Xbox 360 Premium & Elite w/Forza 2 & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Supplies Running Out

PyroGamer

Banned
Microsoft this morning confirmed part of the bundle rumor that's been ravaging the Internet for weeks: All Xbox 360s and Xbox 360 Elites will now come with free copies of Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a $90 value.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/microsoft-gives-away-two-games-with-360s-308136.php

Nice to hear the double-game bundles are finally back. Hopefully they keep bundling such great games, too (as opposed to the Tetris Worlds crap they started resorting to on the OG Xbox)

Hot on the heels of a price reduction for all Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft is now giving holiday buyers even more value by including two great games with every Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Elite, a retail savings of $90 for consumers. The acclaimed "Forza Motorsport 2" (Microsoft Game Studios) and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" (Activision) will both be included for the recently reduced prices of $349.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $449.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 Elite. Both bundles will be available retail-wide by the end of October.

Does anybody know what's generally in a bundle at Sam's? I was there tonight and was confused as to why the price tag said "399.98" when it didn't list anything special about it - in fact, it was just a plastic casing that had a picture of the 360 box inside of it, saying to take that to the register.

There are 4 bundles on samsclub.com. They all have the Xbox 360 Pro console, an extra wireless controller, and the Play & Charge Kit. 2 bundles appear to be identical with just the 3 items. 1 bundle also includes a messenger bag. The last bundle also includes two games (Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance), the messenger bag, and CD case.

I've seen the bundle with the messenger bag at my local Sam's. I'm guessing that is the current bundle, with MUA/Forza 2 added during the holidays.

Saw 6 Elites at my local BB, all non-bundles. From the S/N they appear to be mfg at the end of December.

The drought seems to be ending, but the Forza/MUA bundle seems to have ended as well. Seems to me this thread can retire to the Deal Graveyard.

Saw a stack of the Elite Forza and M:UA bundles at a Fry's yesterday. Selling for $479 I think, may have been $489. They were manufactured in July or August or something like that, so I figure the odds of them being Falcons are low. Just checked the wattage, not the lot number or team, and that was 203.

Saw literally a WALL of Pros and Elites at a BB the other day. I guess the elves took a month off after Christmas but are back at work. No bundles, though; I think that ship has sailed in most venues.

(Actually, the date codes are all from end of December and early January; looks like the supply chain takes about 6 weeks to get them in stores.)

FWIW, the Elite is in my Amazon Gold Box now for $427.49. It's my understanding that these Gold Box deals are very YMMV, but might be worth checking yours if you're in the market for an Elite.

bread's done
Back