Xbox 360 Premium & Elite w/Forza 2 & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Supplies Running Out

PyroGamer

Banned
Microsoft this morning confirmed part of the bundle rumor that's been ravaging the Internet for weeks: All Xbox 360s and Xbox 360 Elites will now come with free copies of Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a $90 value.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/microsoft-gives-away-two-games-with-360s-308136.php

Nice to hear the double-game bundles are finally back. Hopefully they keep bundling such great games, too (as opposed to the Tetris Worlds crap they started resorting to on the OG Xbox)

Hot on the heels of a price reduction for all Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft is now giving holiday buyers even more value by including two great games with every Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Elite, a retail savings of $90 for consumers. The acclaimed "Forza Motorsport 2" (Microsoft Game Studios) and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" (Activision) will both be included for the recently reduced prices of $349.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $449.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 Elite. Both bundles will be available retail-wide by the end of October.

Do the units with 65nm CPUs say Falcon on the box instead of Zepher? I suppose I should get in on this if I can get a Falcon and those games (although I don't actually want either game, but oh well). Might as well get as up to date as possible (though I'd rather the GPU be a new design too...)

[quote name='Wolfpup']Do the units with 65nm CPUs say Falcon on the box instead of Zepher? I suppose I should get in on this if I can get a Falcon and those games (although I don't actually want either game, but oh well). Might as well get as up to date as possible (though I'd rather the GPU be a new design too...)[/quote]

I am not sure, like I said before, gs sent out a letter to all store with stuff to change the old pro bundles into the new pro bundles. So you may get one of the units that is sitting on the shelf. My gs is getting in a new shipment, however. They are all out right now. I can't find a Pro 360 in my town to save my life. Everybody says that they are going to be getting them on friday, so this leads me to believe that we will be getting new units. M$ was attempting to bleed out the old units before sending in the new ones.

I'll let you know what mine has once I get it tomarrow.

I would go around today if possible and find out who doesn't have them in stock. They're probably going to get 'true' bundle boxes tomorrow. If they already have some, they may just slap a sticker on and call it a day, and you're left with an older console.

I found the premium bundle last night at Fry's in Plano, TX. :D

Don't know what chipset it is, but it was manufactured on July 14th.

The only other 360's they had in stock were the Halo special edition, but they had a whole pallette of the new premium bundle.

The two games come in one case, but are on individual disks.

Before that I had searched a Gamestop and circuit city and they did not even have any premium consoles in stock with an HDMI port.

[quote name='saytreyw']I found the premium bundle last night at Fry's in Plano, TX. :D

The only other 360's they had in stock were the Halo special edition, but they had a whole pallette of the new premium bundle.

The two games come in one case, but are on individual disks.[/QUOTE]

Is M:UA the gold or standard edition?

If the 360 I just ordered doesn't have HDMI I'm going to be pissed. Ordered it via 2 day so should be here either tommorow or Sat. Keep you guys updated.

[quote name='saytreyw']I found the premium bundle last night at Fry's in Plano, TX. :D

The two games come in one case, but are on individual disks.

Before that I had searched a Gamestop and circuit city and they did not even have any premium consoles in stock with an HDMI port.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up one of these new bundles from the Plano store too.

BTW, it's the regular edition of M:UA and both games are in one case. The cover is all jacked up because of the fine print they need to put on it for both games.

Can you post a pic of the game so we all can see it and also does the system have the hdmi output and is it quieter then the original first shipment xbox 360's

i got $80 in Best Buy Reward Zone certs just ready to go towards the new XBOX bundle.. but all BB's in my area are sold out, and also bestbuy.com

i know the reward zone coupons arent valid towards hardware, but the earned certificates are right?

[quote name='tankhead74']Can you post a pic of the game so we all can see it and also does the system have the hdmi output and is it quieter then the original first shipment xbox 360's[/quote]

I can take one tonight. The box does include the HDMI port.

As for being quieter, I don't know. I haven't spent enough time with other xboxes, but I can say that it does make a noticeable fan noise, so I doubt it is improved.

Went to GS a few minutes ago and they had the Elite bundle. I asked the guy if they had any Premium bundles, but he said they "sold out" (probably didn't get any in yet in other words). He said to check back Monday.

[quote name='WhiteRob']Went to GS a few minutes ago and they had the Elite bundle. I asked the guy if they had any Premium bundles, but he said they "sold out" (probably didn't get any in yet in other words). He said to check back Monday.[/quote]

good to know. i wonder if best buy will be getting these in

[quote name='wildnuts02']good to know. i wonder if best buy will be getting these in[/quote]
I just picked up a Pro bundle from Best Buy - last one they had. Think it's probably one they bundled themselves, though, as it's a Lot 0733, so not exactly just off the line. I haven't even opened it up, though, as my 1-year-old won't leave me alone long enough!

I picked up an elite about two weeks ago @ BB and was wondering if anyone knows if BB would give me the MUA & Forza 2 as some what of a "price difference"? I remeber hearing that people had about a 360 w/ the extended warranty and a few months later they got the red ring. When they returned their 360 to BB they also had gotten 50.00 back due to the price drop.

[quote name='mattfoley7']I picked up an elite about two weeks ago @ BB and was wondering if anyone knows if BB would give me the MUA & Forza 2 as some what of a "price difference"? I remeber hearing that people had about a 360 w/ the extended warranty and a few months later they got the red ring. When they returned their 360 to BB they also had gotten 50.00 back due to the price drop.[/quote]

From how I interpret their policies, you can't do a price match thing on bundles. So I don't see it working, but you could always try.

I think what I'll do then if they refuse to give the games or price difference is that I'll return the elite and repurchase it elsewhere.

[quote name='mattfoley7']I think what I'll do then if they refuse to give the games or price difference is that I'll return the elite and repurchase it elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Can you return it if its opened though?

I picked up the Premium Bundle from Best Buy tonight. It wasn't one of the new packages (the "Go Pro" one), but the manufacture date was 8/14/07. Also, the Marvel : Ultimate Alliance is the regular version, at least according to the packaging.

For those who wanted to see what the Forza 2/M:UA game looked like:

1549848096_f279f5fe55_o.jpg
1548983171_55d790c5ae_o.jpg

1548984413_34b53f0941_o.jpg

Definitely going to hunt around town for one of these tomorrow, I've been planning to buy a 360 for awhile now and now it looks like I was lucky I didn't have the money until now. Wish the games coming with it were better though; I'll give Forza a shot but I already own MUA for PS2 and I think it's kinda crap (maybe I'll trade off that copy for some credit somewhere). Hope I can find one at Target and get my employee discount.

I assume it's a dual disc like the Xbox 1 games; I like having these. If anyone wants to sell me a sealed one (do they come sealed?), shoot me a PM.

Someone already pointed out that it's almost certainly two discs as those games wouldn't fit on a single DVD together.

I just picked up a bundlepack from gamestop that came directly from Microsoft with the game not by gamestop putting the games in a older box. It has the lot # 736 and manufacture date of 9/4/07 does this mean I have the falcon chip or not if anyone know let me know asap thanks

You might. That's probably the highest lot number I've seen, and the manufactured date is pretty late too. There's an FAQ over on the 360 forum that shows you how to check.

Shine a flashlight into the bottom of the xbox and see if you can see a cooper pipe or not. If you can't see one then it should be a falcon, according to the xbox forums.

[quote name='tankhead74']I just picked up a bundlepack from gamestop that came directly from Microsoft with the game not by gamestop putting the games in a older box. It has the lot # 736 and manufacture date of 9/4/07 does this mean I have the falcon chip or not if anyone know let me know asap thanks[/QUOTE]

Also check what it says on the box's label. The Zepher units say so on the label, and I'd think/hope that the Falcons would too (presumably at least they wouldn't say Zepher-I think I'm misspelling that ;) )

How loud is this new unit when running a 360 game from disc?

At any rate, that manufacturer date is a good sign! I may pick mine up from Gamestop too, since they seem to get new shipments in compared to other places.

Just got back from GS. My xbox was build date 9-5-2007. It had the older heat sink so i have no idea what chipset it has. It runs quiter than my cousin's launch xbox 360 though.

I bought a 360 Elite and the game(s) from GS.

The Elite looks just like the 'original' ones, and he just stuck in the games. Whatever, same thing. (Still in one case though).

well i just got back from my local Best Buy.. and they did have a bunch of Premium bundles there, but they were clearly regular HDMI premium Units stuffed with the 2 extra games and had a big sticker for the 2 games on it.

You could see the extra clear tape they used to re-seal the box also.

As far as the Lot#'s..

All the units there (about 15 or so) had stickers over the original UPC info.

The sticker didn't have the usual LOT#, but had a TEAM:TMEM where the LOT# should be.

I was even able to see the original LOT# under the stickers, and it looke like 0728

so, i guess i will be waiting to use my Rewward Zone Certs for a little while, or until they start selling the newer units.

Just picked mine up from a Gamestop in Hollywood (only place that carried them in the greater Los Angeles). After talking to the cashier, I got the impression that they received a shipment Thursday night (10/11). I haven't gotten a chance to open up the box, but the system definitely has an HDMI port, and is from Lot # 735

Good signs, all around.

Further updates as soon as I open her up.

FWIW I found pics of the inside of the case:

IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

I'm glad that it's the originals and not some Not For Resale crap (I mean on the disc itself). Makes me happy I'm buying this since I want Forza 2 anyways.

[quote name='boooey']has anyone seen this bundle at Best Buy that is the new LOT# 734 or above?[/QUOTE]

my brother got one at a best buy in atlanta. His was lot 735 I believe.

For those who wish to know, A Falcon model Xbox 360 MUST BE:
  1. Lot #0734 (Halo 3) or later (all SKUs) (So far only Halo 3 Lot 0734 consoles have been found with 65nm)
  2. Manufactured on or after 8/24/07
  3. Team FDOU (Other teams may be Falcon as well, but none have been reported)

How to find Lot and Team info:
There is a white sticker on the side of the box with the lot # and team. In order to find the manufacturing date without opening the box, there is a flap on the side of the box that allows you to peek inside and see the manufacturing date on the console itself.

We got our Holiday bundles in this weekend as well.

We also got two of the Arcade bundles as well too, but they're street dated and can't be put out until the 23rd...

Since they're just putting the games in the boxes, has anyone tried bringing in their reciept for a 360 purchased recently at best buy and getting the free games? It'd be worth a shot, right?

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']For those who wish to know, A Falcon model Xbox 360 MUST BE:

1. Lot #0734 (Halo 3) or later (all SKUs) (So far only Halo 3 Lot 0734 consoles have been found with 65nm)
  2. Manufactured on or after 8/24/07
  3. Team FDOU (Other teams may be Falcon as well, but none have been reported)
How to find Lot and Team info:
There is a white sticker on the side of the box with the lot # and team. In order to find the manufacturing date without opening the box, there is a flap on the side of the box that allows you to peek inside and see the manufacturing date on the console itself.[/quote]

Is that for any model. Or just Pro/Elite.
Cuz I only need the core since I got a HD

Costo has them, i jut got one

Lot 730 Team CSON one case but 2 discs inside.

Date: August 2nd, 2007

Falcon or not I'm not sure doubt it ill check

I got a bundle from gamestop in San Diego (near SDSU)

the manufacturer date: 9-5-07
lot #: 736 (I think unless I misread the serial number...)

[quote name='Mako1215']Is that for any model. Or just Pro/Elite.
Cuz I only need the core since I got a HD[/quote]

So far, the Halo 3 system, but all sysstems for that team with aany later lot # or date will be falcon

[quote name='vatochewy111']I got a bundle from gamestop in San Diego (near SDSU)

the manufacturer date: 9-5-07
lot #: 736 (I think unless I misread the serial number...)[/QUOTE]
Have you checked to see if you have the new heatsink?

bread's done
Back