kinda sucks.[/QUOTE]

The Wiki has been getting more attention, which is good because you don't have to be registered to view it I believe. That said, I believe Dumlaox is trying to keep them both updated, bless his soul :D

As of now the Wiki and OP should be matching up to each other save for some alphabetical and spelling errors. All of the data should be correct, though.

[quote name='imacgod']Just wandered in here... So Halo ODST and its multiplayer disc have faster loads with game installation? I thought it would get worse if anything since it is the Halo 3 engine. Guess I'll have to install the multiplayer disc sometime.[/QUOTE]

It's nothing to do with the engine. Halo 3 predates installing games, and is one of the games that caches itself to the system part of the hard drive. When you install it, it's having to copy from the user area to the system area, effectively having the hard drive's performance, having to seek back and forth, etc.

When I play it though, I'm installing, as there's no way I'm putting up with the noise unless a game doesn't support installing correctly (like the Dreamcast collection). (It's also possible caching support was removed in a patch or newer retail copy of the game, although I have no idea one way or the other.)

Added Toy Story 3 to the wiki.

And you know, I'm playing Dark Sector right now and I just can't wrap my head around how the fuck THIS is a 1.4GB game.

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']Wow, not only do the loading times in Duke Nukem Forever suck, THEY ALSO TAKE LONGER IF THEY ARE INSTALLED TO THE HDD. WTF?!

Time it usually takes off DVD: 34 seconds

Off a hard drive its 40 seconds.

WOW. O_O This game fails at everything, EVEN HDD INSTALLING![/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly. Duke Nukem Forever = DNF, which also means Did Not Finish.

this title's gonna be on clearance for $9.99 (or less) faster than UbiSoft price drops!

[quote name='Wolfpup']It's nothing to do with the engine. Halo 3 predates installing games, and is one of the games that caches itself to the system part of the hard drive. When you install it, it's having to copy from the user area to the system area, effectively having the hard drive's performance, having to seek back and forth, etc.

When I play it though, I'm installing, as there's no way I'm putting up with the noise unless a game doesn't support installing correctly (like the Dreamcast collection). (It's also possible caching support was removed in a patch or newer retail copy of the game, although I have no idea one way or the other.)[/QUOTE]

Interesting...I take it Dreamcast Collection installs, but the disc still spins like Konami Classic Collection Volume 1. I wonder if the newer Halo 3 Platinum Hits version remedies the original Halo 3's problem with installing?

Also, does anyone know if the retail/disc version of Plants Vs. Zombies installs to harddrive correctly? Thanks ahead.

I'd like to get a disc copy for my Xbox 360, but might just get the digital version if it installs and spins or doesn't install at all.

OMG this thread is awsome sadly I had halo 3 installed at one time thinking it was faster :whistle2:(. When I get two worlds 2 and the arcade triple pack in Ill try to help u guys out

[quote name='Mospeada_21']my thoughts exactly. Duke Nukem Forever = DNF, which also means Did Not Finish.

this title's gonna be on clearance for $9.99 (or less) faster than UbiSoft price drops![/QUOTE]

Ill buy Duke for under 10$ im sure i can get past all the bull crap hell i had fun with two worlds :p

[quote name='Mospeada_21']my thoughts exactly. Duke Nukem Forever = DNF, which also means Did Not Finish.

this title's gonna be on clearance for $9.99 (or less) faster than UbiSoft price drops![/QUOTE]

I mean the loading times from what i hear are INSANE, and you put it on the hard drive.. it doesnt help.. IT MAKES IT TAKE LONGER!?

WHAT THE fuck!

The size for Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon is now in both the wiki as well as the original post. Thanks to Digital Foundry for that listing. Also, the size and performance for Catherine are in both locations as well.

I'm playing New Vegas on the Playstation right now (4.8GB install, which doesn't help for this :lol:) and the game KICKS ASS.

I like the IDEA of Oblivion, but don't actually like the game, but I've put 10-20 hours into New Vegas easily, and it's just so so fun. There's always new stuff to do, the combat is pretty satisfying (unlike Oblivion for me), enemies don't level with you that I can tell. The writing and story are way more interesting to me, etc.

SOOOOOO impressive what they did with that game!.

bread's done
Back